Visio Viewer shows blank pages in Internet Explorer 6

Hi All,

My PC installed Visio Viewer 2003, but everytime I open Visio file, IE
opened, and I accepted the ActiveX, but Blank Page appear and cannot
see the Visio content ! I tried to reinstall Visio viewer 2003 ( even
2007 ), but cannot fix !, I tried another computer opened this visio
file and it's work ! How can I fix this problem ? Do I need to re-
install IE 6 or upgrade to IE 7 ?

Thanks a lot,

0
kflau23 (1)
10/27/2007 7:08:52 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

10 Replies
983 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 46

------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

It's possible that you may be missing one or more IE6 Security updates, as 
we have seen this occur before.

Check using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to see if there are any 
hidden updates that you have skipped installing.
Also, check specifically for update MS07-057 
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=939653)


Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E
Content-Type: text/x-rtf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 It's possible that you may be missing one or more IE6 Security updates, as we have seen this occur before.
\par 
\par Check using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to see if there are any hidden updates that you have skipped installing.
\par Also, check specifically for update MS07-057 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=939653)
\par 
\par 
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E--

0
barbway (115)
12/12/2007 1:33:37 AM
We are having same problem.

I could only narrow down to removing following two patches. But it doesn't 
work on all machines. Patches removed from test machines are KB943460, 
KB933729

any help will be greatly appreciated.


"kflau23@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi All,
> 
> My PC installed Visio Viewer 2003, but everytime I open Visio file, IE
> opened, and I accepted the ActiveX, but Blank Page appear and cannot
> see the Visio content ! I tried to reinstall Visio viewer 2003 ( even
> 2007 ), but cannot fix !, I tried another computer opened this visio
> file and it's work ! How can I fix this problem ? Do I need to re-
> install IE 6 or upgrade to IE 7 ?
> 
> Thanks a lot,
> 
> 
0
AZ (24)
1/14/2008 5:33:04 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_0166A069
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the behavior 
of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the 
users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some 
systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar, 
which can impact the Viewer.

Also, there have been some Security Updates which seem to have a direct 
impact on the way the Viewer loads.  Check to see if you have MS06-020 
installed. If so, then you want to ensure that MS06-033 is also installed.  
Some systems (at least a few Server 2003 machines, in particular) have also 
needed MS06-057 
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;939653).

Hope that helps!

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

------=_NextPart_0001_0166A069
Content-Type: text/x-rtf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the behavior of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar, which can impact the Viewer.
\par 
\par Also, there have been some Security Updates which seem to have a direct impact on the way the Viewer loads.  Check to see if you have MS06-020 installed. If so, then you want to ensure that MS06-033 is also installed.  Some systems (at least a few Server 2003 machines, in particular) have also needed MS06-057 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;939653).
\par 
\par Hope that helps!
\par 
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par 
\par 
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_0166A069--

0
barbway (115)
1/21/2008 11:25:47 PM
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:25:47 GMT, barbway@online.microsoft.com (Barb
Way) wrote:

>There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the behavior 
>of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the 
>users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some 
>systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar, 
>which can impact the Viewer.

I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
code be not be a very easy option?

1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
diagram type.
2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
3. disable macros.
4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
5. disable VBA. COM and automation
6. new startup splash screen
7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries

That's probably > 95% of the work done.


-- 
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
0
1/22/2008 12:48:04 AM
The only downside is that you would have an application that pigs out on 
space, but does not do much.

John...    Visio MVP

PS: I made the same argument for the first Visio viewer. In Visio 1 and 2, 
there was a demo version that could be used as a "Viewer", but for later 
versions there was no "free" viewer. So stripping down Visio was suggested, 
but there was a long list of reasons why it could not be done. File bloat 
was a key problem.

Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm
Visio Wishlist       http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm

"Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message 
news:ltdap3tlg7ocia3f92acqb6br9qvc7gca2@news.gradwell.net...
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:25:47 GMT, barbway@online.microsoft.com (Barb
> Way) wrote:
>
>>There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the 
>>behavior
>>of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the
>>users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some
>>systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar,
>>which can impact the Viewer.
>
> I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
> the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
> but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
> code be not be a very easy option?
>
> 1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
> diagram type.
> 2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
> menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
> might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
> 3. disable macros.
> 4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
> 5. disable VBA. COM and automation
> 6. new startup splash screen
> 7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries
>
> That's probably > 95% of the work done.
>
>
> -- 
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ 


0
lancucki (505)
1/22/2008 3:25:30 PM
MS, mostly space...

"John Marshall, MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message 
news:e5irZxQXIHA.3956@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> The only downside is that you would have an application that pigs out on 
> space, but does not do much.
>
> John...    Visio MVP
>
> PS: I made the same argument for the first Visio viewer. In Visio 1 and 2, 
> there was a demo version that could be used as a "Viewer", but for later 
> versions there was no "free" viewer. So stripping down Visio was 
> suggested, but there was a long list of reasons why it could not be done. 
> File bloat was a key problem.
>
> Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
> Need VBA examples?   http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm
> Visio Wishlist       http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm
>
> "Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message 
> news:ltdap3tlg7ocia3f92acqb6br9qvc7gca2@news.gradwell.net...
>> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:25:47 GMT, barbway@online.microsoft.com (Barb
>> Way) wrote:
>>
>>>There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the 
>>>behavior
>>>of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the
>>>users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some
>>>systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar,
>>>which can impact the Viewer.
>>
>> I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
>> the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
>> but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
>> code be not be a very easy option?
>>
>> 1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
>> diagram type.
>> 2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
>> menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
>> might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
>> 3. disable macros.
>> 4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
>> 5. disable VBA. COM and automation
>> 6. new startup splash screen
>> 7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries
>>
>> That's probably > 95% of the work done.
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
>> Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
>
> 

0
aledlund1 (27)
1/22/2008 4:01:12 PM
Guys, Issue is resolved by installing the latest IE6 Cummulative Patch.
Thanks all for your assistance.

"Al Edlund" wrote:

> MS, mostly space...
> 
> "John Marshall, MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message 
> news:e5irZxQXIHA.3956@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > The only downside is that you would have an application that pigs out on 
> > space, but does not do much.
> >
> > John...    Visio MVP
> >
> > PS: I made the same argument for the first Visio viewer. In Visio 1 and 2, 
> > there was a demo version that could be used as a "Viewer", but for later 
> > versions there was no "free" viewer. So stripping down Visio was 
> > suggested, but there was a long list of reasons why it could not be done. 
> > File bloat was a key problem.
> >
> > Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
> > Need VBA examples?   http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm
> > Visio Wishlist       http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm
> >
> > "Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message 
> > news:ltdap3tlg7ocia3f92acqb6br9qvc7gca2@news.gradwell.net...
> >> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:25:47 GMT, barbway@online.microsoft.com (Barb
> >> Way) wrote:
> >>
> >>>There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the 
> >>>behavior
> >>>of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the
> >>>users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some
> >>>systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar,
> >>>which can impact the Viewer.
> >>
> >> I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
> >> the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
> >> but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
> >> code be not be a very easy option?
> >>
> >> 1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
> >> diagram type.
> >> 2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
> >> menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
> >> might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
> >> 3. disable macros.
> >> 4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
> >> 5. disable VBA. COM and automation
> >> 6. new startup splash screen
> >> 7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries
> >>
> >> That's probably > 95% of the work done.
> >>
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> >> Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
> >
> > 
> 
> 
0
AZ (24)
1/23/2008 3:11:00 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2AF3AC65
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

C'mon, guys - there's a wonderful viewer out on the Office Online site.  
It's called the Trial ... after 30 days, it's a viewer :-)

 ... I'm KIDDING.  But it would work, and be really big, as John noted.

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
------=_NextPart_0001_2AF3AC65
Content-Type: text/x-rtf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 C'mon, guys - there's a wonderful viewer out on the Office Online site.  
\par It's called the Trial ... after 30 days, it's a viewer :-)
\par 
\par  ... I'm KIDDING.  But it would work, and be really big, as John noted.
\par 
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par 
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2AF3AC65--

0
barbway (115)
1/30/2008 1:08:59 AM
and that is what we recommended in the old days on the CompuServe forum, 
before Visio 3.0.

John...    Visio MVP

"Barb Way" <barbway@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4MCJ3ytYIHA.360@TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl...
> C'mon, guys - there's a wonderful viewer out on the Office Online site.
> It's called the Trial ... after 30 days, it's a viewer :-)
>
> ... I'm KIDDING.  But it would work, and be really big, as John noted.
>
> Barb Way
> Product Support - Visio
> Microsoft Corporation
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> rights. 


0
lancucki (505)
1/30/2008 3:33:31 AM
I have XP Pro - Office 2007 and I've tried to install Visio Viewer 2007 and 2010 to get the viewer to actually show the file but MS Internet Explorer returns a blank page. I've tried to implement the registry fix in the MS documentation. Microsucks suggests that we install Viewer 2003 but they have broken all of the download links to this version. We would suggest that Microsucks produce a product that works - perhaps a program that recognizes when a supporting program like ACTIVE X is not working properly. Perhaps some sort of diagnostic routine to determine what the problem is if this is so complicated. We just can not implement all of the security updates that Microsucks puts out - mostly because some of them - always random - cause problems with our work environment. When we actually get some competition for MS then we will see better product from them. Better yet let's just switch to cloud computing and eliminate Bill and his team altogether.

> On Saturday, October 27, 2007 3:08 AM kflau2 wrote:

> Hi All,
> 
> My PC installed Visio Viewer 2003, but everytime I open Visio file, IE
> opened, and I accepted the ActiveX, but Blank Page appear and cannot
> see the Visio content ! I tried to reinstall Visio viewer 2003 ( even
> 2007 ), but cannot fix !, I tried another computer opened this visio
> file and it's work ! How can I fix this problem ? Do I need to re-
> install IE 6 or upgrade to IE 7 ?
> 
> Thanks a lot,


>> On Tuesday, December 11, 2007 8:33 PM barbwa wrote:

>> ------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E
>> Content-Type: text/plain
>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>> 
>> It's possible that you may be missing one or more IE6 Security updates, as 
>> we have seen this occur before.
>> 
>> Check using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to see if there are any 
>> hidden updates that you have skipped installing.
>> Also, check specifically for update MS07-057 
>> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=939653)
>> 
>> 
>> Barb Way
>> Product Support - Visio
>> Microsoft Corporation
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>> ------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E
>> Content-Type: text/x-rtf
>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>> 
>> {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
>> \viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 It's possible that you may be missing one or more IE6 Security updates, as we have seen this occur before.
>> \par 
>> \par Check using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to see if there are any hidden updates that you have skipped installing.
>> \par Also, check specifically for update MS07-057 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=939653)
>> \par 
>> \par 
>> \par Barb Way
>> \par Product Support - Visio
>> \par Microsoft Corporation
>> \par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>> \par }
>> ------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E--


>>> On Monday, January 14, 2008 12:33 PM A wrote:

>>> We are having same problem.
>>> 
>>> I could only narrow down to removing following two patches. But it doesn't 
>>> work on all machines. Patches removed from test machines are KB943460, 
>>> KB933729
>>> 
>>> any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> "kflau23@gmail.com" wrote:


>>>> On Monday, January 21, 2008 6:25 PM barbwa wrote:

>>>> ------=_NextPart_0001_0166A069
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain
>>>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>>>> 
>>>> There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the behavior 
>>>> of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the 
>>>> users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some 
>>>> systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar, 
>>>> which can impact the Viewer.
>>>> 
>>>> Also, there have been some Security Updates which seem to have a direct 
>>>> impact on the way the Viewer loads.  Check to see if you have MS06-020 
>>>> installed. If so, then you want to ensure that MS06-033 is also installed.  
>>>> Some systems (at least a few Server 2003 machines, in particular) have also 
>>>> needed MS06-057 
>>>> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;939653).
>>>> 
>>>> Hope that helps!
>>>> 
>>>> Barb Way
>>>> Product Support - Visio
>>>> Microsoft Corporation
>>>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>>>> 
>>>> ------=_NextPart_0001_0166A069
>>>> Content-Type: text/x-rtf
>>>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>>>> 
>>>> {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
>>>> \viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the behavior of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar, which can impact the Viewer.
>>>> \par 
>>>> \par Also, there have been some Security Updates which seem to have a direct impact on the way the Viewer loads.  Check to see if you have MS06-020 installed. If so, then you want to ensure that MS06-033 is also installed.  Some systems (at least a few Server 2003 machines, in particular) have also needed MS06-057 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;939653).
>>>> \par 
>>>> \par Hope that helps!
>>>> \par 
>>>> \par Barb Way
>>>> \par Product Support - Visio
>>>> \par Microsoft Corporation
>>>> \par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>>>> \par 
>>>> \par 
>>>> \par }
>>>> ------=_NextPart_0001_0166A069--


>>>>> On Monday, January 21, 2008 7:48 PM Paul Herber wrote:

>>>>> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:25:47 GMT, barbway@online.microsoft.com (Barb
>>>>> Way) wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
>>>>> the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
>>>>> but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
>>>>> code be not be a very easy option?
>>>>> 
>>>>> 1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
>>>>> diagram type.
>>>>> 2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
>>>>> menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
>>>>> might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
>>>>> 3. disable macros.
>>>>> 4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
>>>>> 5. disable VBA. COM and automation
>>>>> 6. new startup splash screen
>>>>> 7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries
>>>>> 
>>>>> That's probably > 95% of the work done.
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
>>>>> Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/


>>>>>> On Tuesday, January 22, 2008 10:25 AM John Marshall, MVP wrote:

>>>>>> The only downside is that you would have an application that pigs out on 
>>>>>> space, but does not do much.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> John...    Visio MVP
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> PS: I made the same argument for the first Visio viewer. In Visio 1 and 2, 
>>>>>> there was a demo version that could be used as a "Viewer", but for later 
>>>>>> versions there was no "free" viewer. So stripping down Visio was suggested, 
>>>>>> but there was a long list of reasons why it could not be done. File bloat 
>>>>>> was a key problem.
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
>>>>>> Need VBA examples?   http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm
>>>>>> Visio Wishlist       http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> "Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message 
>>>>>> news:ltdap3tlg7ocia3f92acqb6br9qvc7gca2@news.gradwell.net...


>>>>>>> On Tuesday, January 22, 2008 11:01 AM Al Edlund wrote:

>>>>>>> MS, mostly space...


>>>>>>>> On Wednesday, January 23, 2008 10:11 AM A wrote:

>>>>>>>> Guys, Issue is resolved by installing the latest IE6 Cummulative Patch.
>>>>>>>> Thanks all for your assistance.
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> "Al Edlund" wrote:


>>>>>>>>> On Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:08 PM barbwa wrote:

>>>>>>>>> ------=_NextPart_0001_2AF3AC65
>>>>>>>>> Content-Type: text/plain
>>>>>>>>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> C'mon, guys - there's a wonderful viewer out on the Office Online site.  
>>>>>>>>> It's called the Trial ... after 30 days, it's a viewer :-)
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>  ... I'm KIDDING.  But it would work, and be really big, as John noted.
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> Barb Way
>>>>>>>>> Product Support - Visio
>>>>>>>>> Microsoft Corporation
>>>>>>>>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>>>>>>>>> ------=_NextPart_0001_2AF3AC65
>>>>>>>>> Content-Type: text/x-rtf
>>>>>>>>> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
>>>>>>>>> \viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 C'mon, guys - there's a wonderful viewer out on the Office Online site.  
>>>>>>>>> \par It's called the Trial ... after 30 days, it's a viewer :-)
>>>>>>>>> \par 
>>>>>>>>> \par  ... I'm KIDDING.  But it would work, and be really big, as John noted.
>>>>>>>>> \par 
>>>>>>>>> \par Barb Way
>>>>>>>>> \par Product Support - Visio
>>>>>>>>> \par Microsoft Corporation
>>>>>>>>> \par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>>>>>>>>> \par 
>>>>>>>>> \par }
>>>>>>>>> ------=_NextPart_0001_2AF3AC65--


>>>>>>>>>> On Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:33 PM John Marshall, MVP wrote:

>>>>>>>>>> and that is what we recommended in the old days on the CompuServe forum,
>>>>>>>>>> before Visio 3.0.
>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>> John...    Visio MVP


>>>>>>>>>>> On Tuesday, December 22, 2009 10:20 PM vairam muthu wrote:

>>>>>>>>>>> HI,
>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>> I am not able to install the mention Q832894 batch to fix the visio problem 
>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>>> then any way to fix the issue.


>>>>>>>>>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice 
>>>>>>>>>>> Composite UI Pattern and RAD Development for Data Entry Applications, Part 1
>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a119aebe-7478-4aaa-b415-12786ec5cf90/composite-ui-pattern-and-rad-development-for-data-entry-applications-part-1.aspx
0
8/23/2010 2:45:59 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Create a Ribbon for the OL2010 Explorer
Hi, I want to create a Ribbon for the Outlook 2010 Explorer. I am looking for a sample XML description. Can anybody give me a tipp? Thanks Christian Have you downloaded the samples for Outlook addins from Connect? They show how Explorer ribbon XML. There are also downloads for the ribbon id's. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "ChristianH" <ChristianH@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

How to change the Excel Title Bar to show the full file path na...
I have a user that would like to see the full path name of a file in Excel in the Title Bar. Is there any way to change it from just the file name to the full path name? This will put the path in the Excel title bar. Put this code into a class module, mine is named clsAppEvents '--------------------------------------------------------------Option Explicit Public WithEvents App As Application Private Sub App_WindowActivate(ByVal Wb As Workbook, ByVal Wn As Window) App.Caption = Wb.Path End Sub '--------------------------------------------------------------Add this code t...

format cells #6
I have solved this so it is just my curiosity at play here. Using someone else's sheet, I entered a formula (=D235/80) into a cell expecting a numeric result not realizing that the cell was formatted as Text (so I got to see the formula as text). So I changed the cell format to Number with 4 places. To my surprise, the cell still displayed the formula. I looked for a leading ' or space but there was none. Retyping the formula produced the result I expected in the first place. What is going on? TIA Len ______________________________________________________ Changing the forma...

compacting on outlook express 6 deletes e-mails
a message pops up on outlook express recommending "compacting" ... I ok it and all my e-mails received in 2010 have been deleted. My defaults under "maintenance" say nothing about deleting anything .... Why were e-mails deleted and can I recover them? pj wrote: > a message pops up on outlook express > recommending "compacting" ... I ok > it and all my e-mails received in 2010 > have been deleted. My defaults > under "maintenance" say nothing about > deleting anything .... Why were e-mails > dele...

FRx 6.7 sp5 and Exporting to Formatted Excel
I've seen problems with the export to formatted Excel. A company running FRx 6.7 sp4 says it's taking 4 to 6 hours to create the files. The processing of data takes about 20 minutes. It's the actual spreadsheet tab creation that's taking so long. They have 4 companies and 99 units over all in the tree. When they had sp2, it was running no longer than an hour. Has anybody been running sp5 (available in November) and successfully exported to formatted Excel in a reasonable amount of time? -- Charles Allen, MVP ------=_NextPart_0001_2CF9059E Content-Type: text/plain Con...

Remove Blank Pages 03-26-07
Hi, I am currently creating a dynamic report which can be a variable length depending on options the user selects. This means the form can be between 1 and 3 pages in length. The problem I am having is that if I set the report to be 1 page in length I get an error if a control is placed on the second page (because the form is not long enough) and if I set the report to be 3 pages in length I geet 2 blank pages when I print the report. The controls are created and moved dynamically using VBA scripting. The two solutions I can think of is some way to increase the report size using VBA or hav...

Hide and show Rows
I have been sent a couple of spreadsheets that have a column on the left with '+' and '-' icons to show and hide rows. Is this a macro? Or a feature I cant find? Okay, I found it. "Group" was the function I was looking for. Duane "Duane" wrote: > I have been sent a couple of spreadsheets that have a column on the left with > '+' and '-' icons to show and hide rows. Is this a macro? Or a feature I > cant find? > > Data|subtotals can add those +/- symbols, too. Duane wrote: > > Okay, I found it. "G...

Turning pages into files
Using Publisher 2003 - I am writing a hiking book of 100 hikes. I was advised in a self publishing class to use the Publisher program and to make each hike a "page". So I have done this and have a 105 page document. Each page has a picture, map and written paragraph or two of one of the 100 mhikes. Now I have been told I should have made each hike a separate folder so I can go in and work on each hike w/o opening all the pages and having to scroll through. I have also been told that each time I open this document, it denegrates the pictures over time with the constant opening...

Mail showing up on iPhone but not Outlook?
I use to get a daily email message from a sender on both my computer (Outlook) and in my in box on my iPhone. For the past two months, those emails are now going to my "bulk mail" box on my iPhone and not showing up at all in my Outlook. I can move the email from bulk mail to inbox on my iphone and then it shows up in my Outlook. Your sync issues are not Outlook issues. I'm sure Apple will be more than happy to solve your problems. It's their problem. -- Russ Valentine "aggie" <aggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DFEDA2CE-...

Windows Embedded CE 6 DST Change on Wrong Day
We have been using CE 6 successfully on systems deloyed in a number of timezones, where some of those timezones do use daylight saving while others don't. Around the middle of summer/winter (pick a hemisphere) everything was fine. However, in early October our CE devices in UK changed out of DST, even though DST did not end in UK until the last week in October. Initially we suspected the timezone data - but when examined that we found it was correct (in the day in month form). We strongly suspect that CE 6 is not interpreting the StandardDate component of the TIME_ZON...

Auto reply in Outlook Express 6?
Hi! I wonder if anybody knows if it is possible to use some sort of "auto reply" when I leave home for a long period of time. So that people who write to me automatically recieve a reply with a short standard message for example, "Thomas is not at home, use this e-mail adress "xxxxxx" instead". wrong group for questions about Outlook Express - and to answer the question, no. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Thomas Klenze <thomas@klen...

Show group demand/availability in ressource graph
Hi! I would like to see, in the ressource graph, the demand and availability line for a whole group, and not just individual ressource. When I select multiple ressources, I only see them invidually in the ressource graph. I would like to see the total demand and total availability. Many thanks! Mathieu Hi, Read FAQ 38 on http://www.mvps.org/project/faqs.htm -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "Mathieu936" <mathieu936@gmail.com> wrote i...

Show me how to use the forum
:confused: Need to know how to use this forum. Had to look around to find this, and I think my question I post it in private message it wasnot suppose to be there or was it. Please let me know. Now If its here i need to ask: I have a formula which i do not understand? PMT(D412,E4,-C4) I know is payment but what does it mean, what will do this formula what is it looking for???? -- skybird23 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skybird23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28898 View this thread: http://www.excel...

Show Applied Payments
Is there an easy way to print a reporting show each payment from a customer and what invoices were paid with each check? Yes, Run a Aged Trial Balance or Historical Aged Trial Balance (for point in time reporting) under Reports > Sales > Trial Balance. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "kponiers" wrote: > Is there an easy way to print a reporting show each payment from a customer > and what invoices were paid with each check? We are finishing up work on a report that I believe sh...

How do I Print the properties of a Visio ER Diagram
I created a database diagram and want to print out just the properties of each object. Like the table that shows up when you select columns from the property window. Is this possible? hi, I managed to set my ER diagram to shows all the properties by setting the columns database properties to Physical Datatype. Also set the Database Document Options > Data Type > Show Physical. After set all these, I can view my ERD with all the fields included the strcuture and print with it. Rgds Masita "cgin58" <cgin58@discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message news:CE23A74F-18...

Keyboard Shortcut for Inserting a Page Break
Is there a keyboard shortcut to insert a page break? Hi Tandy As far as I know there is no shortcut You can use a macro like this and run it from a button ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Tandy" <Tandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D007DDF-A247-4DE8-B85F-4EDA66278A0A@microsoft.com... > Is there a keyboard shortcut to insert a page break? Hi Tandy, You would have to create your own macro and shortcut http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=370007f4.25720598%40ne...

Default page set up settings
I want to permanently change my page default settings. I always want gridlines to appear and have the file name automatically appear as a footer. The Excel help menu is NO HELP You could have a auto_open or workbook_open event do that OR change your book1 and each new workbook will do that. "zakour" <zakour@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0e3101c38a79$b5adad80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to permanently change my page default settings. I > always want gridlines to appear and have the file name > automatically appear as a footer. The Excel help menu is > ...

Blank emails #4
I have a few people in my org that claims emails are going externally as blank emails. I've message tracked them emails and notice that the emails have a message size which lets me know information is going out to the receivers. Any ideas?? What proof do these people in your org have that the e-mails are going out blank? Are you logging the subject line as well? Does the message have a subject? If you log in to Outlook of the sender and view the sent items, does the message appear as a blank e-mail there? What do the headers of the received message (externally) show? Have you ...

Menu bar not showing after API Call
Thanks for reading this. I'm trying to get my custom menu bar working after an API call that maximizes the screen. It is from a Login form that puts the form on the desktop. These are the two routines that I'm using. The problem is that when Access Hides and then reopens [Maximizes] it maximizes so big that none of the menus are showing. Not even my custom menu which I need. Maybe there's something in the code that shuts out everything else. I don't know Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) 10 On Error GoTo ErrorPoint DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSizeToFitFor...

Outlook 2007: Paste
Hello, I know this question has been asked a few times, but I still do not feel I've read a clear explaination. When I see external or internal names in the To line, somtimes they are like Smith, Tom <Tom.Smith@email.com>; Smith, Becky <Becky.Smith@email.com> And if I select them, right click copy, and go into the message body and click paste, it only pastes the display name. I'm not trying to recreate a distribution list. I'm not trying to recover lost contacts. I work with a lot of vendors and act as a bridge between the business and IT, and often I hav...

additional data in drill-down viewer
Hello: A client would like to see additional data in drill-down viewer. More specifically, he would like to see, for expenses, more information than just "freight". He wants to see things like the PO description and other info. I vaguely remember being able to do this in column layout. How would this detail get on the drill-down viewer? Thanks! childofthe1980s The data is all dependent upon the column layout and what transaction detail you select. The FRx "Getting Started Guide" tells you which transaction detail column types work with GP. -- Charles Allen, M...

Big background page numbers/ Can't change format of a range
Hello, I received a spreadsheet used for printing out tables of data. This spreadsheet contains two features which I would like to understand: 1) Each Excel range that is printed on a separate page contains a big page number in the background of the speadsheet: "page1", "page2" etc. This page number, however, is not printed. How is this achieved? 2) There is a gray are outside the actual data range - and I can't change the formatting of that area. The spreadsheet is not protected. Thank you Michael You're in "Page Break Preview". Click <Vie...

Customization Guide #6
Hello: It wanted to know if RMS 2.0 has a change in "Customization Guide" No there are no changes to the Customization Guide for 2.0. "Wilfredo" wrote: > Hello: > > It wanted to know if RMS 2.0 has a change in "Customization Guide" ...

Copying email to new computer using Express 6
I created a .pst on my old Win98 pc. On my new XP multimedia pc, I do import=>messages and select Outlook Express 6. Then, select "import messages from OE6 store diretory. I select the directory where I put the .pst file. I get the error "No messages can be found in this folder...". What file type is it looking for? What's the recommended procedure to copy Outlook Express 6 messages from one pc to another? Any help will be apprecieated. Thanks, Dave Lent The pst file is Outlook data file not Outlook Express - different Apps So were you using OL or OE on the old...

how do I Export message from Office Outlook 2003 back to Outlook Express 6.0 ?
Hi, I've been using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for a while now. I want to revert back to Microsoft Outlook Express 6,that I'm used to.Since I want to keep some of my messages, the problem is that I cannot export them to a format suitable for Outlook Express 6,that is:Office Outlook 2003 stores message in Outlook.pst file, while Outlook Express stores them as various dbx files (inbox.dbx etc.). All my attempts to export from Outlook Office 2003 failed because I have no format options readble for import in Outlook Express 6. Is there any workaround to this problem ? Thank you all Brun...