what do the symbols in an enterprise application diagram mean

Nowhere can be found what the meaning is of all the elements you can use in
an enterprise application diagram. Not in Visio help, not searching the
internet.
0
halorivm (1)
6/30/2006 8:23:02 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

All Office 2004 application no longer start after applying Quicktime patch
I have applied the Quicktime update issues yesterday and since then, Office 2004 Application will no longer start up. I click the application icon, it jumps a bit in the dock and than quits. Strangely I was able to run the Microsoft AutoUpdate which applied the Office update released a couple of days ago, but did not fix the apps. The Console does not seem to display anything. This is killing my productivity... Does anyone know a fix or workaround? Mik PS: I am running a fully updated 10.4.10 MacBook Pro / Intel On Jul 12, 10:00 am, mik.lern...@gmail.com wrote: > I have applied the Qui...

VB6 service under Server 2008 can't run another VB application
I have a VB6 service that has been running for years on 2000 and 2003. I'm trying get it to work on Server 2008 and it's not working. The service calls shell to run another VB6 .exe program. This .exe program is not being called when the VB6 service program is run as a service. If I run the program as an application, it works like it should. Obviously, something in 2008 needs to be changed to allow this but I don't know what it would be. sr Steve Ricketts brought next idea : > I have a VB6 service that has been running for years on 2000 and 2003. I'm...

Application opens in debug mode
Hi, I am adding some functionality to an Access application. However I am seeing that when I am running the application it opens up code in break mode. I did not set any break point to this application. I am wondering as to how to stop opening up a application in break mode. This is a problem for end user testing. I appreciate any help. Thanks. On Nov 14, 8:54 am, Jack <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am adding some functionality to an Access application. However I am seeing > that when I am running the application it opens up code in break mode. I did >...

Enterprise Leave Manager
Hi - I am looking for anyone who has implemented Enterprise Leave manager who would be able to give me their opinion of the product and maybe how it compares to GreenShades. ...

symbols eg bed garage bathroom
are there any of the above for i am doing a brochure for a project and would like to make it realistic as in the papers Go here: http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us Input "style 184" in the search. to what papers are you referring? Newspapers? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lil" <Lil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7545E941-4E07-4B94-89C1-3B4B7C34A84B@microsoft.com... > are there any of the above for i am doing a brochure for a project and would >...

Enterprise Modeling
I just don't see the whole solution: I am in a company which provides engineering, procurement and construction management services to the chemical industry. I would like to develope some visual support to discuss on-going workflow and integration projects. I have read a few books on UML and have used it for specific software and work process modeling. But for the big picture, I don't see how to put it all together. I would like to start with a high level diagram which shows the interactions (static) between the company and the rest of the world. I imagine a diagram showing the di...

Anyone get a Silverlight application to run in the Status Screen
I cannot get it to work. The friendly message of "This program cannot display the webpage" always appears when I add the silverlight app to the page. I turned off friendly messages in IE but that does not seem to change the message presented by store operations. Thanks KB ...

How to show field structure on my ER database diagram
hi all, I creating a database flow using Entity Relationship shape diagram. My problem is, how to get my field structure show on my databse digram. Currently, I can see only Primary ID and Field Name WITHOUT field strcuture [example : Character(10) ]. Anyone know w/r I can do that in Ms. visio ? I am using ms visio professional 2003. -- Masita ...

application hang #2
I'm getting this error in the event log when the selected profile times out and results in "not responding". When I use other email profiles Outlook works fine. I tried deleting the profile and setting it up again but it still hangs. What could be causing this behavior? ...

how do i type infomation on a pdf application
how do i type infomation on a pdf application Typewriter? "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41C9A123-C830-47FE-89CA-2CFF188C8F91@microsoft.com... > how do i type infomation on a pdf application "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41C9A123-C830-47FE-89CA-2CFF188C8F91@microsoft.com... > how do i type infomation on a pdf application Some pdfs are set up to allow input fields. Others aren't. Depends on how the author set it up. -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk softwa...

Sending Email within MS Office Applications
I have an end user who is unable to send documents as attachments within his desktop applications (ie Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel and Access). He uses the "file, send to mail recipient as attachment" option and receives an error message that says the "service provider does not support this option". His OS is Windows 2000 and he's using MS Office 2002. All of the latest Office updates have been installed. Any ideas? ...

How do I put Geometric Tolerancing and Dimensioning symbols into .
Hello, Can I import or insert CAD symbols such as perpenducular, parallel, and tolerancing symbols into my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks Andy ...

Error message while clsoing excel and word applications.
The following error messages are displayed on closing excel and word applications: excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart teh program. An error log is being created. winword.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart teh program. An error log is being created. Can somebody help? If it's happening on both excel and word, I think I'd reinstall Office. Maybe even remove it, then reinstall if reinstalling didn't fix the problem. mathavan wrote: > > The following error messages are...

Migrating from 2003 Standard to Enterprise... and more!
Hello all, We're preparing to make some major changes in our Exchange environment. We currently use Exchange 2003 Standard (SP2) on a Windows 2000 server (SP4) in a 2000 domain (The Exchange server is *not* a domain controller). We have about 200 users connecting using Outlook, versions 98 to 2003, as well as several web client users. Here is where we are going: Install new 2-node (A/P) Windows cluster using Windows Server 2003 Enterprise (SP1); Exchange will be 2003 Enterprise (SP2). The domain will stay 2000. The new Exchange cluster will have different machine and DNS ...

Publisher 2000
Hello. I am the network administrator for a suburban school district. I am experiencing the following with Microsoft Publisher 2000: 1. If a user that has Read and Write permissions to a network folder opens a Publisher file, no user after that can open the file, regardless of their permissions. The error message is: "The file \\<Server>\<Volume>\<path>\<filename>.pub is locked because it is currently being used by another program. Please close the other program and then try opening or importing the file again." 2. If all users accessing the same file have R...

Application message
I would like to display a message to a user, even if the Access application has been minimized. Msgbox will do this, but it's modal, it stops VBA. Is there an application directive that will maximize the Access window via VBA? On Dec 12, 7:39 pm, Leif <L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to display a message to a user, even if the Access application > has been minimized. Msgbox will do this, but it's modal, it stops VBA. Is > there an application directive that will maximize the Access window via VBA? Yes, this can be done. What triggers the me...

How can I integrate a C++ application to CRM thrugh COM PROXY?
Hello I need to integraqte a VC++ (VC6) windows application with CRM SDK API I understand that it is possible to use COM interfaces via Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.dl Tried to #import Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.tlb, and tli and tlh files where generated fine and I could code a tiny sample .exe. But at run time I always have a REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG (0x80040154L) error Tried to register ComProxy.dll using regsvr32 unsuccessfully (guess that comproxy.dll does not export DllRegister). Also tryed to register as assembly using regasm.exe, having same results Same behaviour when runing s...

Symbol font
I installed Office 2008 on my PowerMac G4 running Leopard 10.5.3. The Symbol font works well in Word and Excel, but it does not work in PowerPoint. It is in the font list, but selecting it does not change the previously selected font. Other fonts do work, but there may be others that do not. Thanks for any help! ...

setup user thread in SDI application
Hi, I want to start an user thread at startup of the sdi application. Unfortunately I have to wait until the windows-handle is valid : m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); m_pMainWnd->UpdateWindow(); Where`s the best place to start such a thread? After these two lines in the initInstance-function of the main window??? Within the user thread, I want to initalize an udp-socket. best regards Bernd "bernd" <bernd.schuster12@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:83a458a4-cd49-4c6b-aeb4-f1f07ad8ce3b@e28g2000vbd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I want...

How do I calculate the Root Mean Square (RMS) of line of equality
Considering a regression, I don't need the RMS of the trend line but the RMS of the line of equality It is generally considered poor form to split an active thread in this way. Also, your meaning is unclear. Jerry aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wrote: > Considering a regression, I don't need the RMS of the trend line but the RMS > of the line of equality ...

visio UML diagram and c++ STL
Is there any library or other way that I can use the STL of c++ in visio UML diagram? Thx, Moti look at http://www.sandrila.co.uk/ "Moti Regev" <MotiRegev@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: D8BFDA00-8BF8-45C7-BAFF-AB90DAEE1B8B@microsoft.com... > Is there any library or other way that I can use the STL of c++ in visio > UML > diagram? > Thx, > Moti > > ...

How to Play audio file through VC++ application... #2
Hi i want to play audio file in VC++ with the follow file properties... -Bit Rate 20 kbps -Channels 1 (Mono) -Audio Sample Rate 11 KHz -Audio Format MPEGLayer-3 Could any body please help me by some hints... Thanks Mujtaba Mp3 is a difficult one, as its a prop format and you would have to access the WMP Core or have some other core-technology access its functionality. However, if you can convert them to WAV though, PlaySound API is exactly what you are looking for. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/multimed/htm/_win32_playsound.asp Ensure you utilise ...

End User Profile corruption on Vista Enterprise in AD
One of users had a corruption of his profile under Vista Enteprise as an Active Directory user who logs on with his Smart Card. I'll call his Domain Name; Bob.Unlucky His profile is; c:\users\Bob.Unlucky When he logged on, he did not get his normal setup (desktop, icons, resolution, etc) and his MS Outlook wasn't setup which was a clear sign of a Profile corruption. I examined his PC and found a new profile; c:\users\TEMP All files in his Documents folder are encrypted using his Smart Card and he could not access any files in; c:\users\Bob.Unlucky\Documents ...

Tracking applicants in MSCRM
Anyone ever used mscrm to track potential new hire applicants or know of any add-ons that might help facilitate this? I've created custom entities to track applicants. You can add picklists to your custom applicant entity that define what stage of the interview/hiring process they are in, add workflow to notify appropriate people when an applicant resume is entered, etc. CRM 3.0 makes it pretty easy to create a custom solution for this kind of need. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "eharvie" wrote: > Anyone ever used mscrm to track potential n...

Removing ">" symbol in mail
Is there a easy way to remove the ">" symbol at the beginning of each line in some emails without having to go line by line to delete the symbol? Use "find and replace" and replace with a space, works for me. "Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24d801c419e3$d4d9a340$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a easy way to remove the ">" symbol at the > beginning of each line in some emails without having to go > line by line to delete the symbol? This also works for me: http://www.dsoft.com.tr/stripmail/ -...