Halo crashing Windows - 154727

Why is Halo crashing windows no more then twice a day. Yes I get the
blue screen which states to remove new hardware.  The only thing new are
the motherboard, CPU and memory.
0
rr
8/16/2010 8:32:54 AM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

<rr@nospam.edu> wrote in message
> Why is Halo crashing windows no more then twice a day. Yes I get the blue
> screen which states to remove new hardware.  The only thing new are the
> motherboard, CPU and memory.

Hardware fault caused by overheating?
Check that the temperature of the GPU on your graphics card is within spec.
Improving case cooling may help.  What is the exact blue screen error code
shown?
--
Rob

0
Rob
8/16/2010 11:24:22 AM
The GPU is intergrated into the M3M78-VM motherbard. Can I still check
the GPU temp?  I do use the ASUS PC probe. The motherbord has been about
108 degrees F which in not extremely hot.

> Hardware fault caused by overheating?
> Check that the temperature of the GPU on your graphics card is within spec.
> Improving case cooling may help.  What is the exact blue screen error code
> shown?
0
rr
8/16/2010 9:13:47 PM
Here is half of the messsage. It didnt' let me finish writing down the
message.

" A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL .If thsis is the
first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.
If this screen appears again, follow these steps, "

  What is the exact blue screen error code
> shown?
0
rr
8/17/2010 10:50:58 PM
Hi, rr.

By default, Win7 is set to "Automatically restart" on "System failure".
This is probably best for newbies because, as we all learn early in
computing, a reboot will fix many transient computer problems.  But when it
doesn't, we're left with no clues as to what happened, unless we know how to
read the Event Viewer or memory dump and other diagnostic tools.

So, change the default.  It's a very easy switch at the end of a long
click-path:

Start | Control Panel | System, then Advanced system settings (you'll need
to furnish Administrator credentials to go past here) | Advanced / Startup
and Recovery / Settings.  Whew!  Finally, just clear the check from the box
that says "Automatically restart".  Then OK your way out - and you might
need to reboot.

Next time it crashes, you'll have all the time you need to copy the entire
BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) because it won't restart until you push the
computer's hardware Reset button.  We don't need the boilerplate, which
usually doesn't apply, anyhow.  But we DO need the Stop Code - both the hex
number (0xD1?) and the text (such as DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL).  And
there often are 4 more long hex numbers; those may look like gobbledygook
but they tell a lot to the gurus who understand them.

Include all those numbers in your next post and someone here should be able
to point the way to a solution.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

wrote in message news:OJOTp6lPLHA.2692@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Here is half of the messsage. It didnt' let me finish writing down the
message.

" A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL .If thsis is the
first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.
If this screen appears again, follow these steps, "

  What is the exact blue screen error code
> shown?

Exporting Windows calendar to Office Outlook
I would like to export my windows calendar to outlook on another computer that is on Windows 7 which has no windows calendar. I tried the import/export function but it did not do a complete job, somewhat only partially. What am I doing incorrectly? "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C33E5A0-14D5-4A9B-8226-FBB1A6AF8058@microsoft.com... >I would like to export my windows calendar to outlook on another computer > that is on Windows 7 which has no windows calendar. I tried the > import/export > function but it did not do a comple...

how i can get tree view in view window
hi How we can get tree view in view window.I want to get treeview in view window not in dialog. Arbind Arbind wrote: > > hi > > How we can get tree view in view window.I want to get treeview in > view window not in dialog. > > Arbind CFormView is a view window that can contain a dialog template with many controls. CTreeView is a view window filled with a tree control. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

sp3 = crash
downloaded sp3 last night --- all worked fine --- came home tonight --- blue screen Now what? Taxman19014 wrote: > downloaded sp3 last night --- all worked fine --- came home tonight --- blue > screen > Now what? Try Safe Mood otherwise Boot from the Cd .. and do a Repair. DO NOT use the First Repair you see . u will looose all your info Do the 2nd repair .. It will ask if you want to Repair a certain partition.. You will have to Do all the microsoft updates all over . Taxman19014 wrote: > downloaded sp3 last night --- all worked fine --- came home to...

Log on to windows 2000 server
I have used the same password to log on to my windows 2000 server for over three years and suddenly it stopped working. How can I get into the domain to reactivate it? Or can I Also the log in from the workstations are not working. Get an administrator to reset your password "frdiaz" <jfa@alltel.net> wrote in message news:E0C31BC8-1774-4F06-9AE7-26F222C8E804@microsoft.com... > I have used the same password to log on to my windows 2000 server for over three years and suddenly it stopped working. How can I get into the domain to reactivate it? Or can I? > > Also ...

getting window position?
For a *child* window, when you set position and size using CWnd::SetWindowPos, the positioning is relative to the client area of the parent window. I must be getting tired, because look as I might, I can't find an analagous call to get the window position for a child window in terms of the parent window client area. I'm not sure I can even see how to compute it from the screen position returned by CWnd::GetWindowRect. What am I missing? It's seems obvious the call must be there somewhere, but I'm not spotting it. Thanks. Is ScreenToClient what you want? HTH -- ======...

Can I put a windows folder into outlook2003 display?
I need to know how to put a windows folder on the left hand display that directs to a windows directory to keep my outlook from getting full. Create new user folders and put emails in there instead of the default = folders Right click on Personal Folders on the left side in OL and select New = Folder. Give it a name=20 --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Hanson23" <Hanson23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:8113C273-5B6A-432A-9305-D0A4672EF783@microsoft.c...

Outlook 2000 and Windows XP
I recently purchased a PC running Windows XP. I installed my Microsoft Office 2000 software and set up Outlook including my e-mail accounts. On the "servers" tab I have added my password and checked "remember my password" however, EVERY TIME I send/receive I am promted for my password. If I'm not there to type it in, I get an error message and no mail. Is this a compatibility issue with XP and Outlook 2000? It's infuriating... any advice? Have you installed all of the SPs for Office? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group ...

Domain rename in windows 2008 parent can child
Hi, I have two root domain controller sat.au.local. The first root dc that contains all 5 roles has a CA Authroity installed and configured. I have two child domain controller sf.sat.au.local I have an exchange 2007 which is under sf.sat.au.local and an edge server 2007. I have file server running windows 2008 and two other machine running windows 2003 part of the child domain. How do I perform a Domain renamed in this case? As far as I know there have been no major changes when moving from 2003 to 2008. So I would follow the step by step instructions (Trial ...

How to set up windows email
Please help me set up windows email for me to send and receive email. thank you "hannah" <jjeremiah_2911@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eaZI3iXKLHA.4120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Please help me set up windows email for me to send and receive email. > thank you I see that you posted here with a Yahoo address. Is this a free US based Yahoo address? If so it will not allow POP3 access, so it will not set up in WM. You need to purchase a Yahoo Plus account, see, http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/overview And use the settings des...

Windows Explorer 03-08-10
Im running Vista and IE8. Every time I try to move a file from one folder to another, "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and will shut down" appears. Does anyone know how to recify this problem? Thanks It is a problem plaguing Windows Explorer in Vista and XP. Upgrade to Windows 7, or update your system. Windows update should do it. "Onky" <Onky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB90CCEB-5CCA-4D50-B37F-7D1FC39F8F17@microsoft.com... > Im running Vista and IE8. Every time I try to move a file from one folder > to > ano...

Flash Window Color
Hi I am using VC++. I have written a Dialog based application, the application alerts a user to various levels of alarms. When the og is minimised - I need the icon in the taskbar to flash various colors depending on the alarm level. At the moment I am using a timer and FlashWindow, however, this only flashes the icon the default colors (blue and grey). How can I change the Color of the flashing Icon? Thankyou very much in advance. Here is the code I am using at the moment: void CC7ServerDlg::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent) { if(this->IsIconic()) { if(showErrors) { if(fl...

Turn off Clipboard pop up window
How do I turn off the Excel pop up window for the clipboard? I found the instructions for the Office Clipboard in xl's help by searching for Clipboard, then I could see this topic: Turn Office Clipboard command options on or off ==== Edit|Office clipboard There's an options button at the bottom. susan_baldwin@ghrsystems.com wrote: > > How do I turn off the Excel pop up window for the > clipboard? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

windows media player failure
WMP says it does not recognize MVI_1138.AVI on my desktop. It played it three times yesterday!!! Any suggestions? Charles ...

Windows Internet Explorer Error Message
We are getting a spuratic error when in Internet Explorer using Sharepoint 3.0 Datasheets. When we try to edit any text field the datasheet we get the following error: "Edit Control creation has failed. You cannot edit cells" This is a new error and is very spuratic, if I reboot PC we can make it work but then if we go to edit the datasheet again later we get the error on all datasheets. Then we reboot. The operating system is Windows 7, Office 2007 Professional, Internet Explorer 8.0.76 We have checked all the internet security settings, office settings but s...

Outlook 2003 with Windows 7
Has anyone installed Outlook 2003 on Windows 7? If yes, does it work properly? I just bought a new PC with Windows 7 and do not want to purchase new Outlook software yet. Thanks. -- W Some people have said Outlook 2003 is not compatible with Windows 7 but there isn't any official information from Microsoft about this. If you want an email program (basic but really good) then Windows Live Mail could be the answer (this is also Microsoft free program) . http://download.live.com/wlmail hth "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

several problems with windows update and WMDC
I installed WDMC and now i have to run this following update: Microsoft Corporation - Other hardware - Windows Mobile-based device support but after I hit install the system is showing me this error: Microsoft Corporation - Other hardware - Windows Mobile-based device support Installation date: ‎11/‎30/‎2009 12:54 PM Error details: Code 80070103 Update type: Recommended can somebody tell me what to do with this error? AL Hello Al, Run Windows Update manually & "hide" the update. <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952032> -=- &q...

Windows Live Mail contacts lost
Hello, I couldn't get connected to Windows Live Messenger (Error code 8e5e05f6) and I found out on the web that the problem would be solved by deleting "Windows Live contacts" folder, which I did. I then restarted my PC Windows Live Messenger now works but I have lost all my Windows Live Mail contacts. I restaured that deleted folder but the contacts aren't back. Is there a way to get them back? Thanks PS : I am using Vista After checking my disk, I noticed I now have 2 "Windows Live Contacts" folders One is named "Windows Live ...

Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000
Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000 System are dreadfully slow when used in Office 2003 on a system running Windows XP. What the heck? "Trooper" <Trooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C9799F5-84A5-4A8C-AA6B-646F66FAC021@microsoft.com... > Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000 System are dreadfully > slow when used in Office 2003 on a system running Windows XP. What the heck? Can you be more specific please. What does these programs do? /Fredrik The program to which I referred to earlier is one I develope...

window size #2
Hello: No matter what feature in the Windows Vista Control Panel I try, the windows within GP cannot be increased in size. True, the menu and borders around the window can be increased in size. But, the window from below the menu to the bottom of the window cannot be changed. Is there a tool that will change the size of GP windows, or is this something that cna be changed in the dex.ini file? childofthe1980s Child, While you can resize most Dynamics GP windows, the result is certainly not pleasant. The only tool available to do such resize is Modifier, but you will have to resize ...

Windows Update website - KB953297 does not install
Hello, This update continually fails to install. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) Here's the error it throws from the system event viewer: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297). For more information, see...

windows mail
How do I setup another family with their own email address? I am using windows mail on my laptop using vista home premium. I would appreciate some help. Thanks. The family's ISP must do it, not you (unless they have/get a free Hotmail or Gmail, etc., account). -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net DTS-L http://dts-l.net/ "frankie" wrote: > How do I setup another family with their own email address? I am using > windows mail on my laptop using vista home p...

Cannot logon into the Windows XP Pro
Hello ... I need help. My problem is that I cannot logon into my Windows XP pros. I got the above problem and was able to temporarily fix it by booting from a CD and operated in a safe mode. After that I was able to login into my laptop, I scanned my laptop and didn't find any virus; however, when I fired up the internet applications, e.g., IE or Firefox, I got a message indicated that DEP closed the appplication to protect my hardware because of some potential virus threats. I tried a couples of internet applications and same DEP protection messages came up each time I fire...

Retrieving Windows' color settings
How do I retrieve Windows' color settings? For example, the default Windows Text is black and background is white. How do I retrieve the color (RGB values) for the Windows background? Have a look at GetSysColor API Victor "Charles Tam" <CharlesTam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:811FC86C-4703-433E-B529-A180F46CED79@microsoft.com... > How do I retrieve Windows' color settings? > For example, the default Windows Text is black and background is white. > > How do I retrieve the color (RGB values) for the Windows background? use SystemPa...

how do I run windows 2008 R2 forestprep or domainprep on 32bit OS?
Hi all, We are going to introduce the new windows 2008 R2 DC to our windows 2003 32bit DCs with windows 2003 functional level. I need to run forestprep and domainprep in the windows 2003 schema master. Can I run the R2 64bit forestprep and domainprep on the windows 2003 32bit domain controllers? Thank you! From a Windows 2008 R2 CD. In the Support\AdPrep folder there are 2 version of the adprep.. Adprep.exe -- the 64x version Adprep32.exe -- the 32x version. Use the adprep32.exe on your 2003 32x domain controllers. Allan On 4/12/10 5:14 PM, in article 107D855E...

CRM 1.2 and Windows Server 2003 SP1
Hi, Has anyone tried Service Pack 1 for 2003 Server with CRM 1.2. Is is ok to apply? Or are there some issues that need to be addressed first? Thanks Tom I am looking for the same info >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Has anyone tried Service Pack 1 for 2003 Server with CRM 1.2. > >Is is ok to apply? Or are there some issues that need to be addressed first? > >Thanks > >Tom > > > >. > I have updated my server and now i get an error when opening CRM : HTTP 500 - Internal server error I'm investigating why Nico "Ken Foster&...