Re: office

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:53:40 -0400, Bobby Johnson
<rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>On 2010-06-13 16:23, SMJD wrote:
>> i have numerous video clips,how do i transfer just the list of file names ,
>> not the contents to create a printable text list file.
>>
>> thank you in advance
>>
>> I  have office 2007 student
>
>Open a Command prompt.
>Go to (e.g.: cd \Videos) the directory/folder with the video clips.
>Type 'dir > videos.txt'
>The DIR output will create a file named videos.txt
>
>This an "ancient" method left over from the MS-DOS days.

If you have a decent editor, you can also run DOS commands inside it,
so you don't need to do funky things like redirection.
I use Ultra Edit Studio for HTML editing, and it can execute DOS-commands
by pressing F9. So the output of a DIR-command, appears straight in the
program. It's much easier to edit the text in UE Studio, as it has better
Search and Replace than MS-Word.

jud
0
Jud
6/13/2010 9:33:52 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Cannot Load exisitng copy of Office XP?
I have recently purchase a new emachine laptop and tried unsuccessfully to load my existing copy of Office XP? It wont get past the product key? Any suggestions. I did call the computer company and they suggested it was a liscening conflict and gave me a number that is no longer in service! There does not seem to be anywhere on the microsoft site that offers suggestions on this problem. Thanks officeuser wrote: > I have recently purchase a new emachine laptop and tried > unsuccessfully to load my existing copy of Office XP? It > wont get past the product key? Any suggestions. I did &...

from IP-to-Country Database to Office 2004
A friend in CA told me to download IP-to-Country Database; but after downloading, I could not open it on my OSX Imac because of what Apple Tech Support said was a non-supportable csv file. But, the Apple gal added, that possibly Microsoft Entourage might solve the problem, but she was not sure. So I downloaded Office 2004 11.3.5 and 11.3.6 update; but found none of these major downloads opened either. And when I tried to open Office from Application, I got an exclamation message indicating: The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See ...

Can't launch Office X 10.1.4 Updater
Updated Office X to 10.1.3 and just tried to launch the Office X 10.1.4 Updater by double-clicking on it and got this message: Application Launch Failure The application "InstallerVISE" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "C<BaseInstallerCarbon><BaseInstallerCarbon><CarbonLib><GetSysNont>" Any idea how I fix this? Reinstall Office and then the cycle through the updates? G4 450MP, OS X 10.2.6, Office X 10.1.3. TIA On 9/5/03 9:41 AM, in article e068ce62.0309041641.168cea9e@posting.google.com, "balatwo" <baltwo@san...

digital certificates in Word Office 2008 for Mac
Dear Sir: My question is about digital certificates in Office 2008 for Mac. Is possible sign a Office for Mac document whit a digital certificate ? Digitally signing a document has many benefits. A digital signature on a file is an electronic, cryptographic-based, secure stamp of authentication. When you add a digital signature to a document, you are supplying a verifiable signature that can vouch for the authenticity and integrity of the file. The certificate used to create this signature identifies the signer. Readers of your document can be assured of the document creator's iden...

Re: How do i simply type a letter and then print it
Please explain what you mean. Surely the contents of the letter are what you have just typed on the keyboard. What else is there that you don't want to print? If you mean all the non-printing characters that show you what you are doing, then they don't print. Use Print Preview to see. If that's not it, please explain. For a further explanation, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Jesse York" <jessyork84@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <579416efa6ce4576af1724846ff49c...

Preparing to Erase and Reinstal OSX, concerned about reinstalling Office X
I am backing up files in preparation for an erase and reinstall of OSX, and I realized that Office only lets you instal it so many times. This is the second computer I have used it one, so if I instal it again in a few days, I will be unable to put it on my next computer which I plan on buying in a month or so. How can I get around this? I mean, I bought it for like $150, and basically I will be unable to use it after this. That seems pretty dumb... Anyone get what I'm talking about? Any solutions? Thanks, Sean In article <1106966503.102700.86140@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...

Bullet Indent Office 2007 from Office 2003
Had a document saved on a flash drive in 2003 (XP).Trying to add to this but now running Windows 7 and Office 2007, however, when I use a bullet point, it is at a different position to the previous bullets.Even clikcing on 'reduce indent' it moves closer to the postion, but still not aligned properly. Is there any way of correcting this or can I change the whole document? ...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac
Can I simply delete my old copy of Office X by dragging its folder in the Applications directory to the trash after installing the new 2008 version? Any other files elsewhere that need to be trashed? On Jan 20, 9:41 am, curtp...@officeformac.com wrote: > Can I simply delete my old copy of Office X by dragging its folder in the Applications directory to the trash after installing the new 2008 version? Any other files elsewhere that need to be trashed? Have you already installed Office 2008? It should find Office X and offer to remove it for you. Otherwise for the most part, you should be...

[Fwd: Re: The End Is Near]
FYI Gordon wrote: > > > but I posted THREE responses to the same post > with a website containing a solution to a question on whether it was > possible to install an Upgrade version of Windows 7 without a qualifying > version of Windows being present and ALL THREE were deleted arbitrarily by a > certain "MVP" "Moderator".... You ain't seen nothing yet boy. Carey Frisch [Microsoft Valuable Pig] is in charge and unless you lick his ass regularly (not that you are not licking now but you have to do it more and better), your p...

Remote Desktop in Microsoft Office 2004 folder
I work at a community college in Canada. I teach Graphic Design and use a Apple G4 Laptop running OS X 10.4. While I was looking through some folders recently I noticed a folder called "Remote Desktop" buried in the Microsoft Office 2004 folder. Has anyone ever seen this folder when they installed Office unto their system? I checked it out on the web and it seems Remote Desktop is made by Apple as a way to manage computers linked on a server. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. College Professor wrote: > I work at a community college in Canada. I teach Graphic Design ...

Purchase Order based on Re-Order Level not working
Anyone know how to make Purcahse Order work if I set the Restock Level and Reorder Point both to 1? Actually, I tried different numbers and the PO just doesn't get generated for some reason. Is there a setting I am forgetting? Restock Level is not the number to buy, it is the quantity you want your inventory to be AFTER the purchase. If you have Reorder Point = 1 and Restock Level = 1, the system does not need to order the item to get to it's restock level. When the quantity on hand drops to zero, the item should be added for a quantity of one. If you want to order 1 unit whe...

Re: about the size limitation on the frame
Thanks for Scott's helps. I have done them according to your way.Maybe I don't let you know what I mean. User draging the splitted arrow,and the window size is changing,I forbid user continue to drag after get to size limitation. Regards, Miken > Miken wrote: > > > I use vc6 with sp5 to create a Doc/View project . > > I split the window into two parts.I don't let user to drag the window to > > small without limit. > > How do I set the minimal size about the main window,left pane and right > > pane? > > Thanks. > > CSplitterWnd ha...

How can I check my office e-mail from home?
I need to be able to check my work (Outlook) e-mail once I get home. I am on MSN. How do I set this up? HELP!!!! This would be a question for your IT department. -Peter "youth minister" <youth minister@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FD1D090-B3D7-45E1-A0BB-5F828592F8FB@microsoft.com... >I need to be able to check my work (Outlook) e-mail once I get home. > I am on MSN. How do I set this up? HELP!!!! ...

Re: Launching Internet Explorer from my MFC App
Hi All Would anyone out there know how to launch Internet Explorer with a specific URL from an MFC App. I would like to have a menu item that when selected launches Internet Explorer. Thanks in advance Hi, You can use ShellExecute(Ex) passing the url as the file, this will automatically start the associated application which is in the case of a url would be your default browser. ShellExecute(handle, NULL, "http://www.google.com", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); Hope this helps Chris Taylor "LarryM" <larryman.nospam@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:XDKcb.12...

Office 2010 beta question
I heard that the new word has a conversion from PDF to Word is this true? Not true. Word to PDF, yes. PDF to Word, no, unless you count copy/paste, which is imperfect, at best. Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007 Bible Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "redbobo" <redbobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B424063-492A-40E0-99FC-ADE1BDE760F7@microsoft.com... > I heard that the new word has a conversion from PDF to Word is this true? redbobo;614764 Wrote: > I heard that the new word has a c...

office 2003 conflict?
Hey all Our company is currently running exchange 5.5 and recently we started having problems with the Internet Mail and the Information Store services periodically stopping (okay, it's more than periodically). This seems to have started happening once we began to install Office 2003 on all new machines for new users, may be a coincidence, maybe not I noticed an article on CNET about Office 2003 causing problems, but couldn't really find anything on the Microsoft website. Does anybody have any ideas or ways to possibly fix this Thanks in advance! Hi Gary, Maybe this article apply...

Office programs not saving files intermittently
I just upgraded to Office 2007 a few months ago, and since then have noticed that any changes I make to existing files aren't saved properly. Specifically - at random times after making changes and saving, the program shows the file is saved but when I open the file it has the previous time stamp and none of the recent updates. This happened yesterday in ppt, but it has happened in Word and Excel too. This happens maybe 10% of the time, but I can't possibly check my hard drive every time to make sure my changes save as I work in multiple files at a time constantly. No...

Re: out of office assistant
Unable to activate out of office assistant in outlook 2002. in spite of selecting the add- in functionality it does not appear on the tools menu. Also unable to activate the blind copy field as a default pop up on every email. ...

Upgrading to Leopard, but saving Office 2008 that's already on my disc?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hi, I was fortunate enough to get Office 2008 for around only 20 bucks from my University but the way they did it was they only had one install CD and many licenses (I think)so I did not actually get my own CD. I now want to upgrade to Leopard but want to do a full clean and sweep of my disc before loading the new version of OS X instead of just doing an Upgrade (or that other option: Archive?) just so I don't mess up my system stability. Is it possible to just drag the application folder for Office onto an external an...

I lost the key numbers to my Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business
I lost the disk cover that the Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business program disk that contained the key numbers needed to open the program. Is there any way of retrieving the numbers or openning the program without the key numbers. I have the program on the computer but unable to open it On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:12:03 +0100, mike wrote (in article <CA51CD7F-0F06-4E66-9DA8-7706546C6F2A@microsoft.com>): > I lost the disk cover that the Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business program > disk that contained the key numbers needed to open the program. Did you? That was bloody ...

how to re-install an exchange 2003 server instance...
I'm trying to recover the unique exchange server in my customer's organisation. there is no backup of the data ( !!! ) there are 3 Domain controller in my organisation, the FMSO in an healty server. i've re-installed the crashed server usint the same server-name of the crashed one. have promoted the server as Domain Contoller ( the crashed one was too ) . now i'm trying to re-install exchange 2003 server but if I perform forestprep of if I install exchange 2003 i get stopped by this error message: To install first exchange server in a domain or to run setup /forestprep mo...

excel worksheet re-nameing
I have an excel spreadsheet, the worksheets are named in date order by day (3 months) I want to be able to change the first 1 and have all the others change to the subsequent dates, is this possible You will need a macro to do this. What is the exact date format tha you are using for each of the sheet names? Post back with the exac name of the first few sheets exactly as they appear on the workboo tabs. Rolli -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here is a sample macro that uses the following format for each of th tab names *Jan 1, 2004*. Change the name of the first sheet ...

how to avoid office opening, when I start computer
When I start my computer, Outlook starts automatically. How can I avoid it? Thanks. Take the shortcut out of your startup folder. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "GUNDI" <GUNDI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:895F171E-7D32-4A70-85E2-38F99C1233D2@microsoft.com... | When I start my computer, Outlook starts automatically. How can I avoid it? | Thanks. ...

Out of Office for outside
Hello, I just installed Exchange 2007 SP1 on my organization. I have Outlook 2003/2007 connected to Exchange server . I try to set up "Out of Office" auto reply feature on outlook. Its Works fine for "Inside my Organization" users but doesn't work for anybody for "Outside my Organization." Users getting mails from outside but Auto reply doesn't starts. Is there anything may be wrong in my Exchange setting I have looked at? Thank you in advance, Alex Get-RemoteDomain -Identity "*" | Format-List AllowedOOFType If it's...

Re-use existing browser when clicking on hyperlink contained in email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C58BB3.7A252A30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What settings are needed in Outlook to cause a page to be displayed in = an existing browser when a hyperlink contained in an email is clicked ? ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C58BB3.7A252A30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META htt...