Pass Mark Performance Test 7.0 any good?

Has anyone any comments on the Pass Mark Performance test 7.0 for Windows 7?
Intel Q8200, 6 GB RAM. To test overall system?

0
Ritter197
4/7/2010 9:30:20 PM
vista.performance_maintenance 142 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Adding Pictures and performance.
I have an interesting problem that I have just found. I am running a VB script to run through an array and add pictures to a table. The document was originally done in Word 2003 and is included in a template file. The VB runs fine and adds about 268 photos in less than 30 seconds. However, when I save the template as a Word 2007 macro enable template and run then same VB script, it takes over 4 minutes to add the same number of photos. Has anyone run across this before? Any ideas as to why Word 2003 and Word 2007 would handle adding pictures to a table differently? Thank You ...

Unable to type into a CRM 3.0 form
I just switched to a Dell Latitude D610 and am running CRM 3.0 using both browser and Outlook 2003 client. I am working fine when all of a sudden, I can no longer type text onto a CRM form field. I am not locked up. I can still move my cursor, choose from a picklist, etc. I just cannot type into a text field. Any thoughts? May not be related however I have seen this with other web sites/forms. Do you have the google or msn toolbars installed? Try removing them and see if that fixes the problem. May not be related however I have seen this with other web sites/forms. Do you have the g...

Make cell display 0 if number is negative
Hi, How would I go about making a cell that contains a formula read and display any number less than zero as zero. Can this be done? Any help would be appreciated! Hopefully this will be my last question:c) Ron One way: =MAX(<your formula here>,0) In article <el$#m2WhEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Ron King" <montyboy@earthlink.net> wrote: > Hi, > How would I go about making a cell that contains a formula read and > display any number less than zero as zero. Can this be done? Any help > would be appreciated! Hopefully this will ...

performance , speed and portability of VC++.NET and VC++ 6.0
hi all, I'm writing because I haven't been able to find enough information at the book stores and at the MS web site on some of my questions. Perhaps I'm asking the wrong questions, but if you could help me out here, I'd really appreciate it. Iam a project trainee. I have to give an presentation over the topic, For engineering applications, whether VC++ 6.0 is more suitable than other .NET or not. For that i need to know about the performance, portability etc., sincerely, Bhargav > Iam a project trainee. I have to give an presentation over the &g...

CRM 3.0 Installation eror
We are trying to install CRM 3.0 in a Windows 2003 Small Business Server that is member of a domain controlled by a Windows 2003 Sever Standard. The W2003 Std is the domain controller and the W2003 SBS Machine acts as Exchange and SQL Server (for test purposes). When the installation wizards check for system prerequisites show the following error: “The organizational unit does not exist”. The same error appears with CRM 3.0 Standard an with CRM 3.0 Small Business. How can we solve this problem?. Can we create the unit manually?. If we can, with which name? Hi Daniel, You can create ...

Outlook 2007 crashes on startup under Windows 7
Hi On my old machine (with outlook express ) I installed outlook 2007 on it and it imported all my mail from the express version. Now I got a brand new windows 7 (64bits) machine and I installed office professional 2007 on it. I copied the outlook 2007 pst file from my old machine to the new one. However when I start outlook it crashes (both in normal and safe mode). I then modified the options to run it in windows XP mode. This works BUT outlook does function properly: - I created several email accounts but when I try to modify the one that is the "default" I ...

Merge using Excel 2002 and Hummingbird Docs Open 3.9.0 Build 199
Hi, I have a merge form set up in Word. The data source is an excel file. When I click on Docs Open Mail Merge, a box comes up in docs open saying to choose the main document. When I click on the main document the next boxes comes up saying to choose the data source. I select the data source and it opens, but nothing happens. The next step should be to click on merge, but it is grayed out and it is still asking to choose the data source. The merge works fine if I do it outside of Docs Open, but I have to be able to do it within Docs Open. Can you help? ...

System Attendant has "0" mailboxes processed
Greetings All I have my Exchange 2000 Server Mailbox Manager runnign every week. It sends me a report that ZERO "0" mailboxes have been processed. I'm assuming this is in error. What can I do to get the Mailbox Manager to process all my mailboxes? Thank you, Jack Black ...

CRM 4.0 Upgrade, State Code or Status Code is invalid
Hello, I have upgraded a client from 3.0 to 4.0, and am getting errors whenever they try to reopen a closed opportunity. This occurs for any opportunity, regardless of whether it was closed before the upgrade or created new. It occurs with any Role, including Sys Admin. The Opportunity entity has been customized, but only using the built in customization features, no custom code at all. It was renamed to become "Proposals", however. Has anyone out there seen this error before? Any resolution? The generic error is: "State code or status code is invalid. Sate code is...

Move/Migrate 7.5 To New machine
I'm a sysadmin spearheading the migration/move of a GP 7.5 installation to a new Win2K server (SQL Server 2000, of course). Right now we do not have a GP consultant to help us with this. I would like some tips/experiences of others who have done this. Do you really need a consultant to help. (And if you are a GP consultant, please tell me why we need you!) We also have two allied apps to move: Xpede and WorkforceROI. Any experiences you might having moving/replicating these apps along with GP would be helpful. Many thanks! Rich I just did this migration a week ago. First, there is a ...

test
test ...

test 12-15-04

How can I test the text content of a cell
I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell contains H, M or L, and output the result as a number. I cannot get the IF statement to recognise text as true or false - my Excel 2007 gives an error when I try to do something like IF(E9=H ....) is there a way to do this? =IF(E9="H" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:43:01 -0700, catefaulkes <catefaulkes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell >contains H, M or L, and output the result as ...

Internet Explorer 7 causes Access XP to fail on loading form with embedded web browser control
I have an Access XP database with a form which displays a web page on loading. Prior to downloading and installing Internet Explorer 7 this worked perfectly. It still works perfectly on another computer on my network which does not have IE7 installed. But when I try and open it using the PC with IE7 it crashes and closes the program. I'm about to uninstall IE7 but if that doesn't work are there any more ideas? Thanks. Jon. On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:23:35 +1100, "Jon" <webindexing@optusnet.com.au> wrote: I'm not familiar with this specific problem, but I wou...

Version 9.0 install problem
I'm receiving the following error when I install version 9.0: Unhandled script exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.hrSysDoesHrSysExist' When I try to log in as Administrator, I get a message that the database has not been setup properly, or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Chris, Is this an install of a new workstation to be attached to an existing GP database? If so, you will need to include Human Resources as part of the additional products during the intallation. If this is a totall...

Remove Unused fields from Advanced Find (Microsoft CRM 3.0)
I am wondering if anyone knows how to remove the unused fields from advanced find so that users don't have to see them. I know I can update the display names for the unused fields to start with "z-not used-<fieldname>" so they show up at the bottom of the advanced find list of fields. Does anyone know if there is away to have advanced find just not show all the out of the box fields that we do not use. Is there a way to modify the object XML and then import it in so it only shows the fields I want to show and allow users to search on instead of all the fields. Tha...

Delete next email in Microsoft Outlook Inbox is disabled in 3.0
After installing Microsoft CRM Laptop client, The feature in Outlook. Tools-->Options-->Preferences-->Email (First section in the tab)--->Email Options (button beside Junk-email)-->Message Handling-->Choose 'Open the next item' in the dropdown. This feature is disabled. If you choose this option from dropdown, you still end up with a view of the inbox instead of the next item to read or delete. Anyone seen this before? what could be the resolution? thnx, -m ...

xp locks up with great plains 6.0
Has anyone experiences great plains locking up with windows xp sp2. Everything else works except when I go to print the program locks up. when I first get into great plains I can print for a while. If I am on great plains for a while without printing. Then when I go to print it locks up. I then have to have someone boot me off the great plains system. This only occurs in Great Plains. Thanks, Francisco. I would check the list of compatiable printers for GP 6.0 and see if it is on the "black list". You may want to try to download the latest print driver as well if y...

test #17
elektrik40@hotmail.com Please use a test newsgroup instead such as microsoft.public.test.here ...

Update 12.2.0 Failure #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am running snow leopard 10.6.1 and whenever I update office 2008 to 12.2.0 it fails and office stops working. I followed the CompuFor instructions on updating and these do work for me either. It might be worth mentioning I could not find these files: OS Drive\Library\Applications\Microsoft Office 2008 OS Drive\Library\Preferences\com.microsoft.* OS Drive \Library\Preferences\Microsoft OS Drive\Users\your_account\Library\Application Support\CrashReporter\Intervals_00000000-0000-1000-8000- 001B631F7D07.plist OS Driv...

Getting all records with same name passed from a textbox
Hello, How do i get all records based on the name a customer enters in a textbox from a form Let say in the query i do %betty% - this will return all records with betty partly in it. I am trying to replicate the same based on a value passed from the form How do i get the same result using Like ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) - this gives me only one record how do i replicate the same result which gives me all records like when i did %betty% from query design? Thanks for your help. Try: Like * & ([Forms]![Main]![txt_exis_pt_name]) & * That might jus...

Outlook 2003 migration from XP to Windows 7 custome upgrade
I have installed Outlook 2003 after upgrading Windows 7 (previously removed 2007 until I can afford to purchase it). How do I migrate my old email files back into Outlook 2003? Also where are the pst folders located in the Windows.old folder? You're saying you did not even bother to back up your data before you did an OS upgrade? You just assumed your data would remain perfectly intact? You have not asked an Outlook question. Post in an OS group. Include the details of how you "upgraded" your OS when you do. They will be able to tell you whether your old data still...

RMS 2.0 - Reports Menu
The Custom option under the reports menus is non-selectable. How do I enable it? Is this a special add-on? thanks! Simply you do not have any custom reports in your Reports folder. That is why it is greyed. If you took any report and changed the start to be "Custom - " and restarted Manager you will notice Custom will no longer be greyed out. Robert "Randy" wrote: > > The Custom option under the reports menus is non-selectable. How do I > enable it? > > Is this a special add-on? > > thanks! I appreciate your reply Robert. I am als...

How to set the text alignment in text field in CRM 4.0?
How to set the text alignment in text field in CRM 4.0? ...

outlook freezes #7
i have been having the problem with my outlook, once i open it it freezes and stays frozen until i have to use the task manager to end the process. other people i know have also been having this problem. and they pretty much had to recreate their windows profile in order for outlook to work again. is there a way fix this without recreating my profile? thanks! >-----Original Message----- >i have been having the problem with my outlook, once i open it it freezes >and stays frozen until i have to use the task manager to end the process. >other people i know have also been hav...