Office 7: There is no email program associated to perform the requested action

Running Win 7 X64 and recently started getting the following error when
attempting to create envelopes:

When in Outlook 2007 and I click on Mailings/Envelopes/Delivery Address
Icon, I get the message "There is no email program associated to perform the
requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already
installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

When get into Default Programs Outlook 7 is not listed in the Default
Programs control panel to create an association. My email default program is
already set Windows live Mail.

I have no idea how to correct this problem with OL2007.

0
Artreid
8/13/2010 12:45:20 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I believe I replied to your identical post in IE (Answers) forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads

On Aug 13, 8:45=A0am, "Artreid" <artrei...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Running Win 7 X64 and recently started getting the following error when
> attempting to create envelopes:
>
> When in Outlook 2007 and I click on Mailings/Envelopes/Delivery Address
> Icon, I get the message "There is no email program associated to perform =
the
> requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already
> installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."
>
> When get into Default Programs Outlook 7 is not listed in the Default
> Programs control panel to create an association. My email default program=
 is
> already set Windows live Mail.
>
> I have no idea how to correct this problem with OL2007.

0
PA

developing a tracking System for office activities
We have a timeline chart which we follow in our office for keeping track of our office's chief tasks. For example, it may have in January, clear past year's bills, in February get ready for taxes and so on. The whole office staff has the same chart, but different people are responsible for the tasks(someone for taxes, someone else for paying last year's bills and so on). We need a mechanism so that we can track what activities have completed, when and by whom, what are the remaining tasks for that month and year? Can that be done with the Calendar in Outlook 2007 where we have ...

Email encoding
Hi, We have noticed that e-mail headers sent are encoded incorrectly. If I'm sending an e-mail and my name is "Firstname ������" the reply-to address will be "Firstname ������ <firstname@company.com>". If I send an e-mail to for example a gmail account the name will be completely messed up. Anyone with similar experience? Thanks, Manso The following KB article still applies for version 3.0. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=906172 Changing to ISO-8859-1 worked for us. ...

Out of Office bombing...
mixed 5.5 and 2000 environment... not all stations, but 90% are. Mix of Office XP and 2003. Says.... "Out of Office Assistant could not be displayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error." Then it gives a "System resources are critically low. Close some windows" on the Outlook 2003 machines. Not good. Just started happening. Any thoughts/ideas? Thanks, S New mail profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be...

I need 19:00
My sheet shows tool down times for a works project A1 = 19:00 (in time format) B1 = 7:00 (in time format) C1 = =B1-A1 which displays ############# How do i minus time after 00:00 0:00 If i take 19:00(B1) from 19:01(C1) it gives me the correct answer of 0:01, its just with numbers after 00:00. The WinXL default 1900 date system can't show negative times (times are stored as fractional days, so 19:00 = 0.791666667). The (Mac default) 1904 date system (Tools/Options/Calculation, check the 1904 date system checkbox) can, but the result would be -12:00 One solution would be to add 1 ...

why are the applications in Office 2008 so slow to open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Word, Excel, Power Point all take about three minutes to open a document, etc the first time for the day. Why is this and is there something I can do about it? <br><br>Thanks On 2/27/10 11:59 AM, JanetHudgins@officeformac.com wrote: > Excel, Power Point all take about three minutes to open a document, etc > the first time for the day. Why is this and is there something I can do > about it? See this link for options: http://bit.ly/dBPSB5 I see you are on a PowerPC. Since Office 2008...

Email Merges via Quick Campaign
Hi: How can I send messages using a different email address when using the Quick Campaign Feature? I have experimented several times, but can't find a solution with using another AD account when sending bulk emails. Please help. Thanks. ...

Outgoing MAPI Email
We use a software called Time Matters at our office. I'm not sure exactly how this works with Outlook, but it does. We upgraded to Exchange 2003 and now when we send emails from Time Matters, emails will not send. They will only send when Outlook is open. Example, you can send a bunch of emails from TM, then open Outlook and then you see all your emails sitting in the outbox, then the emails will start to send. Does anyone know if there is a setting in Exchange to allow a mailbox to send, without having Outlook open? On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 14:13:01 -0800, "yellow98gti" <yel...

Word text copied into email loses formatting alignment
When copying a Word document (containing indented and numbered paragraphs and bullet points into an email, the left alignment of the document loses its justification. How can this be fixed? -- HK If the formatting is important, send the document as an attachment. You have no control over how the recipient sees the email. If you are concerned that the recipient might not have Word, use one of the free pdf converters to convert the document into a .pdf file. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my s...

How do I recive Emails in outlook
I cannot receive my Emails in outlook, I use outlook 2007.I don't know why. On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:56:50 +0800, �^�� wrote: > I cannot receive my Emails in outlook, I use outlook 2007.I don't know why. You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct Outlook newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-m...

web outlook problem in IE 7
I can access and use my work e-mail remotely using Communicator or Firefox but have problems using Explorer. I can log in, see all my mail folders, even compose and send an e-mail. Problem is I can't open my inbox or any of my folders. When I click on inbox it says it is loading but nothing happens and no mail comes up.This is very frustrating as Communicator and Firefox do not work well with web outlook. Although they seem faster than Explorer font formating is limited. Please help! web outlook lover <weboutlooklover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can access and ...

Attaching an email to an email message
How does one attach a previously received/sent email to an email message one is preparing? For example: I receive from or send an email to person A. Person B emails me asking for something which I had covered in the email to A. How do I reply to B and attach the email I had already sent to A? Thanks for your help. -- Basharat Javaid. Insert->Item. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious ...

Office calendars
Can conflicting appointments in Microsoft Office Calendars be prohibited? ...

Question on Investing performance calculation
How does Money calculate the Investing performance percentage that shows up in Investing/Investment Tools in Money 2006? While the percentages for Dow Jones and S&P match the newspaper so I assume they are calculated as current price - beginning of year price divided by beginning of year price, that same calculation does not appear to be true for my own investments. I could even verify this a few days into the year, before any pruchases/expenses etc. showed up which could mask the numbers for me. Does anyone know? Thanks! ...

Invisible Meeting Requests
I am currently experiencing a problem when people send me meeting requests. Whenever someone sends me one and I accept, it gets added to my calendar but I can not see it. I know it is there as the day is highlighted in bold in the calendar (even when no other appointments are on that day) and if I try to create another appointment at the same time it says there is a conflict with another appointment. It only seems to happen with appointments that have been created through an email request. Has anyone else experienced this? Regards. Noel Is your Calendar folder filtered in any wa...

Automatic color for output of a =sum action
I am building a chart that has something like =SUM(AK1:AK38) with the results on AK39, I need to compare the results of AK39 to the number in AK40. 39 is going to be my "Actual" and I need that compared to 40 which is my "Target". I would also like for the number in 39 to be red if it is less than 40 and green if it is =>. If it can't be done... I can keep going in and changing the font color, but takes too much time. Thanks, Andy If it's a cell value, look into conditional formatting. Here are a couple links: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat0...

CC a related contact when emailing a contact
Is there a way to automatically cc a related contact when emailing a contact? I'm trying to create an Onload event for the Email form but I can't get the script right. As far as I can tell the entity is: Customer Relationship and the Party 2 schema name is: customerid. I guess from the customerid, I need to get the contact name and populate the cc field with this contact name during the onload event of the email form. Has anyone done this or something similar? ...

How do I reset Windows Mail? Multiple emails keep downloading.
I bought a windows computer with vista and Windows Mail. I set up my email and now every email is downloading over and over again each time I hit send and receive. I am on my fifth set up emails and have over 57,000 emails in my "in" box. How can I reset Windows Mail to it's original (factory) setting....meaning bringing it back to brand new. Also, how do I download emails from my server only ONCE, and then only new emails from then on? Help please! On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:41:01 -0800, Renee Wood <Renee Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I bough...

Urgent!! Exchange Server 2000 cannot received emails....
Dear all, I have a critical problem right now about Exchange 2000, hope i can get some hints here!! My company is currently running a w2K server SP4 + Exhcange 2000 SP3(with GFI Fax Maker & Trend micro Scan mail installed), it was working fine until yesterday evening!! Users told me that they can send but cannot receive email. I at once go to check it. I tried to send an email from my hotmail & yahoo mail account to my email account on that Exchange 2000 server, really, i cannot recived it! however, when i use OWA & outlook 2000 to send a testing email to my hotmail & ...

Is it just me - or are - windows 7 - media center - windows live mail
Some three months into Windows 7 X64 and just about reconciled to absence of NewsGroups via Outlook Express - when up jumps Windows Live Mail - evidently with capability to reach out and subscribe to NTTP Newsgroups. I surmise - there must also be a host of features (or at least - some) which also I have managed to overlook - which are part of the Media Center Software. Won't even mention the new look of Office 2007 (2010 you say?) where it takes a dullard like me - a few weeks to find the help tab.... But - getting there is said to be more important than the final ...

ie8 for Windows 7, 64 bit
What version of ie8 are you suppose to download? Tried vista 64 bit and received error message, wrong product version Why isn't there a download for windows 7? Win7 64-bit (like all previous 64-bit versions of Windows) includes IE8 64-bit and IE8 32-bit. IE 64-bit is the default. ActiveX Controls are not allowed in IE 64-bit so if you need to access a page dependent on ActiveX (e.g., any page with Flash content), open an instance of IE 32-bit to access the page. (No, there isn't a 64-bit version of Flash, at least not yet.) 32-bit and 64-bit Windows: frequently ...

How to remove a mailbox without user account associated?
Hi all, I got a problem when doing AD maintenance. I delete a user account in Active Directory User and Computer console, when I finish I remember that the PC I doing this on doesn't have Exchange tabs and tasks installed, which means the mailbox is not marked as deleting during user deleting. How can I remove this mailbox from information store? I've tried re-created this user with mailbox, but information store just have two mailboxes with same names now. Exchange 2000/2003 will realize that the mailbox has been disconnected from the account the next time onli...

After migrating user from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 emails have disappeared
After migrating a user from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003, many of her emails have disappeared. I remember reading somewhere that this is not an uncommon side effect of this migration. Can anyone tell me how to reverse this? Is there a setting somewhere? KingCronos <test2005@bgop.org.uk> wrote: > After migrating a user from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003, many of her > emails have disappeared. I remember reading somewhere that this is not > an uncommon side effect of this migration. Can anyone tell me how to > reverse this? Is there a setting somewhere? Migrating properly wi...

Set exchange 2003 to log bouced emails (to non existent users)?
My exchange server bounces emails sent to a non existent user at my domain. I would like to log all bounced emails, so that I can create mail forwards for some of those incorrect emails addresses. Is it possible to log those incorrect email addresses? Cheers. The easiest would be have a copy of non-delivery reports sent to an account such as yours or postmaster@yourdomain.com. You add this in the Messages tab of the Properties for the SMTP Virtual server in Exchange System Manager. William Danny F wrote: > My exchange server bounces emails sent to a non existent user at my doma...

email signature 05-16-10
copying and pasting a new email signature and picture not visible on outgoing mail but wording is ..could i have changed picture configurations by mistake? What version of Outlook are you using? What format is your outgoing message in? (Plain Text? Rich Text? HTML?) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCA40D6C-F184-4...

problems opening Office X 10.1.6 Update
I downloaded the new update - I had X 10.1.1. Upon trying to open it, after master code I get a sign "gathering information" and then an eternal beach ball. Anyone have ideas to assist? See this Apple Knowledge Base article for details: <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107704> On 10/14/04 4:24 PM, in article 678eb007.0410141324.e291a24@posting.google.com, "Fish tales" <kiva4@mindspring.com> wrote: > I downloaded the new update - I had X 10.1.1. Upon trying to open it, > after master code I get a sign "gathering information" a...