MS supplies 64 bit printer driver does not select paper tray

Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
LexMark T420 printer (Lan connected)

Win7 saw the printer and loaded a MS driver for it. I can print to the T420
but the print out always goes to tray 1 (legal). In the print preferences
panel, I select tray 2 but the physical print always comes from tray 1. I
cannot tell if the MS driver is PS or PCL.

This is my first foray into the world of 64 bit printer drivers. Any
suggestions appreciated.

--

*****************
John Lenz

0
John
5/13/2010 4:00:46 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The drivers provided by Microsoft are supplied by the manufacturer and
are almost always not full featured drivers.  To gain full functionality
you will need to check with Lexmark for a Windows 7 driver.  Some Vista
drivers function adequately when installed in Win 7, but not all do.

On 2010-05-13 12:00, John L wrote:
> Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
> LexMark T420 printer (Lan connected)
>
> Win7 saw the printer and loaded a MS driver for it. I can print to the
> T420 but the print out always goes to tray 1 (legal). In the print
> preferences panel, I select tray 2 but the physical print always comes
> from tray 1. I cannot tell if the MS driver is PS or PCL.
>
> This is my first foray into the world of 64 bit printer drivers. Any
> suggestions appreciated.
>
> --
>
> *****************
> John Lenz
> JohnLenz@comcast.net
0
Bobby
5/13/2010 4:25:39 PM
Check here:

http://support.lexmark.com/index?locale=en&productCode=LEXMARK_T420&userlocale=EN_US+&segment=DOWNLOAD&os=WINDOWS_7_X64&page=downloadsList&oslocale=en_US#1

"John L" <JohnLenz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
> LexMark T420 printer (Lan connected)
>
> Win7 saw the printer and loaded a MS driver for it. I can print to the
> T420 but the print out always goes to tray 1 (legal). In the print
> preferences panel, I select tray 2 but the physical print always comes
> from tray 1. I cannot tell if the MS driver is PS or PCL.
>
> This is my first foray into the world of 64 bit printer drivers. Any
> suggestions appreciated.
>
> --
>
> *****************
> John Lenz
> JohnLenz@comcast.net

0
Vic
5/13/2010 4:50:18 PM
I agree, Bobby. MS doesn't write printer drivers, OEMs do. And there are
often later (and better) drivers available from the OEM.

There are also settings on some printers that will override the driver,
though, so it's important to set the printer back to factory defaults.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"Bobby Johnson" <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The drivers provided by Microsoft are supplied by the manufacturer and are
> almost always not full featured drivers.  To gain full functionality you
> will need to check with Lexmark for a Windows 7 driver.  Some Vista
> drivers function adequately when installed in Win 7, but not all do.
>

> On 2010-05-13 12:00, John L wrote:
>> Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
>> LexMark T420 printer (Lan connected)
>>
>> Win7 saw the printer and loaded a MS driver for it. I can print to the
>> T420 but the print out always goes to tray 1 (legal). In the print
>> preferences panel, I select tray 2 but the physical print always comes
>> from tray 1. I cannot tell if the MS driver is PS or PCL.
>>
>> This is my first foray into the world of 64 bit printer drivers. Any
>> suggestions appreciated.
>>
>> --
>>
>> *****************
>> John Lenz
>> JohnLenz@comcast.net

0
Charlie
5/13/2010 4:51:53 PM
THX,

 Lexmark universal 64 driver worked perfectly.

--

*****************
John Lenz

"Vic Baron" <vgbaron@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Check here:
>
> http://support.lexmark.com/index?locale=en&productCode=LEXMARK_T420&userlocale=EN_US+&segment=DOWNLOAD&os=WINDOWS_7_X64&page=downloadsList&oslocale=en_US#1
>

> "John L" <JohnLenz@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
>> LexMark T420 printer (Lan connected)
>>
>> Win7 saw the printer and loaded a MS driver for it. I can print to the
>> T420 but the print out always goes to tray 1 (legal). In the print
>> preferences panel, I select tray 2 but the physical print always comes
>> from tray 1. I cannot tell if the MS driver is PS or PCL.
>>
>> This is my first foray into the world of 64 bit printer drivers. Any
>> suggestions appreciated.
>>
>> --
>>
>> *****************
>> John Lenz
>> JohnLenz@comcast.net

0
John

How do I selectively delete cookies in ie8.
Delete your cookies, is often a response from a website where there is a problem. Well, actually I don't want to delete all the cookies, because they have a use, only the ones relating to the problem website. I think in previous versions there has been a cookies folder but with ie8 and vista where are the cookies stored and how can I selectively delete them? Paul IE Options>Browser History>settings>view files puts you in Explorer at the cookies location. Frank "pg123" <pg123@bl.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23XvMFBmeKHA.1596@TK2MSFTN...

A Drop down menu that eliminates selections
Hello, I've been reading lots of posts and groups. And I can't find one describing how to do what i want. I have a list of options. Apple, orange, grapes. And i want to place one item in each cell in a column. I also want to eliminate the option as they are placed so that once orange is placed in a square, it cannot be placed in the next square. A person wrote about doing this on accident by a data validation source that was "=F41-F45" and this eliminated options as they were selected. I tried this, but when i go to say "ok" on the data validation box, it ...

Selecting range with loop in VBasic
I have a list of 10,000 lines of data starting from row 2 in Excel 2007. I would like to select a range of cells from each line individually (columns C through L) for each of the 10k lines and sort horizontally. I am trying to use a do loop to do this, but I cannot set the range correctly with a variable (say c) to create a dynamic range. Here is a simplified view of what I have: c = 2 Do While c < 15000 Range("C2:L2").Select c = c +1 Loop What syntax do I use in the Range.Select argument using the c variable to move down a line each time I...

how to combine multiple files in ms excel
how to combine 2 files become another single file. example:file 1: ........A........B....... name address combine with file 2: ............A...........B...............C name address phone so, will become: file 3: ...........A............B.............C name address phone Hi (similar to a question yesterday) if file 1 contains ALL of the names as file 2 (and some extra) and file 2 has no additional names then, in file 1 in column C use the formula of =VLOOKUP(B2,sheet2!$B$2:$C$1000,2,0) this says, match up the...

Selecting All Contacts
I want to select all contacts to reply to an Out-of-Office message in Outlook. I certainly don't want to reply to spam nor listserve groups. I recently tried to create an exception to a rule, by selecting all of my contacts by hand. That created a too-large file and I had to undo it. So how do I tell Outlook to select whomever is currently in my contacts, either for an OOO message, or for a rules wizard exception? What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no a...

The SELECT permission was denied on the object
Hi I am trying to run the reports from crm 4.0 as a user and I get the error"The SELECT permission was denied on the object " However if I run the reports as admin they work fine. I have checked that the privreportinggroup,user group, sqlaccess group has select, connect and execute access to the MSCRM and the config database. I would really appreciate some suggestions here please. Regards CRMUser2008 Just to add on to the previous post, the reports are against filtered views not tables. I get the same error running any and every report under a user - even the stock standard ...

Macro for filling in empty cells in selection
Hi, I am trying to create a Macro which will look at all cells in a selection, and if the cell is empty takes the value from the top and puts it in this cell (so it should run top-down in a selection). Can anyone help me on this one? Regards, Floris Hi Floris, Try this... Sub Replaceblanks() Dim rng as Range, rng1 as Range set rng = Range(cells(1,1),cells(rows.count,2).End(xlup).offset(0,-1)) set rng1 = rng.specialcells(xlBlanks) rng1.formulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C" rng.Formula = rng.Value End sub Ankur Kanchan www.xlmacros.com Floris Blaauboer wrote: > Hi, > > I am tryi...

selected cells doesnot change colour
I want the excel cells to change colour as I select so I could see the range I have selected as it was in previous versions. How I can select this option. This is worksheet code so right-click the sheet tab and paste in Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Static lastcell As Range Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 'modify to suit lastcell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone Set lastcell = Target End Sub Mike "Zarrar Janjua" wrote: > I want the excel cells to change colour as I select so I could see the range > I have selected as it was in ...

Connecting to CRM through MS Access 2003
Hello: In the past I've been able to connect to and update CRM data through MS Access 2003. We recently had to move CRM to another server. This seemed to have been done successfully, but when I tried to use MS Access for a quick report, I was not able to reconnect to the same tables. All I have now are the dbo.Filtered tables which apparently will not allow updates. Does anyone have any suggestion on what to change so that I can alter data through MS Access again? I do not recommend doing something like this. Directly updating the tables risks corrupting the security model of the...

Changing Paper size
Hi Ok i am not sure how to go about this but i have a pricelist which i set at A4 size. I need to be able to print the document so it forms a booklet. So i need to have 2 pages print on one A3 page. I have no idea how t go about this. If i change the page size to A3 i just seem to get on page on an A3 size of paper not 2 pages. Any help would be fantastic thanks Novice -- NatJe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NatJev's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3701 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sho...

WinXPpro, Excel2000: No ODBC driver for Visual Foxpro tables
Hi When I tried to open the Excel2000 workbook with several queries (ODBC driver for Visual Foxpro Tables) to external datasource, I got message that source couldn't be opened. And Choose Data Source window opened with 'DBase files*', 'Excel files*' and 'MS Access Database*' as only selections. With MS Office, MS Query is installed. And in Excel, ODBC Add-In is checked. So what's going on? Arvi Laanemets Hi Solution - download ODBC driver for Visual FOxPro from Visual FoxPro Updates on http:\\msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/downloads Arvi Laanemets "...

Select Individual Records
I am a novice user, and know how to do simple queries. I have a table of 1,500 records, and would like the ability to select individual records for a report. Say, for example, I want to print labels for records 1, 432, 765, 134, and 1487. Those records may have nothing in common to do a query. Is there a way to do this? In my mind, their should be a way to create a query (or table or form or report) that shows all the records, allows you to highlight the records you want, then saves the results. Thanks -- Joe Hi Joe: This might sound a little on the clunky side, but in the ...

Incoming Messages to Selected Folders
For quite awhile all of my incomming messages have been showing up in their correctly chosen folders, as I have chosen by creating a rule to make them do so. Recently duplicate messages started showing up in other folders that where not chosen (At least, to the best of my knowledge, I did not chose them to do so). When I create a rule to make these duplicate messages go to their original chosen folder, I then get duplicate messages in the folder that I chose. Any suggestions?? David -- David I forgot to add that I am using Outlook 2003 -- David "David" wrote: > For ...

Agent Communications Dashboard for MS CRM 4.0
This (Agent Communications Dashboard) is touted as one of the new features of Office Communications Server 2007 R2, which was launched this month (http://www.microsoft.com/communicationsserver/en/us/whats- new.aspx). I can't find it anywhere, nor can I find anything beyond summary info on the web. Does anyone have any more information on this? ...

returning only a selected number of records
I have a tabel of questions and answers with autonumber. I have created a query that randomizes the autonumber so that the questions always appear in a different order when I run the query. The only problem is that I have about 1800 questions and I don't need all of them on a quiz. I know you can manually determine how many record are returned in a query by going to design mode and changing it. However I want to use a form that I always run before the query to determine the number of record returned. Like I have a textbox that I put X into and then run the query and it returns only X numbe...

Lookup based on currently selected cell
Ok, unusual requirement this. I have an excel spreadsheet which has a column of data. The data is short description of an activity. ie: Task 1 Task 2 Task 3 Task 4 etc What I would like to do is have a cell elsewhere on the worksheet whic then gives you a more detailed description of the activity. So, if the task list is A1:A4 as above, I would like B1 to give longer description of the activity, when one of the cells in the lis is selected. i.e. I want a single long description cell which changes its content based upon which cell in the short description list is seleted (eithe by mouse o...

Multiple selection filter
Hello I am using Access 2007, & have a table which I use as a look-up table to filter data in another table. My 'look-up table' has 2 fields, & altough the combination of these 2 fields are unique, there are duplicate values in each of the fields. As an example: Field1 Field2 A 1 A 2 A 3 B 1 B 2 In my filter, I will have to consider a selection made from both Fields in my table. I would like to set up a form, so that the user can select multiple field combinations to filter data in another table. Can anyone mak...

Selecting the last 10 records from a specific date
I have a date field and name field, I want to return the last 10 Name records entered from a specific date..... ie: Count back 10 records in the date field from Todays date and display the names from that date, to today.... seems really simple but I can't get it right... =?Utf-8?B?c2VtbWlzb24=?= wrote: > > I have a date field and name field, I want to return the last 10 Name records > entered from a specific date..... ie: Count back 10 records in the date field > from Todays date and display the names from that date, to today.... seems > really simple but I c...

Can't edit SQL question in MS Excel/Query
Hello, I'm running Win2k SP3, Excel 2000 SP-1 and have created SQL questions that fetch data from an Oracle 8i DB via ODBC. Sometimes (or actually quite often) I can't edit the SQL questions in MS Query. The MS Query icon just flashes in the taskbar and disappears. Any wiz got any idea what can be done about it? Regards Hans Hans I'm not sure about the MS Query icon you are talking about in the taskbar but the way I can get to MS Query using Excel 2000 and connectiong to Oracle database is choosing 'Data' followed by 'Get External Data', and then choosing '...

select by color
How can I select specific cells that have been colorized. Once selected I want to move these to a different column. Kristin N wrote: > How can I select specific cells that have been colorized. Once selected I > want to move these to a different column. Chip Pearson has a bunch of functions to handle colored cells: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Bill ...

OPOS Drivers for Emax Pole Display
Does anyone know where to get OPOS drivers for Emax Universal Pole Display # AN010400-000NEC? Thanks. Zach If you have the serial version, you can use the one included in RMS. Mine is working. At least the setup seemed to work. "Zach" wrote: > Does anyone know where to get OPOS drivers for Emax Universal Pole Display # > AN010400-000NEC? > > Thanks. > Zach > > > ...

Create a .pdf file from MS Publisher
Using Microsoft Publisher 2002 (10-2621-4291) SP-2 I made several parts of a Stationery Suite for a friend running a new/small business, but he doesn't have MS Publisher 2002 installed on his computer. "No problem" I thought, as I have Adobe 6 on my machine, so I could just convert the files into ..PDF files, but apparently I cannot. Will someone be kind enough to advise please? In advance, thank you. John ================================== I think it goes something like this with Adobe; Open your Publisher file, Select File, Print, In the printer name box, use the down ar...

OneNote 2007 Trial Printer Driver won't install
Hi, I'm trying to install OneNote 2007 Trial. I cannot seem to get the Send to OneNote printer driver to install. I've tried a lot of things, including the workaround where you add a generic printer. The port and processor don't show on the properties page for the generic printer. I've activated the trial. I'm using XP SP3 - 32 bit, with all updates installed. I already have Office 2007 Professional Academic Version installed, with all the updates installed. Thank you, Kevin144 Which printers do you already have installed, and what version of the .net...

Driver for sending/receiving IP packets to/from dial-up connection
Hi, I need to create a tunnel on dial-up connection, which captures some type of IP packets, and also sends some IP packets to dial-up connection. For ethernet connection, I can use NDIS protocol to send/receive IP packets encapsulated in the ethernet frame. But How can I accomplish that on dial-up connection. Any advice are greatly appreciated. On Apr 5, 2:11=A0pm, Andy <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I need to create a tunnel on dial-up connection, which captures some type= of > IP packets, and also sends some IP packets to dial-up connec...

outlook 2003 freezes when clicking on the paper clip to add an attachment when creating a new mail
Report says there is a winword error so I unchecked Word 2003 as mail editor and outlook works fine. Is this bug well known? Best regards, XL What service pack level is Office System 2003 at? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Zazou asked: | Report says there is a winword error so I unchecked Word 2003 as mail | editor and outlook works fine. | | Is this bug well known? | | Be...