card reader and errors

Toshiba a305-6905 3gb laptop. 1.5 years.
All of a sudden I stick a  Sony memory stick and a I tried a filled sd card
to ensure it wasn't one of the either and regardless I get an error.
Shows up when inserted on my computer but no pics will be displayed because
it says the media card needs to be formatted first even with pics on it. So
I played along and let the computer tried to format the card and it computer
is unable to format. Storage on portable media is not in the lock position.
Pics will show up on camera and printer so I know this is computer related
only. Shows up on device manager as Ricoh memory stick, says it has the
latest driver.
I will go for a usb card reader if necessary. Before spending $20 anyone
have any ideas or suggestions? I am the administrator. Just started just
like that but I could be wrong, don't remember at the time, but I think it
started happening after the computer awoke from sleep mode. I use Vista 32
bit. Avast and Malwarebytes installed along with CC cleaner programs.
Defender is off. Help? I would be willing to call you or vice versa to see
if you are familiar with the repair trying to fix over the phone.
thanks, Bruce

or is this something where I have the wrong sharing settings-what a pain- xp
was better. I am not a computer guru obviously so please make it is simple
to understand.

0
iluv
2/25/2010 3:29:24 PM
vista.performance_maintenance 142 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you installed any driver updates via MSUpdate?
Review your update history if unsure.
If you have, reinstall drivers from Tosh site, specific to your model

"iluv my kitties and family" <NOSPAMb@cox.net> wrote in message
> Toshiba a305-6905 3gb laptop. 1.5 years.
> All of a sudden I stick a  Sony memory stick and a I tried a filled sd
> card to ensure it wasn't one of the either and regardless I get an error.
> Shows up when inserted on my computer but no pics will be displayed
> because it says the media card needs to be formatted first even with pics
> on it. So I played along and let the computer tried to format the card and
> it computer is unable to format. Storage on portable media is not in the
> lock position. Pics will show up on camera and printer so I know this is
> computer related only. Shows up on device manager as Ricoh memory stick,
> says it has the latest driver.
> I will go for a usb card reader if necessary. Before spending $20 anyone
> have any ideas or suggestions? I am the administrator. Just started just
> like that but I could be wrong, don't remember at the time, but I think it
> started happening after the computer awoke from sleep mode. I use Vista 32
> bit. Avast and Malwarebytes installed along with CC cleaner programs.
> Defender is off. Help? I would be willing to call you or vice versa to see
> if you are familiar with the repair trying to fix over the phone.
> thanks, Bruce
>
> or is this something where I have the wrong sharing settings-what a pain-
> xp was better. I am not a computer guru obviously so please make it is
> simple to understand.

0
DL

send/receive error message
I kept getting a pop up box about email tasks not completed even when Outlook wasn't open. I clicked on something to make it go away (don't remember what it was exactly - I was in the middle of a project and this notice was very distracting). Now when the Inbox in open and I click on Send/Receive, I get an error message box that reads "The Operation Failed". I'm still getting mail, but only when it is scheduled to be scanned for incoming items. How can I restore the ability to check for incoming mail at will? What is the exact error message and what version of...

ms money error 12007
how does one resolve this issue that prevents browser from accessing site? For those of us who don't know Money error numbers by heart--virtually everybody likely to come here and help--could you give us some more context? <emmx77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2c89bdfd-b040-4c0c-b8e2-5517f45d20ad@n41g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > how does one resolve this issue that prevents browser from accessing > site? http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/466.aspx appears to answer your question. Assuming your situation meets the requirements in that article. <emmx77@gmail.com>...

Run-time Error 1004
I have a macro which splits composite data (20,000+ rows) into a number of accounts (3 at present) and then for each of these accounts splits the data further into users (85, 156, 130). Having separated the data, I copy each part to a temporary sheet, move this away from the main workbook and then save the new workbook with a filename based on the username. The problem is that when I run it it seems to stop (having created 177 new files) with this error message "Copy method of Worksheet class failed". The actual statement pointed to by debug is Sheets(my_temp).Copy After:=S...

business card templates
I bought Avery template 8871 that prints 10 business cards per page and I printed those just fine. I would like to switch to template 8869 which prints 8 per page. It seems like such an easy thing to change but I can't find the option anywhere! I seem to recall that I entered in the template number the first time I used this product. Does anybody know how to change this printing template Thanks I found the option. Instead of choosing business card in Page Setup, I chose Lebel and was able to choose the right template. ...

Organization Settings Error
Seems like everyone is having a similar issue with CRM 3.0, no supprise then whats following... Problem: Error message to contact sysadmin when selecting either System Settings or Fiscal Year Settings. (you can access Auto Numbering) Tried: Changed expiry on server to immediately from 3 days. Rebooted both server and client, with no fix. Deleted all cached Internet files, with no fix. Can anyone help ?? (my only other thought is to wait till Monday and see if anything hanging in the system expires (3 days)). Any help greatly appreciated. I dont know if this helps? You may have...

Error message sending from Outlook2003(0X8004010F)
I am trying to use Outlook for the first time and keep getting the error message above. I have talked to Bigpond and they could not help. Outlook express works fine. Email address is sheryljoyce@bigpond.com Hi Sheryl, This seems to point to a problem syncronising an Offline Address Book. A quick fix could be as simple as Delete your Mail Profile and then recreate it again. Make sure that you save all messages, contacts, etc before you delete the mail profile or these could all be lost forever. I'm assuming that you just have a POP3 account set up to access your Bigpond mail accou...

DoCmd.TransferDatabase run-time error 2501
I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this. I have several databases created using Access 2000. I'm using a transfer utility developed by a contractor of some years ago for our company to update the production databases we have at remote locations. I have used it without error or problem for two years and it started hanging up, giving me this error: Run-time error '2501' TransferDatabase was cancelled I've been running through the knowledge base and online help to try and find out why this was occurring. All I've been able to do so far is ...

Great Plains 10.0 Workflow installation Error
Hi, I am trying to install GP 10.0 Workflow on my PC. I have installed GP 10.0 on my Windows Server 2003 SP2 system with Sharepoint 2007 and completed all the pre-requisites required for installing GP 10.0 Workflow. While I am at the end of the installation process after providing GP Webservice and GP Security Service paths, an error dialog box appears on my screen displaying "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 must be installed in order to continue with the installation.". I have already installed .Net versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 earlier. Can anyone help me out on this?? I have foun...

Application Error
Hi, After I installed Exch2003, I'm seeing the follow errors in my application log. My DC is already pointing my current Exch2003 box (exchange2003.arkon-group.com) as per http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272552, but the errors still persist. May I ask how could I fix these? Regards, Norman Event Type: Error Event Source: MSADC Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8026 Date: 9/28/2004 Time: 7:26:30 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCH2003 Description: LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory exch2003.arkon-group.com for distinguished name ''. Directory ...

USB PCI card driver
Hi I am working on porting a NET2280 USB PCI card WDM driver. i am confused as how to proceed with it. Can i modify the existing driver as a stream interface driver and then use registry settings as: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\USB] "Prefix"="NUB" "Dll"="NiDUsb.dll" "Class"=dword:0C "SubClass"=dword:03 to load the driver. Thanks Sreekanth The CE6 already has net2280 driver (public\COMMON\oak\drivers\UsbFn\controller\net2280\) is there any special reason you want to port it f...

OWA Junk E-mail error
"An error occurred processing your Junk E-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on the server. Contact your server administrator." Can't seem to see where this is set at. User is not near mailbox size. Exchange 2003, sp1, imf, on Windows 2003. Thanks in advance for an info. ...

Error Msg
When the sql scripts are run, there is an error message saying “contact system administrator” -- Melanie, This is a very general/vague error message. Please go to the web.config file located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb by default and find the DevErrors Key. Make sure the value is set to "On" (Case sensitive). Reproduce the error and you should now get a more detailed error message. If this does not produce any extra information you may need to look into turning on tracing to see exactly what is failing. -Xavier www.MSCRMExperts.com Quest Business Solutions ...

install error 1320
hi I get this error when I try to install money 2004. I run xp pro. Error 1320: the specified path is too long: N:\My settings I have previously installed tis version with no problems, but had to have my laptop rebuilt for a modification on the network at work. Any ideas? thanks Edward How are you mapping the N: drive? Are you using the DOS Subst command, because windows installer doesn't understand this. If you are, and still want an N: drive, then use the computer management tool in administrative tools in control panel. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://sup...

Connection error during data migration #2
The CRM Server is installled in the same machine as SQL Server. Basically, > the setup topology is as below: > i) SQL Server is already up and running before CRM installation. > ii) MSCRM is installed. > iii) Using Web Application, I have created the necessary user with roles and > licenses. This means that the CRM database in the SQL server is working fine > right. > iv) Then I install the CRM Data Migration software. > v) Run the InitializationTool.exe and transfer data using Data > Transformation in Enterprise Manager. > vi) Then I run the MigrationTool.e...

Error message "The operation failed"
Hi, we have a public contacts folder with a self designed form. This form includes a field called "Add. Notes". Since a few days, I cannot acces this field anymore when I try to create a view with this field, or when I try to drag and drop this field from the field chooser to the column title. I always get the error "The operation failed" - but this isn't really helpful :-( I've deleted the formscache already, no success. When I open an item with this field associated, it works perfectly in the form itself, only when I try to access the field from the preview pane i...

Error #9
What have I done? My outlook will not open. I get an error message: OUTLOOK .exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. What do I do??? Carol cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly: > What have I done? My outlook will not open. I get an > error message: OUTLOOK .exe has generated errors and will > be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. > What do I do??? Detect and Repair. -- gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk To email me replace the obvious! Gordon wrote: > Carol cogitated deeply and scribbled thusl...

Users recieve error message when accepting meeting requests.
Exchange 2003 / Windows server 2003 AD. When users accept or send a meeting request the sometimes recive an e-mail message containing the following text Your message with the subject "Godtatt: Styremøte PF - OU prosess" could not be processed due to delays in processing of previous messages. Please report this error to your system administrator There are no errors or warnings in the application log for the time the message was sent. Do anybody know what is the cause of this, maybe even how the error can be removed ...

E2k3 ESM on Win2003 member server -Error 8240
I installed the ESM on a Windows 2003 member server using a custom install, and chose to only install the ESM. However, now this member server is listed in ESM as an installed server with mounted stores. When I go into Add/Remove wizard to remove the Messaging installation (Which it does show as installed btw), I am told there is no object on the server. If I try to remove the server from ESM per the article below, I get the same error as Add/Remove: --------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Installation Wizard --------------------------- Setup encountered an error while checking pr...

What is a Outlook runtime error, line 297?
When I open Mircosoft Outlook I get a Runtime error. Do you want to debug, Line 297, Error Class no registered. What is this? It is a new computer, the program came installed and I have activated it already. I have also tried rebooting. If I answer yes, I go through some windows involving "New instance of Microsoft script editor" and end with "Break" or "Continue". ...

Move Mailbox Error #2
When trying to move a maibox from one store on the Exchange Server to a second store on the same server I get this error: The Information Store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchagne Server Computer Failed. The account I'm using is the same account used to install the sever and has Full Exchange Administrator rights in the System Manager along with being a local admin on the server. We did have an issue with a 3rd party connector (RightFax) that was resolved by changing some other permissons but I cannot find any deny permissons for the account I'm using. ...

Error upgrading to Web Develolper 2010
I recently had to upgrade from Web Developer Express 2008 to 2010 (re-installed Windows 7-64), while writing a website using the MSChart control for .Net Framework. The site had been working fine, but now I'm getting multiple error messages: Error 4 'Chart1' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. ' What's causing this? And more important, what can I do about it? Thanks, Martin ...

Error Message: CS0234 about CRM
Hello, some actions on the objects of CRM V 1,2 I Generate the following error: MSCRM Compilation Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Types' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Microsoft.Crm.Platform' (are you missing an assembly reference?) Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\SFA\opps\dlg_closeopp.aspx This error is present in more actions that make reference to the aspx of the CRM... I have verified moreover the presence of the DLL,...

Run-time error '3183' Not enough space on temporary disk
Can anyone shed some light on what this error means and how to fix it? This database runs automatically each week and has worked fine up until today. Now each time it reaches a specific query it gives me this error. Does this have something to do with the jet*.tmp files? I can provide more info if needed. Thanks in advance. How big is the datebase file(s)? The newer versions of Access have a maximum of 2 GB size. You could try to do a Compact and Repair to bring down the file size. Also check how much free space there is on the drive holding the database file. You could just be running o...

Error executing SSIS package used to populate GP Analysis Cubes
Hi, Our GP databases are installed on SQL Server 2000. I have installed GP Analysis Cubes For Excel on a SQL Server 2005 server. The installation worked without a hitch, however when I try to run the SSIS master package to populate the Data Warehouse database I get an error under the "Run Company" section stating: "Error: Error 0xC0014037 while preparing to load the package. The package is encrypted with a password. The password was not specified, or is not correct." And at the bottom of the execution trail there is a warning to the effect that "the number of ...

IM Error
Hi!! I am using Integration Manager to load 80 invoices with 1 item per invoice. Im extract data from SQL table. Some invoices load correctly, but others do not load the item. How may i see the query that Integration Manager is sending to SQL Server? Thanks Hi Cesar. You could use SQL Profiler on this. ---Darryl Bajaro "Cesar" wrote: > Hi!! > > I am using Integration Manager to load 80 invoices with 1 item per invoice. > Im extract data from SQL table. > > Some invoices load correctly, but others do not load the item. > > How may i see the q...