Antivirus for Win98 04-09-10

What good free antrivrus still supports Win98 please?  Avast and AVG
stopped.

Thanks

Henry
0
Henry
4/9/2010 7:55:13 PM
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
> What good free antrivrus still supports Win98 please?  Avast and AVG
> stopped.
>
> Thanks

Henry, Did you look at the other posts in this group before you asked
your question?  That's a rhetorical question as the answer is apparent.
There's a thread running here for the past 9 days, Subject: antivirus
for win98

Read it......
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

0
glee
4/10/2010 1:15:08 AM
Henry wrote:

> What good free antivirus still supports Win98 please?  Avast and AVG
> stopped.

Norton Antivirus 2002 is a full-function real-time and on-demand virus
scanner that is fully compatible with Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows
2000 and Windows XP.  Once installed, it can be updated with current
Symantec scan-engine and virus definition signatures using the Symantec
Intelligent Updater package.

Norton Antivirus 2002 is part of Norton SystemWorks 2002, which can be
downloaded from these links:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/19/2010382/NSW02-A.ZIP
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/19/2010382/NSW02-B.ZIP
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/19/2010382/NSW02-C.ZIP
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/19/2010382/NSW02-D.ZIP

The password to unzip each of them is "a".  Each file is close to 50 mb
in size.

When unzipped, you'll get

NSW02-1.piz
NSW02-2.piz
NSW02-3.piz
NSW02-4.piz

Rename them each to .zip.  They are not password protected.

Create a directory (name doesn't matter) and move files 1, 2 and 3 into
that directory and unzip them into that directory.  There should be no
conflicts or warnings to over-write any existing files.

For file 4, move it to the \SUPPORT\IE5 directory and unzip it's
contents into that directory.

When you're done all that, you should have an exact copy of the
directory structure of the NSW 2002 CD.  There should be 10 files and 13
folders in the root directory.  590 files, 41 folders, 207 mb.

To install NSW-2002, just run setup.exe in the root.

Notes:

1) Before installing, you should go to add/remove programs in control
panel and check to see if you have any Symantec or Norton products
already there, including LiveUpdate, LiveReg, Norton AntiVirus, Norton
Utilities, or Norton SystemWorks.  You will probably have to remove some
or most of them, and then re-boot your computer, for NSW2002 to install
itself correctly.  You should also make sure your PC's clock/calendar is
set to the correct date.

2) Once you complete step 1, perform a file-find on your system and look
for a file called "catalog.livesubscribe" or just "catalog.*".  If you
find that file (it will be in a norton or symantec directory) then it
must be deleted before you install this software.

3) After installing NSW2002, let it restart your system.  There are
several settings in NAV that I turn off - like automatically check for
updates, and warn if virus def's are old.  If it gives you the option of
registering the software - don't.  It's not necessary for it to
function.

4) If you click on "Check for Updates" you will probably be told that
there is an update to Symantec Redirector, which can be downloaded but
may not install.  In any case, it's my experience that both auto and
manual updating (liveupdate button) doesn't work, and hasn't worked
since maybe 2007.  But that's ok, because you can download all program
updates and virus definitions from here (Symantec Intelligent Updater):

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/antivirus_definitions/norton_antivirus/static/symcdefsi32.exe

That file always contains the most recent virus definition update.  So
download and run it as often as you want (even once a day if you're
paranoid).

5) After installing NSW 2002, you'll see that NAV 2002 will accept new
virus definition files for the next 366 days.  After that, the
Intelligent Updater will not update the product.  But that's ok, because
all you need to do is un-install and re-install NSW 2002 to get another
year's worth of functionality (so don't delete these files once you
download them!  Keep them on your hard drive or burn them to a CD).  One
thing to remember is that after uninstalling it, you will need to delete
the file "catalog.livesubscribe" in order to re-install and re-activate
it for another year.

6) If you have a large hard drive and/or if you've got a FAT-32 volume
with more than the usual 4 million clusters (perhaps a SATA or USB
drive), Norton Disk Doctor and Norton Speed disk are compatible with
volumes with up to 6.3 million clusters, but not more without using the
command-line parameter /NOLBA.  When using this parameter, the upper
limit for NDD and SD is somewhere between 7.8 and 31 million clusters.
The switch /NOLBA forces NDD and SD to skip the drive configuration
check.  This can also be done with a registry entry by adding a DWORD
registry value named NOLBACHECK at this location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symantec\Norton Utilities

When this option is set to 1, Norton Disk Doctor and Speed Disk skip the
drive configuration check.

Norton SystemWorks 2002 CD includes:

 - Norton CleanSweep 2002
 - Norton AntiVirus 2002
 - Norton Utilities 2002
 - Roxio GoBack 3.0
 - FastSafe (Fast & Safe Cleanup)
 - Symantec Process Viewer
 - Norton Rescue Disk version 15.0
 - Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.50.4134.600

7) NAV 2002 does not require activation of any sort.  Once it's
installed, it will accept definition updates for a 1-year period.  Once
that 1-year period is over, it will continue to function, but it won't
accept any new definition file updates.  To start another 1-year period
of full functionality, all you need to do is uninstall and reinstall
it.  The important thing to remember is to delete the file
"catalog.livesubscribe" prior to reinstallation (the uninstall process
will not delete that file).  Search your hard drive for that file and
delete it prior to reinstallation.  If you have more than one computer
with NAV 2002 installed on it, all you need to do is copy the file
"catalog.livesubscribe" from one computer to another to transfer the
expiry date to other computers without needing to reinstall NAV on each
of them.

8) It's my opinion that Windows-98 systems don't really need to be
running anti-virus programs these days because malware (viruses,
trojans, etc) are usually written to be OS-specific (ie they are written
such that they need to be run on a Windows NT, 2K, XP, etc computer to
function correctly).  The protection gained from modern AV software is
mostly in the mind of the user, because new threats can take anywhere
from several weeks to several months to become incorporated into
definition file updates.
glee wrote:
> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
>> What good free antrivrus still supports Win98 please?  Avast and AVG
>> stopped.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Henry, Did you look at the other posts in this group before you asked
> your question?  That's a rhetorical question as the answer is apparent.
> There's a thread running here for the past 9 days, Subject: antivirus
> for win98

[Whores, culture, think, etc.]
0
PA
4/10/2010 2:14:19 AM
PA Bear [pseudo-MVP] wrote:

> [Whores, culture, think, etc.]

More mental diarrhea from the twisted mind of MA Bear.
0
Ninety
4/10/2010 2:34:15 AM
On 04/09/2010 03:55 PM, Henry wrote:
> What good free antrivrus still supports Win98 please?  Avast and AVG
> stopped.
>
> Thanks
>
> Henry

 Not many that I can find; you are asking for free AV for what is
considered as "niche" software..

 ClamAV {ClamWin}
http://www.clamwin.com/
doesn't include "on-access" or "real time"

Non-free:

 Dr. Web has Win9X support, though not free [the cleanup tool is].

Products for Win98/Me/NT
 http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Products-for-Win98-Me-NT.html

Nod32

Life cycle policy for F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
http://www.f-prot.com/products/lifecycle_win.html
http://www.f-prot.com/products/home_use/win/

http://support.kaspersky.com/wks6mp3?level=3

 Likely others, but not free, or offered without
corporate/business/other OS purchase.

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
glee wrote:

> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
>
>> What good free antrivrus still supports Win98 please?  Avast and AVG
>> stopped.
>>
>> Thanks
>

> Henry, Did you look at the other posts in this group before you asked
> your question?  That's a rhetorical question as the answer is apparent.
> There's a thread running here for the past 9 days, Subject: antivirus
> for win98
>
> Read it......

I'm sorry for being dumb and for offending you.  Would you please tell
me how I get to the thread you are refering to?  I've never figured
out how to get to past posts whether on newsgroups or mail.

Henry
0
Henry
4/10/2010 2:42:21 AM
> glee wrote:
>
>> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> What good free antrivrus still supports Win98 please?  Avast and AVG
>>> stopped.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>

>> Henry, Did you look at the other posts in this group before you asked
>> your question?  That's a rhetorical question as the answer is
>> apparent. There's a thread running here for the past 9 days, Subject:
>> antivirus for win98
>>
>> Read it......
>
> I'm sorry for being dumb and for offending you.  Would you please tell
> me how I get to the thread you are refering to?  I've never figured
> out how to get to past posts whether on newsgroups or mail.

You didn't offend me.  I'm not sure how you are accessing the
newsgroups, so I can't tell you step by step how to find a recent
thread.  Your message header indicates you are using an old version of
Firefox browser to access...but since Firefox doesn't have a built-in
news reader, you must be accessing via a web interface.  Your headers
also show you to be using eternal-september.net....are you accessing the
groups via a browser?

No matter what, whether you look in an online forum or use the
newsgroups, it should be displaying recent posts.  The thread I
mentioned should be shown just prior to your, with only a couple of
other subjects between them.  Check your options and menus in whatever
program you are using.  It appears you may be using Google Groups
through your browser.  If so, you can search the group for a message
with the Subject I mentioned in my original reply.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

0
glee
4/10/2010 3:17:01 AM
glee wrote:
> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
>
>> glee wrote:
>>
>>> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message

>>> Henry, Did you look at the other posts in this group before you asked
>>> your question?  That's a rhetorical question as the answer is
>>> apparent. There's a thread running here for the past 9 days, Subject:
>>> antivirus for win98
>>>
>>> Read it......
>>

>> I'm sorry for being dumb and for offending you.  Would you please tell
>> me how I get to the thread you are refering to?  I've never figured
>> out how to get to past posts whether on newsgroups or mail.
>

> You didn't offend me.  I'm not sure how you are accessing the
> newsgroups, so I can't tell you step by step how to find a recent
> thread.  Your message header indicates you are using an old version of
> Firefox browser to access...but since Firefox doesn't have a built-in
> news reader, you must be accessing via a web interface.  Your headers
> also show you to be using eternal-september.net....are you accessing the
> groups via a browser?
>
> No matter what, whether you look in an online forum or use the
> newsgroups, it should be displaying recent posts.  The thread I
> mentioned should be shown just prior to your, with only a couple of
> other subjects between them.  Check your options and menus in whatever
> program you are using.  It appears you may be using Google Groups
> through your browser.  If so, you can search the group for a message
> with the Subject I mentioned in my original reply.

I'm using Mozilla 1.71 with an agent switcher that makes it look like
Firefox 2.0.0.11.  I'm using the Newsgroup reader in Mozilla through
eternal-september.net.  When I'm done with reading a message or don't
want to read them, I mark them as read and they don't show up again,
so I can't go back and see recent posts unless it's something I
haven't marked as read. So right now in this group I have 6 messages
as not read, and that's all I can get to. Nothing further back than
those. My browser does have a Google search bar.  Are you suggesting I
search for the message title through Google?

Henry
0
Henry
4/10/2010 3:56:10 AM
glee wrote:

> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
>
>> glee wrote:
>>
>>> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message

>>> Henry, Did you look at the other posts in this group before you asked
>>> your question?  That's a rhetorical question as the answer is
>>> apparent. There's a thread running here for the past 9 days, Subject:
>>> antivirus for win98
>>>
>>> Read it......
>>

>> I'm sorry for being dumb and for offending you.  Would you please tell
>> me how I get to the thread you are refering to?  I've never figured
>> out how to get to past posts whether on newsgroups or mail.
>

> You didn't offend me.  I'm not sure how you are accessing the
> newsgroups, so I can't tell you step by step how to find a recent
> thread.  Your message header indicates you are using an old version of
> Firefox browser to access...but since Firefox doesn't have a built-in
> news reader, you must be accessing via a web interface.  Your headers
> also show you to be using eternal-september.net....are you accessing the
> groups via a browser?
>
> No matter what, whether you look in an online forum or use the
> newsgroups, it should be displaying recent posts.  The thread I
> mentioned should be shown just prior to your, with only a couple of
> other subjects between them.  Check your options and menus in whatever
> program you are using.  It appears you may be using Google Groups
> through your browser.  If so, you can search the group for a message
> with the Subject I mentioned in my original reply.

I'm using Mozilla 1.71 with an agent switcher that makes it look like
Firefox 2.0.0.11.  I'm using the Newsgroup reader in Mozilla through
eternal-september.net.  When I'm done with reading a message or don't
want to read them, I mark them as read and they don't show up again,
so I can't go back and see recent posts unless it's something I
haven't marked as read. So right now in this group I have 6 messages
as not read, and that's all I can get to. Nothing further back than
those. My browser does have a Google search bar.  Are you suggesting I
search for the message title through Google?

Henry
0
Henry
4/10/2010 4:04:13 AM
On Apr 9, 9:35=A0pm, 98 Guy <9...@Guy.com> wrote:
<blithersnippage>
> It's my opinion that Windows-98 systems don't really need to be
> running anti-virus programs these days...

Running NAV 2002 =3D not running an AV app
0
PA
4/10/2010 6:03:15 AM
In message <hpotbl$hd1$3@news.eternal-september.org>, Henry
<wa0goz@arrl.net> writes:
[]
>>>tell  me how I get to the thread you are refering to?  I've never
>>>figured  out how to get to past posts whether on newsgroups or mail.
[]
>>  No matter what, whether you look in an online forum or use the
>>newsgroups, it should be displaying recent posts.  The thread I
[]
>I'm using Mozilla 1.71 with an agent switcher that makes it look like
>Firefox 2.0.0.11.  I'm using the Newsgroup reader in Mozilla through
>eternal-september.net.  When I'm done with reading a message or don't
>want to read them, I mark them as read and they don't show up again, so
>I can't go back and see recent posts unless it's something I haven't
>marked as read. So right now in this group I have 6 messages as not
>read, and that's all I can get to. Nothing further back than those. My

I can't speak for Mozilla, but Outlook Express (and Outlook, since it
uses OE anyway for news) has, IIRR, an option somewhere to not show
"read" threads/posts. If you turn that off, it shows unread
threads/posts in bold, and read ones in not-bold. It might be worth
seeing if your software has a similar option that you've turned on at
some time (or is turned on by default). If there is such an option, and
turning it off gives you far too many old threads, you may need to
investigate how it manages expiry. (Most newsreading softwares retain
posts for a set time after downloading them, if only to prevent
themselves from downloading them again; the expiry can be done whenever
new posts are fetched, or when the space taken exceeds a limit, or
various other ways, depending on the software designers. Turnpike lets
me set an expiry time for each 'group separately, for example - I have
most set to three days, and one set to one.)

>browser does have a Google search bar.  Are you suggesting I search for
>the message title through Google?
[]
If the above (turning off hide-read-posts) doesn't work, then
http://groups.google.co.uk/advanced_search?hl=en&q=&hl=en& will let you
type in the phrase (second line down) and the 'group name (tenth line
down).
--
J. P. Gilliver. 27 years experience in the electronics industry - seeking
employment (also computer, tester, trainer ...); email for details: CV at

"Iteration in everyday life: ��  Recursion in everyday life:
Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.     ��  To seal, moisten flap, fold over and seal."
Poo Bear, MVPoo wrote:

> Running NAV 2002 = not running an AV app

Of course poo bear will not embarass himself to explain why NAV 2002 is
not an AV app, especially after you update it with a current Symantec
Intelligent Updater package (which he has no clue what that is).

Poo Bear = clueless.
Henry wrote:

> I'm using Mozilla 1.71 with an agent switcher that makes it look
> like Firefox 2.0.0.11.

Why are you doing that, instead of simply running firefox 2.0.0.20 ?

> I'm using the Newsgroup reader in Mozilla through
> eternal-september.net.

I'm running Netscape Communicator 4.79 to read news (on aioe.org).  I
suggest you try it.

Messages are automatically marked as read after you read them.

> So right now in this group I have 6 messages as not read, and
> that's all I can get to. Nothing further back than those.

The retention of servers like eternal september and aioe are quite short
- 2 or 3 weeks at best.

Don't bother with the comments that you should have read older posts
first before asking your question.  It's an easy criticism to make when
you read these groups every day.  Some regulars here don't understand
that some people access these groups using servers other than google or
Microsoft, and hence will not have a deep retention of old posts.

> My browser does have a Google search bar.  Are you suggesting I
> search for the message title through Google?

Don't bother.

Just download and run NAV 2002 like I posted yesterday.
> glee wrote:
>> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
>
> I'm using Mozilla 1.71 with an agent switcher that makes it look like
> Firefox 2.0.0.11.  I'm using the Newsgroup reader in Mozilla through
> eternal-september.net.  When I'm done with reading a message or don't
> want to read them, I mark them as read and they don't show up again,
> so I can't go back and see recent posts unless it's something I
> haven't marked as read. So right now in this group I have 6 messages
> as not read, and that's all I can get to. Nothing further back than
> those. My browser does have a Google search bar.  Are you suggesting I
> search for the message title through Google?

Here you go, Henry...this thread is from this group, started on April 1
and continued up till yesterday:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion/browse_thread/thread/5f7bd2cf932a49a5/346ab7efb7ef8fc3?hl=en&q=group:microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion+insubject:Antivirus+insubject:for+insubject:win98

If you ignore the name-calling portion of the thread between 98 Guy and
MEB, there is some useful info.

I'm not sure why you can't see a thread that new no matter what server
you use, nor why you'd mark it as read and delete it if it has the exact
subject line you are asking about. <shrug>
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

0
glee
4/10/2010 4:42:16 PM
On Apr 10, 9:35=A0am, 98 Guy <9...@Guy.com> wrote:
> Poo Bear, MVPoo wrote:
> > Running NAV 2002 =3D not running an AV app
>
> Of course poo bear will not embarass himself to explain why NAV 2002 is
> not an AV app, especially after you update it with a current Symantec
> Intelligent Updater package (which he has no clue what that is).
>
> Poo Bear =3D clueless.

<bite me>
0
PA
4/10/2010 6:10:11 PM
Poo Bear, MS-MVPoo wrote:

> > Poo bear will not embarass himself to explain why NAV 2002 is
> > not an AV app

> <bite me>

See.  I was right.
glee wrote:

> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
>
>> glee wrote:
>>
>>> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
>>

>> I'm using Mozilla 1.71 with an agent switcher that makes it look like
>> Firefox 2.0.0.11.  I'm using the Newsgroup reader in Mozilla through
>> eternal-september.net.  When I'm done with reading a message or don't
>> want to read them, I mark them as read and they don't show up again,
>> so I can't go back and see recent posts unless it's something I
>> haven't marked as read. So right now in this group I have 6 messages
>> as not read, and that's all I can get to. Nothing further back than
>> those. My browser does have a Google search bar.  Are you suggesting I
>> search for the message title through Google?
>

> Here you go, Henry...this thread is from this group, started on April 1
> and continued up till yesterday:
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion/browse_thread/thread/5f7bd2cf932a49a5/346ab7efb7ef8fc3?hl=en&q=group:microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion+insubject:Antivirus+insubject:for+insubject:win98
>

> If you ignore the name-calling portion of the thread between 98 Guy and
> MEB, there is some useful info.
>
> I'm not sure why you can't see a thread that new no matter what server
> you use, nor why you'd mark it as read and delete it if it has the exact
> subject line you are asking about. <shrug>

Marking them as read makes them not show up when I next open the
newsgroup.  I don't delete them as such.

As to why I would delete something I'm interested in, I wasn't
interested until after the other thread was done.

A separate question: How did you get the URL for the thread please?

Henry
0
Henry
4/10/2010 8:04:09 PM
> glee wrote:
>

>> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
> snip
>
> A separate question: How did you get the URL for the thread please?

I went to Google Groups Advanced Search:
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search

Since I already knew the group and the subject title of the thread, I
put this in the 'Group' field:
microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
and this in the 'Subject' field:
Antivirus for win98

That's all I entered...just click the Advanced Search button.

If I didn't know which MS group to look in, I'd use this for the 'Group'
field:
microsoft.public.win98.*
or
microsoft.public.*
if I wanted more groups than win98 listed.

If I don't know the particular Subject line, I'd search using words or
phrases, or even Subject if it's a generic enough subject like this one.

Look through the search options there....you'll get the picture.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

0
glee
4/10/2010 9:23:40 PM
"MEB" <MEB-not-here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 04/09/2010 03:55 PM, Henry wrote:
>> What good free antrivrus still supports Win98 please?  Avast and AVG
>> stopped.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Henry
>
> Not many that I can find; you are asking for free AV for what is
> considered as "niche" software..
>
> ClamAV {ClamWin}
> http://www.clamwin.com/
> doesn't include "on-access" or "real time"
>

> Non-free:
>
> Dr. Web has Win9X support, though not free [the cleanup tool is].
>
> Products for Win98/Me/NT
> http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Products-for-Win98-Me-NT.html
>
> Nod32
>
> Life cycle policy for F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
> http://www.f-prot.com/products/lifecycle_win.html
> http://www.f-prot.com/products/home_use/win/
>
> http://support.kaspersky.com/wks6mp3?level=3
>
> Likely others, but not free, or offered without
> corporate/business/other OS purchase.
>
> --
> MEB
> http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
> Windows Info, Diagnostics, Security, Networking
> http://peoplescounsel.org
> The "real world" of Law, Justice, and Government
> ___---

Hello:

In past posts here, others have also mentioned that an older version of
Norman AV remains available.
See:
http://www.norman.com/home/all_products/antivirus/norman_virus_control_single_user/en .
"Any Pentium class PC running Windows 95/98/Me, Windows NT or 64 bits
Windows."

Also mentioned had been NOD32 Version 2.7, although that is no longer listed
as being available from the ESET web site.
"Version 2.7 - Windows 95, 98, ME"
See:
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN358&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1270970597368 .
"End of support for ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7
ESET will begin phasing out support for ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7. On
February 1, 2010 ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 software will be removed from ESET's
website and will no longer be sold. Virus Signature Database updates and
customer support for NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 will be discontinued on February 1,
2012."

You might be able to download NOD32 v2.7 from FileHippo.com (
http://www.filehippo.com/download_nod32/3021/ ) and purchase a license from
ESET. But you'd have to contact ESET to find out if they would allow that.

Cheers,
Jerry

0
Jerry
4/11/2010 7:31:48 AM
"98 Guy" <98@Guy.com> wrote in message news:4BBFD5EC.A6C13441@Guy.com...

> Norton Antivirus 2002 is a full-function real-time and on-demand virus
> scanner that is fully compatible with Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows
> 2000 and Windows XP.  Once installed, it can be updated with current
> Symantec scan-engine and virus definition signatures using the Symantec
> Intelligent Updater package.
>

> 8) It's my opinion that Windows-98 systems don't really need to be
> running anti-virus programs these days because malware (viruses,
> trojans, etc) are usually written to be OS-specific (ie they are written
> such that they need to be run on a Windows NT, 2K, XP, etc computer to
> function correctly).  The protection gained from modern AV software is
> mostly in the mind of the user, because new threats can take anywhere
> from several weeks to several months to become incorporated into
> definition file updates.

Hello:

Regular, and seemly knowledgeable, posters in the
"microsoft.public.windowsme.general" newsgroup have posted that NAV versions
in the early 2000's did not play well with Win ME due to some changes that
MS made in going from Win 98 to Win ME. IIRC, there was a matter of NAV
placing empty files in a system folder that other versions of Windows were
OK with, but which caused Win ME to choke. So while NAV may be appropriate
for Win 98 users, Win ME users should be wary of NAV.

I'm curious about the impact of KernelEx, "an Open Source compatibility
layer with an aim to allow running Windows 2000/XP-only applications on
Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft Windows Millennium operating systems."
Would Win 98/ME users running KernelEx have the same exposure as users
running Windows 2000/XP? See: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kernelex/ .

Thanks,
Jerry

0
Jerry
4/11/2010 7:46:23 AM
On 04/11/2010 03:31 AM, Jerry Martin wrote:
> "MEB" <MEB-not-here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On 04/09/2010 03:55 PM, Henry wrote:
>>> What good free antrivrus still supports Win98 please?  Avast and AVG
>>> stopped.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Henry
>>
>> Not many that I can find; you are asking for free AV for what is
>> considered as "niche" software..
>>
>> ClamAV {ClamWin}
>> http://www.clamwin.com/
>> doesn't include "on-access" or "real time"
>>

>> Non-free:
>>
>> Dr. Web has Win9X support, though not free [the cleanup tool is].
>>
>> Products for Win98/Me/NT
>> http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Products-for-Win98-Me-NT.html
>>
>> Nod32
>>
>> Life cycle policy for F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
>> http://www.f-prot.com/products/lifecycle_win.html
>> http://www.f-prot.com/products/home_use/win/
>>
>> http://support.kaspersky.com/wks6mp3?level=3
>>
>> Likely others, but not free, or offered without
>> corporate/business/other OS purchase.
>>
>> --
>> MEB
>
> Hello:
>
> In past posts here, others have also mentioned that an older version of
> Norman AV remains available.
> See:
> http://www.norman.com/home/all_products/antivirus/norman_virus_control_single_user/en .
> "Any Pentium class PC running Windows 95/98/Me, Windows NT or 64 bits
> Windows."

 As with any "older" version of an AV/anti-malware product, it may
function well or sufficiently for older styles of malware/crimeware,
however, it will likely not recognize new methodologies being employed,
hence the heuristics and on-access/on-demand scanning might give a false
sense of security.

> Also mentioned had been NOD32 Version 2.7, although that is no longer listed
> as being available from the ESET web site.
> "Version 2.7 - Windows 95, 98, ME"
> See:
> http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN358&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1270970597368 .
> "End of support for ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7
> ESET will begin phasing out support for ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7. On
> February 1, 2010 ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 software will be removed from ESET's
> website and will no longer be sold. Virus Signature Database updates and
> customer support for NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 will be discontinued on February 1,
> 2012."

 Correct, that is why I mentioned it in my posting for PAID versions.

> You might be able to download NOD32 v2.7 from FileHippo.com (
> http://www.filehippo.com/download_nod32/3021/ ) and purchase a license from
> ESET. But you'd have to contact ESET to find out if they would allow that.
>
> Cheers,
> Jerry

 There may be other AV/anti-malware PAID support versions available,
however it is also difficult to determine without contacting the actual
provider.

__ In your other post you have questioned the usage of the "kernelex"
modification to install NT only AV/anti-malware into Win9X. When
considering this you MUST recognize that these programs rely upon and
require aspects ONLY found within the NTs to function properly.
 These requirements may/generally include:

* memory allocation areas and techniques to be monitored, specific to
the NTs;
* file accessing methodologies/handling, specific to the NTs;
* user rights and other permission levels to be monitored, specific to
the NTs;
* files and"folders" to monitored, specific to the NTs;
* system handling/services to be monitored, specific to the NTs;
* and numerous other NT OS specific inclusive aspects ALL of which are
required for proper functioning of the programs/applications.

 These aren't programs being "shoe-horned" which can then be adequately
monitored or which can then be relied upon to monitor other aspects in
the OS for which they are NOT designed; in fact, none of these like
activities [forcing NT applications/programs into Win9X] can be claimed
as even reasonably safe (such as forcing installation of WMP 10 and
above, or one of the NT only browsers) as they bring with them unknown
variables NOT being properly identified and monitored, and which bring
with them unknown vulnerabilities into the Win9X OS environment [just as
using Win9X applications in the NTs brings with it vulnerabilities which
wouldn't necessarily be there otherwise]; similar examples: the recent
necessity to "plug" the NTVDM vulnerability in the NTs, and the 64bit
Windows versions being hacked by 32bit malware/crimeware.
 If it were a simple activity, then it would also be a simple matter to
install ANY program into ANY OS and run/use it; of courser we should all
recognize that can't be done. *EACH* OS, and at times even SP level or
version, has its own specific requirements, inclusions, and coding
requirements.

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
Windows Info, Diagnostics, Security, Networking
http://peoplescounsel.org
The "real world" of Law, Justice, and Government
___---
0
MEB
4/11/2010 4:36:41 PM
glee wrote:

> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
>
>> glee wrote:
>>

>>> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
>>
>> snip
>>
>> A separate question: How did you get the URL for the thread please?
>

> I went to Google Groups Advanced Search:
> http://groups.google.com/advanced_search
>
> Since I already knew the group and the subject title of the thread, I
> put this in the 'Group' field:
> microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
> and this in the 'Subject' field:
> Antivirus for win98
>
> That's all I entered...just click the Advanced Search button.
>
> If I didn't know which MS group to look in, I'd use this for the 'Group'
> field:
> microsoft.public.win98.*
> or
> microsoft.public.*
> if I wanted more groups than win98 listed.
>
> If I don't know the particular Subject line, I'd search using words or
> phrases, or even Subject if it's a generic enough subject like this one.
>
> Look through the search options there....you'll get the picture.

Thank you.  It worked like a charm.  I didn't know about
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search.  Is there a URL for email as
well?  I tried email.google.com and got an offer to start gmail.  I
would like to find back email threads as well.  Thanks again.

Henry
0
Henry
4/12/2010 12:45:14 AM
> glee wrote:
>
>> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message

>>> snip
>>>
>>> A separate question: How did you get the URL for the thread please?
>>

>> I went to Google Groups Advanced Search:
>> http://groups.google.com/advanced_search
>>
>> Since I already knew the group and the subject title of the thread, I
>> put this in the 'Group' field:
>> microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
>> and this in the 'Subject' field:
>> Antivirus for win98
>>
>> That's all I entered...just click the Advanced Search button.
>>
>> If I didn't know which MS group to look in, I'd use this for the
>> 'Group' field:
>> microsoft.public.win98.*
>> or
>> microsoft.public.*
>> if I wanted more groups than win98 listed.
>>
>> If I don't know the particular Subject line, I'd search using words
>> or phrases, or even Subject if it's a generic enough subject like
>> this one.
>>
>> Look through the search options there....you'll get the picture.
>
> Thank you.  It worked like a charm.  I didn't know about
> http://groups.google.com/advanced_search.  Is there a URL for email as
> well?  I tried email.google.com and got an offer to start gmail.  I
> would like to find back email threads as well.  Thanks again.

Well, do you have a Gmail account?  You'd need one, then you can search
your own back Gmail email from within Gmail when you are logged into it.

Is that what you mean?
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

0
glee
4/12/2010 2:14:26 AM
glee wrote:

> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message
>
>> glee wrote:
>>
>>> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message

>>> I went to Google Groups Advanced Search:
>>> http://groups.google.com/advanced_search
>>>
>>> Since I already knew the group and the subject title of the thread, I
>>> put this in the 'Group' field:
>>> microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
>>> and this in the 'Subject' field:
>>> Antivirus for win98
>>>
>>> That's all I entered...just click the Advanced Search button.
>>>
>>> If I didn't know which MS group to look in, I'd use this for the
>>> 'Group' field:
>>> microsoft.public.win98.*
>>> or
>>> microsoft.public.*
>>> if I wanted more groups than win98 listed.
>>>
>>> If I don't know the particular Subject line, I'd search using words
>>> or phrases, or even Subject if it's a generic enough subject like
>>> this one.
>>>
>>> Look through the search options there....you'll get the picture.
>>

>> Thank you.  It worked like a charm.  I didn't know about
>> http://groups.google.com/advanced_search.  Is there a URL for email as
>> well?  I tried email.google.com and got an offer to start gmail.  I
>> would like to find back email threads as well.  Thanks again.
>

> Well, do you have a Gmail account?  You'd need one, then you can search
> your own back Gmail email from within Gmail when you are logged into it.
>
> Is that what you mean?
No I don't have a gmail account.  I just want to look back at *any*
email threads.  I use Mozilla for email, newsgroups and browser.

Should we change the name of this thread?

Henry
0
Henry
4/12/2010 4:04:53 AM
> glee wrote:
>
>> "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message

>>> Thank you.  It worked like a charm.  I didn't know about
>>> http://groups.google.com/advanced_search.  Is there a URL for email
>>> as well?  I tried email.google.com and got an offer to start gmail.
>>> I would like to find back email threads as well.  Thanks again.
>>

>> Well, do you have a Gmail account?  You'd need one, then you can
>> search your own back Gmail email from within Gmail when you are
>> logged into it.
>>
>> Is that what you mean?
> No I don't have a gmail account.  I just want to look back at *any*
> email threads.  I use Mozilla for email, newsgroups and browser.
>
> Should we change the name of this thread?

Newsgroups, like the Internet, are public, and so are available for
public search.
Email is private, so no, you can't search email except your own account,
and that only from within that account.

If you have a web-based email like gmail or yahoo mail, you can use
their tools while logged on to the web mail to search whatever mail you
left on their server.

If you use an email client on your computer (Outlook, Outlook Express,
Thunderbird, , a browser with a built-in client, or others), you can
search the email you have saved in its email database by using whatever
search tool comes with the client.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

0
glee
4/12/2010 11:47:49 AM
On 04/11/2010 12:36 PM, MEB wrote:
> On 04/11/2010 03:31 AM, Jerry Martin wrote:
>> "MEB" <MEB-not-here@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Not many that I can find; you are asking for free AV for what is
>>> considered as "niche" software..
>>>
>>> ClamAV {ClamWin}
>>> http://www.clamwin.com/
>>> doesn't include "on-access" or "real time"
>>>

>>> Non-free:
>>>
>>> Dr. Web has Win9X support, though not free [the cleanup tool is].
>>>
>>> Products for Win98/Me/NT
>>> http://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Products-for-Win98-Me-NT.html
>>>
>>> Nod32
>>>
>>> Life cycle policy for F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
>>> http://www.f-prot.com/products/lifecycle_win.html
>>> http://www.f-prot.com/products/home_use/win/
>>>
>>> http://support.kaspersky.com/wks6mp3?level=3
>>>
>>> Likely others, but not free, or offered without
>>> corporate/business/other OS purchase.
>>>
>>> --
>>> MEB

 Well, I missed one [paid] that is still supports Win98, seems pretty
highly rated and functional.

Fully compatible with the following Windows operating systems:
98, XP, VISTA, 2000, 2003, 2008 and Windows 7 (All versions - 32/64bit)
http://info.prevx.com/downloadprevx.asp

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
Windows Info, Diagnostics, Security, Networking
http://peoplescounsel.org
The "real world" of Law, Justice, and Government
___---
0
MEB

Windows mail problem 07-16-10
Tried to log into my optonline account and received the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Can anyone decipher this for me? What is the issue? You should not be using advanced ports or SSL, see http://optimum.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/optimum.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2397&p_created=1237397986&p_sid=ZbGnw*4k&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZ...

crystal reports 9.2.2 02-03-04
I have been working on customizing reports. After I upgraded crm to 1.2 I can no longer access my reports. I tried to install the crystal repors enhancement for 1.2. I am getting an error that I am using crystal reports 9.2.0 and I need to upgrade to 9.2.2? I had crystal reports 9.0 professional edition installed on my computer also. I removed that and then tried to install the crm 1.2 crystal reports enhancement and I am getting the same errors. Please help. Thank you It seems that CRM requires a very specific version of crystal reports ie 9.2.2 Microsoft have told me that you ...

RESOURCE USAGE 03-21-10
I work with a calendar that is setting 9 hours work/day for all the resources. In the resource usage I see that more than 8 hours of work is shown in red, but also sometimes all kinds of hours like 4.5, 5.6, 4.8 hs is red as well, even though is a normal working day. What is going on here???? txs A couple of things: 1) Are you sure the resource calendars are also set to 9 hours per day? If not, they would show up overallocated when assigned to 9 hours of tasks. 2) Project calculates overallocations to the minute. If you have two tasks, both assigned to the same resource...

Windows installer problem 04-08-10
Hi All, After login to windows xp, on screen displayed windows installer and nothing showing on screen .Any reply will be appreciated. Best regards Anji Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Was the computer fully patched at Windows Update when this problem started? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another)...

$10,000 a week, as much as $40,000 a month or even up to $500,000 a year!
1) Though multi-level Marketing has been near and dear to many for more than 50 years, 95% of those who trusted it have failed. 2) They failed because most people simply cannot close sales. Without closing they cannot recruit. 3) Without recruiting, duplication cannot happen. Even the 5% who CAN recruit cannot achieve their full potential without duplication. 4) None of the hype, recruiting systems, replicated websites, interruption marketing, sexy products, exotic compensation plans, training kits, books, tapes, seminars, conference calls, or "heavy hitters" have been able to...

Exchange 5.5 #10
I followed the article suggested and identified the last committed log. When I go to the transaction log folder, however, there are no back logs to move. The only logs in the folder are edb.log, edb0264D.log (last known committed log), res1.log and res2.log. The article says not to move the edb.log, res1.log or res2.log, just move any logs older than the last one committed, but there aren't any. Any more suggestions? Thanks! ...

unable to log in 11-29-09
I am unable to access my windows mail, it has started asking me for my user name and password and i have tried every combination and i cant get in, i use AVG free version 9 fro virus protection - i read in another message this can sometimes affect it. i am getting the same message as the other person who had the same problem, they were using norton anti virus. can you help me please First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail. If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing is acco...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 11-24-09
I can no longer access Microsoft Outlook since having ran out of memory on the C:\ After deleting some and letting the disk clean up porgram delete some other files I now receive this error message. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window" Can anyone help me please - Thank you By memory I guess you mean hard disk space. If you have less than 15% of free space you will run into other win problems - time for a new larger disk? Try Run outlook.exe /resetnavepane (note space between exe /) "Rita" <Rita@discussions.micro...

Formula Help 02-02-10
How do I enter a formula to look at a number and based on calculation round up or down to nearest hundreth? For example 421 would round down to 400 while 573 would round up to 600. try =round(a1,-2) where A1 has the number you want to round to the 100's "Jackie Morin" wrote: > How do I enter a formula to look at a number and based on calculation round > up or down to nearest hundreth? For example 421 would round down to 400 while > 573 would round up to 600. You could look up ROUND in Excel help. Try =ROUND(A2,-2) -- David Biddulph Jackie Morin wr...

Report Server Error 09-19-07
I have completed my CRM install but each time I attempt to access the Report Manager I get the error message: The Scriptbibliotek '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js' cannot be found. Manually move the data or use the command 'aspnet_regiis -c' in order to install new. Sorry if the error is not completely correct but I´m translating from German. I have run the command 'aspnet_regiis -c' and received the message that the version started and then finished but every time I go back to Report Manager the same error pops up. Need a little...

excel sorting 03-28-10
I have a text spreadsheet of 5,000 names and addresses. Column B needs to restricted to only 16 characters in that column. How do I send the records to the bottom of the page (or delete them) that have data that exceeds 16 characters in Column B? You could insert a new column. In that column, in row 2 put the formula =len(B2) and copy it down the column. Then sort the table on then new column ascending. Tom ...

Year formula 11-30-09
I have a row of birth dates on a sheet, and need a formula to determine how many are over 60 years old. The cell format for the dates is 11/30/2009 Try =IF(DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")>=60,"60 or above","") OR year to year comparison =IF(YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(A1)>=60,"60 or above","") -- Jacob "Robert" wrote: > I have a row of birth dates on a sheet, and need a formula to determine how > many are over 60 years old. > > The cell format for the dates is 11/30/2009 > Assume your dates are ...

Macro to delete rows 03-17-10
I'd appreciate some help in creating a macro to delete rows. Here's what I need: 1) Delete rows 1-13 2) Then find all rows that are highlited blue and delete them 3) Then find all rows that include the text "Distr" and delete them Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Tell us how the rows came to be blue... -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "JeffF" <JeffF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:863D165C-D100-42E5-9294-3569F1829DF0@microsoft.com... > I'd appreciate some help in creating a...

ploting one cell from 10 worksheets into one chart
i am trying to figure out a way to plot one cell, lets say c-1 from 10 -30 worksheets, in one workbook; on one chart. Each worksheet is a date and each c-1 value is just a number. any help would help thanks alex n. alex.nazarchuK@unitedwater.com ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ You can plot each data point as a separate ser...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 06-07-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 08:14:28 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 31 May 2010 08:29:11 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 06:42:42 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 526 Total No. of Characters...: 1263268 Total Volume..............: 1233 Messages Per Day..........: 75.1 Characters Per Day........: 180466.9 Average Daily Volume......: 176 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Windows Update error 80070103 01-28-10
I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun audio sound card on my Destop Computer. The drivers on cd that came with this sound card for Vista and XP. I am using Windows 7 and having trouble installing the driver manually. When Windows Update trys to download it, but stops and give me error message "80070103" everytime. Why is it give me error message when there is no driver installed on this computer? Obtain the appropriate driver update (if needed) from the device manufacturer's download page, not Windows Update. TJBuss wrote: > I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun a...

Outlook Express #10
I need to move all of my Outlook Express e-mails and addresses to my new laptop. I know that with Outlook 2000 you transfer the .pab and .pst files. Does anyone know what the file extension is for Outlook Express? ...

Manually uninstall GP 10
I am having problems with a GP 10 install on a Vista machine. I tried to do an upgrade from 9 to 10 and it stopped as it was looking for a Service Pack. I have tied to uninstall or reinstall both 9.0 and 10.0 and the setup file will not execute. I have turned off the user account control. I probably have a conflict with something as this a development machine with a myriad of programs on it. It there a way to manually uninstall GP? Jim ...

Symantec Antivirus Corp Edition 9.0 & SMSE 4.5
I'm running Symantec Corp Edition 9.0 for file level protection and SMSE 4.5 for exchange. I know I have to exclude the Exchange folders under Symantec Corp Edition 9.0. Do I have to Enable or Disable Microsoft Exchange Auto Protect in 9.0? (Under Configure, Microsoft Exchange Auto-protect)? You would want to enable this so that Symantec will scan any message that comes through your Exchange client (Outlook). If someone sets up internet mail through Outlook you will be protected. Look at the Help that comes with the client and it will explain when you might not want to set this. &q...

Installation of Office 2004 on OS X 10.5 Leopard
I installed Office 2004 (and EndNote) after upgrading to Leopard 10.5 and something is amiss. Three (probably related) symptoms I observed: 1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library." 2. When trying to update Office 2004 via Microsoft AutoUpdate, the application recognizes any out-of-date versions, but then hangs and doesn't download anything (requires a force quit). Also hangs if running updates that were manually downloaded from Microsoft's website. (even o...

cancel 04-27-10
I DO NOT WISH TO USE YOU AS MY E MAIL ACCESS I WOULD LIKE YOU TO DISCONNECT HE EMAIL FROM MY SYSTEM. I USE WINDOWS MAIL this is a forum for Access Databases..... On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:23:42 -0400, "Connie and Bill" <bcrugh@bellsouth.net> wrote: >I DO NOT WISH TO USE YOU AS MY E MAIL ACCESS I WOULD LIKE YOU TO DISCONNECT >HE EMAIL FROM MY SYSTEM. I USE WINDOWS MAIL This is not email, Connie and Bill. Windows Mail has two functions - "Mail" and "News". You can use it for either. If you do not want to see the Access newsgroup mes...

Access 2003 Conversion 10-28-03
I just want to know which programming language is used by Access 2003. VBA or .Net because one of my clients is concerned about writing the application in Access 2002 because he has heard that he will not be able to migrate his app. very easily and will have to hire someone to rewrite the app in the new Access 2003. Your input will be greatly appreciated because I searched MS Site for the info and it did not list the programming language for Access 2003. Thanks a bunch Hi Meena, Access 2003 uses the same version of VBA as Access 2002. On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:52:26 -0800, "...

Email Template in Campaign Activity not available 04-24-06
If I create a Campaign in CRM and decide to communicate via Email with my marketing list members by using a Campaign Activity with "Email" as channel, I dont seem to be able to personalize the activity? One would expect to be able to leverage from Email Templates from within Campaigns...comments? ...

Categories 01-10-10
I have upgraded from OLK03 to 07 and I have my previous categories saying "not in Master Category List". How can I have all of these previous catergories apart of the Master Category List. Please if you would give a step by step or where I can see this. Previous columns have answers that for me didn't help. Right click on the root of the mailbox and choose properties, then upgrade to color categories. see http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/colorcat/upgrade.asp for a tutorial. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook ...

email 03-28-10
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop my mail with entourage was working without problems until yesterday. now every time i want to open a email entourage crashes; what should i do? On 3/27/10 7:03 PM, faraon@officeformac.com wrote: > my mail with entourage was working without problems until yesterday. > now every time i want to open a email entourage crashes; what should > i do? Does this happen with one specific message or any message you try to open? You may have a corrupt message and may need to delete it. Close the Preview pane...