freeware version of MP4 Player

Searching with google, found choices that seem to be only for WinXP,
Vista, Windows 7 platforms

Anybody recommend a great Win98 MP4 Player that is free?

Also, this machine comes up as Win98SE, but can't run Adobe's Reader
for SE, just Adobe Reader for FE. Don't know what that means, but may
be important in the choice of a good MP4 Player.

0
Robert
4/16/2010 1:53:21 AM
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Robert Macy wrote:

> Anybody recommend a great Win98 MP4 Player that is free?

Media Player Classic ?

VLC (VideoLan) ?
On Apr 15, 7:07=A0pm, 98 Guy <9...@Guy.com> wrote:
> Robert Macy wrote:
> > Anybody recommend a great Win98 MP4 Player that is free?
>
> Media Player Classic ?
>
> VLC (VideoLan) ?

Thanks,

right after I posted I simply renamed the video.mp4 video.flv and
SoThink plays it perfectly!

Although SoThink only shows .flv or all (*.*) as selection for opening
a file.

0
Robert
4/16/2010 2:24:51 AM
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:53:21 -0700 (PDT), Robert Macy
<macy@california.com> wrote:

>Searching with google, found choices that seem to be only for WinXP,
>Vista, Windows 7 platforms
>
>Anybody recommend a great Win98 MP4 Player that is free?
>
>Also, this machine comes up as Win98SE, but can't run Adobe's Reader
>for SE, just Adobe Reader for FE. Don't know what that means, but may
>be important in the choice of a good MP4 Player.

I got a program called Homecinema.  It's an addon for Media Player
Classic. Works great in Win98, and also Win2000.
I dont recall the URL I got it from, but Google the the filename,
which is:
MPC-homecinema.1.3.1249.0.(x86).zip

This program views .MP4 and .FLV perfectly, even on a slow older
computer. It's FREE too.
0
anonymous
5/11/2010 6:13:43 PM
On May 11, 11:13=A0am, anonym...@anonymous.com wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:53:21 -0700 (PDT), Robert Macy
>
> <m...@california.com> wrote:
> >Searching with google, found choices that seem to be only for WinXP,
> >Vista, Windows 7 platforms
>
> >Anybody recommend a great Win98 MP4 Player that is free?
>
> >Also, this machine comes up as Win98SE, but can't run Adobe's Reader
> >for SE, just Adobe Reader for FE. Don't know what that means, but may
> >be important in the choice of a good MP4 Player.
>
> I got a program called Homecinema. =A0It's an addon for Media Player
> Classic. Works great in Win98, and also Win2000. =A0
> I dont recall the URL I got it from, but Google the the filename,
> which is:
> MPC-homecinema.1.3.1249.0.(x86).zip
>
> This program views .MP4 and .FLV perfectly, even on a slow older
> computer. It's FREE too.

very happy with SoThink for flv and many other forms to run on Win98FE
gives full screen!
0
Robert
5/11/2010 10:05:34 PM
Robert Macy wrote:

> > >Anybody recommend a great Win98 MP4 Player that is free?
>
> very happy with SoThink for flv and many other forms to run on
> Win98FE gives full screen!

There was a "give-away of the day" a week ago, it was video converter
software from sothink.  It was fully compatible with win-98.  I
downloaded and installed it, and it ran fine.  Sothink Video Converter
2.0 (build 90112).  They're a China-based company btw.

Exchange Server 2000 Version
Good article about Exchange 2000 version: http://blogs.msdn.com/evand/archive/2005/01/05/347023.aspx When I check my version from Exchange System Manager I am at 6249.4 but when I look in the BIN folder my versions are all over the place. 5.0.XX, 5.5.XX, 6.0.249.1, 6.0.6249.4, 6.0.6556.5, etc. Should I have all of these different versions? What version am I actually at? Thanks, bshort1023 On 19 Sep 2005 09:38:55 -0700, bshort1023@yahoo.com wrote: >Good article about Exchange 2000 version: > >http://blogs.msdn.com/evand/archive/2005/01/05/347023.aspx > >When I check my v...

Can't get out of trial version
I needed to move MS money 2006 to a new computer, but I originally bought/downloaded the software from MS. I don't have a key (don't remember even getting one) and thought my passport would maybe activate it when I downloaded the trial to my new computer. I opened up my backup of the .mny file and stayed in trial mode. It didn't so have just the trial version telling my my trial has expired. Any thoughts? How can I get my full version dowload back? In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote: >I needed to move MS money 2006 to a new computer, but I originally >bough...

Versions created by property-only changes
In WSS 3.0, if you have a document library with versioning turned on, and someone edits only the properties associated with the document and does NOT change the document itself, I can see a new version in the version history. My question is, does that new version create a new instance of the document itself in the database? Put another way, if I upload a 10MB file, and then without every change that 10MB file I make multiple changes to the properties that result in 10 versions in teh version history, is that entry taking up 100MB+ in the database because the same file is replic...

New version of Moneydance
Moneydance released version 2010. You can D/L a free trial copy @ http://moneydance.com/ ...

MOSS 2010 which version of WSS ?
Just saw that MOSS 2010 is in beta, does anyone know which version of WSS this uses and are there plans for a WSS v4. Did a search but didnt find any info and a customer wants WSS deployed first half of next year. On Nov 19, 10:01=A0pm, Lobster <anonyu...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Just saw that MOSS 2010 is in beta, does anyone know which version of > WSS this uses and are there plans for a WSS v4. > > Did a search but didnt find any info and a customer wants WSS deployed > first half of next year. It uses WSS 4.0 Actually, it has been branded SharePoint Found...

Won't play MP4 files
I am running Windows Vista and have WMP11. I am trying to play an MP4 file and it will only play with quicktime. Do you have any suggestions? You need to d/l both of these to be able to play MP4 on WMP 11. http://haali.su/mkv - and FFDShow - http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDshow.htm - MP4 is native top Apple/Quicktime. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "wardenami" <wardenami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:985CD6F7-821D-4AD7-8656-1DB68B29B23F@microsoft....

CRM Connector Version
Did I read that the CRM to GP connector was based on BizTalk 2004? Is this the case, and if so, based on the impressive improvements in BizTalk 2006 would it be recommended to simply do the integration manually using BizTalk 2006. I'll qualify that last question with the additional note that we'll be using BizTalk 2006 to integrate other systems into CRM 3.0. Thanks! ...

Older Version Of Excel
Hi, I am sorry for the very basic information here but I am just trying to get a handle on something before tomorrow. The company that I work from currently downloads and Excel application that runs quite a lot of macros, and recently we have been having problems from users either saying that they cannot run some of the macro's which is down as a security issue, but can be fixed by altering macro security levels. The other problem is when people are opening the application they are saying that some data maybe lost and this has never happened before, the main thing that occurs is ...

Upgrade after Trial Version, Money Essentials
I have used the tiral version and it is coming to an end. I want to purcahse it but when I go to the purchase page it appears as if another download is required. Is this the case? Will this download eliminate all the data I have entered? It shouldn't. BUT ALWAYS have a backup strategy for your data because S*** can ALWAYS happen for any number of reasons. Are you really sure you want Essentials (MEss)? Very few users who find their way here have found it a useful solution for very long. Its limitations have brought many users here fairly quickly. And the answer to most of them ...

Version info from resource
Hi, In resource files you can place version information block holding application name, file version and product version. How can I programmatically access this info for my own application? Currently I put in the version info into the About box myself and try to keep this in sync with what's in the registry, but it is cumbersome. Would make more sense if the About dialog window could fetch this info from the registry. Lisa "Lisa Pearlson" <no@spam.plz> wrote in message news:O$fBxmC4DHA.2572@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > In resource files you can place vers...

Retrieving data from my old 1997 Outlook to new version 2007
I updated to Windows 2007 (from the 97 version) yesterday and somehow all the data from my calendar and tasks has disappeared. I did back up before the update but cannot seem to find these. "Gail" <Gail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2269A1B8-B2DB-47FC-9572-1046137444E0@microsoft.com... > I updated to Windows 2007 (from the 97 version) yesterday and somehow all > the > data from my calendar and tasks has disappeared. I did back up before the > update but cannot seem to find these. So where and how did you "backup"? ...

Trial version of Excel 2003 download will not allow data entry
Unable to enter data into new spreadsheet Isn't that trial version time limited? Maybe you've exceeded the trial period???? Excel not working wrote: > > Unable to enter data into new spreadsheet -- Dave Peterson ...

media player
I have a xp operating system and windows media player 11 and when I go on to you tube to veiw a video it keeps cutting out. What can I do should I get another media player? lindalinda <lslinda96@gmail.com> wrote in news:99a74ecb-ee1f-4a53-b9f3-947313357fdd@r5g2000yqb.googlegro ups.com: > I have a xp operating system and windows media player 11 > and when I go on to you tube to veiw a video it keeps > cutting out. What can I do should I get another media > player? www.videolan.org and forget about WMP. It sucks and it's spyware. -- There are...

what is the Latest version of RMS
Could some one please tell me what is the latest version of RMS , I have 2.0.0115 To my knowledge, that is the latest hotfix that has been released. Kinnard Kinnard L. Kohler Retail Management Systems of Arkansas P.O. Box 3332 Little Rock, AR 72203-3332 Cell: 501-412-5686 Fax: 501-374-3636 rmsar@sbcglobal.net "iraj" wrote: > Could some one please tell me what is the latest version of RMS , I have > 2.0.0115 whatever you do, do not roll out the latest hotfix, it slows down comms from a few minutes to over 1 hour per store and regularly times out. Read the forums for ...

new version for 2008-2009
I have Money 2006 and am perfectly happy with it but the stock updates will stop in September of 2008. I guess I have to upgrade. will there be a new version this summer? Only time will tell. I'm wondering if Money Plus wasn't called Money 2008 so they could break the annual cycle and not have the box label spoil the effect. "Don" <don@mytrashmail.com> wrote in message news:B7Sdndbr1ugVurrVnZ2dnUVZ_tXinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have Money 2006 and am perfectly happy with it but the stock updates will >stop in September of 2008. I guess I have to upgrade. will ...

April 2010 Cumulative Update not Updating Farm Version.
I applied the April 2010 cumulative update (981042) to our MOSS farm with SP2 installed and showing version 12.0.0.6421. When I completed the update without errors I expected to see the version number update. My version still shows the SP2 version 12.0.0.6421. Is that normal for this cumulative update? ...

Media Player 11 Flying Off Screen When Opened !
How Can I Fix This ? ...

File Version without GetFileVersionInfo
Hello, I want to add a function to my DLL to return its file version: Is there a way to retrieve the file version from the string table *without* calling GetFileVersionInfo()? or Is there a way to *set* the file version in the string table using another parameter (which I could then retrieve somehow else)? Thanks in advance, Terry Why are you against using GetFileVersionInfo()? tnewton@cbnco.com wrote: > Hello, > > I want to add a function to my DLL to return its file version: > > Is there a way to retrieve the file version from the string table > *without* calling Ge...

Missing OAB Version 2 and Version 3a
Good morning, I am missing the two OABs that are supposed to located under /o=First Organization/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List (OAB Version 2 and 3a). This is obviously creating sync issues and unavailable recipients when using cached mode in Outlook 2003. I have tried to rebuild the Offline Address List (Default Addess List) and received this message: OALGen encountered error 8004010f (internal ID 500034f) accessing Active Directory for '/o=First Organization/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List'. - /o=First Organization/cn=addrlists/cn...

New Version of MFC for VC2005?
It appears that SQL Server 2008 installs a new side-by-side mfc version: 8.0.50727.1833 The one included with SP1 was 8.0.50727.767 Trouble is my application now crashes when that one is loaded with a Unicode release build. How can I set up a manifest that insists on loading the one I distributed with my application. I tried setting up a manifest that said: </dependency> <dependency> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity type='win32' name='Microsoft.VC80.CRT' version='8.0.50727.762' processorArchitecture='x86' ...

add version info to a dll with VC++ 2005 express?
Hey all, according to MS VC++ 2005 Express webpage, resource editor will not available in this free version, is that still possible to add a version info to a output dll file? how to? thanks. "jyan" <jyan972@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180405630.581758.61400@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > according to MS VC++ 2005 Express webpage, resource editor will not > available in this free version, is that still possible to add a > version info to a output dll file? how to? The VERSIONINFO structure can be added be editing the rc file "by hand" with a ...

Is there a canadain trial version of Money 2003 to download and try?
Is there a canadain trial version of Money 2003 to download and try? I need to make sure that there is a fix for purchasing US stocks and dollars can be converted back and forth easily. Thanks. Me No, there wouldn't be, just as foir many countries that omly get internatonal english-no trial too. "Me" <me@here.com> wrote in message news:023801c348ed$d1df0990$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a canadain trial version of Money 2003 to > download and try? > > I need to make sure that there is a fix for purchasing US > stocks and dollars can be converted back a...

full redistributable version of Dotnet 3.5 SP1
Some of our customers don't have internet access on the machine that will run our software, so I include the full redistributable version of the dotnet framework 3.5 SP1. A customer in Germany is reporting that the framework is not installing properly. Does this version not include support for all the languages? Is there a separate location to download the full version in different languages? I tried changing the language setting on this page: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en but the link at the bo...

Inventory Reconcile Version 9
What are the steps now to do an inventory reconcile? Do I have to reconcile something in Purchase order processing first? We previously had 7.5 and project accounting and had to reconcile inventory and Project purchase orders. Now do we just do the Inventory Reconcile? -- Doug ...

Upgrade from Home/Student to full version?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I just installed Office Home & Student Addition before realizing the I need exchange support. Will buying the upgrade DVD work? Without exchange I can't get into my account. On 4/16/08 1:00 57PM, in article ee98ab9.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "chus3r@officeformac.com" <chus3r@officeformac.com> wrote: > I just installed Office Home & Student Addition before realizing the I need > exchange support. Will buying the upgrade DVD work? Without exchange I can't > get into my account. ...