Won't save office applications, appcrash

Help I cant save documents , excel etc in office 2007 on vista laptop. I have
tried open office but this suffers the same problem. Also tried uninstalling
and reinstalling office but no change.
see below for word report, in excel the fault module was  given as PROPSYS.dll
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    WINWORD.EXE
  Application Version:    12.0.4518.1014
  Application Timestamp:    45428028
  Fault Module Name:    unknown
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00000001
  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    2057

Additional information about the problem:
  LCID:    1033
  Brand:    Office12Crash
  skulcid:    1033

vista.performance_maintenance 142 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'd say you had a fundimental problem with Win
Does the same happen if you boot in safe mode?

"AL41538" <AL41538@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help I cant save documents , excel etc in office 2007 on vista laptop. I
> have
> tried open office but this suffers the same problem. Also tried
> uninstalling
> and reinstalling office but no change.
> see below for word report, in excel the fault module was  given as
> PROPSYS.dll
> Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
>  Application Name:    WINWORD.EXE
>  Application Version:    12.0.4518.1014
>  Application Timestamp:    45428028
>  Fault Module Name:    unknown
>  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
>  Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
>  Exception Code:    c0000005
>  Exception Offset:    00000001
>  OS Version:    6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
>  Locale ID:    2057
>
> Additional information about the problem:
>  LCID:    1033
>  Brand:    Office12Crash
>  skulcid:    1033

0
DL

out of office assistant in Outlook 2002?
I have outlook 2002 for small business and the tools menu doesn't have the out of office assistant and I can't get the exchange add-in to work. Can anyone suggest what the problem/solution is to finding or adding the out of office assistant? two things must happen before you see the out of office assistant 1) the exchange extensions must be enabled under tools | options | other | advanced options | addin manager and 2) you must connect to a microsoft exchange server via the exchange transport "mbrown" <mjb@mjbrownlaw.com> wrote in message news:04c601c36c3c$4b5f...

how to log in to office online
how do access my microsoft office basics. have tried through msn and cannot get on. thank you If you are refering to Office Live Basics please go here www.officelive.com -- Chester C. Coronel Junior BSIT Student University of Asia and the Pacific, Philippines Read the StudentEmpowered Blog!http://msforums.ph/blogs/chestercoronel "romanticingpoet" wrote: > how do access my microsoft office basics. > > have tried through msn and cannot get on. > > thank you ...

How to modify WM_CHAR before it is received by the application ?
I cannot modify the following WM_CHAR messages, such as On an application widow, there are "Edit" and "Button". When Button is pressed, the following code will be run HWND hwnd=NULL GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT1,&hwnd) ::PostMessage(hwnd,WM_CHAR,'a',0) The result should be that write "a" on "Edit" In order to change "a" to "b" be4 "Edit" gets the message, I have writen MsgHook.dll, which has a Hook. As hGetMessageHook=SetWindowsHookEx(WH_GETMESSAGE,MsgProc,GetModuleHandle "MsgHook.DLL" ) ...

how do i unsuscribe from microsoft office emails
ive been receivin emails like evry two days and i want to stop it. Update your profile on Microsoft.com. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, mide93 asked: | ive been receivin emails like evry two days and i want to stop it. ...

Properties of external saved emails
Hello all, I want to save my emails of outlook on a server drive. This works fine but with following problem: All properties are gone, the creation date is the date I saved the massage external and I have a hard time to find a specific email. Why are the properties of outlook gone when I save it external? Does anyone a answer for this? Or can I save the properties anyhow? Please understand I don't want to do it manually. You ask probably why does the guy want to save the files external. He can let it in outlook and he is fine. Unfornatly NO. For several reasons: - My pst file wi...

Office 2004 for Mac
Hi, Does anyone have information on the capabilities and functionality that will be provided in Entourage 2004? Also, what is the release date for Office 2004 for the MAC? ..The Mactopia web site doesn't provide much information at all. Regards Trevor In article <c0eh06$1mlb$1@si05.rsvl.unisys.com>, "trmbr" <trmbr@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone have information on the capabilities and functionality that will > be provided in Entourage 2004? Also, what is the release date for Office > 2004 for the MAC? > .The Mactopia web site doesn't provide ...

Error when I try to save doc with equations in 2007
I am a math student and I frequently use Word 2007 to write up my assignments with the new equation feature. Lately I have been having trouble in that when I try to save it gives me a file error For example: "A file error has occured (c:\...\doc1.docx)" ...

Saving Visio files as JPG files?
I am currently working on a network documentation project and have succesfully saved single page files a JPG files. One documented region of the network is a large file with multiple pages of information in one file. I have tried to copy each page one by one to Word,JPG or PDF. When I try this there is nothing displayed. I am wondering why the single page visio files will perfom this transition where the multi-page files will not even when copied out a page at a time. Does anybody know if there is a known issue or workaround for this. TW, Exporting as EMF usually creates smaller file sizes i...

Recovering old versions of saved files
Is it possible to recover an old version of an Excel file after saving it without changing the file name? Autorecover is on. Thanks for any help! "=?Utf-8?B?U3B5ZGVy?=" wrote... >Is it possible to recover an old version of an Excel file after saving it >without changing the file name? Autorecover is on. No. That's what backups are for. Now you know why you need backups. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. "Spyder" <Spyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Ok, thanks. I am fully aware of the importance of backups; howeve...

using macro to save a file produces runtime error 4198
I upgraded from Win-XP/Office 2003 to Win-7/Office 2007; the code below ran fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 generates runtime error 4198. The variables and directory location are valid. The parameters for FileName are updated for Word 2007; the grammer for the FileName appears correct (no grammer errors when macro runs as is, but grammer errors if I change the string.) When I substitute an actual file name in place of the variables, the code runs w/o error, but the Debug.Print statements generate correct strings. I feel kind of dumb- but what is different about use of variab...

Font sizes not saving (W2007 opening document originally created in W2003)
Hello, I have a 375 page document originally created in W2003 (or perhaps W2000). It was creeated with a Normal style of TNR 10 pt. Everytime I open it I have to change the font size from 11 pt back to 10 pt. When I modify, the radio button for "Only in this document" is checked but the changes don't keep. I really don't want to change my Normal template for new documents, but I'd like the font size to be retained. Am I missing something simple or do I have to mess with templates? Thanks, CJ This should not be happening unless you have "Automat...

Out of office replys not working correctly
Hello, We have a few users who have the automatic out of office replys turned on and they work fine from within the company. However, they dont seem to be responding to outside mail such as yahoo.com, gmail.com or hotmail.com. Is there a setting in exchange 2003 server that would prohibit out of office replys from going out to external mail? Thanks in advance... Yes, OOFs to the Internet are disabled by default. Global Settings/Internet Message Formats/Properties/ click the checkbox to enable. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:55:28 -0800, Psycho <Psycho@Psychotic.net> wrote: >Hello...

where do you go in MSFT to do an office diagram,
how do I do this kind of diagram, with internal office layout, etc. johnplanner wrote: > how do I do this kind of diagram, with internal office layout, etc. I don't know much about Microsoft's internal corporate structure, so I don't know where inside MSFT you would go to have an office diagram created. If you mean which Microsoft product to use, then Visio is probably your best bet, although even that isn't really the right product for the job. Microsoft doesn't create any building design/architecture products. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

MS OUTLOOK OFFICE SBE 2003
Hi, I am not able to perform actions like ReplyAll, Updating a task item.. on my outlook 2003, am getting the following error - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook. I have unistalled OFFICE SBE 2003 and reinstalled it. The problem persists. Anybody knows of a solution? Roger Bertrand EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com I often use my MS Outlook and almost every time I don't have any problems with my tool. But once I opened my software and noticed a very unpleasant thing,exacter some of my c...

[VC8] Why is MFC File Open/Save dialog no longer resizable?
Hi, In VC6, MFC apps used resizable file open/save dialogs by default. In VC8 (and VC7 AFAIK), those dialogs are no longer resizable. Why? ...

create .tmp files when saving
Am having a problem with several of my dell machines running window xp professional and office xp pro. when users open an excel file, make a change and save it, then go back in the file, many times it says the file can be open in read only because the file is in use. it then creates a copy of the file using the .tmp as an extension. Why is this happening so frequently. any help would be appreicated. collin Hi Collin Try this first Reboot first and then Delete all the files and subfolders in your \Windows\Temp directory (Win95/98/ME), or your \Documents and Settings\<user>\loc...

Where do I find "save as..." in MS Office 2007 ?
Sorry, but I did not found "save as..." menu in Office 2007. I only found in the upper left corner a flopy icon which represent a "save" but not a "save as...." So where is "save as..." (with files selction dialog) hidden in Office 2007? Camille Click the Office button (the round "pizza icon" in the upper left corner of the screen) and then click Save As. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Camille Petersen" <cpet_magnus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4baf94cc$0$6768$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-onlin...

Error on Saving appointments
Hi.. When I am creating a new appointment and saving it, I am getting the following error :- "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it. General failure in scheduling engine" Can someone please tell me why I am getting this error. Regards Rahul Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Break the Roles in SharePoint Lists http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/c3ac8915-3861-4406-bec7-42f2d9110d79/break-the-roles-in-sharep.aspx ...

Change Office Language by User
I think I've read enough in these pages to know that it's not possible to get Office to work in more than one language for a single User (I mean menu commands, dialogs, etc. -- not talking about dictionaries, puntuation, etc.). But does anyone know whether or not Office can be configured in two different languages on the same Mac (Mac mini, 10.4, pre-Intel), one different language for each of two different Users? When my Mac starts up, I have two Users set up, one for me in English, one for my mother-in-law in French. The OS is perfectly comfortable switching back and forth between la...

Office for Mac
HI, How many computers can the office for mac X be installed using one cd thanks Terry Terence <terryseqi@yahoo.com> wrote: > How many computers can the office for mac X be installed > using one cd The individual user license permits you to run Office on *one* desktop and *one* laptop, but you can't use them simultaneously. -- Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois adamb@lull.org | Finger/Web for PGP & S/MIME adamkb@aol.com | http://www.lull.org/adam/ ...

Outlook journal entries do not work in Office XP.
I have a user that informed me his journal entries do not work. I also tried mine and they also do not work We are running Win2k with Office XP. I just thought of something this can be stopped through AD can it not? Update, a while back we moved My Documents to a network drive for backups and so no mater where they login they will see thier My Documents. If thier My Documents is local Journal entries work. If it's a network drive they do not. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this one? Thanks. "David Bissonnette" <dbissonnette@foster-miller.com> wrote in message ...

pst-File access is denied Office XP
I am unable to import my personal file folder. The dialog box says "File access is denied. You do not have permission required to access the file.pst. I exported it using the wizard. I never protected it with a password. The problem was noticed after I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled Office XP. Please Help!!!!! jaynkelley@hotmail.com Make sure the file is on a read/write medium and that the Read Only file property is not selected. Then connect to the file by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting ...

Event ID 1000 Microsoft Office 10
Receiving the following error Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 10 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 8/25/2004 Time: 9:42:10 AM User: N/A Computer: HQ-PC14 Description: Faulting application winword.exe, version 10.0.6612.0, faulting module mso.dll, version 10.0.6626.0, fault address 0x00313c58. Thank you for any help ...

Determine When Out of Office is Enabled
Unique request. Exchange 2007 Server 2008 SP2 Outlook 2007 Windows XP SP3 Does anyone out there know if there is a way to determine if a user enabled Out of Office on a particular date in the past? Does Exchange or Outlook log this information? BWatson wrote on Mon, 05 April 2010 21:28 > Unique request. > > Exchange 2007 > Server 2008 SP2 > > Outlook 2007 > Windows XP SP3 > > Does anyone out there know if there is a way to determine if a user enabled > Out of Office on a particular date in the past? Does Exchange or Outlook log &...