Recovery Partition Question

A friend had a system crash and resinstalled windows 7 using the factory
disk. They selected the option to create a recovery partition. All was well
but they were not paying attention after it was created and when they went
to install programs and save programs they saved and installed them on the
recovery partition. It is now almost full. Can he remove or delete files he
does not need ? If so what should remain? Also is there a way to block this
from happening in the future.

Thanks Nash55

0
Nash55
3/30/2010 9:35:59 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Customizing Portfolio Manager question
Hello! In MS Money 2006 Portfolio Manager (PM), one of my column headers is "Last tran.". The tooltip for this says "Date of the last transaction". When I right click on the header and select "Edit current view", and click on the "Portfolio columns" tab, it says that "Last transaction date" is "the last date the investment was TRADED". I have a stock which I bought in 1999 and have just been getting the dividends reinvested. So in Portfolio Manager, it only shows in the "Last tran." column the date of the buy (1999)...

Print preview question
When use preview the CR , how can I know the user press' print' button ? or press' export' button ? thanks "Sze" <abc@abc.com> wrote in message news:eGiRTfYgKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When use preview the CR , how can I know the user press' print' button ? > or press' export' button ? > > thanks > > CR? Which print preview dialog are you using in what type of project? Hello Sze, Could you please let us know the Application context and elaborate the problem? By the way, we have migr...

Question re Custom Number Formats
I have columns of large numbers (like 254038016). Is there a way to use custom formatting to make them always displayed in scientific format but to a particular power (e.g., +E6)? Scientific format appears to pick its own power but rather use the number of zeroes. It is not clear to me how to do that. I do not want to change the actual numbers in the cells. Alan Alan, You can put it in millions with for instance: ###,000,, Make it like this and you also have the "scientific notation": ###,000,,"E+6" -- Wigi http:/...

newbie question on drawing
Hi all, Could somebody please please please take pity on me and have a look at what I am doing and see where I am going wrong? This problem has been driving me up the wall for days. I am trying to create a windowless ActiveX control which performs animation using a separate thread. I've got it to work in windowed mode, I just create a device context in the thread function using the line: CClientDC dc(thisctrl) where thisctrl is the same as 'this' in the OnDraw function, just passed over in a structure, i.e. a pointer to the control's main class which is derived from C...

I'm just getting started an I have some questions on tables.
I deal with both companies and end users and I'm trying to figure out how to set up the contact table. My plan was to set one table for companies and have contact entries as a sub form and another form for contacts with individuals but both the company contact sub form and the individual form would link to the same table? My reasoning is that I may have many contacts to one company but have individuals that contacts normally at most would be "domestic partners"and their family members and I want to track contacts whether it's email, phone calls, letters and more. The first...

Licensing question using front end / back end ex2k3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C43E97.760B1C80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If I want to setup a ex2k3 server in a front end and back end = configuration can I run that on one license since I'm using half of the = software on one server and the other half on another? Or do I need to = purchase a separate exchange license for the front end server? Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C43E97.760B1C80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-E...

Smarlist Questions
Hi All Does anyone know of a way to display the notes field in a smartlist? What i need is to have the text typed in the Notes (The OLE note) displayed in a smartlist. I have smartlist builder but I can figure out a way to link the two. Thanks Fliehigh Do you mean the record-level note? If so, link the NOTEINDX field in the appropriate master record to the same field in the SY03900 table and display the TXTFIELD column. An interesting feature of SmartList is that, although the note may only display one line on the screen, if you roll your cursor over it the entire note will pop up i...

Publisher question
Can I change a Publisher file to a .jpg or .tif format? How? sally <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can I change a Publisher file to a .jpg or .tif format? How? Publisher 2002 and 2003 you can go to File > Save As and select TIFF or JPEG format. Publisher 2000 or earlier you will need a third-party app like FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) or SnagIt (www.techsmith.com) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Ed Bennett" wrote: > sally <sally@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to > utter: > &...

Newbie question (:=)
When do I use :=? I googled it didn't come up with anything. Thanks.. The := is used for named arguments in procedure calls. For example, say you have a procedure like Sub AAA (A As Integer, B As Integer, C As Integer, D As Integer) ' code End Sub Then, you want to call this procedure. You would normally use code like AAA 123, 345, 567, 678 In this line of code, it isn't readily clear what the number signify. However, you can use named arguments to document the function call: AAA A:=123, B:=345, C:=567, D:=678 This makes the code self-documenting, e...

a 'Refresh'ing question
hello VBA Help (I have Access 2002) says that a form's Current Event is triggered when the form is Requeried or Refreshed, or the focus moves to a new recored making it the current record. I have a question about the 'Refresh' part of that statement. In one of my combobox's AfterUpdate event I have code "Me.Refresh". Here's my question. When I'm stepping through the code and the combo's AfterUpdate code is run, the form's Current event is NOT triggered. Why? Is the Help message wrong? (when I use "Me.Requery", the Curre...

Deleted Item Recovery...
Can anybody help me please??? I am currently running Exchange 5.5 on an NT4 server with Outlook 2000 clients. I want to disable the 'Recover Deleted Items' option from specific client mailboxes as we feel they are breaching our email policy but they are entering the 'Recover Deleted Items' option in their outlook client and purging the mailbox. Is it possible to set mailbox or email client specific restrictions on accessing the 'Recover Deleted Items' menu option (ideally disabling that menu option on specific client machines) Apologies if this is a client base...

Continuous Forms Question
Hello all....this should be simple, but I must be missing something... I have a continuous form that has a Yes/No check box in each line. I also have a "Delete Record" button on each line. What I need to do is to have the On Current (I assume) set up so that if the Yes/No checkbox is checked, to disable or lock the Delete Record button. I'm using an If...Then do lock other fields to prevent editing, but can seem to get it right for the button. I've used DeleteRecord.Visible and DeleteRecord.Enabled, but they still are enable either way. What am I missing? Thanks ...

Simple class derivation question
I've created a class derived from the standard CRegKey so as to add saving / loading of e.g. CSize objects. Problem : Ive created SetValue( CSize &Size, LPCTSTR szEntry ), which is fine, but unfortunately this means :- DWORD Fred = 42 ; SetValue( Fred, _T("Fred") ) does NOT call the base class's function but instead converts the DWORD to a CSize object and calls my new function instead! DOH ! I think I need to add something to the class constructor :- class CMyRegKey : public CRegKey { <somthing goes here ?> CRegKey ; <or is it something else here...

Public Folder Question #2
I created a public folder in System manager, but need it to have the characteristics of "Appointment Items". How do I make this change????? Sorry for my stupidity. Use Outlook to create the folder so that you can choose the folder type. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF7BA270-E009-4BD1-AAFC-61ECC62...

Simple (?) question re email forwarding
Sorry but can't get a definitive answer to this Simple requirement - client has SBS 2003 using Exchange POP3 connector to collect email from catch-all mailbox at ISP Uses Exchange routing to determine local recipient - all working fine The MD wants all undeliverable email for this domain to forward to his mailbox - how is this achieved ? In POP3 connector properties his mailbox is set to receive all undeliverable POP3 and his account also has postmaster@ as an alias Message tracking shows the incoming msg and NDR being generated but Exchange refuses to forward the undeliverable mail to...

Excel Question #21
Hello All, How can I subtract dates to get whole numbers in Excel? I am trying to link DOB's with a chart that rates based on age. example: 12/20/2005 - 12/20/1955 = 50 years old. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Adam Use the DATEDIF function. =DATEDIF(start_date,end_date,"Y") For more info about DATEDIF, see www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "AB" <AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F613DAF0-519F-4642-8ADB-F7...

Excel Macro Question about Conditional Formatting
I have a cell that is colored according to a conditional formatting statement. I want to copy the color to another cell using a macro but I can't find the property. In particular, Range.Interior.ColorIndex is NOT set. I can examine the colors using Range.FormatConditions(index) ..Interior.ColorIndex but I can't tell what value to use for "index" (a conditional format has up to 3 conditions and thus index is a number between 1 and 3 but I don't know which one is currently active). -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com hi, you are coping the conditional format t...

Subquery works..2 questions to learn more
Thanks to Allen Browne, and general reading of the other Posts, I have a Top 5 Aggregate Query working, but I'd like to learn more. 1.... If I use the name of the Aggregate Query in the Subquery, it runs, but much slower than making that Aggregate Query a Table (which I've read before, while it works, is discouraged). Is this observation I've noted the way it is when using an Aggregate Query as a Subquery? 2.. If the Top 5 results are 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 then all the 3s are displayed...they are a tie for 5th place...any way to display onl...

Newbie to Outlook
I finally made the jump to Outlook (Outlook 2002 from Office XP in this case) from Outlook Express and I have some questions, please. 1) Where do I make a setting so that I will automatically start a download of my mail when Outlook starts? Currently I a) can wait the 5 miuntes for the next send/receive to happen or 2) I can initiate it manually when I start Outlook. 2) I have 2 phyical hard drives on my system. I want to move my entire Outlook profile to a folder on my second HDD. 3) Can I have multiple identities/profiles with Outlook, to keep my personal mail, contacts, and calendar s...

CRM integration questions
- From the SDK, I understood that one can insert notes from an external source using the notes.manager class. I suppose attachments can be inserted too. Shouldn't they be related to some other entity (account, contract, lead...)? Can they just be inserted as "orphan" notes? - The fetch language... is there any simple sample that can be used as a guide? I know there are samples in the sdk, but can they just be pasted in an aspx form and execute it? I haven't been able yet.. Thanks Fred, the only guides for fetchxml are in the CRM sdk and on msdn.microsoft.com "fred ...

Publisher 2003 question
I'm trying to send a 3 page Publisher document, using 'send as message', but only one page is viewed in the mail, the other 2 pages 'disappear'. What is the right way to send a doc which is more than one page, using 'send as mail' (and not as attachement). Thanks - Rebecca because there is no such thing as a multiple page email...make your original pub document longer (all one long page). -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Rebecca" <gitiya@walla.com> wrote in message news:FF8303EE-13DE-454...

signatures question
Hello all, If you have 1 user who is bob@company.com and sales@company.com and he can reply from both addresses from the same outlook account (as both go to the same email inbox) how do you setup different signatures so one signature displays "bob" the other "sales" depending on who your sending the mail from. Thanks in advance for any help ross malyon <ross.malyon@selectec...co.uk> wrote: > If you have 1 user who is bob@company.com and sales@company.com and > he can reply from both addresses from the same outlook account (as > both go to the same ...

thread question #3
I have a dialog form that sends several graphics files to a barcode printer. Now I wrote a function using WriteFile and it works fine, but if I minmize the dialog, it no longer works and the application locks up when I bring it back up again. Is there a way to prevent this? I think I might need to create a thread, but I have never done this before or is there an easier way to do this? Roger To intelligently answer your question you have to provide more details. As an alternative one would have to debug application to see what is going on. There are gazillion of reasons to cause th...

Receipt printing question
Is there any way to print 2 receipt for particular items. I have many items that we sell that have manufacture rebates and would like a second receipt to print for these particular items only. ...

Bank Reconcilation Question
We had some voids that got hung up in payroll. It Generated over 7000 records. I removed them from UPR30100 and from CM20100 and CM20200. When they run a Bank Reconcilation Edit List the amount is way out of Wack. How do I rebuild the totals for this report? Thanks Rick P. Run Check Links in GL CM Tables. this may help rebuild the missing records in the system. Make sure you have a dependable backup before running it. Regards, ems "Rick Phillips" wrote: > We had some voids that got hung up in payroll. It Generated over 7000 > records. I removed them from...