Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98?

Looking for Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98SE. Anybody know if there is a
hacked version which works? I tried logging on to MSFN tonight because I
thought a group there had drivers. To my dismay, the account has been
deleted !! Do they monitor and if you haven't logged in for a long time
delete accounts?

Hope someone can help with these drivers!

0
someone
2/4/2010 2:39:14 AM
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

someone watching wrote:

> Looking for Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98SE. Anybody know if
> there is a hacked version which works?

To my knowledge, the last thing that was posted on msfn regarding i9xx
chipsets and Win-98 was this:

------------
I think the Intel 6.3.0.1007 is the last official driver for 9x/ME. It
includes drivers for i915 and i925 chipsets.  Besides exists a modded
6.3.0.1007 for the i945 and more intel Chipsets. You find it on the
czech "Unofficial Windows98 support site (windows98.ic.cz) (good to have
a translation programm or plugin).

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=97140&view=findpost&p=897321
Dec 8, 2009
------------

I have my doubts that you'll get satisfactory driver support for
i915/i925, and I really doubt that you'll accomplish anything useful
with i945 and higher.

And even if you did, you'd have to be running a PCI (not PCIe) video
card to get useful video output.

Get the Asrock Dual or quad-core VSTA motherboard with the VIA PT880
chipset (or any motherboard with that chipset) if you want decent win-98
driver support.
On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 02:39:14 -0000, someone watching
<nospam@bogusaddress.com> wrote:

> Looking for Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98SE. Anybody know if there
> is a
> hacked version which works? I tried logging on to MSFN tonight because I
> thought a group there had drivers. To my dismay, the account has been
> deleted !! Do they monitor and if you haven't logged in for a long time
> delete accounts?
>
> Hope someone can help with these drivers!

I'm not sure; I did find something that sort of worked; it might have been
a 915 driver.
Ah here you are

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-50939.html

--
Nuns! Reverse!
0
> I'm not sure; I did find something that sort of worked; it might have been
> a 915 driver.
> Ah here you are
>
> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-50939.html

Ahh, that may help with graphics, thanks. Will also have to address the HDD
controller chipset issue. 98guy posted some helpful info so will have to
check out that site too. Hopefully we'll find a complete package for the
chipset. If you find anything else please post it (concerned about W98
choking cuz of SATA controller)!

0
someone
2/4/2010 6:29:39 PM
"98 Guy" <98@Guy.com> wrote in message news:4B6AD1BD.3BA715A@Guy.com...
> someone watching wrote:
>
>> Looking for Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98SE. Anybody know if
>> there is a hacked version which works?
>
> To my knowledge, the last thing that was posted on msfn regarding i9xx
> chipsets and Win-98 was this:
>
> ------------
> I think the Intel 6.3.0.1007 is the last official driver for 9x/ME. It
> includes drivers for i915 and i925 chipsets.  Besides exists a modded
> 6.3.0.1007 for the i945 and more intel Chipsets. You find it on the
> czech "Unofficial Windows98 support site (windows98.ic.cz) (good to have
> a translation programm or plugin).
>
> http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=97140&view=findpost&p=897321
> Dec 8, 2009
> ------------
>
> I have my doubts that you'll get satisfactory driver support for
> i915/i925, and I really doubt that you'll accomplish anything useful
> with i945 and higher.
>
> And even if you did, you'd have to be running a PCI (not PCIe) video
> card to get useful video output.
>
> Get the Asrock Dual or quad-core VSTA motherboard with the VIA PT880
> chipset (or any motherboard with that chipset) if you want decent win-98
> driver support.

Yes, in the future I'd like to find the last and best MOBO for W98. For now
I'm working on a new (to me) laptop (IBM X60) and would love to have W98 on
it. MOBO utilizes Intel's 945 chipset (graphics, hdd controller and more).
Thanks for your help. Will have to checkout the website, hopefully tonight.

0
someone

Single driver for Multiple cards with same signature
Hi all, I have developed a windows-xp based PCI card driver.Now I am using single card, with single card my application is working fine.Now I have inserted the second card with the same signature(same VendorId and DeviceId), So how can i access that second card using the same driver. Which function is used for this problem, Can anyone help me regarding this issue, it will be great pleasure. Thanking you. > So how can i access that second card using the same driver. SetupDiGetClassDevs/SetupDiGetDeviceInterfaceDetail in user mode IoRegisterDeviceInterface/IoSetDeviceI...

Quad UART chip
Anyone aware of references in Win CE 5/Win CE 6 samples for driver development for Quad UART chip ?. Any tips will help. Thanks, GS-ICN On 3/1/2010 3:56 AM, GS wrote: > Anyone aware of references in Win CE 5/Win CE 6 samples for driver > development for Quad UART chip ?. Any tips will help. If your quad-UART chip implements four full UARTs that are 16550 compatible, each with its own address and interrupt line you can simply take the standard 16550 driver and configure it for the correct address range and interrupts (you may need to handle INTR to SYSINTR translat...

How to change a driver
Hi, I'd like to change a driver in a automatic way from my app. I'd have to detect if there is or not a camera on PC, and if it exists then to change its drivers for my drivers. How can I do this? Thansk a lot, jige This is hard. Try asking it on microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel, or ask it to someplace like the OSR Web site. joe On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:39:43 +0200, "Nacho" <jige@tele2.es> wrote: >Hi, > > I'd like to change a driver in a automatic way from my app. I'd have to >detect if there is or not a camera on...

Cannot Load Printer Driver
After poking around a bit more, I can print small size envelopes, but not the #10 regular letter size envelopes. Any ideas??? Have you checked to see if there is an updated printer driver available? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "ewife" <ewife@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E41EAAA-CDE1-453D-8D46-E6827A96A81F@microsoft.com... > After poking around a bit more, I can print small size envelopes, but not > the > #10 regular letter size envelopes. Any ideas??? ...

How to Print to a PDF File using printer driver in C++
I have an MFC Win32 client application that needs to generate PDF files. The easiest way to do it is to have our customers purchase and install Adobe Acrobat, and then our program will use the "Adobe PDF" printer driver to output our text to PDF files. From any application like Notepad, Word, Excel, using the Adobe PDF writer works fine when I do File\Print, click "Print to File", uncheck the printer property of downloading fonts to printer--my PDF file is created fine. I need to do this from C++. The user is not going to use File\Print in our app, we need to convert fi...

03 R4I-SDHC.COM FIRMWARE DRIVERS
Hola me he vuelto loca buscando los drivers para mi r4i y porfin navengado la he encontrado. Os dejo de donde he conseguido el firmware para mi r4i http://www.cartuchosdsi.es/wiki/descarga-drivers-firmwares-r4ir4-sdhcezflash-vi-m3i-zero.html Chao ePJ?WmjKbF?w.Og.lqCSw?lB( ...

WinCE 6.0 Audio Driver Question?
Hi, I got a strange problem. I have no idea for it. I have a IXP 425 platform installed a SM502 PCI module. The problem is in the audio dirver. The driver is not workable. BUT ... 1. The WAV1: is up. 2. If I call waveInOpen() API, return error. The error code is "No driver present" 3. waveInGetNumDevs() returns 0 waveOutGetNumDevs() returns 0 I don't know what's wrong. What makes you think WAV1 is up? Do you know for sure that it didn't go back down? Have you done a debug build? That can tell you a lot... -- Dean...

NDIS intermediate driver under Windows 7
I have a monitoring firewall app that uses NDIS intermediate driver. Everything is fine under XP. But under Windows 7, I am able to install the NDIS driver, but the app complains that it can not connect to driver when it starts up. Any hints or pointers? -- Programmer's Goldmine collections: http://preciseinfo.org > the NDIS driver, but the app complains that it can not connect to > driver when it starts up. Access denied? is the app running with admin privileges? --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com ...

Firefly mouse driver
I try to get the sample driver of the firefly working. It doesn't pass the following statements in the sample: hResult = m_pIWbemServices->PutInstance( m_pIWbemClassObject, WBEM_FLAG_UPDATE_ONLY, NULL, NULL ); if ( hResult != WBEM_S_NO_ERROR ) { _tprintf( TEXT("Failed to save the instance,") TEXT(" %s will not be u...

Installing the Device Driver SDK
I am not able to install the Driver Kit. It errors out almost immediately with Error installing Device Simulation Framework Development Environment" I am running Windows Professional with Service Pack 3 and the latest .Net framework (3.5). I was wondering if someone could help me track down the cause of the failed installation. Where can I look in the log file or somewhere else to see what the cause is? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. I assume that is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3? First question is do you want the device simulation framework, t...

Consideration on USB Serial driver and CSerialPDD class implementation
This is a bit long story. I am still working on CE6 USB Serial like driver appears in \WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\USB\CLASS\USBSER. This code actually uses (link) the COMMON Serial PDD implementation serpddcm.lib, code appears in \WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\SERIAL\SERPDDCM. I made a lot modification, expand classes, and even expand PM functions from within "UsbSerClientDriver" class. Most of all, this code base is very helpful but (even after some of QFEs provided) still include defect I think. I will show some of the points below. 1. the destructo...

Detect Graphic Gard and Driver version
Hi, Is there an API which retrieves the Graphic Card name and the Driver version ? thanks, Yoav. "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:%23eL2j$4vGHA.4876@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there an API which retrieves the Graphic Card name and the Driver > version Take a look at WMI and the Win32_VideoController class. -Pete The assumption of "the" graphic card is not really supportable in modern machines. Some now have several graphic cards, and they are sometimes from different vendors. So you might also ask how to find the gra...

R4 ds/dsi firmware-drivers de R4 Sdhc. R4 ultra, R4 new, R4 III upgrade, R4 v3
Hola,, aqui teneis una web donde encontre una recopilacion de firmware o drivers de las R4 Sdhc ,R4 Ultra,R4 New, R4 III Upgrade. R4 Dsi, R4 ui. http://www.r4spain.com/tienda Pinchas en el enlace de arriba y en la parte inferior izda haces click en el boton DESCARGAR, aparecera un menu con muchos driver para distintas R4 DS. Espero que os sirva de ayuda. Saludetes Gorka ...

Using Mac Office on Intel iMac
I am experiencing several problems since I upgraded to a new Intel iMac. I transferred all my files and apps by Firewire from my old G4. Now.... Prob. 1: I get an error message when attempting to open any Office application by clicking on a document. Message is: "operation could not be completed error code -10660". Prob 2: If I try to open an MS doc in an email message it tells me "MS Word failed to open the attachment. Choose an application to open attachment" even though Word is already open. I've never had these problems before and while not terrible they are ann...

Virtual PC attributes for Mac running intel.
I have subscribed to a business newspaper that only produces graphs using activeX. With my macbook running intel I cannot view the graphs or take advantage of other features. Is there a product or a feature that will allow me to emulate a PC? I am using Office 2004 Student Teacher edition. Thanks in advance for your help. Dan In article <1181949056.659823.159420@o61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, "Dan@roseconsulting.biz" <Dan@roseconsulting.biz> wrote: > I have subscribed to a business newspaper that only produces graphs > using activeX. With my macbook runnin...

Similar problems in Word, Excel and Entourage on both I-Mac and MacBook Pro (Intel)
My husband and I are experiencing an irritating problem with Office 2004 on our Macs. When certain commands are executed, like spell-checking certain words in an Entourage message, the programs close down. I can live with it - sort of - but for my husband, who works with huge, complicated spreadsheets, it's hell! Are there certain commands that are "off limits" on a Mac compared to a PC? He's the last of our family to have converted to Mac. Kind regards, N=E9n=E9 This is not normal and you should not have to live with it. When you say spell-checking, do you mean right-cli...

Long delay when using ADO and CRichEditCtrl in W98
Hello, VC++ 6, MFC, SP5, W98, ADO (msado15.dll), SDI with doc view. Recently when using ADO (Opening a cconnection, reading records, deleting them and closing the connectio in a .mdb file throught a _ConnectionPtr) and subsequently changing the CFormView derived view in the SDI app which results in doing a DestroyWindow on a CRichEditCtrl I have got a delay of about 10 seconds where my app seems to be frozen. After the 10 seconds everything is fine again. This only happens the first time the ADO connection is opened and closed in the lifetime of the app. Second and subsequent times no delay ...

Which driver matches best
Hi Windows 7, 32bit When there are more than one drivers for one USB device on the system, the setupapi.dev.log states: "selecting best match from just driver store" There is one driver for "NT.6.0" and one driver for "NTx86.6.0" on my system. Why does this system select the driver for "NT.6.0" as best match? And how can I permanently delete old drivers from the system? If I select deinstall driver in Device manager, the driver is not really deleted from the system, because if I replug the device the old driver is installed. ...

GDI hook driver
Hello everyone, I've been looking around for some printer/display driver which can hook a GDI function. I would like to understand how you can 'catch' a function like 'CDC.LineTo(...)' in an application and do something else like saving these instructions to perhaps a textfile. In the DDK I've found some samples like MSPlot (Printer), Mirror (Video). But they're so different from eachother, except from their initialization proces. Now I've read about the Source file, Makefile and the operation when createDC(...) is called. So the basic i...

have a problem with loading printer drivers
Microsoft Office Publishers Cannot load the printer drivers, how can I get through this How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us It might be helpful to visit the manufacturer of your model printer and read the support documents. Could be a corrupt driver... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Markanthony" <Markanthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Generic Volume Shadow Copy Driver Problem
In the last couple of days whenever a SBS backup is started using Shadow backup or a shadow backup is scheduled it fails as it is unable to load the driver. The found new hardware wizard runs and it states that the driver is unsigned and you should not install it. Of course as I am not present to click "Continue" the operation times out and fails. Hello, Thanks for your post. Could you please provide with more information such as the exact error message or VSS related Event log when the NTbackup fails? Meanwhile, according to my experience, you may try to rename t...

As this group seems to be still working, can anyone help me solve a driver loading problem? I have a 1.8 gHz P4, Dell Dimension 4500, into which I have loaded a new copy of W98SE (so I can run some ancient software that doesn't run properly on my XP machine, a completely different PC). I have both the original Dell driver disk for the 4500 as well as having downloaded the 4500's Intel 845 chipset drivers directly from Intel's website. The drivers don't load by simply running the W98SE .exe files on the Dell disk or that I downloaded from Intel. In addition, ...

TCP/IP driver interface
Hi! Is it possible to bind an NDIS protocol driver to the TCP/IP driver (tcpip.sys)? Are there any ioctrls or other ways to communicate with tcpip driver so that my driver did not have to add all the needed headers (IP, ETH)? Or every protocol driver is to implement its own tcpip stack? I need to send multicast messages, thus, winsock is not an option. Any suggestions appreciated :)! Hi, Would this help? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff571067(VS.85).aspx Regards, Asaf First of all you can see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms739172(VS.85).aspx. C...

From SQLite to Excel with ODBC-driver
Hello, I would like to access from Excel 2003 (OS: Windows XP) to a SQLite-Database with ODBC. I did the following steps: 1.) Install SQLite-ODBC-driver: From http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/ I downloaded the file "sqliteodbc.exe" which installs the ODBC-driver on my computer. I saw after the installation on the "ODBC-datasources/System-DSN"-menu three new entries ("SQLite Datasource", "SQLite UTF-8 Datasource" und "SQLite3 Datasource"). 2.) Create an SQLite-database: From http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/ ...

calling application from the driver
We have a scenario in our driver, where we have a 5 msec timer running at the driver level. Driver seeks some information at 5 msec interval from the application. We need a mechanism where driver can either signal the application regularly at 5 msec interval or sholud be able to call the callback routine. Please suggest the right way to di it. Is it possible to use CallBack funcations or events in XP driver ? If so how to use them ? IS there sample available for the same in DDK ? Thanks > We have a scenario in our driver, where we have a 5 msec timer running = at=20 &...