Where can I find Brick wall in Visio?

Im looking to make a wall(brick wall!) but i can't find where's in Visio.
-1
john15 (1)
10/26/2008 3:13:00 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:13:00 -0700, john15
<john15@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Im looking to make a wall(brick wall!) but i can't find where's in Visio.

It's well hidden. Open the Custom Patterns stencil
menu File -> Shapes -> Visio Extras
put a box type of shape on your page
menu Format -> Fill and select the Brick pattern

You may need to adjust the scaling.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/

1) If you want a picture of a brick wall, select Insert/Picture/Clip Art and
search for
     brick wall
You'll find a lot of cartoons but several unadorned, usable brick walls.

2) There is a brick wall of sorts in the network stencils -- select
File/Shapes/Network/Network and Perhipherals and look for the Firewall master.

"Paul Herber" wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:13:00 -0700, john15
> <john15@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Im looking to make a wall(brick wall!) but i can't find where's in Visio.
>
> It's well hidden. Open the Custom Patterns stencil
> menu File -> Shapes -> Visio Extras
> put a box type of shape on your page
> menu Format -> Fill and select the Brick pattern
>
> You may need to adjust the scaling.
>

> --
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/

Another alternative is to make your own custom fill pattern.  References for
doing this are:
1.)  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa200997(office.10).aspx
2.)  an example --
http://www.visguy.com/2008/09/09/hexagonal-custom-fill-pattern/

Wapperdude

"Scott Helmers" wrote:

> Two other suggestions:
>
> 1) If you want a picture of a brick wall, select Insert/Picture/Clip Art and
> search for
>      brick wall
> You'll find a lot of cartoons but several unadorned, usable brick walls.
>
> 2) There is a brick wall of sorts in the network stencils -- select
> File/Shapes/Network/Network and Perhipherals and look for the Firewall master.
>

> "Paul Herber" wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:13:00 -0700, john15
> > <john15@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Im looking to make a wall(brick wall!) but i can't find where's in Visio.
> >
> > It's well hidden. Open the Custom Patterns stencil
> > menu File -> Shapes -> Visio Extras
> > put a box type of shape on your page
> > menu Format -> Fill and select the Brick pattern
> >
> > You may need to adjust the scaling.
> >

> > --
> > Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> > http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/

0
WapperDude (134)
10/28/2008 7:01:00 PM
Hi John,

Have a look at this stencil:

   File > Shapes > Network > Network > Network and Peripherals

It has a shape called "Firewall" that might get the job done!

--
Hope this helps,

Chris Roth
Visio MVP

Visio Guy: Smart Graphics for Visual People

  Articles: http://www.visguy.com
  Shapes:   http://www.visguy.com/shapes
  Dev:      http://www.visguy.com/category/development/
  Forum:    http://www.viguy.com/vgforum

john15 wrote:
> Im looking to make a wall(brick wall!) but i can't find where's in Visio.

Finding characters within a text
Hi How to check, using single formula, that a text within a certain cell contains one of certain characters? For instance, how to check if there is a 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' character within cell A1 that reads 'W-RII'. Thanks in advance Hmm..not very elegant, but maybe =NOT(AND(ISERROR(FIND("R",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("L",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("P",A1)))) Returns TRUE if the text in A1 contains 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' . FIND is case-sensitive, use SEARCH if you also want to find lower-case characters. Cheers, Joerg Mochiku...

Sql to find record in a hierarchical chain
Hi, lets say I have a table with 2 fields: myTable Field 1 - ref Field 2 - parentRef Now in the structure there could be numerous chains until you get to the top of the hieratchy (where the ref field = parentRef field). ie ref parentRef 111 222 222 333 333 444 444 444 so in this 444 is top of the chain (there will be many other records as well that are nothing to with 444 and are part of their own hierarchy). So how do I easily relate 111 to 444. Ie how do i find the ultimate top parent for a given 'ref' field. Hope anyone can give me some pointers ...

Can't install windows updates on SBS 2003
I have a SBS 2003 server that has not been updated in a couple years. It has SP2 installed but when I run Microsoft Update it needs to download and install 96 updates. When I try to get them installed it comes back with an error saying not enough disk space. I have tried to just install 1 update at a time and get the same error. The C:\ drive has over 14GB of free space and the other drives have plenty of space as well. I restarted the server and also ran Disk Cleanup, as the error message reccomends, but am still having the same problem. Anyone run across this problem befo...

Can't open Money 2002
Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. When I tried to open it, a window popped up (maybe showing a registry or something) for about 1 second, then... nothing. I even did a reinstall and at the end of the installation when Money is supposed to open, the same weird window popped up and then again... nothing. I have Norton antivirus with automatic updates. All other programs seem to be working fine. Any suggestions from all you experts out there? Thanks. Byron In microsoft.public.money, Byron wrote: >Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. >When ...

Can't send from OWA
Hello all, I have an 03 Exchange environment and am using the forms based authentication through an ISA 04 server for my OWA. I have a number of employees that work around the world and use OWA in order to access their e-mail. I have received reports of problems from a few of these individuals when trying to send an e-mail. They are able to successfully login to OWA but when they generate a new mail message, they receive the following error. 'Check Names.. Web Page Dialog Microsoft Outlook Web Access does not recognize "user@domain.com" Do you want to Delete this recipi...

Visio 2003--Can't drag objects from templates into flow charts.
Utilizing Visio 2003 in an Microsoft XP environment, I have not been able to drag objects from templates onto flow charts. I do not understand why. ...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

Relaying denied / Can't send to aol.com & cisco.com domains
We have 1 internal Exchange 2000 server for our only domain, dortfcu.org. When we try to send an email to anyone at the aol.com or cisco.com domain, their email server says 550 5.7.1 <email address>... Relaying denied. I think the issue is a dns issue and is due to the fact that I upgraded one of our 2 dns servers from windows 2000 server to windows 2003 server last weekend. NSLOOKUP of dortfcu.org with type=mx says that mail exchanger = smtp.dortfcu.org. The servers real name is dort2.dortfcu.org. So I guess this means my mx record is wrong? I don't have access to my ...

Finding all queries which use a table

Where do I find SSADM 4+ templates in Visio ?
Hi, I understand SSADM 4+ templates were available in Visio 2002. I have just moved from Smartdraw to Visio Professional 2003 and am having difficulty finding SSADM 4+ templates. Does anyone know where I can find these templates? Are they still available in the 2002 version? ...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2003
I just upgraded my desktop to Office 2007 - Removing the older Office2000. Our Network is all 2003 Servers & Exchange. My Destop is XP SP3 In OL2007 I cannot see/find any of the exisitng public shared calendars that I could see/access in OL2000. I can see them when I'm in Webmail and desktops still running Office 2000 can see the public calendars. Any help is appreciated. Thanks John Which navigation pane are you in? Press Ctrl+6 to see the folder list. BTW, Did you keep the old Outlook 2000 profile? We recommend new profiles when upgrading from older versions. ...

how can I add a signature to my calendar appt requests?
See subject question Insert-> Signature -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "tnowak" <tnowak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51100433-5C23-435B-9C1B-5F8B8D9056B2@microsoft.com... > See subject question ...

Can I set SQL mirroring across WAN?
We have a 100 Mb dedicated DR link to another data center. Want to set up a SQL 2008 database to use mirroring from primary to a standby server at the remote data center. I did a ping test and here is the result. ping -n 100 -l 5120 <target IP> Ping statistics for <target IP> Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 99, Lost = 1 (1% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 11ms is the network latency good enough for database mirroring? Does anyone know the min. requirement? Field experience will be fine too....

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

protect a document so it cannot be amended by others but it can b.
Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only I can make changes but others can read it and filter it when they require information. I have tried to put a password on but it wont let anyone else use the filters in the spreadsheet. Please help! Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S_H" <S_H@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6BBCEC50-43CA-4652-B62F-79F1BDD8DDF9@microsoft.com... > Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only ...

Can I have spell check ignore errors and alert me to real words?
Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSXO" but show me "SPELL". No, there is no way of doing that regards, Peo Sjoblom "JenLynFish" wrote: > Instead of stopping on misspellings and skipping real words, is there a way > to stop on correct spellings to find actual words in a bunch of gibberish? > Sort of an "UNspell check". For example, pass over "JJKSX...

Can you link 2 worksheets together?
Say i have one worksheet and on my second one I want to reference cells from the first one? is there a formula for that>? To create a simple link: Select a cell in the second worksheet Type an equal sign Select the first sheet Click on the cell that you want to link Press the Enter key. Alesha wrote: > Say i have one worksheet and on my second one I want to reference cells from > the first one? is there a formula for that>? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

how can I asign printscreen to a function key or key combination?
My key board has no printscreen key. What can I do? That seems unlikely, but it is hardly a Word issue. The PrtScn button is usually a dual function button somewhere on the top row of your keyboard. If it is not then you need to ask the keyboard manufacturer. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...