Re: Microsoft is planning on phasing out newsgroups

"Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> kirjoitettu:
> microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,alt.windows98,news.admin.misc  ,,, << 
> some no more!
> 
> When Microsoft  unplug  their  NNTP server it will have a big impact UseNet 
> community  because they are not servers.
> For UseNet community are nntp reserves for the NNTP server and if no NNTP 
> server there be no UseNet nntp reserves!
> 
> Now for subscribe for Microsoft I'm one are you?
> Do you have a Passport for Microsoft?
> And going to a Forums will not kill  you, but for you and your BAD INFO you 
> will get KICK OUT and that a good thing!
> And that why Microsoft  is going Forums!
> 
> 
> "Guy Ninety8" <Ninety8@com.guy> wrote in message 
> news:4BE0A718.C27CE94E@com.guy...
> > Dan wrote:
> >
> >> According to this site, Microsoft is planning on phasing out the
> >> old newsgroups and helping users transition to ...
> >>
> >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=6097&tag=nl.e539
> >>
> >> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
> >>
> >> Microsoft hitting 'unsubscribe' on newsgroups
> >> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20004109-56.htm
> >
> > That will not affect the existance and continued propagation of the set
> > of newsgroups
> > with names that happen to begin with "microsoft.public."
> >
> > Those of you that don't know any better than to read this or any other
> > microsoft newsgroup via the microsoft servers and who don't know how to
> > use alternate servers will disappear, but those of us who use "regular"
> > nntp servers will continue to read and post messages to this and other
> > microsoft.public newsgroups.
> >
> > As I've said many times, Microsoft does not own or control the
> > microsoft.public set of newsgroups.  They don't act as a central
> > coordinator, aggregator, or administrator of them, nor can they censor
> > or moderate them or their content.  Many of you, for some reason,
> > believes that Microsoft does own, control, administer or coordinate
> > these groups.  That is a delusion.
> >
> > If Microsoft pulls the plug on their own NNTP server, they can certainly
> > do that, but it will have zero impact as to whether or not the
> > "world-wide" usenet community of servers will also do the same.  They
> > have no obligation to do so (legal or otherwise). 
> 

Hi,

Could someone advice a beginner newsgroup user how to read and post to this 
and other microsoft.public.newsgroups after MS pulls the plug on their
own server? What should I use instead of "msnews.microsoft.com"?
I would prefer to keep reading newsgroups, than some webforum infested
with loads of advertisements and "eye candy".
0
T
5/6/2010 11:35:58 PM
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
767 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 31

"T.K" <tuomasjk@aol.com> wrote in message 
news:%23wiQiTX7KHA.5708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
<snip>
> Could someone advice a beginner newsgroup user how to read and post to 
> this
> and other microsoft.public.newsgroups after MS pulls the plug on their
> own server? What should I use instead of "msnews.microsoft.com"?
> I would prefer to keep reading newsgroups, than some webforum infested
> with loads of advertisements and "eye candy".

Use one of these. However, they do not carry all the Microsoft Public News 
groups.

News Servers (free) search:
AIOE   http://news.aioe.org/
Albasani   http://albasani.net/index.html.en
CNNTP   http://www.cnntp.org/cnntp   -  cnntp.org
ETT   http://news.ett.com.ua/
http://www.eternal-september.org/
Tornevall   http://news.tornevall.net/
Usenet4all   http://www.usenet4all.se (blocks all posts from Google)
(Just send an e-mail to registration@usenet4all.se you will be e-mailed 
your account information)

http://www.eternal-september.org/
newsadmin@datemas.de     (send e-mail with 5-8 password)
http://aioe.org
http://freenews.maxbaud.net/
http://freenews.maxbaud.net/faq.html
http://www.news.x-privat.org
http://www.x-privat.org/international.php
http://cust.readfreenews.net/   (for posting access)
http://www.news.readfreenews.net
http://www.readfreenews.net
news.readfreenews.net
http://www.newzbot.com/
http://ecalame.tripod.com/free.html
http://www.newsservers.net/
http://www.yottanews.com  (free.yottanews.com) 


0
Sunny
5/6/2010 11:51:09 PM
On 05/06/2010 07:35 PM, T.K wrote:
> "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> kirjoitettu:
>> microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,alt.windows98,news.admin.misc  ,,, << 
>> some no more!
>>
>> When Microsoft  unplug  their  NNTP server it will have a big impact UseNet 
>> community  because they are not servers.
>> For UseNet community are nntp reserves for the NNTP server and if no NNTP 
>> server there be no UseNet nntp reserves!
>>
>> Now for subscribe for Microsoft I'm one are you?
>> Do you have a Passport for Microsoft?
>> And going to a Forums will not kill  you, but for you and your BAD INFO you 
>> will get KICK OUT and that a good thing!
>> And that why Microsoft  is going Forums!
>>
>>
>> "Guy Ninety8" <Ninety8@com.guy> wrote in message 
>> news:4BE0A718.C27CE94E@com.guy...
>>> Dan wrote:
>>>
>>>> According to this site, Microsoft is planning on phasing out the
>>>> old newsgroups and helping users transition to ...
>>>>
>>>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=6097&tag=nl.e539
>>>>
>>>> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
>>>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
>>>>
>>>> Microsoft hitting 'unsubscribe' on newsgroups
>>>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20004109-56.htm
>>>
>>> That will not affect the existance and continued propagation of the set
>>> of newsgroups
>>> with names that happen to begin with "microsoft.public."
>>>
>>> Those of you that don't know any better than to read this or any other
>>> microsoft newsgroup via the microsoft servers and who don't know how to
>>> use alternate servers will disappear, but those of us who use "regular"
>>> nntp servers will continue to read and post messages to this and other
>>> microsoft.public newsgroups.
>>>
>>> As I've said many times, Microsoft does not own or control the
>>> microsoft.public set of newsgroups.  They don't act as a central
>>> coordinator, aggregator, or administrator of them, nor can they censor
>>> or moderate them or their content.  Many of you, for some reason,
>>> believes that Microsoft does own, control, administer or coordinate
>>> these groups.  That is a delusion.
>>>
>>> If Microsoft pulls the plug on their own NNTP server, they can certainly
>>> do that, but it will have zero impact as to whether or not the
>>> "world-wide" usenet community of servers will also do the same.  They
>>> have no obligation to do so (legal or otherwise). 
>>
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Could someone advice a beginner newsgroup user how to read and post to this 
> and other microsoft.public.newsgroups after MS pulls the plug on their
> own server? What should I use instead of "msnews.microsoft.com"?
> I would prefer to keep reading newsgroups, than some webforum infested
> with loads of advertisements and "eye candy".

 You don't/can't to the groups on THIS server > Microsoft. You MAY still
be able to access the supposed group on services that do not honor the
Internet standards and requirements, however you will NOT be posting to
or on Microsoft, and any information/posts will likely be from the least
informed, most prone to error individuals the planet has to offer
regardless of who they might represent themselves as. And without
Microsoft's "newsgroups" Usenet users will have no ready information to
steal and post as if it is their own, hence the level of supposed
competence will be slim, likely of the type and quality found on "urban
myth" espousing sites, or the "tin foil hat" and similar.

 So instead of moving to one of the forums offering further support from
which you can "strip" flash, ads, and other you may not want rather
easily or using RSS feeds or other offerings, you intend to subject
yourself to the mindless ramblings of those who generally need their
medications modified or are suffering from psychotic attacks..
 Basis? Just look at a large percentage of Usenets offerings; or at the
alt offerings for the things you think you want or interest you.

 Good luck.

-- 
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
Windows Info, Diagnostics, Security, Networking
http://peoplescounsel.org
The "real world" of Law, Justice, and Government
___---
0
MEB
5/7/2010 12:12:40 AM
MEB wrote:

> You don't/can't to the groups on THIS server > Microsoft.
> You MAY still be able to access the supposed group on services
> that do not honor the Internet standards and requirements,
> however you will NOT be posting to or on Microsoft, and any
> information/posts will likely be from the least informed, most
> prone to error individuals the planet has to offer
> regardless of who they might represent themselves as.

I'm sorry, but when you post such utter garbage as that, it must be
countered with actual, rational facts, lest others think it's the truth.

The microsoft.public hirearchy is not a hierarchy that's controlled or
governed by the standards (or the cabal) of the Big 7.  As such, there
is no standard way or accepted policy for the carriage of the
microsoft.public hierarchy and even less coordination for the systematic
removal of these groups (because it simply was never done before -
certainly not by Microsoft itself).

Microsoft's desire for these groups to exist on usenet is rooted in it's
decision back in 1996 to peer itself and it's servers with usenet.  Who
issued the original group-create messages at the time is (to me) not
known.

Once created, these groups can not be removed - at least not in any
complete or coordinated way, and also because there is no single
authoritative body that is in a position to create a policy to deem that
they *should* be removed.  Not even Microsoft itself is or can be in
this position.

What we will see are attempts by those that are hostile to Microsoft
where they will generate supposed lists of "current" or "default" usenet
newsgroups where the microsoft.public groups will be erased from those
lists, and there will no doubt be some servers that follow these lists
and will remove those groups from their servers.  There will also be
check-group or rm-group messages that will be sent out by some of these
people (Julien ´┐ŻLIE for one) but for the most part those will be ignored
(no self-respecting NNTP operator honors external RM-group messages). 
Microsoft itself has never, and in this case will most likely not send
any such messages itself.

As for what sort of postings will be made to this and other microsoft
groups once this D-day comes, there is no basis to speculate that they
would be any different than what occurs presently.  

MEB can choose to not point his news reader (assuming he uses a news
reader) to another server that carries this group (such as aioe,
eternal-september, etc) but he can't claim that he can't participate
simply because Microsoft no longer carries the group (but I for one
hopes he doesn't).  The signal to noise ratio of this group will improve
dramatically once he's gone.

> And without Microsoft's "newsgroups" Usenet users will have no
> ready information to steal and post as if it is their own,
> hence the level of supposed competence will be slim, likely
> of the type and quality found on "urban myth" espousing sites,
> or the "tin foil hat" and similar.

MEB is again predicting that these groups will not exist on usenet after
D-Day, and further claiming that some sort of "stealing" is currently
happening (something he has never claimed before, and for which he will
not provide any examples of).
0
98
5/7/2010 3:14:50 AM
On 05/06/2010 11:14 PM, 98 Guy wrote:
> MEB wrote:
> 
>> You don't/can't to the groups on THIS server > Microsoft.
>> You MAY still be able to access the supposed group on services
>> that do not honor the Internet standards and requirements,
>> however you will NOT be posting to or on Microsoft, and any
>> information/posts will likely be from the least informed, most
>> prone to error individuals the planet has to offer
>> regardless of who they might represent themselves as.
> 
> I'm sorry, but when you post such utter garbage as that, it must be
> countered with actual, rational facts, lest others think it's the truth.
> 
> The microsoft.public hirearchy is not a hierarchy that's controlled or
> governed by the standards (or the cabal) of the Big 7.  As such, there
> is no standard way or accepted policy for the carriage of the
> microsoft.public hierarchy and even less coordination for the systematic
> removal of these groups (because it simply was never done before -
> certainly not by Microsoft itself).

 Microsoft "governs" what it owns.

 The "Web" is governed by its controlling bodies.

 Usenet is governed by the regulations and other that apply to it.

> 
> Microsoft's desire for these groups to exist on usenet is rooted in it's
> decision back in 1996 to peer itself and it's servers with usenet.  Who
> issued the original group-create messages at the time is (to me) not
> known.

 And who are you and WHERE were you when all of this was created,, not
on the Internet, not on its predecessor, and likely not on the BBS
services..

> 
> Once created, these groups can not be removed 

 Wrong.

> 
> 
> MEB can choose to not point his news reader (assuming he uses a news
> reader) to another server that carries this group (such as aioe,
> eternal-september, etc) but he can't claim that he can't participate
> simply because Microsoft no longer carries the group (but I for one
> hopes he doesn't).  The signal to noise ratio of this group will improve
> dramatically once he's gone.

 And this group will die because IF it continues anywhere, it will fill
with parties such as yourself...

> 
>> And without Microsoft's "newsgroups" Usenet users will have no
>> ready information to steal and post as if it is their own,
>> hence the level of supposed competence will be slim, likely
>> of the type and quality found on "urban myth" espousing sites,
>> or the "tin foil hat" and similar.
> 
> MEB is again predicting that these groups will not exist on usenet after
> D-Day, and further claiming that some sort of "stealing" is currently
> happening (something he has never claimed before, and for which he will
> not provide any examples of).

 Oh cool, that ISN'T what I said nor what you quoted, did you forget to
delete it for modify the contents as usual. The groups may continue but
will fill with all those messages and users who never made ON TO
Microsoft's servers; all the flames, cussing, and all the filtered [some
which Microsoft let through these last few months just to see what WAS
going on].

 Nor is what I have previously shown right here in this group regarding
you and some of your postings and where those actually came from.

 Now here's a bit of reality.

 I warned Usenet generally about *you* and your postings.

 I warned about what parties such as yourself TRY to succeed in doing,
taking over newsgroups and/or killing them.

 If anyone wants to cast blame for the closure of this server and
service, its because of you and your like; the thieves, the pirates, the
trolls, and people who can not control themselves and act like adults.
That's *you* 98-Virus-XP-whatever Guy. You have a feather for your cap
but you have one less place to spread your trash...

 And here's what I posted to you on 04/17/2010 in the
 Re: upgrade from win98 to winxp?
where you again suggested pirated Microsoft software links and even
suggested stealing a friend's Key for activation.

"Remember YOU determined how this proceeds..."

-- 
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
Windows Info, Diagnostics, Security, Networking
http://peoplescounsel.org
The "real world" of Law, Justice, and Government
___---
0
MEB
5/7/2010 4:09:51 AM
"MEB" <MEB-not-here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%2385glsZ7KHA.3924@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
>  And this group will die because IF it continues anywhere, it will fill
> with parties such as yourself...

Are you aware that MVPs post to other groups not carried by Microsoft
"server" ?
Check out  alt.windows7 for a start.


0
sunny
5/7/2010 6:43:27 AM
Now you say right here:::: Use one of these. However, they do not carry all 
the Microsoft Public News  groups. {{{ Sunny

and I say that they repost here and when there is no more 
microsoft.public.newsgroups there be nom more RePosting by  USENETS!


"Sunny" <wombathouse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message 
news:uesN#bX7KHA.2220@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> "T.K" <tuomasjk@aol.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23wiQiTX7KHA.5708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> <snip>
>> Could someone advice a beginner newsgroup user how to read and post to 
>> this
>> and other microsoft.public.newsgroups after MS pulls the plug on their
>> own server? What should I use instead of "msnews.microsoft.com"?
>> I would prefer to keep reading newsgroups, than some webforum infested
>> with loads of advertisements and "eye candy".
>
> Use one of these. However, they do not carry all the Microsoft Public News 
> groups.
>
> News Servers (free) search:
> AIOE   http://news.aioe.org/
> Albasani   http://albasani.net/index.html.en
> CNNTP   http://www.cnntp.org/cnntp   -  cnntp.org
> ETT   http://news.ett.com.ua/
> http://www.eternal-september.org/
> Tornevall   http://news.tornevall.net/
> Usenet4all   http://www.usenet4all.se (blocks all posts from Google)
> (Just send an e-mail to registration@usenet4all.se you will be e-mailed 
> your account information)
>
> http://www.eternal-september.org/
> newsadmin@datemas.de     (send e-mail with 5-8 password)
> http://aioe.org
> http://freenews.maxbaud.net/
> http://freenews.maxbaud.net/faq.html
> http://www.news.x-privat.org
> http://www.x-privat.org/international.php
> http://cust.readfreenews.net/   (for posting access)
> http://www.news.readfreenews.net
> http://www.readfreenews.net
> news.readfreenews.net
> http://www.newzbot.com/
> http://ecalame.tripod.com/free.html  Sorry, but the page or the file that 
> you're looking for is not here.
> http://www.newsservers.net/
> http://www.yottanews.com  (free.yottanews.com)
> 
0
Hot
5/7/2010 7:14:41 AM
MEB for 98 Guy will END  with the groups. Now that a good Thing  do you 
believe that!   ; )

"MEB" <MEB-not-here@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:#85glsZ7KHA.3924@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> On 05/06/2010 11:14 PM, 98 Guy wrote:
>> MEB wrote:
>>
>>> You don't/can't to the groups on THIS server > Microsoft.
>>> You MAY still be able to access the supposed group on services
>>> that do not honor the Internet standards and requirements,
>>> however you will NOT be posting to or on Microsoft, and any
>>> information/posts will likely be from the least informed, most
>>> prone to error individuals the planet has to offer
>>> regardless of who they might represent themselves as.
>>
>> I'm sorry, but when you post such utter garbage as that, it must be
>> countered with actual, rational facts, lest others think it's the truth.
>>
>> The microsoft.public hirearchy is not a hierarchy that's controlled or
>> governed by the standards (or the cabal) of the Big 7.  As such, there
>> is no standard way or accepted policy for the carriage of the
>> microsoft.public hierarchy and even less coordination for the systematic
>> removal of these groups (because it simply was never done before -
>> certainly not by Microsoft itself).
>
> Microsoft "governs" what it owns.
>
> The "Web" is governed by its controlling bodies.
>
> Usenet is governed by the regulations and other that apply to it.
>
>>
>> Microsoft's desire for these groups to exist on usenet is rooted in it's
>> decision back in 1996 to peer itself and it's servers with usenet.  Who
>> issued the original group-create messages at the time is (to me) not
>> known.
>
> And who are you and WHERE were you when all of this was created,, not
> on the Internet, not on its predecessor, and likely not on the BBS
> services..
>
>>
>> Once created, these groups can not be removed
>
> Wrong.
>
>>
>>
>> MEB can choose to not point his news reader (assuming he uses a news
>> reader) to another server that carries this group (such as aioe,
>> eternal-september, etc) but he can't claim that he can't participate
>> simply because Microsoft no longer carries the group (but I for one
>> hopes he doesn't).  The signal to noise ratio of this group will improve
>> dramatically once he's gone.
>
> And this group will die because IF it continues anywhere, it will fill
> with parties such as yourself...
>
>>
>>> And without Microsoft's "newsgroups" Usenet users will have no
>>> ready information to steal and post as if it is their own,
>>> hence the level of supposed competence will be slim, likely
>>> of the type and quality found on "urban myth" espousing sites,
>>> or the "tin foil hat" and similar.
>>
>> MEB is again predicting that these groups will not exist on usenet after
>> D-Day, and further claiming that some sort of "stealing" is currently
>> happening (something he has never claimed before, and for which he will
>> not provide any examples of).
>
> Oh cool, that ISN'T what I said nor what you quoted, did you forget to
> delete it for modify the contents as usual. The groups may continue but
> will fill with all those messages and users who never made ON TO
> Microsoft's servers; all the flames, cussing, and all the filtered [some
> which Microsoft let through these last few months just to see what WAS
> going on].
>
> Nor is what I have previously shown right here in this group regarding
> you and some of your postings and where those actually came from.
>
> Now here's a bit of reality.
>
> I warned Usenet generally about *you* and your postings.
>
> I warned about what parties such as yourself TRY to succeed in doing,
> taking over newsgroups and/or killing them.
>
> If anyone wants to cast blame for the closure of this server and
> service, its because of you and your like; the thieves, the pirates, the
> trolls, and people who can not control themselves and act like adults.
> That's *you* 98-Virus-XP-whatever Guy. You have a feather for your cap
> but you have one less place to spread your trash...
>
> And here's what I posted to you on 04/17/2010 in the
> Re: upgrade from win98 to winxp?
> where you again suggested pirated Microsoft software links and even
> suggested stealing a friend's Key for activation.
>
> "Remember YOU determined how this proceeds..."
>
> -- 
> MEB
> http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
> Windows Info, Diagnostics, Security, Networking
> http://peoplescounsel.org
> The "real world" of Law, Justice, and Government
> ___---  

0
Hot
5/7/2010 7:20:44 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

how to export a chart from microsoft visio to micro soft excel
...

Re: Helo and local domain name
Tim H. wrote: > "Jim McBee (MVP)" <jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote in message > news:%2393JljOqFHA.4088@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >> Tim: >> I have seen this before. The problem is that when the HELO or >> EHLO is sent with your computer's name (HELO >> local_server.domain.local), the receiving system takes that name and >> verifies that it is good. The underscore character is not supported >> on some Unix-based DNS servers, so the remote system might reject >> the inbound connection. >> >> The good news...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006)
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) (Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

re:Formatting Cells to display...
I could not open the link either... ...

How to re-install Money 2006
I am an idiot and purchased the online version of the delux edition. I went and lost the hard drive in a most wonderfull crash. I had some backups, data not programs so I have the Money data file. I download the 2006 trial version and log in with my passport figuring it would atomatically download the better version. All I get though is that the trail version has expired and to buy the update online. Now I know I am an idot for buying the online version instead of the CD so please do not point that out. Anyone have a cute way of getting me up and running without that whole re-purchase...

where does Microsoft.Xml.Xquery live?
where does Microsoft.Xml.Xquery live? where does Microsoft.Xml.Xquery live? all i can find is a copy of it in the sample project: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvsdev05/html/vs05c5.asp but would like to know where Microsoft.Xml.Xquery should be obtained. There is no such thing -- Stan Kitsis Program Manager, XML Technologies Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "D...

Outlook & Outlook Express, Newsgroups, exchange migration
We recently migrated from one exchange server to another, from mail04 to mail05. The newsgroups are replicating. with mail04 disconnected: In Outlook if i go to public folders, newsgroups ect, and drill down to the folder i am dealing with, i can see 395 items. In Exchange System manager, the folders are in sync, with the same number of items. However, when i access the newsgroups via outlook express, i have a total of 4 messages, even when set to download all messages. Also these are the last three messages to have posted, which all happened AFTER the migration, and one message which is ...

Re: If Formula name equals X, then value is
and you need to know when you are in an Excel group and not an Access one. Sorry all. :-< "David F Cox" <nospam@please.com> wrote in message news:... > As with most thing in life, you need to get rid of the bs :->. > > I think this is one way: > > IIf(IsNull([myfield]),"",Left([myfield],Len([myfield])-2)) > > and I think this another, testing for "bs" > > IIf(Len([myfield])>2 And > Right([myfield],2)="bs",Left([myfield],Len([myfield])-2),[myfield]) > > > "Calop" <calop.bradford@char...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #8
This error message keeps appearing when opening Outlook can someone please explain what I should do to fix it. c:\Documents & Settings \ achavez\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\SBCMSYNC.DLL'is not a valid office add- in. Remove the app from Outlook Addins. Go to Tools, Options, Other, Advanced options, Addin Mgr. >-----Original Message----- >This error message keeps appearing when opening Outlook >can someone please explain what I should do to fix it. > >c:\Documents & Settings \ achavez\Application >Data\Micros...

Microsoft Outlook Error Message: IMAP has received an unrecognized greeting
Hello all and Thanks in advance, My boss just called me about troubles hes having in Outlook XP. Hes working from a hotel room, and his notebook (some dell thing running xp pro) is connected to a public wifi net. From what he says, when he tries to send/receive he gets an error box that says "IMAP has received an unrecognized greeting" or something. I verified that he is running on the right ports for our POP accounts, and was disappointed to learn that for Outlook XP, the test account settings button is different than in 2003 (the version we have at the office). I'm no Micro...

Question re Enterprise License
Hi, Our clients have enterprise install cds, which means upon install, there are 100,000 licenses. However, they have only purchased 50 licenses. Is there some way of changing this in the deployment manager so that they aren't able to exceed what they have purchased? Thanks in advance. ...

Microsoft Exchange Administrator Error Message
Microsoft Exchange Administrator Access denied when trying to contact the Windows NT domain controller. Microsoft Exchange Administrator ID no: c1031029 I receive this error message when I select try to add a new user to a mailbox or when I select a users mailbox. I hit on ok and it brings up properties of the user mailbox. It doesn't show me having a user associated to the mailbox. It shows unknown where the user name should be. I would like to know if any one else has experienced this problem and if so what is a possible solution. Thanks, ...

Microsoft crm server requires indexing service to be configured an
Just trying to install our Action Pack copy of MS CRM 1.2 onto our server running SBS 2003 & having chosen to install CRM, we see the error message above. Clicking OK returns us to the desktop... anyone got any ideas? Regards Colin Foster "Colin Foster" <ColinFoster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0852AD02-E88F-416F-8618-85AB2799E40E@microsoft.com... > Just trying to install our Action Pack copy of MS CRM 1.2 onto our server > running SBS 2003 & having chosen to install CRM, we see the error message > above. Clicking OK returns us to the d...

How to have Word create a new or re-ordered document
I have a large test procedure and when following it, often the user has to back & forth between sections, this means remembering where you were; this often takes time away from actually doing the work. What I'd like to know is if the user could look at a bunch of checkboxes near the top of the document, pick which tests they want to run, click a button and have Word pick each selected section and any referenced sections to produce a "new" document that has all of the sections list and in order? For example, I would start at Section 1 which has three sub-sectio...

Re: Extracting Exchange User Data From AD 05-19-10
If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com >> "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message >> news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >>> Hello All - >>> >>> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >>> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >>> there an easy way to do this? >>> >>> Thanks, >>> Blake ...

Re: How can I stop Outlook to run subsequent rules from VBA function bound to currently running rule
And I thought to use Rule's olRuleActionStop in VBA. . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Re: Forwarding problems
Sorry, That URL will not work try this one: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;900824 Regards -- Ben Hoffman MVP Exchange http://www.exchangeis.com "Ben Hoffman [MVP Exchange]" <ben.hoffman@cdu.edu.au> wrote in message news:... > Hi Janus, > > This Kb might be of some help: > https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;900824 > > Regards > -- > Ben Hoffman > MVP Exchange > http://www.exchangeis.com > > <janus.toendering@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:1147077489.921168.297060@j33g2000c...

Resource scheduling-- How To re notifications to multiple managers???
We have a number of resource mailboxes set up (such as for conference rooms). We'd like the meeting requests for these to go to three different people and we'd like each to be able to see if one of the others accepts/declines that request. Is this possible? How would I go setting it up? [As of now, the requests go to a distribution group that the three 'resource managers' are part of. So they each get a notice. But they have no way of knowing if one of the others has responded.] Thanks! -sd ...

Why is MICROSOFT$DPM$Acct a local account?
Why is the MICROSOFT$DPM$Acct account a local account rather than a domain account? If you attempt to create SQL maintenance plans using a domain administrator account, the SQL agent service will error with the following error (or something similar): 009-11-17 09:00:01 - ! [298] SQLServer Error: 15404, Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'DomainName\Administrator', error code 0x5. [SQLSTATE 42000] (ConnIsLoginSysAdmin) You can get around these problems by changing job ownership. However, if you edit the job, the ownership reverts back to the dom...

Prove this security update from the Microsoft Corporation
--opdgwduqmb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mdtomlyq"; type="multipart/alternative" --mdtomlyq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lakveojvzgkq" --lakveojvzgkq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the security of y...

Re: How to CANCEL file SAVE PROMPT when MACRO is running?
Sorry, I hit send by mistake, Try wrapping the code in Application.DisplayAlerts = False 'Your Code Application.DisplayAlerts = True This works for XL files, not sure about Text Files but worth a try, Regards, Alan. "Alan" <alan111@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:... > Try wrapping the code in > > Application.DisplayAlerts = False > 'Your Code > > "Stuart Macro Muppet" <Stuart Macro Muppet@discussions.microsoft.com> > wrote in message > news:6EB73479-CF82-4258-A2DD-9612CC5939AD@microsoft.com... >>I have created a ma...

Microsoft picture manager error 1635
Can't use Microsoft picture Manager due to error 1635. Patch packet is not able to open. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;812490&Product=winxp -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "bnhome" <bnhome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15F322AC-5534-4611-813A-32A04F7BD439@microsoft.com... > Can't use Microsoft picture Manager due to error 1635. Patch packet is not > able to open. ...

Microsoft Exchange Server reported error 0x8004010F
I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 and Exhcange 2003 running on my domain of WIN2KSP4 + Outlook2K3 clients. Two of these clients are seeing this error "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" I do not feel it is a problem with the server as only 2 of my 19 clients are seeing the problem. Can anyone help me? Paul ...

Re-ordering folder headings and changing text colour
I've recently upgraded to Windows 7 and unable to use Outlook Express, so I'm using WLM. 1. I had a very simple list of folders, and I'd like to delete some of the WLM folders which I won't use, (e.g.'recovered items'). How can I do this? 2. The 'subject' text colour is almost invisible. How do I make it more bold? Many thanks Ishbel Right click on any folder you want to delete and you will see the delete option. -- rhlhamlet Hi, Ishbel. The Recovered Items folder is created by WLM in some circumstances (such as on a rest...

Microsoft irresponsible toward customers
Microsoft's decision to terminate Money is shocking for its irresponsibility toward customers. The company should provide an alternative solution or at least provide support to its customers instead of dismissing them by saying they can easily find substitutes. If it really has to terminate the program, Microsoft should give us a way to transition smoothly to another financial management software. For 10 years, I have been a loyal customer to Microsoft, upgrading Money each time a new version came out. I never even investigated another financial management software, believing that...