Recover a formated hard drive

Hello All

Does anyone here know of a good program to recover a hard drive that has been formated by
accident but not used again.

Lee

0
spock
11/13/2009 8:45:26 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Spock:
    Diskeeper Undelete may help you.
http://www.diskeeper.com/diskeeper/home/purchase.aspx#UD Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
"spock" <vk5abcnospam@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> Does anyone here know of a good program to recover a hard drive that has
> been formated by accident but not used again.
>
> Lee

> signature database 4605 (20091113) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4605 (20091113) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Dennis
11/13/2009 9:10:57 PM
I have used R-Studio several times over the past few years and I was
pleased with the results: http://www.data-recovery-software.net/

spock wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Does anyone here know of a good program to recover a hard drive that has been formated by
> accident but not used again.
>
> Lee

0
Bobby
11/13/2009 10:00:59 PM
http://www.piriform.com/recuva/features

"spock" <vk5abcnospam@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> Does anyone here know of a good program to recover a hard drive that has
> been formated by accident but not used again.
>
> Lee

0
John

Conditional format #12
Hi. I am trying to set a conditional format. If NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY())> 3 I would like the cell to format with red shading. How do is set the formula in the condtional statement? I tried ="NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY())>3" , but this doesn't seem to work. Thanks, Mike. Hi Mike! It doesn't work because the NETWORKDAYS function is in another workbook (the Analysis ToolPak add-in). You can use a workaround by putting your condition in a separate cell (eg B1) and then referring to that cell: B1 =NETWORKDAYS(A1,TODAY()) Then your conditional format for A1 becomes:...

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

Magical M:\ drive
Hi all, Maybe you can help me with this one? I have published the 'm:\' drive via FTP, so one of my linux boxes can pull mails for spamassassin learning by retreiving mails via FTP from a public folder. The FTP access is locked down via IP. The linux box (with interactive mode off!) mget's * then mdele's *, however, the mails 'stick' in the public folder for extended periods - which is rather annoying!! Does anyone know why this happens? Is there are configurable 'synch' interval between the m:\ drive and the actual exchange db? Any tips appreciated! Stuar...

formating color
hi i have a formating question. i have cells with number choices i them. for example the cell looks like this. 100, 105, 123, 041, 514, 455 now i want to go back and select one of these. i wanted to highligh the one that was chosen. but it will not let me. is there a way i ca do this? it will only allow me to highlight the entire cell, not jus parts of it. thank you in advanc -- RAPPE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RAPPEL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

How can I customize the Filter Drop down on the formatting toolbar
I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I have created. Can i do that? Project > Filter by > More Filters, then select each one, Edit, and remove the checkbox for Show in Menu. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I > have created. Can i do that? > I've tried that - it doesn't affect that drop down filter list - whether they are checked or not. "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Project > Filter by > Mo...

Formatting
I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with the size. Any input? Patty wrote: > I received a pub doc from a third party. It was formatted as a 11x16 size. > Once I decreased it to 8.5x11 and view the doc under 'print preview' the > entirety of the image did not view. Basically, the image didn't shrink with > the size. Any input? Publisher doesn't resize the contents o...

Formatting multiple object types in output from a function?
I'm stumped on this one, and have searched and searched for a solution or how-to with no luck. Perhaps it just can't be done. I have a function that may or may not return objects of multiple types. I've setup the type and formatting information for each of the individual types in format.ps1xml files, and when only 1 type is returned by the function the formatting works as I would expect. However, if two or more types are returned by the function, only the formatting for the first object type is applied and then the other types are displayed however PoSH deems ap...

Conditional Format #20
I see that I can only use 3 conditional formats. I need a few more than 3 is there any way to do this. Kevin Try this free add-in on Bob Phillips' website: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html Another possibility (albeit limited) is to combine your conditional formats with custom formatting. See J.E. McGimpsey's site for an example: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I see that I can only use 3 conditional formats. I need a few more than 3 is >there any way to do this. > >Kev...

Send Report to Hard Drive
Hi, I need your help. I create a report with picture and send it to HTML. I open the report like "report1.html" but I got the detailed information without a picture in it. I'm wondering .... Is there a possible way to send a report to become "report1.jpg"? I know if I send the report using Access Snapviewer and it works. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks Everyone please note that Aaron Kem.pf is attempting to impersonate one of our regular posters again. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBui...

hwo to recover personal folders and contact list??
I had office 2003 running on my C: drive and I had a major system crash so I backed up the entire C: drive to D: .. then I formatted and reinstalled windows XP pro and office 2003. can someone tell me where on the D: drive I woudld find the contact list and all my folders from outlook 2003 that I had running before? THanks.. Hi Dave, please look here, which datas are important for outlook http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#18 If you search for the relevant files you could import them into your new Outlook! -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Brave...

Conditional formatting / blank cells
Hello, I need help with a Conditional Format. This is my worksheet. Row 4 A B C D E F G H I $200 $210 I want a conditional format in G4 that states if G4 is greater than or equal to F4 the fill colour is green. If G4 is less than F4, the fill colour is red. If G4 is blank, the fill colour is white. I've tried numerous combinations, but cannot seem to get this to work. Thanks torkattack. Test for the blank first. -- David Biddulph "torkattack" <torkattack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added
Hi, One of our users sent me an Excel file of 6 MiB. It has 7 worksheets. Most of them have <100 rows and AH columns, one sheet has 13160 rows and AH columns. The large sheet has autofilter enabled, but no actual filtering is done. (yet) 4 columns have validation: they allow a list of values specified in a range somewhere else in the sheet. There is also conditional formatting. It takes >30 seconds to calculate the sheet, however there are no real calculations, just a few concatenated string. My first impression is that this is yet another example of Excel (ab)used as a database. The p...

PDF format pagination
I have several reports utilizing Landscape layout. I followed the Report Writers Guide from the SDK with the Width at 11 and Height 8.25 or smaller. However, when I export it to the PDF format, the layout shows up Portrait. How could I change this? The export is fine in Excel with the correct margin setup. Thanks. ...

CSV, Milliseconds default formatting of mm:ss.0
When I generate some CSV files I need to include milliseconds. When anyone opens the file in Excel (in my case part of Office 2003, SP2) the datetimes appear with a default formatting of mm:ss.0. This is frustrating and appears unprofessional on my part when clients open the file. They assume I have made some sort of mistake. I have already thought of generating using =DATE(blah)+TIME(blah)+millis/(24*60*60*1000) but I don't like the idea. How can I change the default format so that it would be something more sensible and my clients and I could avoid the drudgery of clicking on the...

Conditional formatting formula with multiple criteria
Hi all, Have been puzzling over this for a while now, and can't get it right! Using conditional formatting, I want to: If any of the cells in Column B are blank, and the cells in Column C are blank, and the date in Column D is less than todays date - 3 days, turn the cell bold and red Can someone please help? I have tried all different variations and just can't get it! Thanks, Kirstie Kirstie Your questions sound like you wish to pick up whether there is a blank ANYWHERE in column B AND (not or) ALL cells in column C are blank AND that the date in a single cell in colum...

Export to comma-delimited format doesn't seem to work
I apologize for the elementary question. I have an Excel spreadsheet which is simply a list of email addresses. I want to export them to a format allowing me to paste them into the "To" field of an email. (In case you're concerned, this is not unsolicited bulk commercial email). I've been able to export them to a .csv format, but it doesn't seem to have the commas, which confuses me and my email software. Any help will be much appreciated. -- Patty Ayers | www.WebDevBiz.com Free Articles on the Business of Web Development Web Design Contract, Estimate Request Form...

Formating, paragraph marks, boxes etc, how do I get rid of them?
One day I opened up excel and it had all these marks for formating in my form. This also happened in word. How do I get rid of them? Josh: In Word, paragraph marks can be turned on/off by clicking the paragraph icon (looks like a capital P but with two, vertical strokes instead of one). I just finished wandering through Excel 2000 looking for the same icon and the only mention of the paragraph mark is related to object linking and embedding. I've also done a lot of forms in Excel and don't remember ever running into paragraph marks. Are you using OLE in the spreadsheet...

Conditional Formatting
I am using the below to auto change color if it meets the condition... =IF(F26>=0,IF(OR((F26)<=2,(F26)>=-1),"GREEN", IF(AND((F26)<=2.5,(F26)<=-1.5),"AMBER","RED")), IF(AND((F26)>=2,(F26)<=-1),"GREEN", IF(AND((F26)>=2.5,(F26)>=-1.5),"AMBER","RED"))) Any help is appreciated. -- J~ In 2003, when you set up a conditional format, you can choose one color for the condition. If you want to do something like what you are showing, you're going to need to use a Worksheet_Change event and code something ...

conditional format of data tables in charts
I've created a chart that is based on a data set where the cells have conditional formatting (if value a > value b then colour the cell red) I have the data table displayed with the chart (in chart options, 'show data table' is ticked), but the condtional formatting is not displayed in this table, i.e cells that are red in my original data set are not coloured in the chart table. Is there any way to apply the conditional format on the table displayed within the chart? Cheers Dan. Daniel, Unfortunately you can't apply conditional formating to data tables. However, yo...

Formatting the Date in Excel
Is there any way in Excel that I can format the Date so I don't have to type any slashes between the month and day? In other words, I would like to be able to type in 0714 press "enter" and have excel recognize that this is 07/14/2005 without typing in 07/14. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Short of writing code, you could enter your numerics only date in cell A1, for instance: 07142005. Then in B1 write a formula: =mid(A1,1,2)&"/"&mid(A1,3,2)&"/"&left(A1,4) Then you could copy column B and paste as values into their req...

Hpw can I use the same label format?
I created a label to print some selected records from Access with the Filter option. Next time, if I want to print different records from the same Access file. How can I use the same label created, instead of recreating the same label format everytime I want to print other records? Instead of including the filter in the label report, leave the report unfiltered so that by default it would print all labels. You can then restrict which labels are printed at runtime in various of ways: 1. Change the report's RecordSource to a query with one or more parameters which prompt yo...

Conditional Formatting In a Datasheet Form
Hi All, I am trying to “Condition Format” a column on my form so it will highlight the individual cell if another cell in the same column has the same value. The form is in Datasheet view and it can not be changed from that due to the way I built the database. I have tried to build the condition format like so, Condition1 “Field Value Is” “equal to” [Column Name] and all it dose is it highlight the cell in the column when I input a record into it, regardless if it is a duplicate or not. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thank you for your time, Cage On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:34:06 -...

Item-Level Recover for Public Folders
Hi, i'm testing Exchange 2010 with SC DPM 2010 RC. For item-level restoring MS DPM suggest to use Recovery Database in Exchange 2010. It's works fine with Mailbox Databases. In Exchange we have limit to one Public Folder Mailbox Database. After backup is restoring to Recovery Database, it can not be mounted. If dismount Public Folder Database, Recovery Database bring mounted. Anybody have ideas to implement item-level restore for Exchange Public Folders? If you want to recover an item from a database to another database it is must that both of them need to ...

Recover dbt file
Dear All, I'm using outlook express 6 . I've accidently deleted the sent items.dbx file and what i have now is a sentitems.dbt file is there any way to recover from it the dbx file Regards, A.El Gazzar Try posting this in an Outlook Express group - this group supports Outlook from Microsoft Office. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. You can also try http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com for some good OE troubleshooting tips. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name her...

Formatting help
I have an existing spreadsheet that I want to enter a date in a cell. I formatted the cell for dates. When I enter e.g. 1/26, the result is 01/00/00 and at the top it shows =1/26. It appears that no matter which cell I use when I enter the date as stated it does a calculation rather than give a date. How do I stop the cells from doing a calculation and just give me the date? You have to enter the date in a format that Excel will recognize, or pre-format the entry cells as text. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an existing spreadsheet that I want to ente...