Import reg files into Registry, without UAC

Hi,

I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains
only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without
elevation.
This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on
admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not
needed.

How can I prevent this?

Thanks,
Jens

0
iso
1/8/2010 12:50:41 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jens M�ller wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains
>only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without
>elevation.
>This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on
>admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not
>needed.
>
>How can I prevent this?

Use REG.exe to add the specific key/values that you want. I believe that
it's smart enough to only generate a UAC prompt if you try to add to
restricted parts of the registry.

--
Steve Foster
------------

backing up files
Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. Why should I email you an answer when the answer to this question has already been posted three or four times already this week? Please read the posts. "John Koegel" <bigjohn1016@mns.com> wrote in message news:044501c348bf$62e760b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money > files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. ...

PDF file #7

No date fields appear when exporting/importing CSV file?
Hello All, I need to convert some legacy emails from another system to a format that can be read by Outlook. The preferred format is CSV text, which we plan to import into Outlook. I noticed when playing with the export/import that the following seem to be the standard fields that get exported into an Outlook generated CSV file: "Subject", "Body (text)", "From: (Name)", "From: (Address)", "From: (Type)", "To:(Name)", "To: (Address)", "To: (Type)", "CC: (Name)", "CC: (Address)", "CC: (...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

How do I list more opened Word docs under the File menu
Word 2003 displays the last 4 Word files opened on clicking the File menu. I would like to increase this to about 20. Can this be done, and if so, how? In Word 2003, the maximum number that can be shown is 9 and it can be set via Tools>Options>General -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Wellington" <Wellington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9B8C9D4-4F78-4A92-94C6-8DC0D41388...

Setting Column Width on Imported Data
Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to set the column width of a column I am importing to Excel from Access. I need this column for what I'm doing in the Excel file, but I don't want it so wide, or would even like it hidden. Problem is everytime the data gets updated the column goes back to really wide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lori. ...

How to import marketing list. failing with permissions issue
I am trying to do the below in CRM 3.0 and it fails with a permissions issue. I am using the crmadmin account so I'm not sure what is causing the error. Can anyone assist? Using the Web interface: Tools Import Choose the attached file Record type: Lead Next Import to “Test 1” Marketing List Customer Type is “Contact” The mapping is correct Next Next at the next screen. Fails there for privileges. -- Thanks Dan ...

Wont send receive without hitting the button
It seems as if outlook isn't sending receiving automatically although it is set up to do so every few minutes. Once i hit send receive the messages come flowing in. I tried to uncheck the box, close outlook and reboot and then recheck the box, however that hasn't helped. anyone have any suggestions? Well for starters I'd suggest posting your Outlook version, mail account type, connection type and automatic polling settings so we'd have something to go on. You gave us nothing. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

data error while opening files
when i open excel or word existing file i getting contents as "DATAError [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5]" instead of my saved data. pls help me solving. My all word & excel files are have same problem. ...

Registry
OK Guys & Gals, you are sooo helpful. Rather than search help/net for how-to-do, I'm sure one of you can give me the answer..... I want to launch a web-browser from my app. How do I find out which web-browser the user has installed/is using. I suppose, similar question is how to do same if I want the user to contact me via e-mail. Here's a code fragment of what I currently do (red-faced, a little. But I'm not too proud to ask for help & yes, I no WinExec is old-hat but so am I). void CMainFrame::OnHelpHomePage() { CString csPath = "SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows...

Cannot open Publisher File
I'm using Publisher 2003 and have a 100 MB (66 MB Compressed) publisher file that consitently hangs up publisher when trying to open it. Once in a while, the first page will load, but when you try to switch to another page, the program hangs up again. I've tried several PCs to open the file with including a P4 file server with 2 GB of RAM. nothing seems to make a difference. I can tell through the Task Manager that the app is doing some sort of processor work, but no disk access is being performed. I tried opening the file in Safe Mode and it make some slight improvements w...

integrate my vendor/supplier files from RMS and SBF into Outlook
I want to be able to see my vendor/supplier the same info in outlook, RMS and SBF I hate having to rekey the same information over and over. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

Don't chart X-axis without values.
On a line chart I am plotting two individual columns and then SUM(ming) these two for a total. Future dates of the individual columns have no data BUT the formula for SUM(ming) the two results in zero (0) which is plotted on my chart. I've tried a number of approches to the formula, blank (""), and Null (which results in a string and causes an error. How can I leave my formula in the future dates and not effect my chart. Obviously, with moving from 300k to zero in one week is scary. Thanks, Hank Hank - Excel can't return a NULL or BLANK from a function (not t...

Import/Export Directory
I recently recovered my Exchange 5.5 sp4 server from inconsistent databases using a recent tape backup. Somehow in the process I lost all of my Directory information like DL membership and SMTP addresses. The information store restored fine. I was able to go to another site in the organization and export the directory before the changes were replicated. Everything is there but of course, it's messy. I already manually added back all of the smtp addresses but I would like to use the exported directory .csv file to re-add membership of my DLs. Can I simply export the current Dir...

Lost File #2
I have accidently saved over a publisher file and lost all my work. I am aware that I have temp files that may have the data in it but I cannot access any of them. I get an error message saying it is locked or in use by another person but they are not. Can anyone help >-----Original Message----- >I have accidently saved over a publisher file and lost all my work. I am >aware that I have temp files that may have the data in it but I cannot access >any of them. I get an error message saying it is locked or in use by another >person but they are not. > >Can anyon...

Parsing a space delimited file into segments
I have a space delimited file that contains address information. Is there a way to parse each record so that I parse the records into specific portions (Company Name is field 1, Street Address is field 2, etc.)? Using the space as a delimiter doesn't help in this instance because every word is obviously separated by a space. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks. hi, you could use the fixed width option but unless all of the data is the same width that could cause a serious problem. i don't know how much data you have but you may have to do it in groups or 1 line a...

3 pst files
I want to have 3 pst files on my Outlook 2003 setup. Is this possible? I have the pst file that I work now and 2 others which are pst files from an old laptop which I want just to be there as separate. How can I do it and shall I do Import or is there any other way. thanks Virginia Don't use the import feature. Simply reconnect the pst-files via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... You can place the pst-file in a location that is convenient to you. For instance in a sub folder of your My Documents folder called "Outlook". -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Out...

Can't open any .exe files
If I click on any programs it pops up and tells me that there is no association. I know how to association a file extension normally. If I click on Excel it gives me the error. Yet if I click on an Excel file then it will open the file. If I click on Notepad gives me the association error yet again if I click on a file saved in Notepad it opens that file. I tried to run System Restore but I get the same error. The exact error message is : This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this Acton. Create an association in the Folder Options control Pane...

unknown cab file required
I just installed Project 2003 and immediately ran the update routine. Office Update tells me that it has SP1 for Project and some new junk mail filters for Outlook 2003. I tell it to download both patches. Download proceeds with no problem. Installation tells me that it cannot find a file called SKU111.CAB. I search all local hard disks - no file. I search the Project disk - no file. I search the Office 2003 disk - no file. I even searched the Publisher 2003 disk (which is not installed). I can account for an SKU13B and an SKU119, but no SKU111. I search all of Microsoft.com - nothing e...

error opening excel file
hi! i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do you want to continue loading the project?" i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error log is being created" what happen to the excel file? the excel file is only 2.6Mb There is a bug in xl97 (fixed in xl2k, IIRC) that allowed worksheet codenames to get too long. I _think_ that newer versions of excel will open...

How can I import "Packed" mainframe data into Excel?
I've copied a file from an IBM Mainframe computer to my PC and need to do some analysis in Excel. Some of the fields in the file are "packed" - for example, the format of one field is " P(9.2). On the mainframe, that takes up six bytes, so $5.90 is stored as "00000000059F" (the last bit is the sign). This is NOT "hex" but an old convention that breaks each byte (EBCDIC 8-bit) into two, 4-bit parts and stores one decimal value in each part. Suggestions about how I can get this format into Excel without having to re-format the data in a mainframe ...

Validating a Schema, recognizing failed <xs:import> directives?
I have the following XML Schema file located at C:\foo.xsd: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://some.bogus.com/foo"> <xs:import namespace="http://some.bogus.com/bar" schemaLocation="file:///c:/bar.xsd"/> </xs:schema> For the purposes of this discussion, it should be noted that the file C:\bar.xsd does *not* exist. If I validate this schema with <oXygen/>, S...

Can't open pdf files in windows mail.
Every time I try to open a PDF file in windows mail it says I don't have a program associated with it to open it. It says to set a default program with it. I have adobe reader associated with it in default programs, so I don't know why it won't open it. What operating system? i.e.: XP/SP3 etc. Windows Mail, or Windows Live Mail? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial Beach, CA "Dutchy" <Dutchy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BC3362D-015D-498A-90AD-FE4AD10D0962@microsoft.com... > Every ti...

Enable Quicklaunch Toolbar in Registry
Is there a setting in the registry to turn the toolbar on by default? I've searched for entries on doing this, but they all refer to being able to do so only on a clean install. kjfrey55 wrote: > Is there a setting in the registry to turn the toolbar on by default? I've > searched for entries on doing this, but they all refer to being able to do so > only on a clean install. What's your problem, exactly? Does the QL Toolbar disappear with a reboot? Is it inaccessible? Is it not shown as an option? http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line...

Data conversion on import
I'm importing data from an Excel spreadsheet and Access *refuses* to import a column that has a model number that is sometimes text and sometimes a number. In excel, I've done a 'format cells' and defined all as text, to no avail. Access won't treat the numbers as text. Ironically, it imports the text ones just fine. I suppose I could prefix all the model numbers with 'XX' or something, but that seems pretty cheesy. WHAT am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated! -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgV2hpdHRsZQ==...