sound card fails with vista

on my old XP machine i had an sound blaster audigy se sound card and in
the mediasource 5 player it had an option called "what you hear" i used
this option to stream audio clips to friends combined with manycam i use
to broadcast my screen and audio while gaming to my friends.

i took the card out of my xp machine and put in this vista home basic 32
bit machine and i cant get what you hear option back to save my life.
ive been searching for about 4 hours with no help. all i run across is
other forums and people suggesting sound recording software that records
through the spekers. this is not what i am wanting to do i dont need to
record anything, i need to broadcast the sound thats coming through my
speakers bypassing the mic.

as i said i am needing the "what you hear" option to broadcast my
gameplay via msn/blogtv.

any idea how i can get the "what you hear" option back?

i dont really want to go back to XP but i will if its the only way i can
get the option back.

--
DustyDusty
0

moving mailbox failed
I took the plunge and decided to move mailboxes. The second mailbox I moved failed. I have 2 exchange 2003 servers fully patched. On the source exchange server I get event ids 8507 and 8505. On the destination exchange server I get event ids 1006, 9172, and 1008. These errors are close to article 839217. I got the hot fix but I can not install it because it says I have too high of service pack. Any suggestions. ...

Gift Cards & Quickbooks
If anyone is using RMS SO, selling gift cards and exporting to quickbooks; can you please tell me what general ledger accounts you have your gift card tender type and gift card sales going to. Currently I have my gift card sales credited to a liability and my gift card tender debited to the same liability. I sold a $10 gift card yesterday and it posted correctly to the liability account. Today I redeemed the gift card but it did not debit the liability account. What am I doing wrong??? Any help would be appreciated!!! Kelly Kelly, Can you specify more detail how you configure yo...

PCCharge debit card module
I have just learned about the PCCharge debit card module for RMS. I need something that will work with the Omaha network. Is this a good solution? Recommended? Any problems? Thanks, Charles Coutret Avila Retail ...

GM Card and Direct Services (2-Way)
I'm trying to setup online services for a GM credit card in M03. Has anyone done this successfully, for Direct Services (2-Way)? GM/(Household Bank)'s helpful tech support say they support Direct Services (2-Way), they even verified this a second time. Unfortunately, Money doesn�t have them in their list of financial institutions. After pointing tech support to the list on Money's website, they acknowledged that 'Household Bank ... does not seem to be currently listed'. They suggested I contact Money Support directly to address this. Strangely, though, in M03, I ...

Force disable of power management on network card?
Hello! I have a few XP Pro SP3 computers on an ancient SBS 2000 domain and I am trying to prevent the workstations from EVER going to sleep or turning off the NIC so that they can be accessed remotely at any time. I cannot find a group policy to disable the "Allow the computer to turn off this device..." setting. I have "powercfg /hibernate off" in the login script to prevent hibernation. I also need to stop all NICs from going to sleep. I can uncheck the boxes to not allow them to be put to sleep, but something re-enables that feature within a few minutes...

credit card "chip" compliancy...
I have been trying to get an answer as to whether or not RMS is currently "chip" compliant for the new credit card standard being rolled out in early 2007. This is a concern for us and we would like to be prepared or at least armed with some answers for clients and potential clients. Due to the lack of response to my earlier questions, I can only assume that NOBODY has a clue about this initiative being rolled out. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &quo...

Ctrl-c fails to work
Unusual issue. I don't know if anyone knows a workaround. When a user opens GP (v7.5 sp4 and 7), ctrl-c and ctrl-v work fine for copying and pasting. Once Transactions>>Financial>>Reconcile is opened, ctrl-c no longer works. You can click edit>>copy, but the keyboard shortcut to copy fails (ctrl-v still works). Closing GP and reopening resolves the issue, until you open that window again. Any thoughts? I have a client that has the same issue that the Ctrl-C will fails to work on the SOP item line. However have not yet been able to determine what conditions cause i...

Ringing sound
My computer recently starts making a ringing sound. Its not a beeping sound but ringing sound. I have cleaned my computer, checked for any loose wires, and made sure that the fans are working properly. I ran a full system scan with Norton Internet security in Safe mode, it did not pick up any viruses. Today did the same again no viruses. I'm using Vista Business SP 2. What could possibly be the problem. There is no hidden adverts I can find and no disk errors. -- CJT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CJT's Profile: http://...

Sounds, PPT 2004 11.3.5 ICONs show during slide show
I need help with sounds and not being able to hide the SOUND ICON from showing during the presentation. I have a large presentation and about 20 slides have sounds (bird songs, music clips) to go with the photos. I have used the same presentation and the sounds worked flawlessly many times over the last few years. I now have a problem. Unlike before, the sounds do NOT play for several of the slides, (except as explained below) On those slides for which I have wave files indicated by the icon that looks like a speaker (with a blue circle in the middle) the sounds work fine. I hide the icon by p...

Quicksell 2000 credit card processing
I am still running Quicksell for my small independent bookstore. I've tried to start the upgrade process to RMS but never found a partner who could talk me through the trial version, so I've decided to stick with Quicksell but upgrade my printer and credit card technology. At the moment, I'm running an old Epson dot matrix receipt printer through my parallel port. I'd like to buy a faster, thermal receipt printer but I've read that people had problems processing credit cards through printers without a USB port. However, will I be able to use a USB printer with Quic...

Access 2007 with Vista performance slow
I have Access 2003 on a Win XP Pro SP2 desktop (512 MB RAM) and SQL Server 2000 database (50,000 records). I also have Access 2007 on a Vista Home Premium laptop (1 GB RAM); SQL Server 2005 installed with identical db. My primary app is an Access 2003 mdb front end with ODBC links to SQL Server which runs like a scalded cat on Win XP whether linked to the SQL Server 2000 or the SQL Server 2005. But when I run the mdb with Access 2007 on Vista, it is sooo doggy that it is unusable. Like 3-4 minutes for record navigation! Doesn't matter whether linked to the SS2000 or the SS2005 db. ...

Outlook XP to Outlook Vista Home Premium
I have my old outlook stored on an external HDD as my old computer died. The new computer has Vista, but when I try to retrieve the old email from the E drive, I get stuck. Can someone help me with the steps to retrieve the old emails? Thank you very much! ...

Data Protection Mangager 2010 failed to start
One server that was backing up just fine is now no longer backing up. I'm not sure where to go from here as searching newsgroups and forums are not providing any answers. The following is the error code that I'm getting: Backup attempted at '4/20/2010 3:47:48 PM' failed to start, error code '2155348081'. Log Name: Microsoft-windows-Backup/Operational Source: Backup EventID: 19 Level: Error User: SYSTEM OpCode: Info Task Category: None Any help pointing me into the right direction would be greatly appreciated :) The event that ...

Remove entities from account card
Which is the easiest way to remove quote, order and invoice from the accountcard in the menu to the left? The easiest, and supported, way is to remove permissions to those entities. The unsupported way is to use client script in the form's onload event -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > Which is the easiest way to remove quote, order and invoice from the > accountcard in the menu to the left? ...

VISA CARD Affiliate Program here!!!
Hello, Yes, next week we will introduce a brand new VISA Card Affiliate Program. A Global Opportunity ( OR ALSO AN IMPORTANT CARD FOR YOUR PRESENT PERSONAL BUSINESS!! )- second to none - You have never seen anything similar before! Patent Pending Our new VISA Card Affiliate Program is so unique; a patent application is pending to protect the intellectual property of the commission plan, in other words - noting similar has ever been created! Pre-Launch Get positioned! Next week we will pre-launch the program to do a 2 week testing. On the first of June we will go full speed! Cards are...

The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting
Hello I have CRM 4 + RU7 on server; CRM 4 + RU5 + Office 2007 SP2 + Win 7; I try to upgrade Outlook Client to RU7 but after success install it do not start in Outlook with error : The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80131534. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=671. How to solve this problem ? B.I. "B.I." wrote: > Hello > > I have CRM 4 + RU7 on server; > CRM 4 + RU5 + Office 2007 SP2 + Win 7; > > I try to upgrade Outlook Client to RU7 but a...

PC Shuts down-Vista
Hi I have Vista and for an unknown reason the pc shuts itself down, sometimes after 45 mins, 30 mins, sometimes after 10 mins. This has only been happening since we cleaned the dust out of the base unit which we did do carefully. I have tried system restore, downloaded windows updates, updated norton and done a full scan (of which took several hours and the pc stayed on) all fans seem to be working. Nothing seems to trigger it in particular and timings are different. Any ideas would be welcome. Thankyou On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 23:41:01 -0800, Karen <Karen@discussions.microsof...

Wild Card / Character
Hi Using the formula in excel = sumproduct(-- (left(A1:A200;1)="2");c1:c200) it means that take the first digit in column a if this i equal to 2 then sumarize C column this vorks fine. But if I change the "2" to a wild Character such as "*" or "?" it does not function. nor if I Use "~*" or "~?" The tilde I use is [ALT}126 The A colunm does include text only I use XP 2003 Anyone have an Idea Kurt What are you trying to do? Summarize column C if the first character of column A is any character? Doesn't make sense. Pete On ...

Sound Problems After XP Recovery
I did a Recovery of XP (not a format, just the standard recovery) and now there's no sound from the speakers. I checked in Control Panel and it says there are no drivers installed for the Multimedia Audio Controller (Realtek AC'97). I downloaded the original drivers and tried to install. But the installation stops and I get the message, "The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request." How can I fix this? By the way, I've done a recovery of XP on more than one occaision on this same computer and never had this...

evaluation mode problem in vista
Hi, I just replace my xp computer with vista home premium running 1.3R. I was able to install RMS fine and connect with the database. However, when I open POS (this is reg #1 and has the dongle - parallel) it shows that I am running in evaluation mode. Is RMS 1.3 supported under vista? Do I need to get a windows xp instead? Any help is appreciated. Regards JD ...

corruption of mdb files on network drives using Access 2003 under Vista
I have been having a rather aggravating problem with databases becoming corrupt after opening them on a Vista machine. I have finally found a common theme to the problem, and a work around, and am wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Running Access 2003 on a Vista Business computer in a Windows 2003 AD environment. If I open an Access database, make any changes to ANY object, then close the database and allow it to automatically compact itself, the database ends up corrupt and I can no longer open it under Vista, nor under XP. I have found that if I turn off the automatic compacting...

Outlook XP fails to archive old emails
I've tried this numerous times. I've been trying to create archives of my old emails to clear them out of my everyday ..pst folder. I have successfully created the inbox_2001.pst, inbox_2002.pst files and the sent_2001.pst, sent_2002.pst and send_2003.pst For the life of me, I can't get my inbox to archive stuff from 2003. All of the folders have 'Archive items in this folder using the default settings' option checked. When doing the export, I say 'Archive this folder and its subfolders' and say to 'Archive items older than: Thu 1/1/2004' The archive proce...

Outlook 2003 and Vista Help!
I continue to have problems with Outlook 2003 receiving or sending emails if I exit Outlook and then restart it. The only way to correct it is to restart windows OR go into task manager and close multiple Outlook process listings. What is the solution? Thanks, REL Ron Lane, you wrote on Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:09:01 -0500: > I continue to have problems with Outlook 2003 receiving or sending emails if > I exit Outlook and then restart it. The only way to correct it is to restart > windows OR go into task manager and close multiple Outlook process listings. > What is the sol...

Outlook 2007 Setting failed sent emails as scheduals
Hello, i am having a problem sending emails using my outlook 2007 client. i have my outlook set up to access gmail pop3. i use an external program that sends 300 individual emails to outlook, which outlook then sends off. but what i am finding is it sends about 150 of these emails then send and receive comes up as complete. if i then try press send and receive again it will come up as complete straight away. after looking closer i found that the ICON that shows email is sending (envelope with lines behind it) changes to an envelope with a clock on it, which i am aware...

Discover Card
Hi, Is anyone else having trouble downloading data using Direct Services from Discover Card? For the last two days I keep getting "I'm sorry, the system is unavailable right now, please try again later." -- John "JohnA" <John@TheAtas.org-spamguard> wrote in message news:%23iE0AWQ3HHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is anyone else having trouble downloading data using Direct Services from > Discover Card? For the last two days I keep getting "I'm sorry, the > system is unavailable right now, please try again later."...