Disabled Person Needs Icons to work

Hi,

My sister is a quadraplegic and and is running win7 64bit on a dell laptop
Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts do not work.
She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few clicks as possible.
I have tried to find the solution but I have have not. Can someone help?

0
Deb
3/5/2010 8:11:17 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that
nothing happens?  Is she using a mouse or the touchpad?

Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem?  Has this been
happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7?  Or, did
it just start after something was installed or updated?

On 2010-03-05 15:11, Deb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My sister is a quadraplegic and and is running win7 64bit on a dell
> laptop Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts
> do not work. She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few
> clicks as possible. I have tried to find the solution but I have have
> not. Can someone help?
0
Bobby
3/5/2010 9:35:08 PM
has accessibility enabled ?
 single click enabled in explorer- tools- option, general tab?

0
GS
3/11/2010 6:21:47 AM
Thank you for your help! Yes this has pretty much happended off and on since
she had the laptop. She is using a mouse. She using a "dot" on her forhead
which is read by a tracker type webcam looking device. She has an onscreen
keyboard (softtype 4.2 by Origin www.orin.com) with commands on it and she
hoovers to click if that make since. But it happens when I use a mouse as
well. They just do not work on a regulalr basis. She is using windows 7.

"Bobby Johnson" <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that nothing
> happens?  Is she using a mouse or the touchpad?
>
> Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem?  Has this been
> happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7?  Or, did
> it just start after something was installed or updated?
>

> On 2010-03-05 15:11, Deb wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My sister is a quadraplegic and and is running win7 64bit on a dell
>> laptop Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts
>> do not work. She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few
>> clicks as possible. I have tried to find the solution but I have have
>> not. Can someone help?

0
Deb
3/18/2010 12:19:15 AM
This sounds like it's the SoftType software that's at fault and not
Windows 7.  The Orin website does not provide much information about
compatibility, so it's not clear if this software is in fact compatible
with Windows 7.

You need to contact Orin and ask them about this.

On 2010-03-17 20:19, Deb wrote:
> Thank you for your help! Yes this has pretty much happended off and on
> since she had the laptop. She is using a mouse. She using a "dot" on her
> forhead which is read by a tracker type webcam looking device. She has
> an onscreen keyboard (softtype 4.2 by Origin www.orin.com) with commands
> on it and she hoovers to click if that make since. But it happens when I
> use a mouse as well. They just do not work on a regulalr basis. She is
> using windows 7.
>
> "Bobby Johnson" <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that
>> nothing happens? Is she using a mouse or the touchpad?
>>
>> Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem? Has this been
>> happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7? Or,
>> did it just start after something was installed or updated?
>>

>> On 2010-03-05 15:11, Deb wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> My sister is a quadraplegic and and is running win7 64bit on a dell
>>> laptop Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts
>>> do not work. She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few
>>> clicks as possible. I have tried to find the solution but I have have
>>> not. Can someone help?

0
Bobby
3/18/2010 10:41:31 AM
P.S.

The problem most likely that it is not Windows 7 64-bit compatible.  I
finally located some documentation and it states:

SofType for TouchScreens is an excellent tool
for any touchscreen application. It operates
under Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP.

It does not state it is compatible with Windows 7 either 32-bit or
64-bit.  You need to contact the Orin comapny for assistance.

On 2010-03-18 06:41, Bobby Johnson wrote:
> This sounds like it's the SoftType software that's at fault and not
> Windows 7. The Orin website does not provide much information about
> compatibility, so it's not clear if this software is in fact compatible
> with Windows 7.
>
> You need to contact Orin and ask them about this.
>

> On 2010-03-17 20:19, Deb wrote:
>> Thank you for your help! Yes this has pretty much happended off and on
>> since she had the laptop. She is using a mouse. She using a "dot" on her
>> forhead which is read by a tracker type webcam looking device. She has
>> an onscreen keyboard (softtype 4.2 by Origin www.orin.com) with commands
>> on it and she hoovers to click if that make since. But it happens when I
>> use a mouse as well. They just do not work on a regulalr basis. She is
>> using windows 7.
>>
>> "Bobby Johnson" <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that
>>> nothing happens? Is she using a mouse or the touchpad?
>>>
>>> Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem? Has this been
>>> happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7? Or,
>>> did it just start after something was installed or updated?

0
Bobby
3/18/2010 10:52:06 AM
Oh yes I will contact them ab out softype.......but I ran into another
problem. She clicked on an adobe file and all the icons on the desktop
changed to and adobe file and now nother works. I have been doing a search
and I am just not sure of the best fix. Does micorsoft have one?

> P.S.
>
> The problem most likely that it is not Windows 7 64-bit compatible.  I
> finally located some documentation and it states:
>
> SofType for TouchScreens is an excellent tool
> for any touchscreen application. It operates
> under Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP.
>
> It does not state it is compatible with Windows 7 either 32-bit or 64-bit.
> You need to contact the Orin comapny for assistance.
>

> On 2010-03-18 06:41, Bobby Johnson wrote:
>> This sounds like it's the SoftType software that's at fault and not
>> Windows 7. The Orin website does not provide much information about
>> compatibility, so it's not clear if this software is in fact compatible
>> with Windows 7.
>>
>> You need to contact Orin and ask them about this.
>>

>> On 2010-03-17 20:19, Deb wrote:
>>> Thank you for your help! Yes this has pretty much happended off and on
>>> since she had the laptop. She is using a mouse. She using a "dot" on her
>>> forhead which is read by a tracker type webcam looking device. She has
>>> an onscreen keyboard (softtype 4.2 by Origin www.orin.com) with commands
>>> on it and she hoovers to click if that make since. But it happens when I
>>> use a mouse as well. They just do not work on a regulalr basis. She is
>>> using windows 7.
>>>
>>> "Bobby Johnson" <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Deb

OWA Exch 2003 Not Working
I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to do http://127.0.0.1/Exchange and also http://servername/Exchange and I get the same message. Did OWA not install right. On 14 Mar, 13:01, Jeff <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and > when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to dohttp://127.0.0.1/Exchangeand alsohttp://servername/Exchangeand I get the > same message. Did OWA no...

Need Syntax for "AND" to Evaluate 2 Cells
I need to evaluate 2 cells while inside an "Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)". I thought AND would work but I cannot get it to work; I receive a syntax error on the AND(Range... line. Can someone please provide me the proper syntax to evaluate the 2 cells? Here's my code... Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then And(Range("I3") <> "", Range("K4") = "") Then Range("K4") = Range("K3") End...

Need to import EDI file
Hello. I have an EDI TS-130 file (academic transcript) that I would like to import into Access 2003. Is this possible to do for free? If so, how? ...

You wont believe this! SERVER DOWN
I was helping the operations/it director to get RPC over HTTP going on their exchange server for a company I use to be the sys admin for. The ops/it director was doing the add/remove programs portion to add rpc over http there, somehow in the process of doing this he managed to uninstall IIS -or- just NNTP and SMTP (I can't figure out which and he claims he did neither). Long story short, I've reinstalled NNTP and SMTP, reconfigured SMTP to the best recollection I have of the previous config and the server still refuses to send/receive email, even internally. All services are s...

Connect/work offline/cancel message
In outlook 2003 connecting to SBS/Exchange 2003 server, get message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode you can connect, work offline, or cancel. This is only happening in a few computers on the network after implementing SBS 2003 with Outlook and Exchange 2003. ...

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

Mailbox needs reducing
We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no limits, it's now 11GB!! Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and do it, can Exchange do it? In news:euNRN1iPHHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Gonzo <no@no.com> typed: > We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no > limits, it's now 11GB!! > > Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and > do it, can Exchange do it? Presuming you're not on 5x or earlier, you can use mailbox management policies to get rid of items ol...

Color not working
I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am no longer able to format my cells with colors, either shading or text coloring. I have run the repair feature, but it didn't work. Bold, Underline, and similar functions still work. Please help. Thanks. CC Have a look at this: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Biff >-----Original Message----- >I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am >no longer able to format my cells with colors, either >shading or text coloring....

I need help restoring Public Folders
Hi I've been having issues getting Public Folder replication going between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. Prior to doing any work I performed a Backup using Veritas Backup Exec and this completed and verified correctly. I screwed things up and managed to delete some of the public folders on my original server. I'm not 100% sure what I did but it is a mess and the only backup I have is the Exchange backup I created before doing any work. The public folders contain a number of Contact Lists and a very important Event Calendar. I have restored the public folders but when the restore c...

How to remove black frame/background around the icon <1183463901.227455.123960@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com>
Hi, I have created a toolbar using Deskband in Visual Studio 6.0. I have added icons for the buttons but for every icon, I see a black background/frame. Even if I open the icon in MS Paint, I see that black frame. Its like all the icons are sqaure in shape and except for the actual picture everything else is black! I have never worked with icons before and I do not know how I can get rid of this. It makes my toolbar look very ugly. Please somebody help EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Normally, icons (.ico) files are actually two bitmaps, a mask bitm...

Need help on a formula 05-20-10

How do text capture tools work?
Here are two examples of this technology. http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html http://www.deskperience.com/textcapture/ Sounds like they will have to involve OCR, which works fine for standard fonts but probably won't work with fancy fonts. Key here is to test them try a static control with a TextOut and change the fonts and see what happens. joe On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Here are two examples of this technology. > > http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html > http://www.deskp...

Remote Wipe Out Work with Treo 650?
Debating whether to get the Treo 650's with the ActiveSync built in vs. the PPC-6700 (both from Sprint) for our marketing reps here. Treo's are appealing due to how cheap they are now, and with the ActiveSync looks like you can sync up with xng2k3 sp2 (which we are implementing now). ActiveSync aside, can the Treo's be remotely wiped out with the Mobility Tool in xng2k3? Or is this feature only compatible with Windows Mobile OS? Anyone? Thx! No it can't. Remote wipe will only work with Windows mobile 5.0 devices with AKU 2.0 (formerly MSFP). Treo 650 is Palm OS. -- Be...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

Desktop icons
How can I show desktop icon titles within a rectangular box so that they can be read more easily Not a Media Center related question, repost to the general group of what ever version of Windows your using. -- -- "mbrodell" <mbrodell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48DEC4FA-A773-4BC0-80D1-6D904D6CC612@microsoft.com... > How can I show desktop icon titles within a rectangular box so that they > can > be read more easily =?Utf-8?B?bWJyb2RlbGw=?= <mbrodell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48DEC4FA-A773-4BC0-80D1-6D...

delegate email still not working
for exch 2003 on outlook 2003 newly supporting the above, i did not set up the initial install i created a new user with ad wizard, so it created email account, mailbox, etc i opened up a mail account for the new user in outlook express and was able to receive mail in oe for the new user, then i deleted that acct in outlook express then i added that new user account to an exisiting outlook2003 already connected to another exch mailbox, in the advanced add user section, that newly added delegate user has all permissions the outlook directory tree added the new user mailbox and exch accepted...

Need to retrieve a deleted Excel File
On Saturday I hide an excel sheet and then protected the workbook. When I got into work today to open the file it was non-existent. What do I have to do to retrieve the file? Does it make a difference if the file extension ended with .csv? Thanks in advance! Search in Windows to make sure it's still on your compute -or go to the folder the file is in and look to make sure it's still ther -or If you didn't do this, you might need to to text, which includes *.cs Excel is not set to open this type of file by defaul tj Did you (try to) open the file with Excel. If so : did ...

need some XL URL's please
I would appreciate some good site links for XL how to's and working examples aimed at Novice - Intermediate. Many thanks, Steve Hi Steven: See: Dave McRitchie: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Go to the heading: Excel Lessons & Tutorials (#tutorials) It's just after halfway down. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au It is imperative that the patches provided by Microsoft in its April Security Release be applied to Systems as soon as possible. It is believed that the likelihood of a worm being released SOON that ...

Hide Global.xls (personal.xls) in project explorer
How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want my normal project there. Helge You can't hide it, but you could give it a password: Select your project Tools|VBAProject|Protection tab Give it a memorable password At least the project won't be too intrusive. nankerp wrote: > > How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want > my normal project there. > > Helge -- Dave Peterson ...

ebay - ereseller stook my money
a terrible thing happenned to me on ebay. i am a disabled woman in and eresellers took my money and never sent my washer. his email address is david@tropivision.com. anything that you can do to help would be nice. ebay is doing nothing. i can give a reward This group is for discussing the Microsoft Money computer program. Does it really sound like an eBay buyer complaint forum? Do a google search on ebay and you will find a couple of groups, one of which may reply to your problem. That ebay seller has been selling on ebay for over 5 years. arthur -- On 1 Jun 2004 13:50:08 -0700, (An...

Enable/Disable a Form Control Based on Security Group Permissions
How do I enable or disable a control in a form based on a user’s security group membership? For example: If I have a checkbox on a form (call it box1), I want box1 to be enabled if the user who opened Access is a member of a security group called “Breaker Test Admin.” For members of any other group (except of course “Admins”), box1 should be disabled. Thank you, for your help! On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:57:13 GMT, "BenS" <u35527@uwe> wrote: >How do I enable or disable a control in a form based on a user�s security >group membership? For example: If I have a checkbox on a ...

disable mailboxes
We have a number of Windows users whose Windows account has been disabled. Now the exchange server reports error events for each of those users, because the mailbox is not associated with an active user account. Short of deleting the mailboxes, is there anyway to get Exchange to (reject the mail and) not report error events for those mailboxes. (david) David, Please see: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/NoMAS-Tool.html and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278966 -- - David Aschmann MCSE: Messaging, Security+ "david epsom dot com dot au" wrote: > We have a number o...

I need to round up to the nearest 50.
I am trying to calculate the number of raw material bags I need in a batch. If I use the mround function is will round down. Is there a way to only round up? =ROUNDUP(A21/50,0)*50 or =CEILING(A21,50) -- HTH Bob Phillips "karenm" <karenm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBE54F5E-0524-4DFF-BC52-D966BBEE26E9@microsoft.com... > I am trying to calculate the number of raw material bags I need in a batch. > If I use the mround function is will round down. Is there a way to only > round up? > Hi karenm, First of all, I believe MROUND rounds...