red recovery drive folder

So I got a virus on my computer a month ago and I had a friend from geek
squad come over and restart it with a recovery disk that Dell had sent
me (I have a dell) after it was restored and the virus was gone my
recovery folder was red and switched to my C: drive, and my os is now D:
drive. When I asked him about the recovery drive being red he just told
me that "its a good thing" but now when I go to download things for
school onto my computer they wont stay, they download but stop right
before its finished and I can't find it anywhere. I really need my
computer properly fixed but I can't find an answer anywhere. Please
help.

--
BrittanyJ
0

Well your Geek Squad friend buggered the recovery.
Insert your recovery disk, reboot the PC so it starts from this disk, follow
instructions for destructive recovery.
Or see help on Dell site as to how to use your recovery disk
(ensure any devices are not connected when you use the recovery cd)

"BrittanyJ" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> So I got a virus on my computer a month ago and I had a friend from geek
> squad come over and restart it with a recovery disk that Dell had sent
> me (I have a dell) after it was restored and the virus was gone my
> recovery folder was red and switched to my C: drive, and my os is now D:
> drive. When I asked him about the recovery drive being red he just told
> me that "its a good thing" but now when I go to download things for
> school onto my computer they wont stay, they download but stop right
> before its finished and I can't find it anywhere. I really need my
> computer properly fixed but I can't find an answer anywhere. Please
> help.
>

> --
> BrittanyJ

0
DL

Outlook / Gmail, folders?
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ms2007officeproblemnf4.png I have 2 problems: 1) My MS Outlook 2007 has this extra thing called synchronizing subscribed folders and it takes like 45 seconds to update. How do I remove this function? 2) I have 2 inboxes as shown in the picture. One is "All Mail" and one is "Inbox" How do I make it more clutterless and fix these to only have 1 inbox "thevoden" <aperla2@gmail.com> wrote in message news:127446ba-99a0-4565-ba97-58172340e162@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m...

Public folder replication #23
I have a exchange 2000 Ent with public folders. I have a new Exch 2003 server. I am trying to get the public folders to replicate to the new server. I set up replication but nothing. Part of the problem is the free/busy info is also not replicating. Any Help? Can you send messages between the servers? How long have you waited? This is not instantaneous. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Hector" <Hector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E377F4F-7F89-461F-B3A5-8A4D370CA716@microsoft.com... > ...

How to remove an Exchange 2003 server and its roles/folders?
Trying to uninstall the first Exchange 2003 server, since we now have replaced it with a new 2 node A/P cluster. I have tested to just shut it down, before actually uninstalling it, to see if it causes any problems... I have noticed a few System Folders that still belongs to it. Will these folders disappear automatically when I uninstall Exchange, or do I have to remove them now while the server is still available?? These are the System Folders: OWAScratchPad (there is one for each EX server) schema-root (sounds at least important!? But is not mentioned in the uninstall instructions KB...

Search doesn't work in one folder (Outlook 2003)
When the user has placed certain items in a separate folder, search can't find them. The messages are found when moved to another folder. The folder's name name is �M (non-ASCII) but renaming the folder doesn't help. ...

Users can't access attachments in public folder messages
All, We recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Some (but not all) of our users have reported problems where they can't see attachments to messages that are stored in our public folders. They see the message, but the attachments don't appear. We have a few workstations where the users can login and they don't experience the problem, but on most workstatations they can't see them. This seems like a client issue, but here's the catch: If we go in and give the users "Edit" capability in the public folder permissions, they can see the attachments at...

Configuring Folder Redirection
I created a folder off the root of a Windows 2008 member server called "Users". Set the share and NTFS permissions per this MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274443 ( the steps are below) Created a test OU, set the policy to create a folder for each user under the root and specified \\ServerName\Users. Set redirection for My Documents and Desktop. Added a test account called testuser. The redirection worked fine. Did the same thing with my Domain Admin account. All good. But there are a couple things that were unexcpected; - after testuser had logged...

Search folder with no categories in O2003?
I have not used Outlook for some years, and now I am using Outlook 2003 at work. I would like to categorize my e-mails, and then use search folders to find the mails of different categories. So far, so good. However, to catch the mails I have not categorized I would like to create a search folder that catches mails that has not yet been assigned to any categories. Can this be done? I _could_ of course simply use folders instead of categories, but that would prevent me from effectively filtering mails which may be relevant to multiple categories. Did you try a search folder using the Advanc...

Exchange Server Recovery #2
We are planning on building a 2 server exchange site on e2k3 enterprise. We would like to use each server as the recovery server in case the other becomes unavailable. We are lookng at using VSS to replicate the stores between each server. If one of the servers becomes unavailable what is the easiest method to get the information store going on the other considering that AD will be intact and the other server is in the same admin group. I have read some material on RSG's and dial tone databases but it does not seem to directly address our objective. Michael, Look into Active/Ac...

Public Folder Permission
I want to give an user owner access to the already available public folder. I have access to exchange system manager. Can I just add his name in the "Client Permssions" and choose the Owner role? Can someone confirm this pls? Thanks. Yes, that's ok. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Swa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d4bc01c453bf$94199520$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I want to give an user owner access to the already > available public folder. I have access t...

viewing public "Folder 1-1"
Okay- I want to find out how to view the "folder 1-1" that contains the Public folder Hierarchy in PF store with any tools -So far i tried with MFCMAPI and MDBview32 - it does not show the folder -If you know please let me know --- thanks Jaxy ...

Recovery server #3
Hi, When restoring to a recovery server in another forest, does the recovery server name have to be the same as the backed up server? Thanks, Peter Sorry - should have specified Exchange 2000 SP3 On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:08:47 +0700, Peter Kaufman <peterkhub-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote: >Hi, > >When restoring to a recovery server in another forest, does the >recovery server name have to be the same as the backed up server? > >Thanks, > >Peter No. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Peter Kaufman&quo...

Saving New Documents on a network Drive.
Hiya. Whenever i make a new excel document and have to save it on our office network drive it says, "Cannot save Blank. This folder is read only." Only, the folderis NOT read only. All other software has no issues saving here but excel. any ideas? I'm sick of saving on the local drive and copying it over to the network drive. Thanks. Umm. . . any ideas? "MaxZ" <bmw@florida-counsel.com> wrote in message news:%23WKiYeI5FHA.2816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hiya. Whenever i make a new excel document and have to save it on our > office network drive it...

Re: Windows Mail / Gmail Folder synchronisation error
In Gmail, create a label "Google Mail" (no quotes), or rename the existing "Gmail" label (if there is one) to "Google Mail", so that you have two exactly the same corresponding folder names, one in Gmail and the other one in Windows Mail. You might also try to do it the other way round, and rename the relevant folder in Windows Mail so it has the same name as its counterpart in Gmail. -- wojciech05 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wojciech05's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/208892.htm View ...

Tool for Public Folders
Hi. I´m searching for a tool to get a list of all permissions on the different folders and subfolder in our Exchange 2003 public folders. Like DumpACL for NTFS-folders. And if someone knows of a tool for easier administration of public folders as in System Manager, please tell me. But it should not be to expensive - freeware is preferred. Thx in advance. Bully-BKK Hello, you could use "DumpACL" with the virtual letter M: (after showing it on Exchange 2003 !), it is not perfect, but... Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL� MVP Exchange,SQL/Server FAQ Exchange: http://faqexcha...

Offline Folders #8
Hi, I have followed the instructions in help to set my outlook 2000 inbox (and sub-folders) to offline (C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost). My reading of the microsoft knowledge base articles was that this would give me a max of 2Gb. However I am still getting emails from my system administrator that my inbox is over limits (18Mb - which is just 3 or 4 Excel attachments). Is it possible to get Outlook 2000 to store my inbox only on my hard drive? Thanks in advance, Kai Richmond All of your default folders are synched to the ....

PST Password Recovery #3
Dear All , How can i recover my PST file password in Outlook 2003. If any 3rd party tool is available please send me the link. Kishore On Apr 4, 3:53 am, "Brinesh Kishore" <bbk.n...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All , > > How can i recover my PST file password in Outlook 2003. > > If any 3rd party tool is available please send me the link. > > Kishore www.elcomsoft.com ...

POP3 Connector Failed Folder?
Hi, My exchange2003 pop3 connector says it has mail in a failed mail folder....but I have no idea where it is?? I'm sure it's not the administrators? Thanks. "Adam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My exchange2003 pop3 connector says it has mail in a >failed mail folder....but I have no idea where it is?? >I'm sure it's not the administrators? That POP3 connector is specific to SBS, it's not an Exchange tool. If nobody answers this in this newsgroup you'll probably get a better/faster answer in one og the SBS newsgroups. ...

Exchange emails going to "Folders on My Computer"
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi, <br><br>Have been using Entourage 2004 with an exchange server (work email) and a pop3 account (personal email) for years. The exchange emails have always gone to the Intermedia Exchange / Inbox folder automatically when I was connected to the LAN/internet and the pop3 emails always went into Folders on My Computer, but only when I hit Send &amp; Receive. <br><br>Two hours ago the exchange emails started dropping into the Folders on My Computer folder (wi...

PM Batch Recovery Problem
I'm using GP 7.0 SQL 2000. I have a Payable Batch that will not post. The batch status is saying Table Updates Interrupted. I went to batch recovery to try and recover the batch but I'm getting error msg 'Batch *** failed to complete posting. Use the Batch Recovery window to complete the posting process'. Then I click on the More Info button and there is an msg that says 'A remove operation on table 'PM_Transaction_WORK' caused a sharing error. I have performed check links and still nothing happen. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem? Thank y...

2 Public folders questions
Hello , I have 2 questions related to public folders: 1) I want to be able to create an email address using distribution group that would send emails to one specifc user and to a public folder. I had first added an additional email address to the public folder to get mails to that folder , but i did not want to add the user in the forwarding because i wanted only mails coming from that specific email address to go to the person , not other posts to the public folder. Thats when i decided to go with distribution list. How do I add the public folder as a member of the distribution li...

disabling outlook 2007 folder synchronization
how to disable outlook 2007 folder synchronization? and what are the pros and cons? surface creature;111676 Wrote: > how to disable outlook 2007 folder synchronization? and what are the > pros and > cons? Not enough detail to answer. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- http://forums.slipstick.com ...

password protect outlook personal folder
I have protected my Outlook 2002 personal folder at work according to the instructions from MS Office Online Assistance (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011138511033.aspx) and it worked fine. I have tried the same procedure at home, but I still gain access to the folder without any password after restarting outlook. The "checked password" option is off course cleared. Any ideas? Thanks B�rd B�rd <bspost@online.no> wrote: > I have protected my Outlook 2002 personal folder at work according to > the instructions from MS Office Online Assista...

Public Folders #20
Hey, I am new too exchange, and I can not find a good description what a public folder does. How would it benefit me, by using it? Hi Harry, Please pick up a book by Tony Redmond on Exchange. Spend a couple of weeks with it and you will call yourself an Exchange Pro. Regards.... "Harry" <erbeh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:usxfdkGgEHA.1840@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hey, > > I am new too exchange, and I can not find a good description what a public > folder does. How would it benefit me, by using it? > > ...

Adding Distribution Group Permissions to Public Folder
We are currently running a Windows 2003 AD domain with Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Server as our e-mail server in Native Mode. When trying to add a distribution group to the permissions tab of a public folder I receive the following errors: From Exchange System Manager: The operation failed. 80004005 Exchange System manager From Outlook: The modified permissions could not be saved. I found Article ID 274046 referring to a similar issue in Exchange 2000, but nothing for Exchange 2003. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Distribution groups are just that, the...

Finding the folder?
I used to use windowns 98se and was able to find the folder which contained the things for the outbox, sent items and such. I used to just delete those and it would erase all the stuff in the folders. I'm using windows xp and can't seem to figure out how to do it. Anyone know what folder they are in? Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. By default it is located in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ You can also locate the file by using Rightclick the root folder (probably Ou...