install 64bits XP

Hi,

When I try to install 64bits XP boot from disc, the desktop reboot again
just I press a key upon message " press any key to boot from CD". My mb and
CPU both support 64bits O/S. Any idea ?

thanks

0
bob
12/14/2009 6:48:24 AM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
self created cd ? (slipstream or else)
-> bootrecord not correctly setup

jk
0
Juergen
12/14/2009 7:08:23 AM
If the machine is rebooting part way through the installation you should
ignore the message. The only time you should boot from the CD is when
you are starting the installation.

The message is sent by the BIOS when it recognises the presence of a
bootable disk.

On 14/12/2009 06:48, bob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to install 64bits XP boot from disc, the desktop reboot again
> just I press a key upon message " press any key to boot from CD". My mb and
> CPU both support 64bits O/S. Any idea ?
>
> thanks

0
Dominic
12/14/2009 7:26:49 AM
Bob,
Press "any key" only once when starting the installation.
Disregard any further "press any key" as they are not required.
Just leave the disc inside the drive and let the instalation continue once
the "press any key" prompt has disappeared.
CARLos

"bob" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to install 64bits XP boot from disc, the desktop reboot again
> just I press a key upon message " press any key to boot from CD". My mb and
> CPU both support 64bits O/S. Any idea ?
>
> thanks
>

> .

Daylight Savings Patch Installation Problem
I am attempting to update our CRM server install w/ the patch for the Daylight Savings Time change, CRM3.0-KB925874-Server-ENU.exe. I've followed all of the steps on the provided doc, but when I try to run it, I get the Installation Error "Setup failed to update the database. The installation of thiis update has stopped. Contact Customer Support Services." Has anybody else seen this & resolved it? I am running W2k3 STD w/ all of the latest patches. I have tried rebooting, changing to another administrator's account, etc, but every time the error is the same. T...

DPM 2010 asking for Hyper-V updates that are installed
I upgraded my 2007 SP1 DPM to 2010 RC and it went very well, everything went as expected I updated all the clients, (no reboots needed which is great, other than one DC/Exchange server) Everything re-synced fine, but when I went to add another VM to the Hyper-V protection group I get a pop saying that for Server 2008 I need kb 948465 and 971394. Now the hyper-v server has SP2 which seems to be 948465 but didn't have 971394 so I installed and rebooted but its still coming up with the same error and won't let me add any more VMs to back up. The VMs that were set to back...

Windows XP Multilanguage Pack
Hi all, I'm facing an issue with the language of my operating system (Win Xp Sp2). It was set in Italian when all the menu suddenly became in English. So, I inserted my CD contening the Windows Xp MUI pack, but after having agreed to the license it appears a list of languages in which Italian isn't mantioned. Anyone knows how to change the language of operating system from english to italian? Please support me to resolve this issue. Regards Cristina "Cristina" wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm facing an issue with the language o...

xp office update
update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates. Please double-check that KB number. Also tell us what error (if any) you get when you attempt to install the update. hank wrote: > update # 2019198 does not install after several automatic updates. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote: > Please double-check that KB number. Why don't you do that yourself? MSFT switched to KB numbers with 7 digits more than half a year ago! <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019198/> exists and is titled "How to upgrade Micro...

cant install publisher xp on windows 98 is there a way
can't get it to work is there a way Do you get an error? OFFXP: Error Message When Installing Office XP: Error 2355. Setup Cannot Access a File Cabinet http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284250 OFFXP: Error 25506: Riched20.dll Is Wrong Version Message During Setup http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322092 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "ray" <ray_tappendorf@verizon.net> wrote in message news:047a01c37b35$89fbf5a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > can't get it to work is there a way ...

installing Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe over an older version?
I have a 2005 Money Deluxe program that has stopped working properly. Today I downloaded and installed Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe. But now I can't find the program. The only icon or program I can find on my computer just opens up the original program. Is it necessary to uninstall the first one? I am just nervous about uninstalling and losing data. I just want to update this. In microsoft.public.money, Jackie wrote: >I have a 2005 Money Deluxe program that has stopped working properly. Today >I downloaded and installed Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe. But now I can't find ...

Cannot open Money file after Win XP re-install... HELP
hello, I have used for years Microsoft Money 2000 Deluxe (Canadian edition) without problems and I have kept the original CD. In the past year I have also used it without any problems on a Win XP Pro platform right up until last week. For reasons unrelated to MS Money, I have re-formatted my hard drives, re- installed Win XP Pro and all my software, everything looks fine with one exception only (!!): when I start MS Money 2K (without any problem) and then try to open my Money file, I get the following error message: "You are trying to open a file that has encrypted information. Th...

Office 2007 Multi Language install problem 12-11-09
Hi, I want to apply an Office 2007 language pack to an existing Office 2007 (English) installation. I've followed all steps as described here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179145.aspx#section2 * I've copied all the Dutch folders (access.nl-nl, excel.nl-nl, ...*.nl-nl) to a seperate folder * edited the OMUI.nl-nl\config.xml file as described (see attachment) * start the setup from the office 2007 setup-folder (setup.exe /config c:\mui\nl\OMUI.nl-nl\config.xml) the setup runs successfully. When I want to select Dutch as the interface language via Star...

Validation in XP vs 2000
I'm producing an application in excel which uses validation to allow users to pick from a list in certain cells. I am using excel 2002 but other users in a different company are using Excel 2000. When they open the s/sheet in excel 2000 the validation drop down lists do not appear. Does excel 2000 support validation in the same way as 2002? Is there another reason why the validation might not work on their PC? What's the best/simplest alternative way of incorporating drop down lists to limit the entries users can make in cell? First, is there any validation at all? If i...

Order of partitions in XP setup menu
The last time I reinstalled XP, Windows gave me the choice of partitions to install into. Because I had previously divided my two partitions (one for Windows and programs, the other for documents) equally, I wasn't entirely sure which to install to, and cancelled out of the installation. No big problem, since I double-checked, then started the reintall again. Next time this happens, I'm wondering--is there an order in which the two partitions will appear? Does the one on the top refer to the partition with the earliest letter (as in, partition C will always appear right befo...

XP Upgrade and Publisher 2000/Office 2000 SBE
I have recently upgraded a computer of Windows XP and have experienced an unusual problem with Publisher 2000 which is installed from Disk 2 of Office 2000 SBE. Everytime I start Publisher, it asks for disk 2 and starts an install of publisher. I have even uninstalled Disk 2 and reinstalled with no luck. Can anyone help? Allen PUB2000: Windows Installer Runs Every Time You Start Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827811&Product=pub2000 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "A...

Access XP & Windows 98/ME
I have an applicaton that uses a run-time version of Access XP that I wish to run on Windows 98 and/or Millenium. Is this possible and if so how do I go about it? As long as you can install the database with the Access runtime files you can use XP database with Windows 98/ME. -- G Vaught "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:768501c47663$db1bf960$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have an applicaton that uses a run-time version of > Access XP that I wish to run on Windows 98 and/or > Millenium. > > Is this possible and if so how do I ...

Macros in Excel XP
Hi, I have recently started using office xp and have some macros stored in the personal.xls file. They used to open automatically in '97 but now I have to open the file every time I start Excel. The files are in xlstart folder so what's different? Any ideas? regards Phil Phil In XP the xlStart folder moved from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office to C:\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel. I suspect this is your problem. (It actually moved in XL2000 I think) -- HTH Nick Hodge Southampton, England nick_hodge@btinternet.com "Phil Boffin" <philboffin@tiscali.co.uk>...

office 2004 installation problems after removing, installing and updating.
hello, well, I am trying to re-install the office 2004 (student version) in my macbook. everything was working fine until entourage start to freeze. I decided to reinstall the office, and when I try to open the appl I got the error messages so I did what was suggested. "Removed office" 2004 test and the licenced one, then I installed my office 2004 licenced version and ran the update 11.2 but still have the same error message on word, excel and power point: "an unexpected error occurred while trying to load the microsoft Framework library". and the message in Entourage: &q...

how can I open an excel document if I do not have excel installed
I continue to receive documents via email that I can not open through excel I can not find a downloadable version to install for me to be able to access these Please help. If a spreadsheet was emailed to me I can not open or view it You are in luck! Microsoft offers a free download to allow you to view Excel files. See: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C8378BF4-996C-4569-B547-75EDBD03AAF0&displaylang=en -- Gary''s Student "need help" wrote: > I continue to receive documents via email that I can not open through excel I > can not ...

Business Portal 3.0 install error
Hi, I am getting the following error " Failed loading Packager Data Element (PD_REQUISITION) for Install Feature (Requisition)" MbfPackager Failed Loading Packager Data. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ...

How can I run Unicode application in Win 9X/ME developed in XP .Net.
Dear, I would like to know how can I run an Unicode application in Window 9x/Me environment, the application is developed in .NET under the XP windows? This is my original intention to develop the application in Unicode in order to save time from develop multiple applications for different evnironment, since the application needs to display multibyte characters and latins accent characters. Thnx, Derek >I would like to know how can I run an Unicode application in Window >9x/Me environment, the application is developed in .NET under the XP >windows? This is my original intent...

Asus P5K Q6600 XP Pro 32 Bit
Hi Friend has 32 bit XP Pro on a P5K MOBO with 3GB ram (DDR667). He complained of slowness in his system. Ran Task Manager and only a single core was visible. Ran CPU-Z and it reports back 4 cores. How do I tell if the OS is correctly seeing all of the cores? Some posts on similar issues on the www but nothing definitive. I would prefer not to reload OS. Thanks Drew Tassie$Devil wrote: > Hi > > Friend has 32 bit XP Pro on a P5K MOBO with 3GB ram (DDR667). He complained > of slowness in his system. Ran Task Manager and only a single core was > visible. ...

I keep getting AU telling me to install Update for Intelligent Message Filter for Exchange Server 2003: 2006.01.12
My exchange server IMF updates is stuck in a bit of a loop I install the latest IMF update, then a few mins later AU tells me it needs to install the IMF update for 2006.01.12, if I install the 2006.01.12 update, AU nags me to install the most recent version Server is WS02 R2, Exchange is SP2 and latest updates ContentFilterState is enabled in the registry Any ideas? Regards Roga ...

Trouble installing upgrade '08
I've successfully installed '08 upgrade on my iMac and now am trying to do the same on my G4, both with Leopard, but when the install is complete and the program starts for the first time I get an error message saying "Entourage cannot access your data. To attempt to fix the problem, rebuild your database." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing seems to work. When I reinstall '04 it starts just fine, but '08 always results in this message. Any suggestions?? Thank you! No databases show up in the "Database Utility" screen that comes u...

Excel tries to install again
Excel will not start. Instead, it tries to reinstall and then fails with a missing installation file? All the other components of Office 2003 Small Business Edition work correctly. Is there a way to reinstall excel from my product discs and leave the rest of office alone, as it works perfectly? ...

office 2008 installation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Comes up with message: Install failed Unable to install The installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install what do I do? oh, and my macbook is completely new, I haven't installed anything except the software that's already in it in the box. bad disk bad drive Want more? Give details - try sentences. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 7/12/08 8:46 PM, in article 59b53ff0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "trouble@officeformac.com" <trouble@officef...

How to do completely clean Outlook install?
I need to install a completely clean copy of Outlook 2003. I used my current copy of Outlook to do some experimenting with Outlook plugins, try out connecting to remote Exchange servers, etc. Now it's filled with junk. There's nothing at all that I want to save. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but all the old junk is still there. It still asks me for log in to the Exchange server, all the Exchange server folders are still there, etc. What do I have to do to blow everything away, including all the poorly-behaved plugins? Delete your profile under Control Panel->Mail Icon a...

SQL Agent error on Installation
Sorry to re-post but this is REALLY frustrating...... I'm trying to install CRM and getting stuck on the SQL server step. After I select my SQL server (seperate W2K machine w/SP4, same AD domain, SQL has SP3), I get this error: "SQL Server Agent must be running on the specified SQL Server" They are both on the same Active Directory domain and the SQL server runs fine (Agent is running and gives no error). I've tried having the SQL server and Agent services started by the domain administrator, and that didn't change anything. I made sure the domain admin has a SQL login ...

Use Excel 97 with windows XP ?
I've been using Excel 97 with Windows 98 for a number of years with no problem and now would like to use it with Windows XP on new computer. When I try to print a bar chart (Excel 97 in Windows XP) in which the bars are colored, according to the Legend, although the bars show colored on the monitor, they are printed only in black and white (grayscale) when the chart is printed. I had no trouble like this with Windows 98. I've checked the Print settings, for the printer, which seem to be set ok but still no colored chart. Does anyone have suggestion? Is it possible to ...