Re: DVD movies from a computer to a TV for viewing?

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 03:56:19 -0700, Carlos <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Artreid,
>Modern LCD TVs have plenty of video input options.
>These are the options, from best to worst:
>HDMI
>VGA
>Component (3 video signals)

[insert] RGB [/insert]

>Super Video (SVideo)

Sometimes wrongly called SVHS Video.

>Video

Sometimes called "composite".

>Check your graphic card user manual or just look at the back of it and
>you'll see the different available connectors.
>The DVI connector can output HDMI and VGA, depending on the adapter you plug
>in there. Those adapters are quite cheap and usually come inside your graphic
>adapter carton box.

Also, quite often videocards have breakout cables for different signals. My
ancient Nvdia 8500 has a break-out cable for component and I think also
composite and S-Video.

jud
0
Jud
7/29/2010 3:58:25 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jud,
The Component output (3 RCA connectors) is not quite RGB.
It is composed of:
Y (luminance, i.e. Black and White)
CB (blue minus luminance)
CR (red minus luminance)

The electronics inside the TV set rebuilds RGB from those 3 signals.

And you are right, people tend to improperly refer Super Video as Super VHS.
Supervideo carries two signals:
Y (luminance)
C (color or crominance)

Cheap adapters convert the two supervideo Y and C signals to a single video
(composite) signal by connectig a 1 nanoF capacitor from crominance to
luminance.
The single output is then taken from luminance.

Video delivered by graphic cards is not quite composite also because it
carries only video and not video+audio like the composite signal does.

Carlos

"Jud Hendrix" wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 03:56:19 -0700, Carlos <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Artreid,
> >Modern LCD TVs have plenty of video input options.
> >These are the options, from best to worst:
> >HDMI
> >VGA
> >Component (3 video signals)
>
> [insert] RGB [/insert]
>
> >Super Video (SVideo)
>
> Sometimes wrongly called SVHS Video.
>
> >Video
>
> Sometimes called "composite".
>
> >Check your graphic card user manual or just look at the back of it and
> >you'll see the different available connectors.
> >The DVI connector can output HDMI and VGA, depending on the adapter you plug
> >in there. Those adapters are quite cheap and usually come inside your graphic
> >adapter carton box.
>
> Also, quite often videocards have breakout cables for different signals. My
> ancient Nvdia 8500 has a break-out cable for component and I think also
> composite and S-Video.
>
> jud
> .

Re: Massive "FIND" or " Compare cells " then , Delete....
Hello All, lets say I have in Column A, Dan, John, Bill, Angela, Fred ...many entries of the same names.... In Column B, I have Nancy, Dan, Steve, I want to delete all of the "Dans" in both columns ... Can I do something like: =compare( A1:B20 ) , delete,*.*)) I tried Subsitute, FIND, REPLACE.... Help! I am Confused!!!! :) Select A1:B100 (assuming that is your range), do Edit / Replace, replacing Dan with nothing, then with the range still selected do Edit / Go To / Special / Blanks, then Edit / Delete / Shift Cells UP. This assumes you want ...

how i can get tree view in view window
hi How we can get tree view in view window.I want to get treeview in view window not in dialog. Arbind Arbind wrote: > > hi > > How we can get tree view in view window.I want to get treeview in > view window not in dialog. > > Arbind CFormView is a view window that can contain a dialog template with many controls. CTreeView is a view window filled with a tree control. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

No pst file on computer
Hello, I purchased Office 2007 standard. I install the product no problem. everything works except outlook. When starting outlook for set up it tells me can't find .pst file. I have no outlook pst file on my computer at all. It then lets me try to find it, but it is not on machine. I uninstalled Office then tried to reinstall it but I still have the same problem. Any thoughts or help ? Thanks, Jay Did you have Outlook on the computer before if yes which version was it? The Office 2007 Standard that you are trying to install is it a Retail or an Upgrade version -- ...

OL2000 detail view
how do you get the Properties on an email message in OL2000? In OL Express all you have to do is open the message and File/Properties and use the detail tab,, in OL2000 there is only a General tab. what am I missing? TIA, Joe To get the Header information rightclick the message in the message list and choose Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joe" <none@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23uF%23ZaCwEHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP10.ph...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

Upgrade to New Computer
I'm having problems moving my money file from my old computer to the new one. The old one has Money 2001, and the new is Money 2004. When I try to transfer over the network either the data file or backup, I keep getting the error message saying this file is write protected. Does anyone know how to get around this? Have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;76343 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishe...

keeping two computers updated with one money file
I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I am on the road. What I would like to do is be able to keep my money file syncronized between my two computers. Money offers nothing that will help with this. There is no good way to do this short of something like WinXP Synchronization Manager. I can't say as I've tried it or read here of someone who has. Is that an answer to the question you never asked? "JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95B9AF2E-EBD5-4D09-826A-1430BF6C035E@microsoft.com... >I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I am on ...

New computer...Activating Outlook 2003
I just purchased a new computer. It came with Outlook 2003 trial on it. I have Outlook 2003 on my old computer so I chose the option to not activate the trial but to use the Product ID of a purchased copy. I did and it says it is an invalid product key. What? It worked just fine when I installed it on my old computer. Why is it not taking the product key? Do I need to unstall the Outlook 2003 on the new computer and re-install it from my cd? Thanks! Goto Add/remove programs and check if you have Office trial version installed if so then uninstall and that should take care of the problem. V...

Using Office 2004 and Office 2008 on the Same Computer
Hello all, Is it possible to install say Word 2004 and Excel 2004 and Entourage 2008 and Powerpoint 2008 on the same computer? Alternatively, can I buy a Apple Script recorder so that I can easily create Apple Macros? Then I wouldn't care if I had Word and Excel 2004... Regards to all! JP On 4/30/08 10:57 AM, in article 3f85aac8-1b31-44b6-9fd9-9f383cae765d@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "jpensuisse@gmail.com" <jpensuisse@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, > > Is it possible to install say Word 2004 and Excel 2004 and Entourage > 2008 and Powerpoint 2008 on th...

TERMINAL SERVER (Re-posted)
This is a repost as I have managed to resolve the issue but I do not know why. Does anyone have any ideas? Regards Heath Hi, Well I tried pretty much everything with no sucess, from adding security to creating new users (local and domain) to giving them "super human rights" but no sucess. So in desperation we copied the documents and settings folder from the "working" user to a new domain user on the (TS profile). What do you know the login performance was amazing. So we started again this time checking bit by bit what component in the documents and settings folde...

Re: How to add public folders in favorite folders
We have an issue where our users (2000+) are screaming for an easy wa och finding the Public Folders folder in Outlook 2003. They are used to the easy way in Outlook 2000 folder list. Is there a way och adding the TOP folder (Public Folders) or maybe th subfolder (All public folders) to the Favorite Folders pane? We know about adding the subsequent folders to Shortcuts and the addin the shortcut to Favotite Folders, but is there a registry hack to mak this possible? We need to deploy this on 2000+ computers. Sincerely Mikael Sk�ld Systems Administrator Exchange Lantm�teriet - National La...

Portfolio view #4
Has anyone had this issue and resolved it? I trade a lot of options as well as stock an mutual funds. The issue is that in portfolio view after a money update has been done manually or automatically several options positions disappear from portfolio and money's price history tracker. I then have to go into the investment transactions list for one of my accounts that I traded the position in and copy the name from "investment" field of the transaction form for one of the trades then go back to portfolio manager and right click on one of my transaction then select record ...

viewing another users calendar
Hi All, When attempting to view one certain users calendar the message "unable to display the folder. the calendar folder could not be found" is displayed, this is also the same for the inbox etc. This is only happening for one user. All other users can view this calendar and i can view all other users calendars. Does any one have any suggestions? ...

How to compute Over short amount that shows in the z report
Hello, can anyone tell me how the over short amount in the z report is calculated? I am looking for the exact tables and its fieldnames for this computation. -- Thanks in advance, HNLuhar Hello HNLuhar....I copied and pasted this from the batch list report.....it reads the batch table to calculate "over/short"- hope this helps..... PaidOut + Dropped + LayawayClosed + PaidOnAccount + CustomerDepositRedeemed + ClosingTotal) - (OpeningTotal + Sales + Returns + Tax + Shipping + LayawayPaid + PaidToAccount + CustomerDepositMade + DebitSurcharge + CashBackSurcharge "HNLuhar...

Re: Finalizing the concurrent processing of current accounts with new Windows Live accounts.
Glad to see you're sticking with me. :-) Well, I'll be darned, apparently I was worried about nothing! Thanks to your info, I sent a test message to my Live account, and I got it! Now I'll set up a rule for each account to send everything to the (old) corresponding folder, and I'm up and running. *** Um-m-m, not yet. I sent an email to the Live account and my rule said for that account it should move it to the old corresponding folder, but it didn't get moved. It simply landed in the Inbox folder for the Live account. So I did the Run Rules Now optio...

Current Views........Help Please!!!!!
I have one guy that keeps loosing columns in his inbox (ie. subject\received columns). I know he isn't going through the proper way of changing views and editing these features. (ie right clicking and customizing current views). Is anyone aware of any key strokes or something else that he might be doing to removed these columns. HELP PLEASE! ...

View Additional Mailboxes Off-line
A user's Outlook profile has been configured to "Open these additional mailboxes." She is able to access the additional mailboxes while online. She does a "send / receive" to synchronize her mail and then goes off-line. When off-line, she can view only her primary mailbox. She cannot access the additional mailboxes. Her OST only includes her primary mailbox. She is using Outlook 2003, Exchange Server 2003. Outlook is using "cached" mode to connect to the Exchange server. Is this working as designed? Is there a way to view additional mailboxes off-line (wi...

Updating task list in calendar view
I have just recently begun using Outlook, so please forgive the newbie question. Whenever I get a daily calendar view with the task pane on the right, the task list includes all tasks, current and future. I can configure the Outlook Today window to just current tasks and I know that there has to be a way to do the same thing with the calendar view. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Charles right click on the task list and change the view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual...

Q: Viewing PDF in an MFC application
Hi Can anybody tell me, or direct me to a site, which shows how to display a PDF document in a view of an MFC application? Thanks David In message <3f7abd34$0$6631$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>, David Jones <dave@ymchwil.NODAMNSPAM.com> writes >Hi > >Can anybody tell me, or direct me to a site, which shows how to display a >PDF document in a view of an MFC application? I can't, but if type PDF and DLL library into google you will most likely get some hits for vendors that sell toolkits that allow you to do just this. I looked into this about 6 months ago f...

Re: Excel 2007
Your #2 is what I am asking for. Thank you very much. Now, the same command ("Select all objects") won't work on Word 2007. Any more ideas? --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- Hi, I don't know if you are responding to the suggestion I made yeasterday, but if so 1. First try Home, Select, Select Objects and try to surround the objected by dragging around them. 2. The is a Select Multiple Objects command but you need to add its tool to ...

short cuts formular view
OS 6.1.3 Office 2008 12. Hello Folks, Is there any shortcut for to view the formulas, such as strg + '#' in excel 2007 Thanks for your help Soeren Yeah: Look in the formula bar. On 12/04/10 5:18 PM, in article hpuhfv$b4n$03$1@news.t-online.com, "Sšören Horst" <charlesmortimer@web.de> wrote: > OS 6.1.3 Office 2008 12. > > Hello Folks, > > Is there any shortcut for to view the formulas, such as strg + '#' in > excel 2007 > > Thanks for your help > > Soeren -- The email below is my bus...

Hardware Computer Recommendation
Thanks for all the help so far!! I am planning on going with a non local partner that knows what they are doing. I wanted some suggestions on the type of computer needed for the system. I was quoted a Dell Optiplex GX620. Which I loved but, if I go with that computer I can not purchase the add on software that I really want yet. I am on a strict budget and would prefer to spend the money on software instead of hardware. I have been using Quicksell 2000 on Windows XP Pro on a 5 year old computer and the processor is like 1.2 GHz. I would like to upgrade the desktop. We only hav...

Transfer Publisher 2002 from Old Computer to New
What do I have to do to transfer the Publisher 2002 Software to a new computer? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Dave Goltz <dgoltz@sbcglobal.net>... > What do I have to do to transfer the Publisher 2002 > Software to a new computer? Uninstall Publisher from the old PC Install it on the new PC Activate (you may need to use Phone Activation) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Install Publisher 2002 from the orig...

view mailbox
I want to view the contents of a users mailbox then move his subfolders under Inbox to the root. How do I do this? Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 Server As an admin, there is an explicit deny for the permissions you need. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821897/en-us "kingme" <kingme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2668D6A5-7BBB-4E3F-8668-5F8455A382D0@microsoft.com... >I want to view the contents of a users mailbox then move his subfolders >under > Inbox to the root. How do I do this? > > Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 Server Open his profil...

add 2nd baseline to tracking Gantt view
Is there a way to add Baseline1 to the Tracking Gantt View. Or if not that show both Baseline and Baseline 1 with Task's EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Custom Self-Expanding Multiselect Winforms ListBox http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d501d49c-f9fa-4156-9858-8c7b8a74319a/custom-selfexpanding-mul.aspx Hello David - Try View/More Views... and then select Multiple Baselines Gantt chart. -- If this post was helpful, please consider rating it. Jim Aksel, MVP Check out my blog for more information: http://www.msprojectblog.com "David...