Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98?

Looking for Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98SE. Anybody know if there is a
hacked version which works? I tried logging on to MSFN tonight because I
thought a group there had drivers. To my dismay, the account has been
deleted !! Do they monitor and if you haven't logged in for a long time
delete accounts?

Hope someone can help with these drivers!

0
someone
2/4/2010 2:39:14 AM
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

someone watching wrote:

> Looking for Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98SE. Anybody know if
> there is a hacked version which works?

To my knowledge, the last thing that was posted on msfn regarding i9xx
chipsets and Win-98 was this:

------------
I think the Intel 6.3.0.1007 is the last official driver for 9x/ME. It
includes drivers for i915 and i925 chipsets.  Besides exists a modded
6.3.0.1007 for the i945 and more intel Chipsets. You find it on the
czech "Unofficial Windows98 support site (windows98.ic.cz) (good to have
a translation programm or plugin).

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=97140&view=findpost&p=897321
Dec 8, 2009
------------

I have my doubts that you'll get satisfactory driver support for
i915/i925, and I really doubt that you'll accomplish anything useful
with i945 and higher.

And even if you did, you'd have to be running a PCI (not PCIe) video
card to get useful video output.

Get the Asrock Dual or quad-core VSTA motherboard with the VIA PT880
chipset (or any motherboard with that chipset) if you want decent win-98
driver support.
On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 02:39:14 -0000, someone watching
<nospam@bogusaddress.com> wrote:

> Looking for Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98SE. Anybody know if there
> is a
> hacked version which works? I tried logging on to MSFN tonight because I
> thought a group there had drivers. To my dismay, the account has been
> deleted !! Do they monitor and if you haven't logged in for a long time
> delete accounts?
>
> Hope someone can help with these drivers!

I'm not sure; I did find something that sort of worked; it might have been
a 915 driver.
Ah here you are

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-50939.html

--
Nuns! Reverse!
0
> I'm not sure; I did find something that sort of worked; it might have been
> a 915 driver.
> Ah here you are
>
> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-50939.html

Ahh, that may help with graphics, thanks. Will also have to address the HDD
controller chipset issue. 98guy posted some helpful info so will have to
check out that site too. Hopefully we'll find a complete package for the
chipset. If you find anything else please post it (concerned about W98
choking cuz of SATA controller)!

0
someone
2/4/2010 6:29:39 PM
"98 Guy" <98@Guy.com> wrote in message news:4B6AD1BD.3BA715A@Guy.com...
> someone watching wrote:
>
>> Looking for Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98SE. Anybody know if
>> there is a hacked version which works?
>
> To my knowledge, the last thing that was posted on msfn regarding i9xx
> chipsets and Win-98 was this:
>
> ------------
> I think the Intel 6.3.0.1007 is the last official driver for 9x/ME. It
> includes drivers for i915 and i925 chipsets.  Besides exists a modded
> 6.3.0.1007 for the i945 and more intel Chipsets. You find it on the
> czech "Unofficial Windows98 support site (windows98.ic.cz) (good to have
> a translation programm or plugin).
>
> http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=97140&view=findpost&p=897321
> Dec 8, 2009
> ------------
>
> I have my doubts that you'll get satisfactory driver support for
> i915/i925, and I really doubt that you'll accomplish anything useful
> with i945 and higher.
>
> And even if you did, you'd have to be running a PCI (not PCIe) video
> card to get useful video output.
>
> Get the Asrock Dual or quad-core VSTA motherboard with the VIA PT880
> chipset (or any motherboard with that chipset) if you want decent win-98
> driver support.

Yes, in the future I'd like to find the last and best MOBO for W98. For now
I'm working on a new (to me) laptop (IBM X60) and would love to have W98 on
it. MOBO utilizes Intel's 945 chipset (graphics, hdd controller and more).
Thanks for your help. Will have to checkout the website, hopefully tonight.

0
someone

HTTP Filter Driver?
I want to write a filter driver that sits above the Http driver. I'm calling IoGetDeviceObjectPointer() with the name "\\Device\\Http\\AppPool" in a UNICODE_STRING which is one of the HTTP devices (as shown by WinObj). For the access mask I'm passing FILE_READ_DATA. I'm getting back STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER. What am I doing wrong? Better question is: "What are you doing?" Do you have any documentation about the device you are fooling with? I know I don't. Look at the "Windows Filtering Platform" (WFP) documentation for some id...

HP Scanners and Drivers for Win Vista
Good Day: When I check for scanner drivers for models 2400c, 3970, and 4200 on HP's website, it only lists XP and earlier. Do any HP scanner models have drivers for Windows Vista? Will an XP driver work on Vista? What are Vista users supposed to do? *I wanted to add something. When I checked drivers for HP 2400c, HP 3970, and HP 4200 for Windows Vista on HP's website, it showed a Vista driver for 3970 but not for 4200c or 3400c. That doesn't make sense since the 4200c model is a newer model than 3970. Why would a manufacturer create a Vista driver fo...

Ndis protocol driver and windows 7
Hello all, I have a protocol driver that works perfect in windows XP, and Vista, but in the Windows 7 I cant make it binds the same way. If I use the protocol after the machine have booted from a hard drive, its all ok, everything looks just fine, but if I try to boot from my virtual disk ( network backed ) the protocol simply dont bind. I receive a NetEventBindsComplete, but the bind never occur. I have checked the protocol name and all this kind of stuff, and cant find any clue, and as I said, the problem its just when booting, if the machine boots from another disk the bind occur...

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed for u
We upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. we also upgraded our customizations. Unfotunately, we are getting this error. I believe the ADO code is causing the problem and is unable to make the connection to the SQL servier and return a recordset. Any help would be appreciated. We have resolved this issue. "Tremor Olaes" wrote: > We upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. we also upgraded our customizations. > Unfotunately, we are getting this error. I believe the ADO code is causing > the problem and is unable to make the connection to the SQL servier and > return a recordset. Any hel...

I can't get the driver to work for my tp-link usb wireless adapter
I've recently put a fresh installation of XP on my computer. It has SP3 installed as well. It recognises the adapter but it just doesn't work. When I look in device manager I see an exclamation mark beside it. I also get (error code 39) when i try to install the driver again. Please help me, I've trawled through the internet looking for help but nothing has helped. Thanks in advance. On 6/17/2010 2:52 PM, paddy1972 wrote: > > I've recently put a fresh installation of XP on my computer. It has SP3 > installed as well. It recognises the adapter but it...

Makita TD090DW 10.8-Volt Compact Lithium Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit
Price:$278.00 Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=B001DN1T9Y Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B001DN1T9Y I brought this for my husband for christmas. I saved over $200 by buying from amazon.com. My husband loves it. I would buy more tools like this in the future. I own the 18 volt tools from makita and love them then this little powerful guy came around and had to have one powerful for the size and nice to hold all day in a service truck and crain thanks makita This is a great tool, small, lightweight with a lot of power. I own a Makita 18 volt LXT and...

Parameter driver report
Hi, I have created a parameter driver report from account form which opens a quote which works superb. I've been asked to create a parameter driver report opening a report showing all cases to a selected account. I think this would be quite similar but I can manage it to work. The .aspx file in the quote report is like: <%@ LANGUAGE="JScript"%> <% if(Request.QueryString("oType")=="1084") Response.Redirect("/reports/viewer/html/viewer.aspx?id=1890&promptex-Quote="+Request.QueryString("oId")) } %> But this is not a quo...

Milwaukee 2450-22 12-volt Impact Driver Kit
Price:$294.00 Image: http://thediscountguru.info/image.php?id=B001F7BIH6 Best deal: http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B001F7BIH6 Best Impact Driver that Ive Seen & Used, and Incredible Driving Power & Endurance for only 12 volts.! Milwaukee 2450-22 12-volt Impact Driver Kit I use cordless drills daily for work. Typical 18 volt drills have 450-500 inch pounds of torque. This thing is much less powerful. I would say that 350 inch pounds is being generous. I only use it for light fastening (but daily) and after only two months the impact mechanism is broken. I've been pr...

Epson TM-H6000II Printer using Windows Driver with Store Operation
I have downloaded the printer driver from Epson. The receipt prints very slow. It looks good, but takes for ever to print. Does anyone have a clue why? I'm wondering if my dip switches are set correctly. Any ideas on dip switches? Try using an OPOS driver. It may increase the speed. Mihir Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com "Steve A. Petty" <Steve A. Petty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08961FB9-F8D9-4C6A-91E7-E04A035EB4B9@microsoft.com... > I have downloaded the printer driver from Epson. The receipt prints very > slow. It looks good, but ...

Windows XP, Excel 2000: ODBC driver for Visual FoxPro tables
Hi I have some made some Excel applications which are querying data from dbf-based 3rd-party program, using ODBC driver for Visual FoxPro tables(Data.GetExternalData....). Applications are made on Win98 computer, they are situated on shared network resource, and are accessed from different computers - until lately with Win98 as OS in general. There were no problems until we replaced some computers with new ones - with Windows XP installed. For first such computer I downloaded a driver from Microsoft (~ year ago), and it works. But meanwhile I had to replace a hard disk in my own computer, an...

Can't install my HP1220C printer drivers
I have an XP Pro system. Not knowing any better I connected my HP1220C Deskjet to a USB port and used it before I installed any HP software. Now I'd like to install the software that came with the printer. I read many hit on the Internet but still can't do it. When I try I get through a couple of screens where it ask questions and then get a small popup box containing something like "Setup is installing the software" And it hangs ther. For hours. I download from HP - same thing. I remove the Windows mini-drivers - same thing. I guess it is waitin...

not able to install printer drivers
hello, this is mohan,iam facing a problem with the printer drivers hp 1180c, thing is first i installed drivers in windows xp system and after finishing the setup it says the printer drivers cannot be install and i have tryed this uninstalling the driver reinstalled then also same error On Jun 20, 6:37=A0pm, bchandramo...@gmail.com wrote: > hello, > this is mohan,iam facing a problem with the printer drivers hp 1180c, > thing is first i installed drivers > in windows xp system and after finishing the setup it says the printer > drivers cannot be install and i have tryed this un...

[ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.
I am in a Pivot Table in Excel and receive this message when I click "Refresh Data". How can I fix it? I occassionally get that warning when I use MDB files MDB is just not reliable enough you need to move to SQL Server On May 8, 1:49 am, Pinepacker <Pinepac...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am in a Pivot Table in Excel and receive this message when I click "Refresh > Data". > How can I fix it? ...

Load PCI device driver not in "BuiltIn" time
Hi: I had developed a PCI device driver, when it build and loaded from platform builder from "bib" and "reg" files. And driver running. However, this driver still on progress/developing, so everytime the driver was update, the NK.BIN have to deploy to all developers. I had used the "ActivateDeviceEx" API to load another "stream device driver" and driver was loaded and running good. But not the PCI device driver? How and what APIs I could use to load a "PCI device driver" into CE OS? or the device driver have to do something else? Tha...

appcrash on keyboard driver
I go one those MS curved ergo keyboard ku-0462 installed with its driver on vista ultimate I get the following crash upon starting virtual PC 2007 PC SP1 Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: itype.exe Application Version: 6.30.192.0 Application Timestamp: 484e1dd3 Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005 Fault Module Timestamp: 49e041d1 Exception Code: e06d7363 Exception Offset: 00000000000176fd OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1 Locale ID: 4105 Additional Information 1: 42d9 Additional Informa...

Pub 2007 won't print on PS drivers
I have just received Pub 2007, unable to print with my digital printer with a Post Script driver. I had Pub 2000 and it worked just fine. Help! -- Debbie (Church Office) Did you check for an updated driver on the manufacturer's web site? Will Publisher print to the Imagesetter? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2913D987-208A-40AC-895A-45617FBF942D@microsoft.com... >I have just received Pub 2007, unable to print with my digital pr...

Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98?
Looking for Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98SE. Anybody know if there is a hacked version which works? I tried logging on to MSFN tonight because I thought a group there had drivers. To my dismay, the account has been deleted !! Do they monitor and if you haven't logged in for a long time delete accounts? Hope someone can help with these drivers! someone watching wrote: > Looking for Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98SE. Anybody know if > there is a hacked version which works? To my knowledge, the last thing that was posted on msfn regarding i9xx chipsets ...

47 Firmware Drivers R4 Dsi. R4i Dsi 12749
Drivers Firmware R4i Dsi . Firmware R4 Dsi nintendo http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 Firmware Drivers R4i Dsi , R4 Dsi , R4i-sdhc.com jRV?SwIYARR^aK&jTu*AZ.w!r ...

File system filter driver
Hi, Please, describe me how i can insert my driver before any FSD (file system driver) driver in windows 2000. regds vinay I believe you need to call one of the IoAttachDevice() / IoAttachDeviceByPointer() / IoAttachDeviceToDeviceStack() IO manager API's to do this. Anyway post your question to the 'microsoft.public.development.device.drivers' group since MFC group is not the right one for this question. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Vinay" <v.sheel@mailcity.com> wrote in message news:eH4toLh6DHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP11....

NDIS Intermediate Driver Vista Issue
I have inherited an NDIS 5.1 intermediate driver which runs correctly under XP yet with Vista the processor occupancy shoots up as soon as the user part of the application (a firewall) is started. The culprit appears to be the time taken to call the Windows GetIfTable function. To test my understanding of intermediate drivers I built and installed the WDK Passthru Intermediate Miniport driver sample only to find that this exhibits the same behavior. A test app shows that a single call to GetIfTable takes around 3ms yet this increases to 210ms after installing the driver (either my or...

Cannot Load the Printer Driver
I am running MS Vista and Publisher 2003. How come on some projects I can print, but others I get the error message, "Cannot load the printer driver". I am completely hung up in my work due to this error. I can open a new publisher file and remake the design and I still get the error message. However, files that were in existence prior to my upgrade will print just fine. HELP, I'm going crazy and can't find an answer to move ahead and complete my work! Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site of your printer model and looked around for an updated driver?...

TRAINING for printer driver development.
TRAINING for printer driver development. I need to take a good 1-2 week course for making printer drivers using the DDK (haven't done any driver before). Can you recommend me where??? ...

Ethernet driver not working when using KITL
Target board: x86 (based on Vortex SoC) Development Envrionment: Windows XP with Platform Builder (CE 6.0 R3) Boot method: Eboot.bin Problem: Whenever I enable KITL in my OS design (debug/release both), my image boots fine on the target (through eboot.bin) and the KITL connection also works (Remote tools works) fine. However I do not see the network connection icon in the system tray nor I see my network device under "Start->Settings->Network and Dial-up connections" on my target device. I cannot even telnet to my target device neither any website works when IE ...

Windows 7 Driver for Kodak DC4800 camera
Kodak is apparently no longer supporting my DC4800 digital camera. It is working just fine, but I can not download pictures into Windows 7. Issues like this make people reluctant to upgrade to Windows 7. Any chance that i will be able to get a driver for my camera for Windows 7 from Microsoft? Thanks, Jim "DrJim" <DrJim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FC836E5-1FF7-4E61-86E7-223D639C552C@microsoft.com... > Kodak is apparently no longer supporting my DC4800 digital camera. It is > working just fine, but I can not download pictures in...

HDA audio driver issue : Speaker not working.
Platform (x86 based) Atom Poulsbo. Wince 6.0 I am using Realteck ALC269 HDA audio and have a driver also (The driver is a UAM based). The song can be heard very well using the headsets but not through the speaker. The speaker works if i'm running XP or Linux. Now as suggested by the vendor, checked all the values in the verb table. They are matching properly. Now where else I should check in the code ? Any suggestions ? Regards Esha ...