Text color

Hi All,
When I open windows explorer and click on any word or folder way on the left
, it is highlited in a very light blue, how can I change that color to say
like dark blue like windows classic .
Thank you.
Carl G

0
Carl
12/20/2009 1:37:40 PM
vista.performance_maintenance 142 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

You would have to revert to a classic theme and then change the color for
"selected items" in the advanced color properties of Personalization/Windows
Color and Appearance. It's not customizable when running an aero theme.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> When I open windows explorer and click on any word or folder way on the
> left , it is highlited in a very light blue, how can I change that color
> to say like dark blue like windows classic .
> Thank you.
> Carl G

0
Rick
12/20/2009 2:25:03 PM
Thank you much for the info . I was kind of afraid of that .
Carl G

> Hi,
>
> You would have to revert to a classic theme and then change the color for
> "selected items" in the advanced color properties of
> Personalization/Windows Color and Appearance. It's not customizable when
> running an aero theme.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>> When I open windows explorer and click on any word or folder way on the
>> left , it is highlited in a very light blue, how can I change that color
>> to say like dark blue like windows classic .
>> Thank you.
>> Carl G

0
Carl

If/then to print text.
I want to use a formula so that when a value over zero is put into one cell, a line of text prints in another cell. I know it is an if then function, but I've forgotten the exact formula and the way to encode the text message in the formula. Shadyhosta wrote: > I want to use a formula so that when a value over zero is put into one cell, > a line of text prints in another cell. I know it is an if then function, but > I've forgotten the exact formula and the way to encode the text message in > the formula. Try this: =IF(A1>0,"print this text","prin...

Pasting email address into text field
Hello all, I am attempting to copy/paste several rows of data from an excel spreadsheet into an Access form. I receive an error: "The value you have entered into this field is invalid" when the data contains an email address. The email address field is set for text with a field length of 255 characters in the DB. I can copy the individual email address into the field without any problems. the problem occurs only when I am copying the whole row or rows of data from the excel spreadsheet into the Access DB. Any ideas about getting around this problem? Hi, this is exactly wh...

Imported text file w/o unique identifiers, find duplicates
Imported a txt file w/o unique identifiers and have run a query to find possible duplicate records based on 3 seperate fields. How can I either update those fields that may be in error in the original table or append a new record w/o the duplicate data and delete the original record? In the following I need to determine which records to keep, which to delete and/or which to update. End Date Total Sheets Time Operator Name 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00094123 B D MCNARA 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00095681 NAME UNKNOWN 3/17/2007 84 0:01 00091234 C D S 3/17/2007 84 0:01 000...

How to get Table Description Field Text to show on Forms? Hovering? Right-Click?
Can I get the fioeld description I enter in the Table Design View to show on Forms or Queries? When the mouse hovers over the field or field name?? When the user right clicks on the field or field name?? At the bottom of the screen when the mouse hovers? How? Thanks for any help. Mel Ken, I've done some programming but not much in Access. How do I (where do I click) to add a function to the "standard module" ??? And, am I correct in understanding that the first function would be called each time the db opened? And the 2nd function would be called each time the form op...

combine text & date formula to show mmmm dd, yyyy?
How do I combine text and date formula to show the written date and not the Excel number date? I have text in a couple of cells and a date formula in another cell(input from a different worksheet). I have the formula =A3 & F3 & A4 in A1 and would like it to read: We went to the station on December 21, 2009 and took the train. However, it is reading We went to the station on 40168 and took the train. Thanks. Try something like this... A1 = Today is B1 = 12/21/2009 =A1&" "&TEXT(B1,"mmmm dd, yyyy") Returns: Today is December 21, 2009 ...

why does print preview in publisher black & white for color image
If I print preview color images in pub 2007,sometimes it comes up black & white and sometimes in color. anybody else have this issue? ...

Text format
Hy, I have an text how looks like this: "AA-BB CC-dd". I want to select the text until the "-dd", so the result would be "AA-BB CC". So the text until "-" followed by an lower case letter. How can I do that ? Hi is this text part always after the last '-'? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Me wrote: > Hy, > > I have an text how looks like this: "AA-BB CC-dd". I want to select > the text until the "-dd", so the result would be "AA-BB CC". So the > text until "-" followed by an low...

Text color
Hi All, When I open windows explorer and click on any word or folder way on the left , it is highlited in a very light blue, how can I change that color to say like dark blue like windows classic . Thank you. Carl G Hi, You would have to revert to a classic theme and then change the color for "selected items" in the advanced color properties of Personalization/Windows Color and Appearance. It's not customizable when running an aero theme. -- Best of Luck, Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Windows he...

How to change a color of CBitmap object through programming?
Dear all... i loaded a bitmap image(1-bpp) from bitmap resourec to CBitmap object, but when i need to change the color data, i have no idae how to do this obviously. Even the struct BITMAP (specified by CBitmap::GetBitMap(BITMAP* pBitMap)) Could i load bitamp resource into BITMAPINFOHEADER? if so, i will know how to change the color data... any suggestion will be appreciated Jaw109 wrote: > Dear all... > > i loaded a bitmap image(1-bpp) from bitmap resourec to CBitmap > object, but when i need to change the color data, i have no idae how to > do this obviously. ...

Full-Text Indexing #3
Is there a way to enable full-text indexing in an outlook client for Public Folders when the client is working offline? ...

on_change() event for text fields
Is there really no way to assign an event to a text field? We want to be able to have the format saved correctly for phone numbers when they're entered in (###)###-#### I've read some threads about this already and it looks like it cannot be done unless you write an app to constantly check and replace the phone numbers within the database itself. I can do this but it would be nice to know if there was any simpler way of going about this. Thanks in advance. nope, not at all,.....only picklists its kinda stupid too because under text boxes they have the ability to select &qu...

cancel integration if text source file not available
Is there a way programatically to cancel the integration if my text source file does not exist? ...

Backgrond color missing in e mails
When I put a background color in my e mails, it is missing when the recipiant receives it. It is always white no matter what color I use. Thanks, mj Does the recipient have HTML capable mail client? Are you on Exchange server? Is the server set to strip formatting? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, MJ asked: | When I put a background color in my e ...

howto: convert from xml to text ?
Hi, If anyone knows how to convert a input xml (getting from a url querry) and convert it into a flat, csv text file ?? Thanks, Gopi hmm... but can you point some examples...?? Thanks, Gopi "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:be7d6s$235oo$1@ID-152440.news.dfncis.de... > This can be done using XSLT. > > > ===== > Cheers, > > Dimitre Novatchev. > http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/ -- the home of FXSL > > > > "Gopinath Varadharajan" <vgopinath@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:exXDxHzQDHA.402...

msg template. Text sent not what typed!
Hi I have had the strangest issue with Outlook. I sometimes use msg files to send emails to colleagues. Normally I have a template set up and I may change the to, cc, subject and body of the email slightly to reflect the topic of the email. However the bulk of the email remains the same. The other day I was sending an email and had amended the template (not saved as need to use the template again), and sent it out. Whilst the to,cc and subject fields were correct the text i had entered in the body of the email had gone and other text had been entered and my signature had dissappea...

According to the Excel online help, the PivotCache.Connection property can be set to "the path to and file name of a text file". I tried setting it to the path and file name of a .csv file and it returned an error. Is there a way to load a PivotCache directly from a flat file without having to load into a spreadsheet or database? (The flat file has more than 1 million rows.) -- Tom Sherwood ...

Change color of forms caption bar
Is there a way to change the color of a forms caption bar without chaning the overall look of Windows? I have a form that I am creating for use on a classified system. I toyed with changing the background color of the entire form to red, but this is just too obnoxious. But I would like to change the background color of the forms caption bar if possible. As a work-around, I am adding a narrow rectangle to the top and bottoms of my form, and setting its color to red. -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. AFAIK, Access gets it caption bar colour from Windows, s...

text styles
in MP 2007- I have selected all columns, all rows. I cleared all formats. I go to set text styles. Set all items to automatic then, I set critical path items to Fuchsia or lime and OK... these tasks are still black (automatic) and will not retain that fuchsia setting. My 2003 schedules this works great! Is fuchsia just not working as a color in 2007? Huh, that would appear to be a bug. Red works fine. Fuschia doesn't seem to stick for some reason. I can replicate that on my machine with no difficulty. I guess you should avoid fuschia. It's such a 90s color anywa...

Silver or chrome color
I am creating an award. I need the color silver and or chrome for the text. Wher or how can I find it. Might try WordArt. If it is plain text, a light gray will do. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD1A4FBD-3341-4172-A063-0D65A40DB812@microsoft.com... >I am creating an award. I need the color silver and or chrome for the text. > Wher or how can I find it. Ray <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: &...

Add text to a field based on a combo box selection
I'm making a form that contains a dropdown field (dropdown1) containing 5 possible selections. Based upon what the user selects, I want to fill a second field (text3) with a corresponding value. For instance: If dropdown1="Maintenance" then enter "Jack Doe" text3 If dropdown1="Safety" then enter "Tom Collins" text 3 etc. Is there a way to write a 'if then else' formula in a 'calculate' form field? And if so what would the syntax be? Or is there a better (easier, non-programatic) way to accomplish this? I'm not...

Conditional Colors for Charts
Good evening, I have on a sheet with several graphs and I would like to execute the procedure below automatically. In advance thank you for the assistance Yves Sub ColorColumns() Dim vntValues As Variant Dim intSeries As Integer Dim intPoint As Integer With ActiveChart For intSeries = 1 To .SeriesCollection.Count With .SeriesCollection(intSeries) vntValues = .Values For intPoint = 1 To .Points.Count If vntValues(intPoint) < 60 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbRed ElseIf vntValues(intPoint) >= 60 And vntValues(intPoint) < 80 Then ..Points(intPoint).Interior.Color = vbY...

Text Boxes #10
Hi I've nearly finished a publication but have now been told that I need to put a side panel on every page. This means that I need to move and resize all the text boxes in the whole document!! Is there a way of moving them all together as they need to be the same size and in the same place on each page? I don't know of a way to do all the pages in one operation. What you can do to make all the existing text boxes the same size by temporarily move the guide over to a location to match the intended location of the side of the text box, go through the pages "snapping" ...

How to add fill colors (cell shading) in EXCEL?
When I go into Format>Cells>Pattern, there are squares of custom colors just below the "standard" colors. I'd like to add more custom colors, but don't know how. Maybe they came from something I cutomized in Word or another Office appilcation. Can anyone tell me where these colors came from and how to create more? Go to Tools>Options>Color, there is a Modify button there that will allow you to change one of the colours. It can be one of the 16 'custom' colors, or even any of the other 40. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mail...

opening text file converts numbers to scientific notation
If I open a text file containing 13-digit barcode numbers for stock using Excel 2007, the numbers are converted to scientific notation. I don't have the option to specifiy that I want 13 digits with no decimals, but I believe this was possible in earlier versions. Is there a workaround or a preference i am missing? On the "Home" tab in the "Cells" group, "Format", then "Format Cells", "Number" tab, "Number", zero decimal places. Some hints on 2003 to 2007 command mapping: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA1...

Auto Row Height with Wrapped Text in Merged Cells Problem
I can't get my spreadsheet to automatically change the row height when using text wrapping IF I'm working with several merged cells in adjacent columns. It works fine on a single cell but not with merged cells. (I have tried selecting FORMAT, Rows, AutoFit) Any suggestions? I start with a macro that Jim Rech shared: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Rick Cl. wrote: > > I can't get my spreadsheet to automatically change the row height when using > text wrapping IF I'm working with several merged cells in adjac...