[Windows 7] Move "Show Desktop" to the left side of taskbar, how to? (w/pic)

I want the "Show Desktop" button to be by the start button like it was in XP.
How to do that?

Pic is self-explanitory -->
http://i46.tinypic.com/257qbmb.jpg
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

See
http://www.msfn.org/board/regards-moving-show-desktop-t128691.html&s=beadc2ca061fa0aff6d25b3f0f85f790

On 29/11/2009 13:32, G. Morgan wrote:
> I want the "Show Desktop" button to be by the start button like it was in XP.
> How to do that?
>
> Pic is self-explanitory -->
> http://i46.tinypic.com/257qbmb.jpg
0
Dominic

"Show Desktop" icon has disappeared.
XP/SP3 This used to sit just next to the Start Button, but it has vanished. How can I get it back? Help, Frank "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uWfoCi7aKHA.5156@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > XP/SP3 > > This used to sit just next to the Start Button, but it has vanished. How > can I get it back? > > Help, Frank How to re-create the Show Desktop icon on the Quick Launch toolbar: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190355 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA ...

Show Desktop Alert only for certain emails in 2003
Is there any way to get access to the desktop alert window in Outlook 2003? I only want it to display for certain email - not any spam. Perhaps trapping an event or ??? I don't want to turn it off completely, but I don't want it poping up all the time either. Thanks in advance for any assistance. : ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Figured it out. From M$... "If you are using message rules and a new e-mail message is moved out of the defa...

Moving the Show Desktop to the Left Side of the Screen?
Has anyone tried this posted at the following link? If so, if it does not work or you don't like it, can you get back: http://forums.techarena.in/customize-desktop/1119228.htm Restore classical Taskbar in Windows 7 1. Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and, remove the checkmark from the item "Lock the taskbar; if there is" 2. Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and select "Properties" from the context menu 3. Put the checkmark next to "use small icons" 4. Select "Never combine" from the drop-down menu located...

Show Desktop icon in Quick Launch
Hi, The "Show Desktop" icon/shortcut has disappeared from the Quick Launch folder. How do I restore it? Thanking you in advance. Rajiv K Khandelwal On Mar 8, 6:57=A0am, "Rajiv K Khandelwal" <ra...@vardaan.nospam.net> wrote: > Hi, > > The "Show Desktop" icon/shortcut has disappeared from the Quick Launch > folder. How do I restore it? > > Thanking you in advance. > > Rajiv K Khandelwal This ought to do it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190355 Once it is in the QL area, you can delete the new .scf f...

How to prevent window from minimizing when "Show Desktop" is press
Hi, I'm Richard from China. And I am writting an application that is always running at bottom of all other applications and at top of desktop. It seems something sticked to the wallpaper. It should not be minimized, even "Show Desktop" in Quick Launch is pressed. But i don't know how to prevent the window from minimizing when "Show Desktop" is pressed, because i can not intercept any messages except 0x3e0. But 0x3e0 is a DDE message, I have add some code to it but it did not work. I don't know how to handle. What should I do? Is there any suggestions? ...

Outlook closes when show desktop is clicked
I recently upgrade to Outlook 2003. Now whenever I click the show desktop icon, Outlook closes. Any ideas as to the cause/fix??? Thanks! Steve In news:u6de7CKhFHA.1464@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, tesdahl <tesdahl@cox.net> typed: > I recently upgrade to Outlook 2003. Now whenever I click the show > desktop icon, Outlook closes. Any ideas as to the cause/fix??? > > Thanks! > > Steve I've never seen that before. What OS and SP for same are you running - and is Outlook/Office fully patched? See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx Even...

"SHOW DESKTOP" icon
How do I create the "SHOW DESKTOP" icon so I can drag it to my Quick Launch Toolbar? The online MS help site said to click START and then RUN and then type somehting in notepad but I can't find RUN when I click START. Help! Type run into the Search box. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Feline 1" <Feline 1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61FCC6EE-AB73-4842-812A-B...

Show desktop.scf appears in Outbox
Every now and then, I will see an email in my outbox with this subject "Show Desktop" and an attachment named "Show Desktop.scf." What is this (a virus)? How do I fix it??? Thanks. Tim ...

Show Desktop ?
I've had this new computer for a week, at first the Show Desktop feature worked. Then it only closed the SideBar. I liked the clear Desktop ,(just backround), however I can't get back to the original mode. Does anyone know what settings or changes to make for this feature? Other than that Vista Home Premium has been working well, Thanks for any help, Daniel ...

how to set favorate pictures as slide show desktop background
How can I instal a set of favorate pictures as slide show on my desktop back ground By using software that provides that feature. MS Office doesn't do that. Richard wrote: > How can I instal a set of favorate pictures as slide show on my desktop back > ground This isn't an Office issue. What OS? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:558F73A6-9378-487E-A663-2C0EC2CE1B65@microsoft.com... > How ...

How to keep the application even when show desktop is selected
Hi, I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your daily tasks. I want this application to remain on the top right corner of desktop even when "show desktop" is selected. However it gets minimised.........Any helps appreciated. Perhaps you want to consider "Active Channel Technology" and making your display part of the "Active Desktop"? In article <D580FA88-9C89-4D3F-AB9A-8374A9DE266B@microsoft.com>, Katiyar@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > I am developing an application which is a sort of reminder of your dail...

[Windows 7] Move "Show Desktop" to the left side of taskbar, how to? (w/pic)
I want the "Show Desktop" button to be by the start button like it was in XP. How to do that? Pic is self-explanitory --> http://i46.tinypic.com/257qbmb.jpg See http://www.msfn.org/board/regards-moving-show-desktop-t128691.html&s=beadc2ca061fa0aff6d25b3f0f85f790 On 29/11/2009 13:32, G. Morgan wrote: > I want the "Show Desktop" button to be by the start button like it was in XP. > How to do that? > > Pic is self-explanitory --> > http://i46.tinypic.com/257qbmb.jpg ...