Visio Viewer shows blank pages in Internet Explorer 6

Hi All,

My PC installed Visio Viewer 2003, but everytime I open Visio file, IE
opened, and I accepted the ActiveX, but Blank Page appear and cannot
see the Visio content ! I tried to reinstall Visio viewer 2003 ( even
2007 ), but cannot fix !, I tried another computer opened this visio
file and it's work ! How can I fix this problem ? Do I need to re-
install IE 6 or upgrade to IE 7 ?

Thanks a lot,

0
kflau23 (1)
10/27/2007 7:08:52 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E

It's possible that you may be missing one or more IE6 Security updates, as
we have seen this occur before.

Check using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to see if there are any
hidden updates that you have skipped installing.
Also, check specifically for update MS07-057
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=939653)

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation
------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 It's possible that you may be missing one or more IE6 Security updates, as we have seen this occur before.
\par
\par Check using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to see if there are any hidden updates that you have skipped installing.
\par Also, check specifically for update MS07-057 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=939653)
\par
\par
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E--

0
barbway (115)
12/12/2007 1:33:37 AM
We are having same problem.

I could only narrow down to removing following two patches. But it doesn't
work on all machines. Patches removed from test machines are KB943460,
KB933729

any help will be greatly appreciated.

"kflau23@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My PC installed Visio Viewer 2003, but everytime I open Visio file, IE
> opened, and I accepted the ActiveX, but Blank Page appear and cannot
> see the Visio content ! I tried to reinstall Visio viewer 2003 ( even
> 2007 ), but cannot fix !, I tried another computer opened this visio
> file and it's work ! How can I fix this problem ? Do I need to re-
> install IE 6 or upgrade to IE 7 ?
>
> Thanks a lot,

0
AZ (24)
1/14/2008 5:33:04 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_0166A069

There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the behavior
of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the
users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some
systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar,
which can impact the Viewer.

Also, there have been some Security Updates which seem to have a direct
impact on the way the Viewer loads.  Check to see if you have MS06-020
installed. If so, then you want to ensure that MS06-033 is also installed.
Some systems (at least a few Server 2003 machines, in particular) have also
needed MS06-057
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;939653).

Hope that helps!

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation

------=_NextPart_0001_0166A069

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the behavior of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar, which can impact the Viewer.
\par
\par Also, there have been some Security Updates which seem to have a direct impact on the way the Viewer loads.  Check to see if you have MS06-020 installed. If so, then you want to ensure that MS06-033 is also installed.  Some systems (at least a few Server 2003 machines, in particular) have also needed MS06-057 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;939653).
\par
\par Hope that helps!
\par
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_0166A069--

0
barbway (115)
1/21/2008 11:25:47 PM
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:25:47 GMT, barbway@online.microsoft.com (Barb
Way) wrote:

>There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the behavior
>of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the
>users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some
>systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar,
>which can impact the Viewer.

I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
code be not be a very easy option?

1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
diagram type.
2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
3. disable macros.
4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
5. disable VBA. COM and automation
6. new startup splash screen
7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries

That's probably > 95% of the work done.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

John...    Visio MVP

PS: I made the same argument for the first Visio viewer. In Visio 1 and 2,
there was a demo version that could be used as a "Viewer", but for later
versions there was no "free" viewer. So stripping down Visio was suggested,
but there was a long list of reasons why it could not be done. File bloat
was a key problem.

Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm
Visio Wishlist       http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm

"Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:25:47 GMT, barbway@online.microsoft.com (Barb
> Way) wrote:
>
>>There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the
>>behavior
>>of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the
>>users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some
>>systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar,
>>which can impact the Viewer.
>
> I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
> the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
> but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
> code be not be a very easy option?
>
> 1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
> diagram type.
> 2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
> menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
> might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
> 3. disable macros.
> 4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
> 5. disable VBA. COM and automation
> 6. new startup splash screen
> 7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries
>
> That's probably > 95% of the work done.
>

> --
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

0
lancucki (505)
1/22/2008 3:25:30 PM
MS, mostly space...

"John Marshall, MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message
> The only downside is that you would have an application that pigs out on
> space, but does not do much.
>
> John...    Visio MVP
>
> PS: I made the same argument for the first Visio viewer. In Visio 1 and 2,
> there was a demo version that could be used as a "Viewer", but for later
> versions there was no "free" viewer. So stripping down Visio was
> suggested, but there was a long list of reasons why it could not be done.
> File bloat was a key problem.
>
> Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
> Need VBA examples?   http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm
> Visio Wishlist       http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm
>
> "Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:25:47 GMT, barbway@online.microsoft.com (Barb
>> Way) wrote:
>>
>>>There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the
>>>behavior
>>>of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the
>>>users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some
>>>systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar,
>>>which can impact the Viewer.
>>
>> I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
>> the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
>> but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
>> code be not be a very easy option?
>>
>> 1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
>> diagram type.
>> 2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
>> menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
>> might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
>> 3. disable macros.
>> 4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
>> 5. disable VBA. COM and automation
>> 6. new startup splash screen
>> 7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries
>>
>> That's probably > 95% of the work done.
>>

>> --
>> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
>> Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

0
aledlund1 (27)
1/22/2008 4:01:12 PM
Guys, Issue is resolved by installing the latest IE6 Cummulative Patch.
Thanks all for your assistance.

"Al Edlund" wrote:

> MS, mostly space...
>
> "John Marshall, MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message
> > The only downside is that you would have an application that pigs out on
> > space, but does not do much.
> >
> > John...    Visio MVP
> >
> > PS: I made the same argument for the first Visio viewer. In Visio 1 and 2,
> > there was a demo version that could be used as a "Viewer", but for later
> > versions there was no "free" viewer. So stripping down Visio was
> > suggested, but there was a long list of reasons why it could not be done.
> > File bloat was a key problem.
> >
> > Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
> > Need VBA examples?   http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm
> > Visio Wishlist       http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm
> >
> > "Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message

> >> I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
> >> the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
> >> but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
> >> code be not be a very easy option?
> >>
> >> 1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
> >> diagram type.
> >> 2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
> >> menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
> >> might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
> >> 3. disable macros.
> >> 4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
> >> 5. disable VBA. COM and automation
> >> 6. new startup splash screen
> >> 7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries
> >>
> >> That's probably > 95% of the work done.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> >> Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

0
AZ (24)
1/23/2008 3:11:00 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2AF3AC65

C'mon, guys - there's a wonderful viewer out on the Office Online site.
It's called the Trial ... after 30 days, it's a viewer :-)

 ... I'm KIDDING.  But it would work, and be really big, as John noted.

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation
------=_NextPart_0001_2AF3AC65

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 C'mon, guys - there's a wonderful viewer out on the Office Online site.
\par It's called the Trial ... after 30 days, it's a viewer :-)
\par
\par  ... I'm KIDDING.  But it would work, and be really big, as John noted.
\par
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2AF3AC65--

0
barbway (115)
1/30/2008 1:08:59 AM
and that is what we recommended in the old days on the CompuServe forum,
before Visio 3.0.

John...    Visio MVP

"Barb Way" <barbway@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> C'mon, guys - there's a wonderful viewer out on the Office Online site.
> It's called the Trial ... after 30 days, it's a viewer :-)
>
> ... I'm KIDDING.  But it would work, and be really big, as John noted.
>
> Barb Way
> Product Support - Visio
> Microsoft Corporation
> rights.

0
lancucki (505)
1/30/2008 3:33:31 AM
I have XP Pro - Office 2007 and I've tried to install Visio Viewer 2007 and 2010 to get the viewer to actually show the file but MS Internet Explorer returns a blank page. I've tried to implement the registry fix in the MS documentation. Microsucks suggests that we install Viewer 2003 but they have broken all of the download links to this version. We would suggest that Microsucks produce a product that works - perhaps a program that recognizes when a supporting program like ACTIVE X is not working properly. Perhaps some sort of diagnostic routine to determine what the problem is if this is so complicated. We just can not implement all of the security updates that Microsucks puts out - mostly because some of them - always random - cause problems with our work environment. When we actually get some competition for MS then we will see better product from them. Better yet let's just switch to cloud computing and eliminate Bill and his team altogether.

> On Saturday, October 27, 2007 3:08 AM kflau2 wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My PC installed Visio Viewer 2003, but everytime I open Visio file, IE
> opened, and I accepted the ActiveX, but Blank Page appear and cannot
> see the Visio content ! I tried to reinstall Visio viewer 2003 ( even
> 2007 ), but cannot fix !, I tried another computer opened this visio
> file and it's work ! How can I fix this problem ? Do I need to re-
> install IE 6 or upgrade to IE 7 ?
>
> Thanks a lot,

>> On Tuesday, December 11, 2007 8:33 PM barbwa wrote:

>> ------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E
>>
>> It's possible that you may be missing one or more IE6 Security updates, as
>> we have seen this occur before.
>>
>> Check using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to see if there are any
>> hidden updates that you have skipped installing.
>> Also, check specifically for update MS07-057
>> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=939653)
>>

>> Barb Way
>> Product Support - Visio
>> Microsoft Corporation
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>> ------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E
>>
>> {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
>> \viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 It's possible that you may be missing one or more IE6 Security updates, as we have seen this occur before.
>> \par
>> \par Check using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to see if there are any hidden updates that you have skipped installing.
>> \par Also, check specifically for update MS07-057 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=939653)
>> \par
>> \par
>> \par Barb Way
>> \par Product Support - Visio
>> \par Microsoft Corporation
>> \par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>> \par }
>> ------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E--

>>> On Monday, January 14, 2008 12:33 PM A wrote:

>>> We are having same problem.
>>>
>>> I could only narrow down to removing following two patches. But it doesn't
>>> work on all machines. Patches removed from test machines are KB943460,
>>> KB933729
>>>
>>> any help will be greatly appreciated.

report new page for each alpha
I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might not break pages proper...

how do I open my internet website in outlook 2003 so I can edit it
On my old computer, I could go into frontpage and open my actual webdite. It would prompt me for my domain id and pswd and when intered, I could edit my site. I judt reinstalled frontpage 2003 on my new laptop and it wont lt me open my site. It never prompts for the id and password. I tried importing my site but it loses all its navigation structure and then wont allow me to publish changes back to the web. Can someone please help me? Also, when I installed front page, it never asked me for my serial number, it just placed the frontpage option within my ms office menu optio...

Showing Specific Data from Master Sheet to Another Sheet
I am making a bill of materials at work and have a master list I want to access from other sheets. The master list has all parts named and categorized, and I want to be able to access sections (Hydraulics, Chassis, Electrical, etc.) of the master from other sheets. I have tried pivottables but I am having issues showing the data in it original form: Part Name Quantity Material Expense Category etc. (accross the row) I wish to be able to make calculations only off the selected data on each sheet but I am having immense problems getting there. If you can help. Parker Jo...

Activities don't show up until we hit the refresh button
Hello all, We upgraded from 3 to 4 and it appears that the upgrade did not complete successfuly, but the users used the system. Everything appears to be working well except for a couple of strange things like when we create an activity the activity does not appear until we hit the Refresh button, going to history and coming back does not fix the issue, only the refresh button any quick fix on this one? thanks ...

Visio EA vs Visio 2003?
Hi All, I was hoping a few of you could shed some light on a question that has been popping up among my developers. Many of whom are currently running Visio for Enterprise Architects that is available with Visual Studio.NET. I believe it is the same version of Visio regardless of whether you are using the 2002 or 2003 version of Visual Studio Enterprise. Please correct me if I am wrong. The big question I am hitting is: What reasons are there to upgrade to Visio 2003 (v11?) if you are already running Enterprise Architect of v10? Also, is there an EA version for Visio 2003, or would you b...

SBS 2008 Fax Sent Items Not showing all faxes sent
Hello, I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP and Windows 7 64bit client machines. Currently they can only see their sent faxes. In SBS 2003 they were able to see all sent faxes. Any suggestions? Could you create an Outlook rule based on the fax sent acknowledgement that copied the fax to a public folder? "RodSoh" <RodSoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4541A0E-18C2-4A83-A13D-8E7D045C29E8@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP...

Show All Groups in 2007
I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the navigation pane and activate all the time? I prefer to see all my objects at once. Thanks for any help. Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose: All Objects. To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav Pane, and choose: Category | Object Type -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, W...

Converting Claris Impact files (old Apple files) to M'soft Visio"
Hello I understand the the best way to access old Claris Impact files are to convert using m'soft visio. I'm completely new to this application & will be grateful if anyone can take me throughm the process of doing this. I've had a look at the Versiontracker website on salvaging claris impact files but I couldn't work out how it could help me! I really need some step by step help. I've got Visio 2007 installed on my XP Pro computer Many thanks Perhaps this link might help: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Orbital+Successfully+Completes+File+Converter+to+Allow+Cla...

How do I send newslette in email without showing the publisher too
When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, it takes you to the publisher program page where I built it. How can I send a "finished" newsletter out? As a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lifefire" <Lifefire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E8B0FB-B033-4393-8F27-DFAAA6DD37A5@microsoft.com... > When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, > it > takes you to the publisher program page w...

Page not found error when opening business portal
Hi We're trying to install Invoice Approvals and Accruals 8.0, sharepoint services sp2 and Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack to work with Great Plains 8.0 We can install Sharepoint services and Invoice Approvals and Accruals ok and they work fine However, when we install Business Portal and browse to http://servername/sites/businessportal/ We receive a "page not found" error screen We've tried several things but nothing seems to work Sharepoint services is installed in server farm mode and has been configured correctly (as far as I can tell) Any help would be great...

Page Setup #4
I set up a document for dimensions to be 8x11, save it and close it. The next day I open that same document and find that it has gone back to the default settings of 8.5x11? Would anyone know how I can avoid this risky behavior? -- Chips and Charlie Is your stock actually 8 inches? If it is you must setup your printer for 8 X 11 as well as your page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chips and Charlie" <ChipsandCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E619DDBA-9FF3-4E26-8D3...

Internet Mail #3
Hey all, I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how to default to the ISP Internet Mail. Thanks in advance, Craig Craig <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've got an ISP servicing our Internet mail, but I use > Exchange 5.5 internally, one of the users is sending mail > out to the Internet via the Exchange account but I want > it to use the ISP service, does anyone know how t...

Outlook message bodies Blank
When I open my email in outlook the body is empty. I seem to remember somethig about my AVG doing something. Any Ideas how to fix this? Thanks Disable the email scanning feature in your anti-virus software. (For example, in AVG, uncheck certify under the email scanning settings.) You'll still be protected by its other features and by Outlook's own security, and new messages shouldn't lose their bodies. Messages you've already received, though, can't be repaired. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://w...

RE: Use this critical package for Internet Explorer
--hmrlmpxejw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="enmgzrgmzgzwwvlg"; type="multipart/alternative" --enmgzrgmzgzwwvlg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hsqxuryiiedx" --hsqxuryiiedx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect y...

Balances don't show when reconciling
I just upgraded to Money 2004 and the totals dollar value of debits and credits cleared no longer shows. Instead, this line shows: "The difference between your statement and register is:" along with the difference. I want to know the dollar value of debits and credits I have cleared so far and compare that with the bank statement. Somebody at Microsoft thought this was an "improvement" compared to the way they presented the data in M03 and earlier. It's probably something that came out of the usability lab after they took their great grandmother in to see if ...

Deleting Blank lines with VBA
Help I have a macro that runs multiple formulas. However, when the formulas are finished I am left with about 64000 blank lines. I am unable to insert a row on the worksheets as I get a Run-Time Error 1004 (Try to locate the last Nonblank Cell using CTRL-END). Here is a same of some of the formulas I am running ( the macro is very large). ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaI", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C27" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaJ", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C28" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaK&qu...

Load Last Page
I know you can "load first page" In CRM. Is there a way to Load LAST page instead of having to load each page? thank you The easiest way is changing the sort order (click on the appropriate column header). This then displays the "last" page. It's not exactly the same though. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "Bernardina" <dl@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6243B5ED-9377-49CD-8CB3-9E84F1BAE5FA@microsoft.com... >I ...

Investment Account Summaries are always blank
I am a brand new user to Money 2006. After the very first time I set up my Ameritrade brokerage account, it neatly listed my positions in the account summary (after clicking on the account from the account list). Unfortunately, that was the only time my holdings were displayed in the summary. Now the summary is always blank, and I have to click on Investing Tools --> Portfolio Manager to see the positions. I have no idea what's wrong. I even setup a manual (non-linked) investment account and it does the same thing, it wont display my holdings in the account summary. I have ...

Saving one page -- as Template?
Therre are several pages in a 40-page booklet I want to save to use in future editions. Is there a method to save these pages for re-us? Or must I save the entire publication as a Template? Can I copy single pages and paste in another .pub file? Save the entire document and delete out the pages you don't want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "cuig" <cuig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16052168-6085-43D0-AD8B-2CF4839933FC@microsoft.com... > Therre are several pages in...

4 page publication onto a website
I am trying to put a 4 page publication on to the website so that it can be opened by people who don't have publisher. I managed to do it last month but for can't remember how I did it. When I convert it to a web page it only shows the first page of the publication. Last months issue, when I checked back is a mht.doc but I don't know how I converted the publisher document to this. Can anyone help please? How about converting the Publisher file to a PDF. This way more visitors will have the capability to view it. Many folks here recommend the free primopdf which can be ...

Converting Adobe PageMaker 6.5 files
Does anyone know if you can convert Adobe PageMaker version 6.5 files so that I can use MS Publisher 2007 to edit these files? I suspect the only way is the copy/paste solution. If you don't have PageMaker, maybe Adobe has help. There is a forum here that might have a solution: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/460491;jsessionid=39FEE1914BD4E0C9DF28733ADF71F413.node0?tstart=0 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "SmithinSA" <SmithinSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CCB0500-7E15-4EDC-BC04-775B41F13D8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if you can ...

Stop Buttons showing when opening up form
I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any Help.....Bob Private Sub ckbHelp_Click() If ckbHelp = True Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True End If If ckbHelp = False Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False End If End Sub Bob, In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No Regards/Jacob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote i...

Some contacts don't show on drop down box when addressing email
I was using Outlook Express, my computer motherboard died, got new computer with Windows 7, trying to learn Outlook 2003. The computer tech from my husband's office put Outlook 2003 on the new computer and somehow transferred the addresses that I had in Outlook Express. I do not know what method he used to get the addresses into Outlook 2003. Some things carried over just fine, some things didn't, i.e. a group list of my subdivision property owners, so I had to re-make that distribution list. When I want to email my daughter, her name or email address is not s...

how to have my titles move down as i scroll down the page
hi what i want to do is have the top line of the exel sheet move down the page and stay in veiw so i can easily see which field i am currently woorking on. can anyone tell me how to do this? yours david Click on the last row of heading (or row 1 if there is just one row) Use Windows Freeze best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DAVIDPEOVER" <DAVIDPEOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F17D28F-2A71-437B-BF81-AEEB9D880B15@microsoft.com... > hi what i want to do is have the top line of the exel sheet move...

Customized picklist fields are not showing up in the preview
hi, can you please help me out in the following situation: i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as wanted. note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview... tia -- Fritz Theiss Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset? After those actions your changes should be visible. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Fritz" wrote: > hi,...