Congratulations! This has been a MEB-free newsgroup for 4 weeks.

We all deserve a pat on the back.  This has been a MEB-free workplace
for over 4 weeks - practically the entire month of June.

As Microsoft turns off it's usenet server and removes this newsgroup
from it's server, we have seen the last of Maurice Edward Brahier and as
this group continues to exist outside of Microsoft we will never again
see him post to this group.  The fact that he has been a fraud and not a
real user of Windows 98 for many months if not years probably has
something to do with that.

His incoherent and rambling posts, written in a particularly obtuse form
of legalese, will live on in the google-groups archive of this
newsgroup, to be a source of humor and laughter for future readers.
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

98 Guy wrote:
> We all deserve a pat on the back.  This has been a MEB-free workplace
> for over 4 weeks - practically the entire month of June.
>
> As Microsoft turns off it's usenet server and removes this newsgroup
> from it's server, we have seen the last of Maurice Edward Brahier and
> as this group continues to exist outside of Microsoft we will never
> again see him post to this group.  The fact that he has been a fraud
> and not a real user of Windows 98 for many months if not years
> probably has something to do with that.
>
> His incoherent and rambling posts, written in a particularly obtuse
> form of legalese, will live on in the google-groups archive of this
> newsgroup, to be a source of humor and laughter for future readers.

Actually I preferred him over you, but not by a whole bunch. His expertise
was much greater than yours, but his way of presenting it was just as bad as
yours.
Buffalo

0
Buffalo

POP3 Question #4
Hi, I have SBS 2003 wiuth Exchange 2003 where I am downloading my email into a global mailbox. Is there a way i can view a log or status to see if mail is being downloaded? Thanks ...

moving files #4
I was trying to copy some messages to a different folder. I right clicked and chose "move to folder" and then inadvertently selected "Personal Folders" instead of a specific subfolder. Now the messages are nowhere to be found. Where did they go? Use Advanced Find and specify one known message as the search item and then select all items modified within your time period. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

New OE newsgroup user questions
I'm new to newsgroups and access via Outlook Express. Where can if find documentation or descriptions on how to really use OE effectively w/ forums. My main question right now is: How do I reply to a reply that someone posted to my new post? If I click Reply Group in OE I get a msg "Do you want to reply to the entire newsgroup. Is this the correct options to add another level of input to my original post, or will this go to every post in the newsgroup? I would also like to know how to do things like: Searching forums for specific words or phrases? Can I se...

Template #4
I have to send about 50 messages with the same subject and to 50 different E-mails, The body of the message contains some instructions and it is the same for all of them and has to be copied to 5 other people.. My question is, if there is a way to save a template with "Copy to" Field (has 5 E-Mails addresses) and the body, I try to do it saving it to Draft but as soon I send the message the draft disappear. Any help would be much appreciated. Fernando This is the way I've done it in the past. Create a new email. Address it..and make it the way you want the template to be...

formatting cells #4
is there a formula to put the work "active" in all cells in a column automatically unless a date is entered to indicate inactive? Thank you Katherine you could test for a numeric input and maybe even put validation on the cells then use something like =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),"","Active") where in this case A1 would hold the date/blank copy down along -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "katie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5975...

How to find which day of the week, this year, a birthday fall?
Hello: I have a database with employee birthdays. (I enter all the birthdays as mm/dd/1900 so no one knows how old anyone is.) I have a query I use to inform the managers what birthdays are upcoming in their department. It so happens that 2007 had the same calendar as 1900 so I didn't realize I wasn't pulling the day of the week the birthday falls for the current year. Is there an expression I need to build or a particular format I need to set? I was using the number format dddd, mm/dd. Thanks. Using DOB as the employee's birthday: Format(DateSerial(Year(Date),Month(DO...

Portfolio view #4
Has anyone had this issue and resolved it? I trade a lot of options as well as stock an mutual funds. The issue is that in portfolio view after a money update has been done manually or automatically several options positions disappear from portfolio and money's price history tracker. I then have to go into the investment transactions list for one of my accounts that I traded the position in and copy the name from "investment" field of the transaction form for one of the trades then go back to portfolio manager and right click on one of my transaction then select record ...

Using CRM 4.0 Enterprise for multiple environments (production, te
Are you using CRM 4.0 Enterprise with multiple organizations such that certain organizations are set up for non-production purposes (production, test, training, development, demo, etc.)? For example, have you set it up so that you have: Production: http://crm.mycompany.com Test: http://crmtest.mycompany.com Training: http://crmtraining.mycompany.com Development: http://crmdev.mycompany.com Do you need to purchase user CALS for each organization, or can one user CAL be used for all organizations? Can all of the organizations leverage the same Active Directory organ...

60 day free MS Office 2007 installation issues
until I receive my new copy of MS Office 2007 I want to use the free 60 day trial but when I try and register the trial key I get a error message that says a communication error has occured try again later??? I need this now and it has been giving me this error all day? HELP!! Was the Trial preinstalled or did you download it from MS? Did you purchase Office on line, and are using the key mailed to you? "HollyZ27" <HollyZ27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D287919-F72A-467F-8018-8C0C2063275F@microsoft.com... > until I receive my new co...

Publisher to PDF #4
How do I take a publisher newsletter and convert it to a PDF file? please respond to my email spanishspringssound@yahoo.com Thank you kelly What version Publisher? Do you have a PDF conversion program? There are free PDF converters around. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter If you are using 2007 Microsoft has a *save as PDF* add-in. https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEF...

create chart from daily data and add trend lines for each week
Excel 2003 Is there a way to create a chart using daily data and create a trend line for each week. The data does not have an Saturday's or Sunday's. My data looks like this. Date Output Input 2/15/2010 229 215 2/16/2010 441 153 2/17/2010 205 43 2/18/2010 283 138 2/19/2010 609 121 2/22/2010 272 136 2/23/2010 373 16 2/24/2010 193 176 2/25/2010 339 358 2/26/2010 533 238 3/1/2010 374 252 3/2/2010 244 269 3/3/2010 306 216 3/4/2010 297 229 3/5/2010 538 202 3/8/2010 235 373 3/9/2010 446 410 3/10/2010 385 335 3/1...

LDAP Query #4
im sorry if this post is in the wrong group how can i create an ldap query to get all the users with exchange boxes inside a specific OU this OU might also have OUs indise it with users that hafve mailboxes i want this to be able to create customized address lists Thank you Address Lists cannot be targeted at particular OUs. You need to use some user attribute that's common for users in that OU - like department, location, company name, etc. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Nazgyl" <naz...

CRM 4.0 Installation
I tried to install CRM 4 and it failed,when I try to install again it says the name of the database already exist,what do I do? -- donn Hi, before reinstalling the CRM 4, just open your SQL database and delete the database and meta database that has been created when u try to install CRM 4 at first time. "Donald" wrote: > I tried to install CRM 4 and it failed,when I try to install again it says > the name of the database already exist,what do I do? > -- > donn Hi Sailaja - For additional information on troubleshooting the installation, visit http://www.micr...

put 4 postcards on an 8-1/2 x 11 in landscape
How do I put 4 postcards on an 8-1/2 x 11 in landscape mode? On the old Publisher, I found a setting in Avery that would do it. I'm so confused now. Are there Avery templates in 2007 Publisher and if so, how do I access Avery templates to accomplish this. It's probably really simple but I haven't been able to figre it out. -- Mary Virginia There is a template for Avery postcards, 4 to a sheet. When you are at "Getting Started" enter 3263 in the "search for templates" space. Hit enter. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a qu...

multiple emails #4
I am receiving the same email over and over again, multiple times -- I delete it and remove delete folder contents and the next time I hit send/receive they all show up again. They seem to be from one sender -- but I can't find anything on her computer to suggest why this is happening. It is as if the send/receive function on her computer is stuck and it just keep sending the same mail. ???? Hi, I think that the UIDL Cahing is broken. What happens with the New Profile in Outlook created through the MAil applet in the Control Panel ? Also, this could be a problem with the ...

"Update in Progress" for 2 weeks now, 8 different brokerage accts
I have not been able to update ANY of my 8 different brokerage accts with 3 different investment companies (Schwab, Morgan Stanley and TD Ameritrade) since 4/28. They all say "update in progress" at the Account list screen. When I click on "Read Call Summary Messages" and go to "Review Update Results" (Funny how the thing you click on doesn't have the same title as the screen it takes you to . . .) for each of these brokerages (Schwab, Morgan Stanley, & TD Ameritrade) it says: "Your last call was completed on 4/28/2008 at 7:35 PM "Your acco...

how do I specify a date range = date(2010,4,1 thru 30)
I am trying to use a header in a formula. In A1 I have the month and year (April 2010). I want to bring in a calculation result from a second page (Daily Log) So I want to know how many guest in the month of April visited. But it has to look up April from the year list. I guess this is what I am trying to accomplish Lookup (A1) April (1-30) 2010 from April Stats sheet on Daily log sheet (A column) add guests logged in (D Column) and result to April Stats B5 I record numbers daily and want to have the totals from one page brought to another page, but need the data to be found...

Exchange Free Busy Calendar
We are funning MS Exchange 2003. I have found that some of our users are computer clocks are set to update for day light savings time and others are not (they are all in the same time zone). Because of this when users send appointments if the person they are sending them to has a different daylight savings time setting the appt shows up differently.(in most cases an hour off for the correct meeting time). If I go around and adjust everyone’s clocks to be the same events the user entered show up incorectley in their calenter. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can correct this. ...

Penny rounding! #4
Gordon, the trouble is not that I can't do as you've suggested, th problem is that almost all the columns are showing errors because o the tiny roundings up in the original transactions. What I need to kno is how to enter the 17.5% in such a way that Excel will ignore thos little differences. I don't care if we pay 12 pence too much tax on quarter million pound bill, but I just dont know how to enter th command "tell me if column 2 is 117.5% of column 1 plus or minus .5%" Is there a way of saying "Tell me if the total in column 2 is outsid the parameters 17-18%&quo...

System Requirements Error when upgrading to CRM 4.0
I am currently working on upgrading my production environment from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. CRM 3.0 is using SQL Server 2000 SP4 so I have restored the MSCRM and METABASE databases on to a new SQL 2005 SP2. I then ran the redeployment Wizard and set up a working installation of CRM 3.0 using the upgraded databases on a new Windows 2003 Server. However, when I run the CRM 4.0 setup, choosing upgrade, I get a few errors in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Database section of the System Requirements screen and cannot continue. The errors claims different objects are missing in the system databse: co...

Free/Busy Public Folder #2
We recently had a move from one Exchange 2003 box to another Exchange 2003 box. There is a lot of information that I think still resides on the old server. Is there a deployment guide that will walk me through the decomissioning of the old exchange 2003 server? Also none of my users can see their Free/busy calendars and I cannot locate this public folder in either of the servers. Can anyone help? thanks, Victor you might want to look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Victor" <Victor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Populate a cell if values in cell 1 and cell 2 match cell 3 and 4
I need help with a formula please. I need to search through a column of data and populate a cell if it meets a condition. For example: IF FirstWorksheet!A2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnAx and FirstWorksheet!B2 = SecondWorksheet!ColumnBx Then populate SecondWorksheet!Cx with value from FirstWorksheet!C2 I have to match up a column of data in one worksheet with data in 2 columns in another worksheet. Help plz. Thanks T- A multi-criteria index n match (array-entered) should work here In Sheet2, Copy n paste this into C2's formula bar, then array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+...

Microsoft ADAM EdgeSync 4 hour for Recipient Data? New usrs must w
I am trying to get recipient information updated manually or more often than 4 hours. Based on the docs: >Configuration data is synchronized at one-hour intervals. Recipient data is >synchronized at four-hour intervals. If you have made significant changes to data >in Active Directory, you may want to synchronize immediately. You can use the >Start-EdgeSynchronization cmdlet in the Exchange Management Shell to start >immediate synchronization. I have run Start-EdgeSynchronization without any errors, but when I run, [PS]>Test-EdgeSynchronization Name ...

lost newsgroup command button
I followed Outlook's help topic to add a "news" selection to the "go" menu. I started "news" from that icon/selection under the "go" menu and all worked fine. My second attempt to open "news" the selection was missing. I tried to reinstall the selection but now "news" is missing from the customize "go" selection. Thanks. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default new...

CRM 4.0 Window Management
Hi Everyone, Particularly with the Web Client - all the complaints I hear from the sales staff revolve around window management, or the absolute barrage of windows they have to deal with when pulling up certain bits of information. Or the confusion that comes from having numerous CRM windows open at the same time. Do any of you have any clever (or otherwise) solutions to this problem? Much appreciated, -ck You could try changing their tabbed browsing settings within Internet Explorer options to open pop-ups in a new tab instead of opening a new window. It doesn't reduce the nu...