Slow UAC and Booting - My Solution

Hello,

Recently my sister's laptop, HP DV9000 Series, had this problem with logging on
and the UAC black out took about 20 - 25 seconds before the window popped up. I
was reading other forums and found out about msconfig. I opened it up and went
to the Startup tab. I went through the list and disabled the ones she would
rarely have any use for and the UAC "black out" went down to 1-3 seconds.

My Solution:
-Just open the "Start Menu" and type "msconfig" without quotation marks.
-When it shows on the menu open it and go to the "Startup" tab.
-Simply go through the list and decide which ones are not important to you.
-I disabled/unchecked all the HP stuff because windows already had something
similar or better. -Also I disabled/unchecked, if they existed: xaudio, vongo,
stllsvr, roxmediad89, installdriver table manager, cyberlink background,
cyberlink task.

Further INFO:
Here is a link/url if you're having booting issues too. Once you're on the site
press "CRTL+f" and type "VISTA SLOW BOOTUP FIXED" without the quotation marks
and click on Highlight all to find them easier.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-12546_102-0.html?threadID=231752
0
desktech
4/7/2010 6:14:49 AM
vista.performance_maintenance 142 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Excel 2003 slow to respond #2
Everytime I open a Workbook in Excel it takes about 30-60 seconds to open. When I click Save it takes double the time. When moving from cell to cell there is about a 3 second delay. Does anybody have any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?? Thanks!!! Fenny A common suggestion is to clean up your windows temp folder. With excel closed (in fact, close all running applications): Windows start button|run type in: %temp% (a quick way to get to that folder) and delete as much as you can. Then try reopening excel. This sometimes helps with the delay when opening the files--I'm n...

Boot/bcd status 0xc00000e9
Hello, I need help and fast please.... I have this laptop that i received from Dell last july. Its an Studio XPS 1640 Brief Spec: INtel Core2 Duo T9400 with 2.53ghz Everything was fine with it since last week when i got that error message at startup saying Windows Boot Manager (same as other users threads) File : \Boot\BCD Status : 0xc00000e9 INfo : AN unexpected I/O error has occured. Ive read all other posts on tha issue on vistaheads.com and the solution look easy : reinstall Vista. The issue here is that my computer doesnt prompt me to enter the reinstallation so...

slow emails
We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we have one user on one machine that her emails take awhile to process, up to 3hrs possibly. She is running outlook 2002, with all updates as of 10/9/03. I have figured in the past that it was just the other servers the mail was going through that was slowing it down. But when she uses, another persons acount on another machine it runs fine. Is this and outlook/machine problem, a server problem, or a problem that is out of my hands? Or is there a problem at all? >-----Original Message----- >We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we ha...

Simple form, impossible to find a solution
Hi all, My quesdtion is very simple. I'd like to create and use forms in Word 2007 in the same way I used them in Word 2003. Let's have a look to my problem. I need to create, example, a table with 3 columns (example): ================================================== |Name| |Address| |phone number| ================================================== Now I wish to place text fields in each row. [Text field] [Text field] [Text field] My question: Whe...

Excel opens with an error report whenever I Boot Up my computer
A couple of days ago, I noticed that whenever I boot up my computer, an error report comes up indicating that Excel needs to close because of error. I unistalled office and the message wnet away. But when I reinstalled Office, the message came right back. Thoughts? ...

Publisher is running really slow
Can someone tell me if publisher would slow down due to the amount of graphics within a publication? I would imagine so but I want to be sure. Isn't Publisher designed for that purpose? Graphics, etc.? Thank you. Richard Depends on your computer's capabilities. Have you upgraded your video driver? Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, that sometimes helps. Right-click your desktop, properties, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.o...

Page Footer sum Microsoft solution question
http://support.microsoft.com:80/kb/296249/en-us The above website gives a solution for sums per page but I cannot get any sums to work in the page footer. Are the instructions right? Has anyone else had problems with this? Michael wrote: >http://support.microsoft.com:80/kb/296249/en-us > >The above website gives a solution for sums per page but I cannot get any >sums to work in the page footer. > >Are the instructions right? Has anyone else had problems with this? The article is correct. Carefully, review it again and double check that you followed all of the s...

Please help
Hi, As subject above, I cannot get the boot client CD to work at all with the Realtek 8168/8111 network interface, which is what it's named as in W2K3 server itself. When the CD boots I get an error saying to "check WINBOM", whatever that means. Can anyone point me at a driver for this NIC that works? Many thanks, Toby On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:36:05 +0000, Toby Groves <toby.groves@touchsystems.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >As subject above, I cannot get the boot client CD to work at all with >the Realtek 8168/8111 network interface, which is what it...

Slow Navigating Folders for attachments!!
Using Outlook-2002. Recently, since about a month ago, when I try to save attachments or attach files to messages and attempt to navigate to the folder of interest (after I click on the attach button), navigation is VERY slow - like if I click on a sub-folder, it may take over a minute for that sub-folder to open. It doesn't matter if other apps are running, or if I'm just changing to a different drive, or to the root directory. Everything takes minutes! It renders it useless :-( Any ideas? ...

Simple worksheet becomes large and slow
I use 2 simple worksheets daily. They contain little data and should be less than 50k. I change them by copying data from various other spreadsheets into them, then saving or saving as with a new name. Some of these spreadsheets for some reason become very large (1.5mb or more) and moving from cell to cell becomes very slow. Copying from those spreadsheets to new sheets can take up to 30 seconds for a single cell to copy. There is nothing complex in any of them, just text, some multiplication and sum. The sheets eventually become so slow that the only way I can work with them is b...

Excel 2003 slow to respond
Everytime I open a Workbook in Excel it takes about 30-60 seconds to open. When I click Save it takes double the time. When moving from cell to cell there is about a 3 second delay. Does anybody have any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?? Thanks!!! Fenny ...

My XPpro won't boot completely or run any programs
On booting my computer this morning (yes, 10 hours ago) I began receiving bcmwltry.exe errors that the application failed to initialize (0xc0000006) etc. The option is to close the application by selecting yes. About 10 seconds later the error message would pop up again. My computer will not finish booting up. The background is visible but I have no start menu or bar, also nothing on my desktop. I did a google search for this error and found some suggestions. All of them said to run msconfig and uncheck bcmwltry from the menu. They also advised to delete the bcmwltry.e...

CRM 4.0 slow ... make it fast?
Is it me or is this thing just slow. I know, I know ... put your SQL and CRM service on a different boxes ... blah blah blah ... I have, it is still slow. Does anyone have any tips to make this thing faster? The Sharepoint Community is rip-roaring with all sorts of insights on keeping their stuff fast ... where is this info for CRM? What troubleshooting have you done to isolate where the slownesss is - database server, app server, network, client machines? How big is your database? Optimization white paper here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ba826cee-eddf-4d6e-...

quickentry by eOne Solutions
Has anyone installed the QuickEntry tool by eOne Solutions on Great Plains 8.0? Is there any special consideration during setup? I executed the install file but nothing happens. -- Eddy ...

trouble booting windows XP from hiberation
I am having problems booting XP only from hybernation. Sometimes it starts up as normal, but obviously there is a problem that needs fixing. The computer runs as normal but only the first lettering appears with a cursor on the screen. If I turn the computer off and on again it'll start as normal from hybernation. I want to avoid switching the unit completely off and on if I can. Can somebody please help me with this? Ian -- geoffm472 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ geoffm472's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/1607...

No Buffer space available, any permanent solution ?
Dear all, I have been experiencing this problem before but i can't find any permanent solution. I have tried searching for the solutions in the net but after reading all threads , restarting is the only solution provided. This problem occurs when my HQclient is attempting to connect. Thru VPN , they're connecting. Is their any other solution ? would increasing my ram will be a solution ? hi Greg, I can understand how much worried you are with this problem, the possible thing is that your connectivity to the HQ. Editting the registry is not for beginners, if you don't kn...

Slow Viewing e-mails
Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? Found an answer to the problem in another post. Simply turning of the Messenger Integration fixed everything. /Johan >-----Original Message----- >Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. >Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It >worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? >. > On 25 nov 2003 Johan wrote: > Found an answer to the problem in another pos...

Prblm with second Exchange Server in child domain (services don't start autom. on boot)?
Dear subscribers I have recently installed two Exchange 2003 servers at my customer's network. The network topology consists of one main domain, let's call it school.com (the customer is a school) and one child domain named students.school.com. The idea with this construction is to separate the student network from the administrative network as much as possible, i.e. the student and administrative net are on separate subnets separated by a firewall controlling the traffic, and still let the teachers user their school.com user account in both domains. The school.com domain has ...

Computer running slow
Thanks to the people that got my gateway fixed. I have no idea even how i got to that screen that fixed it. This topic might be like whats listed on page #2 "slow computer". - My computer is roughly 5 years old. I've had to reformat it a few times in the last month. It acts normal for a few hours,then sorta freezes up. Its slow to start up-slow to download websites-slow to shut down. Last time i ran it,it froze up and i pushed the "power" button and rebooted: Acted normal again. I've run dban and used the factory restore disc (with all their extr...

Real Estate and Commissions
I am looking for a Commission solution which is integrated with GP (Dexterity). The solution needs to be able to handle the complexities of Real Estate/Broker commissions (thresholds, increasing commission, annualized basis, etc). It is my understanding that products (such as Lone Wolf) are written specifically for this industry and handles commissions well. The ideal would be a fully integrated solution. Hi Tanya, We do not have a perfect solution but we have remnants of the solution from multiple projects that we have done in the past that relate to real estate and commissions. ...

Microsoft 2005 is unusually slow?
After upgrading from MS Money 2003 to Money 2005 this week I immediately noticed that it takes nearly a minute to load on my machine. During that time the Money 2005 splash page is being displayed along with the hour glass wait symbol and nearly silence from my machine. Its clearly "thinking" about something and isn't having to read off the hard drive much. The 2003 version loaded much faster -- at best about 8 to 10 seconds. I first thought it was the size of my data file so I archived it to reduce its size. It was cut from nearly 18 MB to nearly 9 MB in size but the prob...

Backup solutions
I was wondering what extra backup solutions are neccesary in our current Exchange 2007 org. It is not in production yet but we have two mailbox servers running CCR and using journaling both on RAID1. I plan to move the databases and logs to a SAN shortly. We also have two CAS/HUB boxes setup on NLB. It seems somewhat redundant. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Thanks. You don't mention how much data you are expecting to backup info store wise. By the sounds of you moving to SAN storage and using CCR you are building a HA solution for lots of users. If the CCR nodes are ...

AAC/M4A Tag Solution
It was actually fairly simple. Open the file in binary, swallow it into a variable, do INSTRs on a selection of tags, count out 20 paces from the start of the tag to to the beginning of the ASCII tag info, stop counting the string at the first null. The tags have weird names like �ART and �wrt and various other oddball stuff. Seems to work for about 95% of the M4A files I've tried it on. On 29/06/2010 02:40, David Kaye wrote: > It was actually fairly simple. > > Open the file in binary, swallow it into a variable, do INSTRs on a selection > of tags, cou...

Slow Reports MS Money 2006 Premium
I am experiencing long delays whenever I want to prepare or update reports. I have repaired the file to see if I made a difference (quick repair and also standard repair) and I did not notice any improvement Comments? Suggestions Questions? THanks in advance flmiami ...

Publisher 2002 will not boot up
Publisher failsto load A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Alf <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > Publisher failsto load Could you be more specific? Error messages? Windows versions? Other symptoms? Questions? Whether MSPUB.EXE appears in Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del once) after you have clicked the icon? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Hi Alf (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you ...