Visio Org Chart?

I have a request to create a virtual org chart where if you click on a name
in the org chart you see additional information regarding individual.  Also
this org chart would be accessible via Company website.  I thought that this
could be accomplished in Excel, PowerPoint and or Visio.  I am new to Visio
so I am leaning toward the other two.  Could someone please give me a round
down of which application would be better for this and why?  Thank you for
any help you can provide.

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Visio has the most advanced capability. You can generate the chart from a
wizard and then publish it as a web application to do just what you
describe. You just need a data source (DB or spreadsheet) that has the
correct fields. See Help for more information.

HTH

"TotallyConfused" <TotallyConfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:059457E5-9EB6-4185-A625-FE68C25408A4@microsoft.com...
>I have a request to create a virtual org chart where if you click on a name
> in the org chart you see additional information regarding individual.
> Also
> this org chart would be accessible via Company website.  I thought that
> this
> could be accomplished in Excel, PowerPoint and or Visio.  I am new to
> Visio
> so I am leaning toward the other two.  Could someone please give me a
> round
> down of which application would be better for this and why?  Thank you for
> any help you can provide.

Visio and Word
I'm assisting a co-worker with her Master's Thesis and I need to create an Org Chart. That was the easy part in Visio! I now need to place it in a Word Document. She's using Word for XP with the StyleEase add in for Turabian. When I try to copy/paste into Word, I get asky codes. Obviously that's no good. Is there a way to import/copy place an editable chart from Visio into Word? Thanks, Pete I'm unfamiliar with the Word add-ins, but your result is not normal Visio / Word behavior. Usually, you can either just paste or paste special and insert a Visio drawing...

Visio normal curves
The Normal Curves in Viso 2003 Professional should actually look like they came from the normal distribution. They are the wrong shape! A normal distribution curve is not as pointed at the top. It is much more smooth. I would be embarassed to say this was a normal curve! Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

Excel basic chart data layout
I=92ve just been upgraded to Office 2007 and trying to get data were I want in a basic chart is surprisingly difficult. I have a table with three columns; Potential Hazards, Severity and Probability I want a column chart with Probability in the X axis, Severity in the Y axis and the corresponding Potential Hazards in the legend. I could use some basic direction as to how to accomplish this. Thanks Robert Hi, Can we assume the problem you are having is the chart contains 3 series rather than 2. With the first series being the information you require as the horizontal axis...

Radar Chart
I thought I had already posted this question but it has not appeared so I am reposting (from different email address). I would like to know if it is possible to show that data table on a radar chart? This option does not appear to be available. Kind regards, Alison Allison - Put the chart on a worksheet, then make your own data table in the cells below or beside the chart. This has the advantage of being able to include any data you want in the table, and the ability to format it however you want. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Exc...

Automatic removal of data labels with 0 value in a chart
Hi, I have some charts that I want to remove only the data labels which value = 0. I know how to do this manually,I am only interested in finding out how to display data labels in a chart whose values are equal to 0. If the only way to do this is by using BVA code, would you please send me some code. Is there a toggle swith in the Excel Options just like the one that currently exists not to display 0 in a work sheet? I have about 100 columns in seven different charts that I need to edit manually every week and it is very time consuming. Thanks. You can use a simple custom num...

Excel charts #12
I am trying to format the individual labels on the category axis on an Excel chart. I want every other label in a different color and bold. But the entire category axis is formatted. Does anyone have a suggestion? The category axis is years - 1990 through 2005. I want the odd years to be bold and a different color than the even years. When Excel doesn't let me do what I want with a chart axis, I draw my own: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Use this technique to make two different axes, one for even and one for odd, and hide the default axis Excel draw...

Diabetic blood BCI daily diary chart
Does anyone know of an exel chart for diabetic bci daily diary chart available for download What information are you looking to track?? "Bruce" wrote: > Does anyone know of an exel chart for diabetic bci daily diary chart > available for download Send me your email address to my address below and I'll send you one I use. Also good for BP -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F8DD444-520D-43F4-A2CF-BA8595CA01BE@microsoft.com... > Does anyone ...

Undo Visio command
Anyone know how to undo the Visio 2003 _Shape_operations_Union command? Regards. Well you can Edit/Undo (ctrl+Z) immediately, but if you're past your undo limit then I'm afraid you can't (other than to close the document without saving and then re-open back to a previous saved version). When carrying out certain Shape/Operations Visio creates a new shape so you may be left with very different shape geometry. Sorry the news isn't good. Best regards John John Goldsmith www.visualSignals.co.uk "duffsparky" <duffsparky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Gantt charts
Just starting to create a gantt chart. Any resource to walk you through a beginner level to more advance gantt charts ? "Drew Cutter" <andrewc@wcoil.com> wrote in message news:e2lvpe$gh2$0$65.17.128.14@wcoil.com... > Just starting to create a gantt chart. Any resource to walk you through a > beginner level to more advance gantt charts ? http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA010346051033.aspx http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://lacher.com/toc.htm ...

Bar chart scales
Hi, I have data that has large discrepancies in it. For example, 90% of the data is on a scale of 10. The remaining 10% is on a scale of 900. I want to create a split in the bar so that the one outlier doesn't create a graph that shows only the large number and not the small numbers. How do I do that? Pluto Check Jon Peltier's http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <13f8301c3c2fc$0dc77b...

wanting to NOT plot #Div/0 on chart
Good afternoon, I have serveral charts that plot #div/0 as zeros. My current function is simple (=sum(D3+G3)/C3), which returns the #div/0 in the reports containing the chart info. Is there a formula I could use (NA? possibly) that would take care of this problem? Thank you! Asking 3 times in no more likely (in fact probably less likely) to give you an answer than asking once. -- David Biddulph Brandy wrote: > Good afternoon, > > I have serveral charts that plot #div/0 as zeros. My current > function is simple (=sum(D3+G3)/C3), which returns the #div/0 in the > repo...

Formula'd cells charting as zero values
I have a very simple series, on which a line chart is based. The series contains the following formula: =IF(I6<>"",H26+I6,"") Therefore the cells in the range are blank if the source cell (row I) is empty. However, all cells with the above formula are being plotted as a zero value in the line chart? Can anyone advise how to prevent this happening while retaining the formula? I want NO value to be plotted instead of a zero. Many thanks, Jay Use an error instead =IF(I6<>"",H26+I6,NA()) will work, if the error annoys you from a design point...

Shlaer-Mellor template for Visio 2002
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a Shlaer-Mellor template available for Visio 2002? Thanks, Danny ...

Text Box Missing from Printed Chart in Excel 2007
Text box will not print or show up in "Print Preview" on line chart. Text box has been brought to the front of the chart, but still unsuccessful. Similar chart in different workbook prints fine. Suggestions? -- Thank You, TimB Sounds like you positioned the textbox over the chart but not embedded in it. Try Cut the textbox, select the chart, paste the textbox in the chart, reposition to suit. Regards, Peter T "TimB" <TimB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D54A69A-7C71-433A-B0A3-55821D3DEB9F@microsoft.com... > Text box will not print or ...

Chart from PivTbl, WITHOUT PivChart?
I've been trying for hours. How do you make a chart from PivotTable data WITHOUT using/going through a PivotChart? I cannot seem to get the control I want over the graph - the PivotChart assumes too many things. Dick Penny -- dpenny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dpenny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19708 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=556090 Dick - Select a cell somewhere outside of the pivot table. Use Step 1 of the Chart Wizard to choose the chart typ...

Chart/Graph Help
I am doing a simple line chart/graph for 7 years. One of the points in the line I need to accentuate or make it stand out for a text footnote I am adding. How do I do this? I am a novice with charts/graphs. Click once on the point in the chart, now click on it again. You have selected a single point. Right click and use Format Data Point; now you can give that point another colour and/or shape. Be careful when you do the second click not to move the mouse; otherwise the point will move. Alternative: use a call out Use View|Toolbars and have Drawing toolbar visible Click on chart to se...

How to change plot area size of pivot chart
I have not been able to find a way to change the size of the plot area of a pivot chart. Is there a way to do this? thx, Jua No, not without stretching the entire chart. This is one of the limitations of pivot charts. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "juamig" <juamig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42BC8AA2-D06D-49B7-B265-3231193167D4@microsoft.com... >I have not been able to find a way to change the size of the plot area of a > pivot chart. Is ...

Column Charts
I would like to produce a stacked column chart to show two different types of income over two years. I cannot for the life of me work out how to do it. HELP!!! Enter the data on a worksheet, e.g.: 2001 2002 A 100 150 B 100 150 where the income types are A and B. Select a cell in the range, and click the Chart Wizard button Select the Column chart type, and the Stacked Column subtype Marion wrote: > I would like to produce a stacked column chart to show two different types of > income over two years. I cannot for the life of me work out how to do it. > HELP!!...

Excel Charts #2
My problem is that I have a chart that I am creating a chart of tota sales for new molds and products for our sales engineering guy for eac year 99 to current. No problem, right? Wrong! He wants each bar t be broken down in to top customers to show where the sales came from. I have never done this - how do I accomplish two graphs in one ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com What kind of a chart do you want? What would be on the x-axis? The y- axis? How are ...

Colouring Chart backgrounds
Hello, I would like to colour the background of a chart with 3 different horizontal stripes of colour. I have tried drawing 3 rectangles on it but cannot send it to the back, therefore it covers my actual chart info. Is there a way of doing this? Many thanks, Amanda Hi Amanda, Take a look at Jon Peltier's example, you should be able to adapt it. (http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html) Amanda wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to colour the background of a chart with 3 > different horizontal stripes of colour. I have tried &...

Charting information from a number of worksheets
Dear All I have a spreadsheet set up with one worksheet for each week of the year. The spreadsheets all have exactly the same template. I would like to plot a graph of the data held in cell B4 in all of the worksheets. I want to end up with a graph with the weeks across the bottom and the value of B4 for each week on the y axis. Is this possible? Thanks Ian While searching for the answer to my own question - I found this - which may be helpful for your issue. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html ...

Chart does not print properly even if shows ok in page break previ
When I have a worksheet which includes a chart that is big in size and then I want it to print in one page then I use the fit to function in the page property window and select either a percentage or the number of pages (i.e, tall x wide). Once I print or do print preview the cells are shrunk so the fit to whatever size I requested but somehow the chart does not shrink. I looks as if it is an independent object. This is deceiving particularly in the page break preview which does show that my chart will fit inside my page but when I print it does something completely different. Exce...

Can a text box on a chart be locked to an X-Y coordinate location on the chart?
I would like a text box to remain at a particlar location on a chart in terms of the scale of the chart. So, if new data causes the X-axis or Y-axis to rescale, the text box remains at the same X-Y coordinate. This does not seem to be the default behavior, and i cannot find a way to accomplish it. Please let me know if there is a way. Much thanks! You could always try recalculating what the new position should be from the max and min values of the axes and then setting top and left parameters of your text box accordingly. -- mrice Research Scientist with many years of spreadsh...

Creating and Editing a Chart
I have downloaded the trial version of MS Office 2007.I have created a chart of train schedules,but the time and distance on the chart are on the vertical and horizontal axis respectively.I want to switch these so that the time is the horizontal axis and distance the vertical axis.Plus the times listed on the vertical axis are different than the schedule on the worksheet.How can I edit these? The other question I have concerns chart size.What are the limits of the chart's vertical and horizontal axis? Thanks. Bill B You need to set up your data so the X variable is in the left co...

Copying Charts w/o absolute refs in data series?
I have a chart with it's source data to the right of it. The source data references sumif criteria also within that same bunch of rows. I wanted to make several copies of these rows and chart down the sheet, with a view to changing the sumif criteria and thus having several DIFFERENT charts. Trouble is I can't figure out how to NOT have the copied charts referencing the first chart's source data. Been googling these groups with no success. Can someone give me clue, or better still a solution? Please don't respond with an email, as I am at work and my groups email is sent to my ...