how to turn off preview in explorer

OS: vista 64 with latest patches

0
GS
7/12/2010 5:12:11 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

GS,
A simple google search with your subject yielded this address:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/116098-preview-pane-vista-windows-explorer.html
Hope it solves your question.
Carlos

"GS" wrote:

> OS: vista 64 with latest patches
>

> .

thx, the link could have been useful

however I found the turn of preview pane icon in the tool bar. I don't want
the classic view

as a side note the folder option->view tab did not help me

"Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> GS,
> A simple google search with your subject yielded this address:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/116098-preview-pane-vista-windows-explorer.html
> Hope it solves your question.
> Carlos
>
> "GS" wrote:
>
> > OS: vista 64 with latest patches
> >

> > .

0
GS

Explorer View Sharepoint does not work
Hello Group, I have got following problem: In our company on two workstations there is a problem with the explorer view when I try to open a workspace. When I go to ACTIONS and then select OPEN WITH WINDOWS EXPLORER then a new window opens but there is nothing inside. When I press F5 then comes the message "Documents in this folder are not available. The folder may have been moved or deleted, or network problems may be preventing a connection to the server". When I go to VIEW and then EXPLORER VIEW there I got the message "Your client does not support opening...

Preview
How can I make all Excel files I created previewable? That is, when I choose FILE, OPEN Hi Anna, Not clear what you mean. When you use File|Open do you want Excel to be in Print Preview mode? Bernard "Anna" <vtran@hotvoice.com> wrote in message news:0c0801c38851$92b50050$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How can I make all Excel files I created previewable? > That is, when I choose FILE, OPEN You mean view the file before you open it?? There are programs that you can use to view a file in a explorer window. For example Powerdesk http://www.ontrack.com/ -- Regards Ron de Br...

publisher preview not same in email
I have pub 2007 AND outlook 2007. I have a one page newsletter that I want to send to a group. When I preview it, the letter looks perfect, design checker says no problem areas, yet when I send it to myself, there is not ONE SINGLE thing lined up. Background colors are larger than the text block it self. Pics are not where they are supposed to be. I have read about the SNAP TO, its on, I have tried sending Rich text, html to no avail. I can send it to someone with outlook 2000 and they say that it looks ok on theirs. No I am not saving it as 2000 pub. thanks for any insight Create a PD...

Check important pack for MS Internet Explorer
--eojfcwbasc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="agtsvbarlkrqvjpnc"; type="multipart/alternative" --agtsvbarlkrqvjpnc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tmpcbwupucpalmpj" --tmpcbwupucpalmpj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. In...

vb6 run time error 5 when Outlook 2007 Explorer object displayed
hi all I have a vb6 program which integrates with MS Outlook and was working fine until the client upgraded their PC's - the OS stayed at XP Pro but Office was upgraded from 2003 to 2007. The app is now throwing a runtime error 5 "invalid procedure call or argument". This is difficult for me to debug as I my dev machine is W2K so I cannot install Office 2007 on it. But as far as I can tell the error is occurring when the code gets to the line myExplorer.Display - this is in response to the user double clicking a calendar item in Outlook. Just wondering is...

Print preview problem... #5
Hi! I'm writting an MDI-project using MFC in a statically linked library. View class is derived from CListView. I've added printing functions and didn't edit them. The problem is that choosing menu Print Preview asserts the progam... When using MFC in a shared dll, program works perfectly. But I want it to work on another computers... How can I fix this problem? -- Tim. -- Tim. ...

O2003 Print Preview
Will Microsoft reenable the print preview functionality for HTML messages? I find the print preview tool handy. Michael Henderson ...

Outlook 2003 - Preview Pane
Hello - Have a strange behavior to find out about. Office 2003 and Outlook 2003 on an XP Pro machine with SP3. Has been working fine up to this past weekend when a power outage brought the machine down. The user left Outlook 2003 running when the power outage hit. We restarted and everything comes back. However... In reading his email, he uses his preview pane which appears. If he clicks "Delete" (the "X" at the top of menu bar), the message header element disappears into "Deleted Items" but the message preview stays on the supposedly delete...

problem with preview of .jpg image attached file
Hello The following problem began from the moment I upgraded to Snow Leopard. I use Entourage 2004 and downloaded the very latest version. Inside Entourage, when I try to open a .jpg image attached to a message, this opens Preview app but the image is not visible whatever settings adjustments I try. The image however can be seen in the right side panel of Preview (if opened). If I transfer the .jpg file to desktop or to any folder and then open it with Preview app, the image appears normally. In case of .pdf attached file, no such problem occurs. .pdf files also open with Preview...

How to disable auto download when view in preview pane in Outlook 2003???
Hi All, Outlook express has a great feature not to open/download the IMAP message, when I click on a message the email list pane. This greatly used to delete unwanted emails without downloading the whole email and to prevent opening junk/virus emails. Now I switched to Outlook 2003 and I cannot find that feature any more. It automatically downloads/open the email, when I click on an email in the list. How can I stop that happening?? Please help. Thanks in advance! Rgds, Eranga File, Work offline -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coautho...

How to turn off attachment warning
I don't want warnings from Outlook 2007 on Vista when trying to open Office 2007 and 2003 .doc, .docx, xls, xlsx, and .pdf files. Also, if someone knows, is there a way to supress Outlook 2007's warning that an attachment has changed? What warnings? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Tom asked: | I don't want warnings from Outlook 2007 on Vista when trying to open | Office 2007 and 2003 .doc, ....

How do I turn off the reminder bell on my calendar?
I have a lot of items in my calendar. However, the constant pop-ups and ringing bell are very annoying. How do I turn these off but leave my calendar entries intact for when I wand to pull them up. Thank you. Open them and change Reminder to "None". magoe99 wrote: > I have a lot of items in my calendar. However, the constant pop-ups and > ringing bell are very annoying. How do I turn these off but leave my > calendar entries intact for when I wand to pull them up. Thank you. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041130.htm - this will turn...

Help in turning off underlining and blue font
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the automatic underlining and blue font of the text when entering a email address in a cell? Thanks, Bob Tools / Autocorrect options / Autoformat Tab / Replace Network paths with hyperlinks - Deselect it -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Conditional Formatting
I have a report that prints out clients that have their contracts expiring within the next 90 days (no problem). I would like to make a label field become visible that says Contract Expired when the number of days is now a negative number (90 days has run out and now into the expired days). I'm not ure how to set up the conditional formatting to make visible another field based on the value of another. Thanks in advance for help Kenny A. On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 10:34:02 -0700, Kenny A. wrote: > I have a report that prints out clients that have their contracts expiring > within t...

How do I turn off Outlook's receiving of the mail?
I need to turn the automatic feature of Outlook receiving emails off. I have another program that receives my emails for spam reasons and filters them and I don't want Outlook to also try to access them from the web. Thanks In news:083785AF-FA5F-4EA6-A421-D1B0CFF6E615@microsoft.com, margemarge <margemarge@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I need to turn the automatic feature of Outlook receiving emails off. > > I have another program that receives my emails for spam reasons and > filters them and I don't want Outlook to also try to access them from > the web....

Auto-preview: allow user to set number of viewable lines
Auto-preview only displays the first 3 lines of emails. I would like the ability to set the number of lines that display. I need this because I have categorized my emails by staff member and, when I meet with them, I print a list of the emails I need to follow up with them about. I often find, however, that 3 lines is usually not enough detail for me. Would it be (or is it) possible to allow users to set the numbers of lines they prefer to see in auto-previews? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with...

Print Titles greyed out in print preview
Hi. I can go underneath page setup and use the Print Titles option (under sheet) fine. When I go into print preview, then go to setup, it is greyed out all of a sudden. Seems to happen with any file, one sheet or multiple. Using Excel 2K. Anyone have an explantion of why this is happening? Thanks Print Titles and Print Area cannot be changed while in Print Preview mode. That's the way Excel works. HTH, Gary Brown >-----Original Message----- >Hi. I can go underneath page setup and use the Print >Titles option (under sheet) fine. When I go into print >preview, then go ...

preview message
Am using Outlook 2003, most of my staff get a small transparent preview pane when a message arrives, regardless of any rules affecting the message. one of my directors only receives message going and staying in his inbox but not for any messages that are subsequently moved to different folders. Help? Thanks ...

How do I set up a macro to turn on Windows in Taskbar in Excel 200
I have a shared workbook in Excel 2000 that is automatically turning off Windows in Taskbar whenver it is opened and I can't see why. Does anyone out there know a macro that will automatically turn on the Windows in Taskbar option in Excel when the workbook is opened? Thanks David Lee David Add the following line code to an Auto_Open or Workbook_Open event: Application.ShowWindowsInTaskbar = True *pretty sure that was in Office 2000, I am in 2003 so I wasn't able to check... -- Charles www.officezealot.com "David Lee - NZ" <David Lee - NZ@discussions.micros...

Turn data
I have a list that is in Excel, but was sent to me without a header row. Instead, Column A lists what data should be in the header, repeated for each entry. Aside from the copy paste special, and transpose command, is there any way that I can change the data to appear as in rows versus two columns? If you exclude the transpose command, as you did, a VBA solution would be required. But more detail about your data layout would be needed for someone to come up with the VBA code you would need. If you wish, send me, direct, your file, or a sample of it. Include in this file a small samp...

Turn cell red if today is greater or equal to date in cell
Hi, I'm storing dates in cells in a column that represent future deadline dates. If today's date is greater or equal to the date stored in the cell, I want to turn that same cell red and text bold. Or, at least somehow flag it. I've been using conditional formatting but have not been able to get exactly what I need. Thank-you, Rick onlineXmanX@exciteX.com (remove X's for true email) Hi - goto the conditional format dialog after selecting your cell (lets say you have selected B1) - choose 'Formula is' - enter the following formula: =B1<=TODAY() - c...

Print Preview from a "secondary" windows prints contents of main window
I=B4ve extended a standard MFC App by an extra (Frame-)=20 Window accomodating my GraphView. When using the File- >Print, the graph is beeing printed nicely. When using=20 File->PrintPreview->Print, the contents of the main-window=20 get printed instead. I tracked this down to a point in=20 (MFC=B4s) viewprev.cpp: CPreviewView::OnPreviewPrint() COleIPFrameWnd *pInPlaceFrame =3D DYNAMIC_DOWNCAST (COleIPFrameWnd, pOrigFrame); if (pInPlaceFrame) { pInPlaceFrame->SendMessage(WM_COMMAND,=20 ID_FILE_PRINT); } else pMainWnd->SendMessage(WM_COMMAND,=20 ID_FILE_PRINT); From w...

How can I turn off the accent over "cafe" when typing in Excel?
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to Excel and so I'm hoping somebody can explain this strange feature to me. When I type the word "cafe" into Excel, sometimes it reformats the word with an accent over the e (Cafe'), but other times it leaves the word alone, no accent (Cafe). I'd like it to leave the word alone all the time, and I need a way to replace the existing accented versions with a non-accented version. I've searched in the help, searched on the net, and just can't figure out how or why it is doing it. Can anyone offer a hint or suggestion? Many thanks!...

How do I preview a template in Word 2007 before opening it?
I have a series of similar-named templates - for legal reasons, they cannot be re-named. In the "old" version(s) of Word, there was a switch in Properties that allowed a preview picture to appear in the template selection window BEFORE selection. Is there such a facility in Word 2007? ie, Selecting "New", "My Templates", a selection of templates appear. A single click on each one used to bring up a preview picture. If anyone has the answer, I would be so greatful for the time it will save me! Best regards, -- Pete In the Save As dialog, check the &...

Increase Font Size Permanently ! - Preview Pane
There does not seem to be any way to permanently alter the font size display in the preview pane of Outlook 2007. At best the scroll wheel resizes it temporarily. Is there any way to do this? ...