Running Office 2000 on Win XP - 64-bit

Which, if any of these programs will work on Win XP Professional - 64-bit

1. Microsoft Word 2000

2. Microsoft Excel 2000

3. Microsft Publisher 2003

4. Microsoft Outlook 2003

windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
Back in 2005 I used Outlook 2003 with no issues on Win XP - 64bit.
Carlos

vootsak wrote:
> Which, if any of these programs will work on Win XP Professional - 64-bit
>
> 1. Microsoft Word 2000
>
> 2. Microsoft Excel 2000
>
> 3. Microsft Publisher 2003
>
> 4. Microsoft Outlook 2003

I run Publisher 2003 on Win 7/64 pro, no problems at all.

I also run Office 2003 OEM on the same machine, no problems.

I cannot comment on 2000 products.

Sardine

0
Sardine
3/31/2010 1:40:15 AM
On 31/03/2010 in message
<D8E533DC-463F-4A8A-A534-F0CEA303278B@microsoft.com> vootsak wrote:

>Which, if any of these programs will work on Win XP Professional - 64-bit
>
>1. Microsoft Word 2000
>
>2. Microsoft Excel 2000
>
>3. Microsft Publisher 2003
>
>4. Microsoft Outlook 2003

Office 97 works (except SP2 won't install) and so does Outlook 2003.

Any of them is better than Office 2007 with its goddam ribbon :-(

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
"Jeff Gaines" <jgaines_newsid@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> Any of them is better than Office 2007 with its goddam ribbon :-(

For this keyboard user the ribbon can be just a different set of keyboard
commands, some even compatible with the old keystroke sequences.

---

0
Robert
3/31/2010 1:08:07 PM
In article <D8E533DC-463F-4A8A-A534-F0CEA303278B@microsoft.com>,
vootsak@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> Which, if any of these programs will work on Win XP Professional - 64-bit
>
> 1. Microsoft Word 2000
>
> 2. Microsoft Excel 2000
>
> 3. Microsft Publisher 2003
>
> 4. Microsoft Outlook 2003

They all work on Win7 x64, so I expect they would on XP x64 as well.

0
David
3/31/2010 1:18:17 PM
I am running the complete Office 2000 Professional on WinXP64 with no problems.
In fact, the only software I've really had any issues with is Quicktime/ITunes
(which I do have running but took some tweaking...)

vootsak <vootsak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Which, if any of these programs will work on Win XP Professional - 64-bit
>
> 1. Microsoft Word 2000
>
> 2. Microsoft Excel 2000
>
> 3. Microsft Publisher 2003
>
> 4. Microsoft Outlook 2003

0
Jeff

Outlook XP- Is Cached Mode Possible
Hello, I got a chance to play around with an eval copy of Outlook 2003. I liked the cached mode, especially for my laptop over dialup. I would like to do the same thing with Outlook XP. I'm sure that I cant, but is there something I can do to achieve a similar effect? I don't know much about personal files. I am using an Exchange server and would like to keep everything there, and also have a local copy. I know I can POP and leave the messages on the Exchange server, but would like access to my entire account (contacts, tasks, etc.), not just mail. Thanks, Chris If you connect by ...

Outlook Connector and Office Live Essential
Hello Diane, I subscribed to a free trial of Office Live Essential, upgrading the Basic Account I already owned. Connector doesn't care it at all. As with my Live Mail Plus, my Live Essential account correctly signs in but can't synchronize mail and calendars cause are services "available only to subscribers"... Who are them? I'm starting to ask myself, watching out for ghosts ;-) Ok. Jokes apart. I did it the upgrade 20 minutes ago and probably is too soon to get all MS Servers already set up. Anyway, I think I'll have to downgrade even if my bloody connector ...

Upgrading From Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 #3
i have a domain with two Exchange Servers running Exchange 2000 seperated by a T-1 WAN. Also, I have a couple other servers that have just the Exchange front end loaded for management purposes. What is the process for upgrading them both to Exchange 2003? Can I do one at a time, do I have to take the others offline, etc etc? Are there any special procedures to follow, or things to watch out for? In general, is going from 2000 to 2003 a smooth process? Thanks Joe Joe- The front ends need to be upgraded first. In general, the front ends must be the same version or newer than the ba...

What are the options for upgrading from Server 2008 32-bit to Server 2008 64-bit?
We're running SBS 2008 64-bit on our Domain Controller and Server 2008 32-bit on Member Server. I've now got confirmation from most of our software suppliers that their software is 64-bit compatible. This means that I can now consider installing Server 2008 64-bit on our member server and make use of the extra RAM capabilities. This is the main reason for upgrading to 64-bit. I have the 64-bit versions of Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 which came as part of the SBS 2008 Premium package we purchased. I'm looking for some advice on what the actual options are for gett...

Exchange 2003 on a 64 bit box
Will Windows 2003 Advanced Server 32 bit and Exchange 2003 Enterprise work with a 64 bit processor? No, it won't. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------ "JKeown" <JKeown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7D94AD8-FCA4-44F1-9F58-19C3C759AB7B@microsoft.com... > Will Windows 2003 Advanced Server 32 bit and Exchange 2003 Enterprise work > with a 64 bit processor? If you mean Itanium based processors no, if you mean current processors that support EM64T extensions (...

"Sharing" Office on the same machine
I am new to MAC. I have two users on my machine, and I installed Office for Mac while user 1 was active. All Office programs will launch as promised. When I try to access Office under user 2, none of the programs will launch. Can they be shared on the same machine between users? If so, what steps are required. Bob The only thing that comes to mind is where the app was installed. Was it in the application folder for USER1, or in the systemwide application folder. The last is where it should be for all users to have access to it. TK b1bob@thevillages.net wrote: > I am new to MAC. ...

HELP!! Excel and PowPnt crash on startup in Office vx under 10.3.2
I'm getting crashes in Excel and PP whenever I try to run them. I'm running Panther 10.3.2 and have updated everything I can. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dan Dan Gordon <gojet@jetpropics.com> wrote: Hi Dan, > I'm getting crashes in Excel and PP whenever I try to run them. I'm > running Panther 10.3.2 and have updated everything I can. > Any suggestions? Try going to the preference folder in your user account and in the Microsoft folder, delete the Carbon registration database and the Office 10 font cache. These two files will be automatically re-create...

Outlook 2002 Hangs on XP--Please Help
I cannot seem to keep Outlook 2002 from hanging my computer for 1-3 minutes. This happens at least a dozen times a day, and seems to happen when mail is being sent/receive. I am running Outlook on XP. Intel 2.4 Mhz with 1 GB RAM. Have PST file on Drive D. Have disabled MSN Messenger in Outlook. I run Norton Systemworks and Internet Security. Have removed WinFax. I am at my wits end and am considering going back to Windows 2000 or Office 2000. Any other suggestions? ...

Outlook 2000 and RPC over HTTP?
Is RPC over HTTP supported by Outlook 2000? Is RPC over HTTP supported by Exchange Server prior to 2003 (i.e., 2000, 5.5)? Or, another way to ask: Must I use Exchange Server 2003, and Outlook 2003 to accomplish RPC over HTTP? Thanks, Thomas PS: Most webcast and literature state things a in way where I think the answer is 2003 only (for both OL and Exch), but it would be nice if a KB article said "not support" on prior version. FYI. Unless, of course, it's support on those version in which case I'd say that doesn't come across.... ahh, ain't marketing literature w...

publisher won't run without the Disc 2 in the CD tray
When we load Publisher, we get prompted to insert Disc 2 of Microsoft Office. We're told to locate a file called data2.msi. When we insert the disc, Publisher runs fine. I already tried deleting and reinstalling. After we got the Blaster Worm out, I had to reinstall Word and Excel. They work fine now, but Publisher is still a problem. We are using Windows 2000 Professional. Any thoughts?.... thanks. ...

Increasing Memory Allocation in All Office Applications
I like to think I'm not an idiot, but I can't for the life of me, find = where I=20 can increase (change) the memory allocation in Word, Excel, Power=20 Point, & Entourage. I recently increased my SDRAM and want to=20 increase my allocations in all the office products. (Maybe I took a=20 stupid pill today instead of my Centrum!!) Thanks! You can only do this for Classic applications (like Office 2001 and Office 98). It's done by clicking the application icon, and then going to File -> Get Info -> Memory. You can adjust the Preferred size there, though you probably s...

2003 over 2000
My son gave me his Outlook 2003, full version. I have an Outlook 2000 installed, upgrade version. Can I install over 2000, or do I need to uninstall 2000 first? Have backup pst file available for 2000. Can I restore all my email, appointments, contacts in 2003 with that pst file? -- Noncompliant Money don't wag the dog's tail. Noncompliant, you wrote on Wed, 7 Mar 2007 22:50:32 -0600: > My son gave me his Outlook 2003, full version. I have an Outlook 2000 > installed, upgrade version. Can I install over 2000, or do I need to > uninstall 2000 first? > Have...

Office XP version 2002 Outlook Question
When I make a HTML email message with Outlook and send it to someone with Win 98 and Outlook Express version 6, the stationary becomes an attachment for some reason and isn't displayed. If I send the same person an HTML email message from Outlook Express it works just fine and the stationary is displayed. Why does it work with Outlook Express and not with Outlook? I can make a HTML email with Outlook and send it to myself and retrieve it with Outlook Express and it works just fine, the stationary is displayed, what's happening here? I have Windows XP on my computer. -- Brian UTC -050...

WINS and browsing
Hi Can anyone help me with network browsing problem with VPN client ? On ethernet network are 1 domain (A) and 2 workgroups (B, C). All computers (except servers in domain) get IP from DHCP, which is defined in domain A. DHCP has also defined DNS and WINS options therefore all computers register in domain A WINS. In domain A is also VPN server which assigns DHCP addresses to VPN clients. VPN client is computer in workgroup B (or C, same problem) and this computer does not receive browse list (neither for its own workgroup). VPN client can register in WINS (computername, user messenger ...) ...

XP: copy/paste from Access into Excel
Hello I am converting lots of Access/Excel apps to the XP version and I hav problems with the most stupid issues. Here is one of them: in the previous version (under NT) I could just copy and past tables/queries from Access into Excel (Crtl C/Crtl V) and everythin was working. Now the numbers are all formatted as text in Excel unless I past special (Biff5). I know I could use the Tools--> Analise it with Excel (from Access t Excel) but this opens the results in a new sheet and sometimes I nee to paste in a specified region of existing spreadsheets. Yes, I could also use pass through query ...

Outlook 98-2000
I know this is an Outlook 98 newsgroup, but I've been told that to do what I want to do, I need to upgrade to Outlook 2000. When I upgrade, can I use Word as my e-mail editor AND simultaneously use HTML as my message format? I haven't been able to do this using Word 2000 and Outlook 98. "Milly"(at this Newsgroup site - bless her heart for solving my problem on which I had spent 6 weeks!) told me WrD2000 and OtLk98 are incompatible; i.e. Word and Outlook must be the same vintage to do what I'm trying to do. Yes, but there will still be times that this combinati...

How do I convert a color raster image to a 1-bit bitonal image
I am attempting to convert a USGS color raster image map into a 1-bit bitonal image so that I can plot the same in an autocad environment as a black & white image. In previous times I could use PHOTOED on Windows 98 to perform this task, but now with XP I seem not to have the functionality. PhotoEd seems to not be compatible with XP. Anyone got a suggestion? hfg kentucky This has nothing to do with Publisher. Sorry. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ENGINEER OF KY" <ENGINEER OF KY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC4286A-17BE-4655-90B...

Excel 2000 math question
1- I use a formula =IF(L67>75,L67-75,0) to calculate extra billing charges in excess of 75 units. This works fine. 2- I have a second formula =IF(I67>(L67),I67-(L67),0) to calculate charges, at a different rate, above the result of the first formula. This formula works fine if the result of formula 1 is >0, however if the result of formula 1 is 0 I get an undesirable figure. I've been playing with the formula but I haven't done this in 15 years and am lost. TIA Steve L. Steve, what cell is formula 1 in? you have not described how you want the 2nd formula to work,...

How do I open Microsoft office 2003 w/bcm?
When I go to Microsoft office 2003 w/bcm, outlook starts to load but then states "operation failed". How do I get office outlook w/bcm to open or use? Gene You will have a better result by reposting to the outlook.bcm newsgroup --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "gene" <gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:CEB629BA-1C22-4C55-9C4D-806009C1E258@microsoft.com... > When I go to Microsoft office 2003 w/bcm, outlook starts to load but = then=20 &g...

Run .vbs script on client workbooks
Hi - I am not a programmer and have a question I hope I can explain and that you can answer. The agency I work for requests hundreds of excel workbooks from other state agencies. We are auditors. (Please don't hold that against me. I'm not an auditor. I just keep their computers running.) Since these workbooks come from other agencies, there is no standard format or style. Many times, the workbooks have hidden rows and columns and may contain one sheet or several sheets. I have been asked if it is possible to run a Macro on the workbook to unhide the column...

Groupwise 6.0x & Exchange 2000 coexistance
We'd like to connect our Exchange 2000 server with the Groupwise 6.0x server of a partner company to able to: Both side see the recipients of the other company in their email clients to send email to Both sides see the free/busy schedule of the recipients of the other company in their email clients Both sides be able to book meetings with the recipients of the other company in their email clients The following article ( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329041 ) mentions that since we are running Exchange 2000 (and not 2003), this may not work because the par...

Excel XP Word Wrap Problem
I have a lot of text in cells. I want the text to wrap. I have turned on Format > Cells > Alignment > Wrap Text. But all I get is a string of number signs (#######) across the width of the cell, and the text does not wrap. What am I doing wrong? Check the coloumn width, also check if the text entered is in 'text mode. Go to format by right click and check -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ray Format the cells to General. Usually clears this up. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 11 Apr 2004 21:00:11 -0700, ray-woodcock@usa.net (Ray Woodcock) wrote: >I have a ...

Rules dont seem to run auto
I have a problem with RULES running in Outlook 2002. The rules are okay. If I run them manually from the rules wizard they work fine. I have the rules apparently places in the inbox, and I am attempting to MOVE messages that come in to the various email accounts I have folders for. Running them manualy works... they all go where tyeh should. But, the messages just seem to sit there otherwise unless run manually. DavidF. Is it possible that more than one rule is acting on a particular message, and that might be causing the messages to appear not to move? Try adding "stop processing...

money 2000 install error
I am trying to reinstall Money 2000 in XP and keep getting error at the end of the install. Runtime error C:\~mssetup.t\~msstfq.t\acmsetup.exe abnormal program termination All my other office products loaded fine,I have tried cleaning and examining disks and all seems okay. I have had no problems before whne I had to reinstall. Any help would be useful. Thanks Tim ...

Virtual PC vs. Office X
I currently have MS Office on Virtual PC Windows 98, and it keeps locking up on me. This is the only reason I use Virtual PC, becaus of the Office products. Should I remove Virtual PC and just purchase Office X for Mac X? If so, what are the hardware requriements? I have Max 10.1.3. Thank you for your help! In article <ac0382c4.0409080804.6af7e8c4@posting.google.com>, staceygross@hotmail.com (New2Mac) wrote: > I currently have MS Office on Virtual PC Windows 98, and it keeps > locking up on me. This is the only reason I use Virtual PC, becaus of > the Office products. S...