Visio startup problems

Hi

We have a user with Visio 2000.  It's hanging at startup (80% at refreshing
directory cache).

I've looked at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303882/EN-US/, but
opening/closing another Office app doesn't rectify the issue.

Thanks
--
Andrew Morgan
IT Department

0
no.spam (1)
1/7/2005 9:46:29 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Run Visio.exe witn -r key. Visio.exe -r.
--
Microsoft Visio site - prodigitall.narod.ru

"Andrew Morgan" <no.spam@any.time> �������/�������� � �������� ���������:
> Hi
>
> We have a user with Visio 2000.  It's hanging at startup (80% at
refreshing
> directory cache).
>
> I've looked at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303882/EN-US/, but
> opening/closing another Office app doesn't rectify the issue.

> Thanks
> --
> Andrew Morgan
> IT Department
> EWS Railway
> Doncaster, UK

0
digitall (19)

Dynamics Currency Problem
Hi, Bit of a strange problem with Dynamics. We have Dynamics set to run on two Citrix servers. One for our UK users, and one for our US users. All of a sudden the smart list exports for our US users are appearing in Pound Sterling as apposed to Dollars. I assume that the currency is taken from the regional settings, is this correct? If so, then is it the local settings of the users PC or is it the profile regional settings on the citrix server? I hope someone can shed some light on this as i am lost as to why this has happened to all US users all of a sudden? Many thanks in advance ...

Problem of SubReport
Hello I make a report Invoice1 and a sub report Invoice1 Sub-Report. I modify reports (Invoice, Invoice Sub-Report) of CRM The subreport contains dataset InvoiceDetails that has a parameter @ CRM_InvoiceID. At my main report Invoice1 I use control Subreport to display in report Invoice1 my subreport (same process as in invoice): I am going into my property subreport object ,in the tab General I choose as my subreport to show, I click Parameters tab ,I choose my Parameter CRM_InvoiceID and value as I give him: = Fields! Invoiceid.value.ToString (). When I visualize my main report with...

Possible problem with PMT and FV functions
Hello, I must be missing something -- here’s the question. If I use the Excel PMT(rate, number of periods, beginning balance, 0,0) function, I can obtain the payments that would be made from an annuity, given the three parameters shown with the function above. The last two values are for “future value” which is set to zero, and “type” which can be a zero or 1, but I set to zero. Once I obtain the payment, I should be able to reverse the calculation and obtain the original value by using the FV(rate, periods, payments, present value, type) function. The problem is ...

Outlook message problem
I have outlook 2000 and I cannot send messages (they just sit in my outbox). I have a mailbox setup which uses an exchange server on the LAN in the day and have a Dial-up ISP account which I use at night. I can receive email from my ISP but cannot send. If I use outlook express and set up mail account it works fine. I have tried to see what I've done wrong, but with no avail. Can somebody please advise me on the correct setup to use exchange on the LAN in the day and dialup ISP for my personal email account at night. Thanks ...

sorting problems
i get the error message "this operation requires merged cells to be identically sized" i have checked several times and the merged cells are the same size. i have tried re-merging and un-merging and nothing seems to work. any ideas? Un-merge; don't re-merge. Merged cells cause countless problems, of which you've found one. Many others can be seen in the archives of thgese Excel newsgroups. -- David Biddulph "4markw" <4markw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:972B5049-62CF-4AEE-A5DD-56E50254DC19@microsoft.com... >i get the...

printer problems with vista
I connected my Epson CX6400 printer to my HP Pavilion computer but not all of my printer options are available. Is there a fix for this problem? On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:03:40 -0600, "clg's" <grangerfarm@juno.com> wrote: What did HP have to say about this problem? BTW, you are on a newsgroup dedicated to the Microsoft Access database; better find a different newsgroup for your printer driver question. -Tom. >I connected my Epson CX6400 printer to my HP Pavilion computer but not all >of my printer options are available. Is there a fix for this problem? ...

POP3 Problem
After being able to do this successfully for years, for some reason I am now having trouble downloading my Yahoo email into Outlook. Can anyone help? What version of Outlook do you have? Do you get any error messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:032401c3d16f$5dcda880$a101280a@phx.gbl... > After being able to do this successfully for years, for > some reason I am now having trouble downloading my Yahoo &...

Exchange 2007 Problem Installing CAS
I am having problems installing the Client Access Server to our Exchange 2007 server. The server currently runs the Mailbox and Hub Transport roles. After I tick the Client Access Server box in setup it does a pre requisite check and passes. It then proceeds to install CAS. It fails part way through this with the error. Read only MultiValluedProperty does not support this operation. The server does show itself as having the CAS role installed in the Exchange Management Console but things like the POP3 and IMAP services are missing. It lets me uninstall CAS with no problems. A bit m...

exchange 2003 full acces problem
Hello everybody I create an account on AD and its mailbox. I grant to this mailbox a full access for another account yesterday morning, it wa working, but this morning, i can not open the mailbox, the full acces is still here. Can you explain me what to do. Thank you, Jean-Marc ...

Product Key problems with Microsoft Office 2004
Have installed everything ok, but when I get to stage 4 of the installation process, 'Product Key', after I type the 20 long product key and click 'finish', a message pops up from the top stating 'Please verify the product key you have entered is correct', yet there is nothing for me to click on to confirm that it is correct, other than the 'finish' button at the top. Any help greatly appreciated. Thom Wood I think that probably means it is not correct. My office 2004 has a 25 digit product key. On 5/14/05 5:01 PM, "Woodie127@hotmail.com" wrot...

Problem when using send to -> as attachment and having the email NOT use the exchange server
We are using Outlook 2003 with both a POP3 account (the main email address for my library) and an exchange account that is only used for town communications. When we go into an office document and pick send to -> email as attachment the email always sends through the exchange account. We have set the POP3 account as default, gone into tools -> options -> send/recieve -> group accounts and told the exchange account to NOT send emails, and in the email itself we tell it specifically to use the POP3 account and it still sends the email with the exchnage server. Does anyone know how...

Data conversion problem
I am new to excel macro. I am importing data from SQL server into excel. My script within DTS job creates the file using a template and populate the sheets. The query runs fine and the data gets populated. But the problem is that all the numeric fields are in wrong data type. It looks like they are all character and there is a small green arrow at the top of each field. What do I need to do to convert them to number as soon as the sheet finished populating? I tried formatting my template, but did not work. The number of record change with every run. Any suggestion?? Biti >>What d...

Lost of 10 hours work on a visio drawing... Please Help
Hy Following the abrupt switch off of my Lap top I cannot open any more a Visio 2000 drawing (the file .vsd is around 1.3MB)... The error message I got while trying to open is: " An error (100) occured during the action Open Save File" " Visio cannot open the file because it is not a Visio file" Do you know some tools that could help me recovering parts of this damage visio file? Thanks for your hep Alain79 Sorry, error 100 is fatal. The only way to minimize it's effect is by the use of backups or upgrading. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? ht...

Mail merge problems
When I merge my excel info into my word document the date is automatically reformatted to dd/mm/yy. I have it formatted as Wednesday, October 29, 2003 (ie). How do I get the information to merge exactly as is into my letter. I am getting a headache trying tofigure it out. It looks right in my document but merges wrong. I tried to confirm conversion at set up and click DDE etc...and I can't establish a connection. Is there another way around this that I am missing? Please help, Amber Amber, It is the format of the merged field in MS Word document that is important, not the Excel fi...

Problem with Typing "&" in Excel Header section
Hi, I am trying to type up the following in the Header section in Excel: King & Bay Financial Review. However, the "&" is not being recognized. It's coming up as King Bay Financial Review. Is there any way I can still type in the ampersand sign in the Header section? Thanks. Shams. Type two ampersands, -- King && Bay Financial Review "Shams" wrote: > Hi, > I am trying to type up the following in the Header section in Excel: > > King & Bay Financial Review. > > However, the "&" is not...

Intelligent Message filter update problem with Junk e-mail folder
I've recently installed Intelligent Message filter on my front end server. All appeared to be working OK, so I went ahead, updated the server with the IMF update and restarted the server. Inbound external messages are now assigned an SCL rating upon delivery on the front end server, but ALL messages seem to be being sent to the Outlook Junk e-mail Outlook folder when SCL rating is above that of 0 and 1. My delivery and junk e-mail settings are both set to 8 under Global Settings - Delivery, but messages are automatically being moved to Junk e-mail folder if they are greater tha...

Form problem 03-11-08
Hi there, I have an input form to capture records to linked SQL tables. the one form opens up with a blank screen on a new record, which is right. The other form opens up with a record loaded... I've looked at every single property for the form, but cannot see a difference between the two forms. Also, the tables that the forms are linked to are identical in setup. Can you help?! On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:05:01 -0700, PsyberFox <PsyberFox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >I have an input form to capture records to linked SQL tables. the one form >opens...

Outlook 2003 IMAP Error on Startup
Everytime I load Outlook 2003 to work in Online mode, I now get an error message that there's an issue with synchronization of my Inbox and it may take a few minutes. When I click OK, Outlook crashes, shows a dialog indicating it must restart, and throws an error to the application event log: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.1106, stamp 3d6dfa28, debug? 0, fault address 0x0001a669. Also in the event log, there's a warning that "...unable to load the associated MOF file for the Outloo...

Outlook 2007 wont start automatically even thoug in startup
I have copied and pasted my outlook icon into the startup manager, but it still doesn't open when I turn my computer on. Any ideas what I am doing wrong "OneNightWithTheKing" <OneNightWithTheKing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1C9A32F-BCD0-4583-ABD6-BEF0480E3107@microsoft.com... >I have copied and pasted my outlook icon into the startup manager, but it > still doesn't open when I turn my computer on. Any ideas what I am doing > wrong What "startup manager" is that? If you want Outlook to start when you log in, put ...

Problem with Adobe
My friend is having trouble with Adobe. He says: The pop ups I am getting say: Eula NVIDIA graphics Driver has stooped working and needs to close Down load manager active x has encountered a problem and needs to close Adobe reader and acrobat manager has encountered a problem and needs to close Adobe tech. said " Adobe was having a problem with Internet Explorer 8" Ideas on how to fix, anyone? TIA, Paul From: "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> | My friend is having trouble with Adobe. He says: | The pop ups I am getting say: | ...

form design problem
I'm fairly new to form design and having difficulty extracting data from one table to include in another table. Table1 has field "software" and "version". Table2 has "computer" and "date of installation" and "software" and "version". I've created a form with Table2's fields... I've selected a combo box to pull table1's fields and bound the [table1].software to [table2].software. This appears to work fine. But now I want to also take the table1.version field for the selected record in the combo box and b...

Problem with office web components
Hi, I have problem with office web components. I use PivotTable and ChartSpace objects. Into PivotTable I have four columns and ChartSpace is connect to PivotTable. (myChartSpace.DataSource = myPivotTable) When I run the application PivotTable shows columns. Chart shows SeriesCollection of this columns. I want to show only two of four columns in Chart. I try to delete SeriesCollection. myChartSpace.Chart(0).SeriesCollection.Delete(2); myChartSpace.Chart(0).SeriesCollection.Delete(3); But this doesn`t work. I dont know if is this possible, when is ChartSpace connect to PivotTable. Whe...

OWA problem...please!
I've recently upgraded to the latest Exchange service pack which gave me an updated version of OWA. My OWA used to work fine before the SP update, but now when I access it using any external computer, I get the following error that is in two different panes of the browser window: --- Bad Gateway The following error occurred: The host name was not found during the DNS lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is.not found by retrying the URL. (DNS_HOST_NOT_FOUND) --- It's very hard to debug as I only have the problem using an external computer. If I use OWA on a local...

SMTP problem #6
On our Exchange Server 2003, in the New SMTP Virtual Server wizard, I get only one IP address in the IP address drop down list. But the server has 2 network cards. How can I add the second IP address, in order to select it from the list? I've been searching everywhere, but I didn't find it. -- Riki Is the other IP address associated with an existing SMTP VS? Nue "Riki" <riki@bounce.com> wrote in message news:uGGGrdsmGHA.856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > On our Exchange Server 2003, in the New SMTP Virtual Server wizard, > I get only one IP address in the IP ...

[2003] Strange HTML problem...
Hi everybody, Let's assume four people : (A - B) : two users of a LAN (my client), no local mail server. C : an external person D : me (the consultant) Machines are running XP Pro / Office 2003 - all patches OK. Description : - When C sends a HTML e-mail to A and B, B can read it perfectly but A sees HTML (and base-64 code if any attachment) garbage. - When B forwards the message he received from C to A, A can read it perfectly. - When D (or anyone else but C) sends a HTML message to A, A can read it perfectly. Thus : - It is obvious that C does not respect one of the standards...