Microsoft works stopped working

when I try to open my works and a new document it says it has stopped working
and will contact me if it finds a solution.  I'm stuck
vista.performance_maintenance 142 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Outlook 2003 signatures not working
When the "Signature for new messages" is set to a signature it will not stay set. It reverts back to none. It usually takes a day or so for it to revert back to none. Any ideas? type of email accts? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com ...

FindAsUType I got it to work but still have ?
I got the FindAsUType form to work for me. Yeah! I deleted the form and code that I had previously tried and could not figure out. I then went back step by step and tried it again. This time, at 3a.m. with “No Interruptions” from outside sources”. LOL. I have managed to make it work. But, I have some questions still. I copied the combo box from example and when I typed in what I wanted to filter, it gave me the msg “Item not in the list”. I then deleted these. Boxes. I placed a combo box on the “filter the field” and identified the following choices: Part Name, Part Number, a...

after upload new sitemap
Hi, I added this to the sitemap xml <Area Id="cust_Projecten" ResourceId="custarea_Projecten" ShowGroups="true" Icon="/_imgs/workplace_24x24.gif" Description="Alle projecten"> <Group Id="Algemeen"> <SubArea Id="nav_leads" Entity="lead" /> </Group> </Area> When I uploaded the sitemap to the server everything worked, when I refreshed - I got an error when CRM is loaded. Appearently the ResourceId custarea_Projecten is not found in CRM, an alternative is re...

About stopping container to resize on some condition
Hi I am new in this group. I am using Docking window in my application. When I dock more than one window to each other. I read that it creates container for all that panes. Now when I am docking 3-4 windows horizontally , It create one vertical resizing bar. I want that bar remove and also remove the facility of resizing on some condition. but window should not be undocked. It must be in same position and also I must able to resizing horizontally. Just I want to turn off the vertical resizing as well as remove vertical bar or make it thinner. If anyone has any solution. Please ma...

Do you think this could work?
A school where kids only spend 2 and a half hours formal instruction a day (as in, 1 hour maths, 1 hour literacy, half an hour of science, history or a language on alternating days?) Then the rest of the time they are given the option of choosing what they want to do with the resources offered by the school? Like working in the garden, playing a sport, joining a club, signing up for elective classes, or private study in the library etc. Once they get to 15 or 16, they sit down with a counselor guide and "map out" the sort of things they'd want to do, and organise ...

Change my Inbox messages from comcast.net to Microsoft Outlook
I would like to use Outlook to send/receive all my correspondence. Right now I have to use comcast.net. How do I change this? does Comcast support pop3 and SMTP? if so, they should have a how to page for configuring accounts in it or Outlook Express - the steps are similar but the dialogs will be different. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Soluti...

Microsoft Access 2000
Hi I hope that someone out there can help me with this issue as I am now at my wits end. We have one user who cannot open Microsoft Access databases either by double clicking on a shortcut or by double clicking on the database file itself. The only way they can currently open an Access database is by opening MS Access and then opening the database from with there. The error received is "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." So far I have checked the users profile looks correct and deleted ...

Iif, And Expressions in a Query (Working with Dates)
I am trying to create an expression that will look at the 1st Pmt Date Long and if it's <= #1/1/2007# and #1/1/2007# < Last Pmt Date Long, to bring a field called Total Payment Forward. So, if the 1st Pmt Date Long is 3/1/2004 and the Last Pmt Date Long is 10/1/2009, it should be bringing the Total Payment Forward. At least, that is my goal. Below is my expression that I'm using in the field called "Jan 2007" : Jan 2007: IIf([1st Pmt Date Long]<=#1/1/2007# And #1/1/2007# < [Last Pmt Date Long],[Total Payment Forward],0) This only returns all the 1st Pmt...

Work Request Template
I am in need of a good templete for staff to use when they need to request a Report (Crystal) or Map (MapInfo). It needs to include the location of data to be used for the report, purpose of the report, time needed, etc. Does anyone know of a good one before I start trying to create one? I have looked at the MS Templates and connot locate one for this. TIA -- John C. Harris, MPA JCZ Consulting Services, LLC ...

Keyboard and mouse seem to not work with word
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I just upgraded from a Powerbook G4 to a MacBook Pro, and I've used my second key for this Office 2004 edition (Student and Teacher). I installed it all right, entered the product key, and now whenever I try to open it, I can't do anything. The whole "what kind of file do you want to open?" opens up, but I can't click anywhere. I can't even close the program without Force Quitting (as I can't use the mouse and I can't do Command+q). What do I do? How do I fix this? Thanks, Chris On 8/28/09 11:34 AM, in...

Outlook works fine after using Outlook Express once...????
Here's an interesting problem : I have set up Outlook and Outlook Express to the same settings for my POP3 account. When I try to send an email from Outlook I get the error : 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Even if I try to "Read" before "Sending", which is a common remedy for this problem, Outlook still wont work.. Emails are downloaded fine, but still I cannot send an email. However, if I use Outlook Express to send/receive an email first, Outlook works fine afterwards.... Any ideas ? I thought that Outlook and O.Expre...

Can anyone work out the ED50 value on an graph on Excel?
I need to construct log dose response curves. I can do this by converting the values on the x axis into log10 values. I am stuck to how to get the ED50 values... (ed50 is basically the median value) Thanks On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, naf <naf@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I need to construct log dose response curves. I can do this by converting the >values on the x axis into log10 values. > >I am stuck to how to get the ED50 values... (ed50 is basically the median >value) Don't work out ED50 using a chart, work it out using sprea...

Word 2007 has Stopped Working
We have a PC running Vista_Business version and Office 2007. Every time a document is closed we receive the error message: Word has stopped working. Is there a way to fix this? I have searched the Support section of Microsoft.com and found this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940791/EN-US. It doesn't seem to have helped. Still happening. Thank you for any input. -- marcia Try renaming the Normal.dotm template to OldNormal.dotm and then restart Word. If that does not solve the problem, go to the Developer tab in Word and click on the Document Template button and then...

Microsoft 2003 Error Message: cannot read file
I was using Microsoft 99. Recently upgraded to Microsoft 2003. When I try to open money.mny I get the following message: Money cannot locate 'C:\Documents_and_Settings\MyDocuments\Money\Money.m ny' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is being used by another application, close it in the other application and click OK to try again. 1...

Control + C wont work
Does anyone know of a setting to enable/disable copying with contol + c For some reason it is not working for me. Thanks in advance -- WREFOR ----------------------------------------------------------------------- WREFORD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2659 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39868 Is the worksheet protected -- swatsp0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510 View this th...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Beta Install w/Terminal Services
Hi all, During the installation of MS CRM 3.0 beta on a Win2k3 running terminal services in application server mode, the install stops during the checklist and complains that MS Reporting Services cannot be installed because TS is NOT in remote administration mode...switch to that mode for the installation. How is this done on Win2K3 TS? I have tried all the old tricks (i.e. change user / install, installing through control panel A/R Programs but the installation program can't be fooled). Surely I don't have to reinstall TS in RA mode just to install this application. Any th...

alternative recipient cannot work
My existing email account can forward to alternative recipient. but my new email account cannot forward to the existing email account. And your question is...? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "KF" <kenny.fok@hk.eastecher.com> wrote in message news:05a901c3afe3$a88a9fc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My existing email account can forward to alternative > recipient. but my new email account cannot forward to the > existing email account. ...

Office 2008 working directory
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently switched my home computer from a PC to a new Intel Mac and one of the apps for which I made sure to obtain a replacement version for the Mac is, of course Office... I have observed a few quirks and which I will be posting about as time goes by... The BIGGEST question I have is this: Is there a reason the "Microsoft User Data" folder resides in the Documents folder rather than in Libraries -> Application Support? I would think that the Documents folder would be for just documents and nothing els...

how do you stop editing the text in a created button
i'm in the process of setting up a spreadsheet, which happens to include macros! now the only problem i have is everytime i press the relevant button i've created and assigned a macro to it goes straight in to the editing text mode! is there any way of stopping that! Sounds like a command button from the Control Toolbox. Open the Control Toolbox Toolbar and click on the design button to "exit design mode". This would be the top left button on the toolbar. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:18:13 -0800, "kara" <kara@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Transferring Excel 97 spreadsheets to MS Works
Is there any way of transferring Excel back-ups on CD-RW from my previous PC - which has been stolen - to a new machine running MS Works without losing the comments added to certain cells. Furthermore, although the suggestion in Help of clicking File/New in a Works spreadsheet,then going to the file on CD-RW enables me to open the file, without the comments, but trying to save it to Works ends in failure. ...

Stop Blaming the Developers for Everything...
I've been reading a lot of posts where people slam the developers of MSM05 and essentially blame them for the fact the MSM05 is so crappy. I don't claim to know exactly how the MSMoney team conducts its development process but I do have experience in software development so please allow me to educate you people a little... The developers can certainly be blamed for some of the defects in the application, but the majority of the design decisions come from business analysts and marketing types. For example, some dork in marketing decided one day that "hey, my bank's ...

Working hours #2
Hi, I have helpdesk inquiries logged in at various times of the day. Sinc our working hours are from 08:00 to 17:00, I would like to the clock t start the next working day if the inquiry arrives after working hours. Can anyone suggest what formula I should use? Example of cell A1 content: 13/06/2005 14:05 Thanks Han -- Hani Muhtad ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hani Muhtadi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2679 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46722 Hi Hani Try =IF...

Simple Workflow Email Not Working
I am new to workflows, and am trying to learn how to create a workflow that emails someone when "x" is completed. So as a test I created a new work flow... Name: Test1 Description: testing work flow Entity: Account Event: Create I created a simple test, when an account is created, email me: When account is created E-mail To:Steve;Subject:Account {!Account:Account Name;} has been created I created this on the server through the CRM Workflow Manager. Then after I Activate it, I login through my account on my PC and Apply the rule. But when I create a new account, I do not receiv...

Time calculations for Scheduled Time vs. Actual Time Worked
I am trying to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) Formula A3...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 Connector
Microsoft Outlook 2003 Connector for Lotus Notes This is in beta testing stage!!! "Maverick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cf101c3d600$70fc1aa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Microsoft Outlook 2003 Connector for Lotus Notes > ...