Visio Partner Webcast Series - IT & Network Management

Understanding the impact of new applications and hardware updates on
today's complex networks is an important part of IT & Network
Management. July's Visio partner webcast features two partners with
IT & Network Management solutions that incorporate the power of Visio
into their solutions to help keep business networks performing
optimally.

Join us on Tuesday, July 18th at 9am PST for this informative webcast
on IT & Network Management Solutions.

Partner Profiles

Sysoft (www.sysoft-fr.com)

Sysoft provides Amarco, a solution for Enterprise Architecture analysis
and visualization, as well as process animation. Amarco uses Visio 2003
with SQL Server or Access data to produce high-quality drawings and
export them as linked web pages. The output leverages the impressive
Visio web export to create graphical drill-up / drill down Web
navigation inside the functional & application architecture.
Network-related Visio diagrams are visually represented to display
traffic importance.

Shunra (www.shunra.com)

Shunra's network simulation solutions show the performance of voice,
video and business applications in any network environment - before
they are rolled out into production.  Based on Microsoft Visio, Shunra
VE's (Virtual Enterprise) highly-intuitive GUI lets users design any
test scenarios, giving them an easy way to recreate any current or
future networks and test application functionality, performance and
scalability throughout the development lifecycle.

Pre-register at:
http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=1032302256&EventCategory=2&culture=en-US&CountryCode=US

0
a-enriqd1 (8)
7/10/2006 4:36:23 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Notify me of any other webinars like this one, please.

"Enrique - Microsoft" wrote:

> Understanding the impact of new applications and hardware updates on
> today's complex networks is an important part of IT & Network
> Management. July's Visio partner webcast features two partners with
> IT & Network Management solutions that incorporate the power of Visio
> into their solutions to help keep business networks performing
> optimally.
>
> Join us on Tuesday, July 18th at 9am PST for this informative webcast
> on IT & Network Management Solutions.
>
> Partner Profiles
>
> Sysoft (www.sysoft-fr.com)
>
> Sysoft provides Amarco, a solution for Enterprise Architecture analysis
> and visualization, as well as process animation. Amarco uses Visio 2003
> with SQL Server or Access data to produce high-quality drawings and
> export them as linked web pages. The output leverages the impressive
> Visio web export to create graphical drill-up / drill down Web
> navigation inside the functional & application architecture.
> Network-related Visio diagrams are visually represented to display
> traffic importance.
>

> Shunra (www.shunra.com)
>
> Shunra's network simulation solutions show the performance of voice,
> video and business applications in any network environment - before
> they are rolled out into production.  Based on Microsoft Visio, Shunra
> VE's (Virtual Enterprise) highly-intuitive GUI lets users design any
> test scenarios, giving them an easy way to recreate any current or
> future networks and test application functionality, performance and
> scalability throughout the development lifecycle.
>

> Pre-register at:
> http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=1032302256&EventCategory=2&culture=en-US&CountryCode=US

0
Acolin_f (6)

More flexible License manager
We have recently added a single Sales Professional License to our CRM installation but rather than be able to add a single license to our existing license count we had to first remove the old license and then add a new license with the existing count+1. This meant having to note down exactly what users currently had licenses, remove the old license, install new license and then individually re-add the license back to the user. We only have 14 users but if this were a bigger install it could become quiet tedious having to do this everytime we add a new license. ---------------- This po...

field service, service call management
We are trying to use Service Call to track warranty problems - all parts are shipping from our warehouse. Is it possible to override a backorder when adding parts to a service call? The error message states "you are not allowed to zero out the backordered quantity." In the sales order side, I can choose to override the backorder, cancel, ship available etc. so it would seem the same functionality should be in service call. Thanks. ...

Disconnecting network drive
Hello all I'm trying to write an app that connects/disconnects to network drives, & I'm using 'WNetAddConnection2' I don't map a drive, but just make the connection; however, if a problem arises & I can't get to use th 'WNetCancelConnection2' a network connection appears to remain open, even after the app closes. The reason say "appears" to be is because even though checking through Explorer there are no drive connected, DO 'Netstat' says there's still a connection open via netbios?? So, is there any way to break that conne...

Payables Integration using Integration manager
I am trying to get payables invoices into Great Plains 9 using Integration manager. The source file has one line for each invoice. The purchasing account is different for each invoices. How do I design the integration for payables invoices so that the distribution account for purchasing is pulled from the source file. Thank you. You need two sources: Header and Distribution. For the distribution, click the options tab for the distributions folder and select Default Non-Imported. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jack Tundra" wrote: > I am trying to get payables invoices into ...

I want to be able to manage Outlook ANYWHERE!
Please help! I need to be able to access my email (old,new,folders) and my contacts wherever I am (Home,Work,Laptop,& HP IPAQ). I have Outlook 2003 on all except my IPAQ (i think). As of now the only place I have my 2 email accounts going to is my office, what I hate is being somewhere else and not being able to look at any email or contacts becasue I am not sure how to set up multiple Outlooks for the same accounts. (Not sure if that makes sense) Any help would be great! -- Always Grateful, Rochelle Rochelle <Rochelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help! I...

"You don't have sufficient security privileges to run the user manager wizard" on MS CRM. [THE SOLUTION]
"You don't have sufficient security privileges to run the user manager wizard" Hi, If you have had this error message on MS CRM, try this fix it should work. You need to create a new user in SqlServer NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE with the good privileges on the DB and it should work. It seems that this problem is due to the fact that you are using Windows Authentication whereas this user is not created by default. (and of course this is documented neither in the bloody MS documentation nor anywhere else...) Alexandre MANGUER ..Net Consultant ...

Error c0070005 when trying to run Exchange System Manager
Hi Keep getting the c0070005 Exchange System Manager error message when I try to open System Manager, as a reslult I can't manage anything. Can anyone please help? Thanks Is this is? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q32391 -- thogar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- thogarr's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=185 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187051570 Thanks for the post, but I tried that and it still doesn't work Piet "thogarr" wrote: > > Is this is? > http:...

Visio Shapes for Web Diagram
I have just installed Vision 2003 and trying to create diagram for my upcoming project involving J2EE with web pages and BPEL flows. I was intending to use the 'Web Diagram' shape which I saw on my colleagues PC which has Visio 2002 installed. But I do not seem to find it with the version (2003) I have just installed. Any reasons or how I can get that ? web diagramming is included in the professional version. http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/prodinfo/diagramtypes.mspx#EUPAE "Nachuri" <Nachuri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD061C57-C4F...

task manager not responding
Hi all, When I try to run task manager using ctrl-alt-del, it doesn't start it. Any ideas?? My computer is running WIndows vista home premiun SP2. TIA "Fanor P." <ronaf09@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45721B8F-2398-4248-81DF-5BA9A1A7EC81@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > When I try to run task manager using ctrl-alt-del, it doesn't start it. > Any ideas?? > My computer is running WIndows vista home premiun SP2. > Rt/click in the taskbar, and try it from there. bw.. Hello Fanor, In Vista it's CTRL+SHIFT+ESC now t...

Network Check before Moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm going to be moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 shortly, and already have a Windows Server 2003 AD environment in place, with a seemingly happy ADC connecting to Exchange 5.5. I'd like to make sure that my Windows 2003 environment is optimised before making the move to Exchange 2003, specifically I want to look at AD replication, FSMO roles, DC/GC placement and anything else that you can recommend? Does anyone have some tools/scripts/checklists that I could use for my project. If I have to go through my environment manually I can, but I'm hoping that there is ...

Distribution list available under OWA but not on internal network
I have recently run into a situation with Exchange 2003 where I can create new email and distribution groups that will not show up locally in my global address book but it will when I log in remotely. I always thought it was the same list regardless. Are you using an Offline Address Book? Could it be a sync problem that is client specific? Nue "Rob H" <RobH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B197B1DB-E7A6-43D5-B2C0-6A019EDA86E8@microsoft.com... >I have recently run into a situation with Exchange 2003 where I can create > new email and distribution gr...

XP / Office 2007 files write extremely slow to network share (2 mi
My dept recently moved our shared drive from a dated Snap Appliance to an Apple Xserve Raid (OSX 10.4 / Samba 3). We have mostly XP clients running Office 2007 Professional, and Symantec Endpoint 11 by requirement. Since the switch our clients are experiencing very slow save times to the network share (1-2 minutes, sometimes +), specifically when files are opened, edited and saved directly on the share. This was not the norm before the switch. We've found the following while investigating: A) On XP clients: Office 2007 files opened, edited and saved directly on shar...

Visio not printing as shown in previewed
Organizational chart previews perfectly on a single sheet, but only prints the lowere third to half. How can this be corrected? usually ends up as a printer driver issue. al "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50A41B02-2D88-4DB0-B85F-2C93784E2B7D@microsoft.com... > Organizational chart previews perfectly on a single sheet, but only prints > the lowere third to half. How can this be corrected? ...

Upgrade from Business Contact Manager
We are currently using the latest version of Business Contact Manager but are looking at moving to Microsoft CRM. Everyhting I have read on BCM says that there is a seamless upgrade to CRM 1.2. We are currentl working on moving the BCM data to CRM 1.2 as a pilot and can find no documentation on the "semaless" upgrade. Does anyone know how this seamless upgrade occurs or where we could find documentation on how to migrate from Business Contact Manager to CRM 1.2? Any hlep you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I believe the seamless upgrade that the marketing mat...

Centrally managed picklist fields for an entity or among entities
Centrally managed picklist fields for an entity or among entities so that the picklist values can be shared. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7ccfcff1-6d95-4...

CRM 1.2 Workflow Manager security problem
When trying to launch Workflow Manager, I get the following error: You do not have sufficient Microsoft CRM priveleges to use the Workflow Manager. For moreinformation, contact your system administrator. I'm logged in as administrator and it does this. It does not prompt me for user name/password. Any idea how I can get around this without starting over? Thanks. Does your administrator user have a CRM license assigned to it? Is that license a Professional level license? Workflow is only available with a Pro level license and the user running WM must be assigned a Pro license ...

Integration Manager Error Messages #3
We have a customer running an integration for payables transactions. The file integrates and a batch is created but the integration log lists the following error message for each line: Insert Failed. Doc Warning: Field 'Distributions.Distribution Reference' truncated at 30. Doc Error: An error occured. Contact your system administrator to verify data." The end of the log shows that all documents failed to integrateI "ntegration status: No documents succeeded " even though they all did and the batch is created in GP. They did find one record that had an inco...

MSCRM Deployment manager domain list problem
I was trying to add users to MSCRM using Deployment Manage User Manager but the wizards cannot list the available domain controller from the AD, thus no users can be displayed in the list. What causes this problem? Please advise. We are getting the same thing. There is an article on this but I do not have a customer loging yet: KB 917946 CRM 3.0 Administration 06/23/06 User Manager Wizard does not display the Active Directory User list in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Maybe you do? "Benjamin Fallar III" wrote: > I was trying to add users to MSCRM using Deployment Manage...

Teach Yourself Supply Chain Management in 24 Hours Guide !!
From the basics of Supply Chain Management, planning to implementing and controlling the operations of the supply chain as efficiently as possible. Including Supply chain management problems ,Supply chain business process integration,SCM components integration , This Guide is ideal for all levels... http://flying-rugs.com/SCM_in_24_Hours ...

Contact Manager chokes when asked to create new contact or account
Just installed Outlook 2003 and Contact Manager. When I try to set up either a new contact or account I get this message "Cannot start MS Outlook. A program error occurred. Quit outlook & MS Windows and start again." I click ok (even though it's NOT!!) and I get the hour glass for 20 seconds, then the same message again, hourglass ....then I get the contact screen to fill in. Restarting (and re-booting) does not appear to correct the problem. Any one else with this problem or know of a possible solution? Thanks Contactless ---------------------------------------------...

Ex2k3 Mailbox Management policies
I am attempting to use a mailbox management recipient policy to do the following: 1. Notify users how many items that are 1MB+ in size, and in which folder they reside. 2. Delete anything in the Junk E-mail folder that is older than 30 days Each item, by itself, is easily done by creating a mailbox management recipient policy, and setting the action as appropriate. For #1, I just have it scan all the folders with my requirements, and have it notify the users, inserting the report. For #2, I set the size to any and the age to 30 days. The problem is, the "action" (which can...

ColHdgs=Years show up as series not as legend labels #2
Hi Bernard - thanks for the reply, but the two rows of data are all I have available and selected, 2001 2002 2003 2004 10000 8000 12000 11500 and the chart I need is a clustered 3-d column, but I can't get this data to work with any chart type, to make the year numbers be the labels for the second row data series. We don't have a "heading at the top of the year data." But, I'm interested in what that oddity would be?? Bernard Liengme Wrote: > You do not say what type of chart you are making; but if it is a Lin > chart > try deleting the heading a...

Accessing files on Desktop from in network computers
I recently had my desktop tuned up and when I recieved it back they updaed the Bios and now I cannot open microsoft (xcel, Word, Powerpoint) file with the standard application. It opens as Read only and the content of the file is blank. I can open the word document with clipboard, excel with the internet option and Powerpoint with viewer. In additon, when I try to attach docs to an email through the desltop short cut, it gives me the following error "ccess to the following potenially unsafe attachements has been blocked: xxxxxxxx.INK" Any thoughts? -- JCS &q...

Duplicate email keeps comming into network
Every once in a while when a user inside of my exchange network recieves an email form the outside containing an eattchment the message will keep comming into the users inbox every few minutes or every hour. At first i thought it was a virus of some sort on the senders end, but then it happened to several users and now i am beginning to think it is a problem inside of my network, anybody experience this before and can help would be great. My administrators solution is to block the senders address form comming in but we can not do that because alot of the senders are people we need to communica...

Ho do I make my data series touch the axis?
I have made a combine chart showing bars and a trend line. I would lik ethe trend line to touch the y-axis - and not just start at the middle of the first bar. How is that don? And how do I specify the width of the bars? I want them to touch each other. And how do I make my bars transparent? Somehow I cant activate the transparency sliders on the fill effects menu. In the trendline options, set the forecast to 0.5 units backwards and forwards. The columns will touch if you set the gap width to zero (double click the series, go to the Options tab). You can't get true transparency...