Visio normal curves

The Normal Curves in Viso 2003 Professional should actually look like they
came from the normal distribution.  They are the wrong shape!  A normal
distribution curve is not as pointed at the top.  It is much more smooth.  I
would be embarassed to say this was a normal curve!

Justin

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7726b09e-2194-433d-b4ab-0f915bb023c6&dg=microsoft.public.visio
0
Justin7863 (92)
10/2/2006 5:39:03 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Justin,

Try pulling on the little yellow handles. The one on the left allows you to
soften the bell, and the one in the middle-top allows you to skew the
distribution.

--
Hope this helps,

Chris Roth
Visio MVP

More Visio shapes, articles, development info and pure diagramming fun at:
www.wanderkind.com/visio

"Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The Normal Curves in Viso 2003 Professional should actually look like they
> came from the normal distribution.  They are the wrong shape!  A normal
> distribution curve is not as pointed at the top.  It is much more smooth.
> would be embarassed to say this was a normal curve!
>
> Justin
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7726b09e-2194-433d-b4ab-0f915bb023c6&dg=microsoft.public.visio

0
Chris

Best Microsoft Visio 2002 book?
I need a book that help me to use VBA and SpreadSheet on Visio 2002 ? Thanks Mosca Start with the Microsoft Visio SDK. It has lots of documentation and code samples. http://msdn.microsoft.com/visio -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mosca" <fly_boxer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:n0Ooc.251900$rM4.10715132@news4.tin.it... > I need a book that help me to use VBA and SpreadSheet on Visio 2002 ? > > Thanks > Mosca > > Developing Microsoft Visio Solutions. Ra...

What is Visio error 0x86db0c90 ?
Does anyone know what the error code 0x86db0c90 means? I get this error when opening an empty sheet, insert an OLEControl (no matter what kind of control) undoing the insert and then exporting the active page to an .emf file. The .emf file is not written. Same error with Visio 2003 and 2007. Dieter ...

Using Farsi Language in VISIO
How Can I Use Farsi Language in Visio?Or Which Version Of VISIO Can Support Farsi? I believe Arabic will be supported in the next version of Visio (to be released later this year). John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Hassan" <san_ghasemi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:096201c3503e$1e549540$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How Can I Use Farsi Language in Visio?Or Which Version Of > VISIO Can Support Farsi...

Paste special from Visio 2003
I am trying to paste a flowchart from Visio 2003 to Publisher 2007. I am pasting it as an enhanced metafile. Most flowcharts that I paste are Ok, but occasionally the lines will not line up correctly. They don't seem to split evenly when going from one box to two boxes. Everything seems OK in the original file in Visio. ...

Real time data in Visio.
I understand that I cannot view real time data from a visioviewer. instead of using VisioViewer I will load Visio in my PC and using RUN command i can execute my application and able to see the real time data update on the screen. But if the same environment i give to a customer, there may be every chance of him middling with my code or changing the Shapes on my screen. i want to restrict this activity. Is there any possibility that i can disable the Menu and by using function key F5 or RUN command he can execute the apllication. Please suggest. Anil, Some tips to get you headed in the ri...

Gradients of curves at a tangent
:confused: How do I get a calculated gradient for any part of a cumulativ frequency graph. See CONC sheet. I can do it manually but I can' believe that Excel can't do this for me and faster! Help +---------------------------------------------------------------- | Attachment filename: bioresults.xls |Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=365724 +---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View an...

Changing the background colour on Visio?
Hi - does anyone know how to change the background colour on Visio 2003? I can't find a plain background template that allows you to choose your own colour. I've changed the background settings to grey, but it still prints out white so I must be doing something wrong. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Hi Marcia I'm having the same problem, did oyu ever figure out how to print the background color? Thanks! Paul "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8734E84-40BE-429F-A403-5B193942AAA8@microsoft.com... > H...

Curve the Text Box in a Newsletter?
Is there a way to curve the text box justification? There are severa templates within Publisher that have curved color "blocks" that ru along the left or right border of the newsletter. I am able t insert a text box, but am unable to justify it along the curve of th color block Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks. Lewiedude This is a wrap issue, bring the "color blocks" to the front. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "lewiedude" <mlewensohn@comcast-dot-net.no-spam.invalid&g...

Text for Visio 2003 Stencil
I have created about 6 templates, and would like to be able to have them fit inside a rack. The problem I am having is, when I resize the shape to fit into a standard rack. The text size is limited to 1 pt. Once the text reaches 1 pt the text becomes unreadable and too large for the Stencil itself. If I expand it to a larger image the text resizes accordingly, when using the formula =(Height/x.xxxx m) * x pt. Is there any formula I can use to allow the text to be smaller than 1pt. Grouping the drawing doesn't seem to help. I have seen shapes which have this done, but going through...

How to change word back to normal from a simplyfied version?

Setup.exe return the error 'not a valid WIN32 file'. (Can not install) What gives???? ...

How do you change normal format?
I followed instructions for making a new format and saved to the file as instructed but when I close and reopen Publisher the New Style does not appear. Using Publish 2002 but states same procedure for both. Thanks for any assistance. Hi Ms Upp (Ms Upp@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I followed instructions for making a new format and saved to the || file as instructed but when I close and reopen Publisher the New || Style does not appear. Using Publish 2002 but states same procedure || for both. Check out the following link: http://www.publishermvps.com/...

Indicate hidden slide in normal view
In Slide Sorter View, I can select slides to "hide". Is there a way to show that a slide is hidden when I'm working in Normal View? I'm using Office 2003 in Windows XP. On Mar 19, 4:15=A0pm, Paul <paul.domas...@gmail.com> wrote: > In Slide Sorter View, I can select slides to "hide". =A0Is there a way > to show that a slide is hidden when I'm working in Normal View? =A0I'm > using Office 2003 in Windows XP. The slidenumber in the slides pane on the left will have a box around it and a line through it. IF you're viewing the outl...

visio #5
If I draw a wheel with spokes how can I be sure the spokes are eavenly spaced Create a guideline for each of the spokes. Open the Size & Position Window from the View window and then drag a guideline from the size. Using the Size and Position Window set the angle to be what you want. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "grump" <grump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2262DC2C-8216-...

i want to use Miscrosoft Visio object Modal in VB 6
hi all Any one tell me from where i get the information actually i want to create an application using the microsfot Visio to create a digram in my application using visio builtin object any idea how can i do this Thanks in advanced Regards khurram try here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/devref/html/dvs_00_preface_535.asp?frame=true and then download the v2003 sdk for examples Al "Syed Khurram Alam" <khurram.alam@eintelligencesoft.com> wrote in message news:uZKz3N6rEHA.3288@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi all > > Any one tell me from where i get the infor...

How do I indicate UML sequence diagram loops in Visio?
The UML specification has something called critical regions which I can not find in Visio. It is in chapter 14 of the Superstructure. Interaction operators are an attribute of the combined fragment. I would be grateful if someone can suggest to me how these interaction boxes are to be implemented with Visio. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:18:00 -0700, DougE <DougE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The UML specification has something called critical regions which I can not >find in Visio. It is in chapter 14 of the Superstructure. Interaction >operators ...

Visio wont start after installation
I just installed Visio 2002 on my computer and when I try to start the program I get this message: VISIO caused an invalid page fault in module GDIPLUS.DLL at 0177:00455af9. Registers: EAX=00455af4 CS=0177 EIP=00455af9 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=00410000 SS=017f ESP=007efb40 EBP=007efbe8 ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00455adc FS=0e17 EDX=7ffe0000 ES=017f EDI=00455ae0 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 02 f7 62 04 0f ac d0 18 35 18 b0 58 00 a3 18 Stack dump: 00455ac9 00000001 000088ae 00452def 00000094 00000004 0000000a 040a08ae 00000001 00204120 bffc9490 007efba4 00000000 65fb3008 65fb300c 65f222ff Does a...

convert WORD to VISIO
Dear all, Is it possible to convert a WORD document to a VISO format file? I have a WORD document with a flowchart containing some rectanglar shapes and lines end with arrows, is there a simple way to convert them to VISIO's stencil items inside a VISIO file? I have tried to drag it, but it's only a imported drawing item...... thanks & regards, John. no, the objects aren't compatible. Al "John" <john_soup@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2e92901c46d65$088a1c90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > Is it possible to convert a WORD document to ...

Question Asked Grays out... Is this Normal
Hi, I posted a Question but in The list its Grayed out... Is that Normal... or Some thing Wrong with my Windows Live... Mail ? thanks.. And Thanks ALL MVPs... Khalak On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:02:04 -0700, "Khalakmu" <khalakmu@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > > I posted a Question but in The list its Grayed out... Is that Normal... >or Some thing Wrong with my >Windows Live... Mail ? > >thanks.. > And Thanks ALL MVPs... >Khalak I would suggest asking the question in a forum supporting Windows Live Mail. This forum is...

visio hyperlink to excel row
I have a drawing of a Dell rack with individual Dell server box pics in it. I figured out how to link one server's picture (using insert hyperlink) to open a spreadsheet containing server stats. What my boss wants is for each individual server's picture, when clicked, to open to its row of data in said excel file. Does anyone have a clue as to how this is done, either thru hyperlink, macro, vba, vbs, or sql script for each server? It would be helpful if the solution could find the server name in the spreadsheet then go right to that row. Thanks very much from a 1st time vis...

Visio 2010 beta and BCSRuntime.dll problem
I recently downloaded Visio beta 2010 and now, upon opening Outlook (From office 2003), I receive the BCSRuntime.dll missing error. Seems to work ok but I'd like to resove the problem and eliminate the notification. I also run full Office 2007 suite. -- SP ...

CRichEditCtrl GetLine problem and DAMAGE after normal block
I'm getting the error "DAMAGE: after normal block" and traced the problem to how I am calling GetLine in the RichEdit control. This was my call: if( 0 < c_REditor.LineLength(k)) { i = c_REditor.GetLine( m_iLineIndex, line.GetBuffer(j)); line.ReleaseBuffer(j); } Reading the GetLine documentation I need to allocate an extra 32 bits of buffer for the maximum number of bytes that can be copied into the buffer. So I changed my call to this: if( 0 < c_REditor.LineLength(k)) { i = c_REditor.GetLine( m_iLineIndex, line.GetBuffer(j + 1)); line.ReleaseBuffer(j + ...

Incompatibility between Visio 2003 and Visio EA
I have created UML diagrams with Visio 2003 Professional. THese cannot be read by Visio EA 2003. Is there a patch available. I downloaded patches from www.microsoft.com/office/visio but that did not help. I would use Visio 2003 professional, however the Code option under the UML menu is missing? Is this function not supposed to be available? SK VEA 2003 was released before Visio 2003 and so it contains Visio 2002. You need to save the Visio 20003 file in Visio 2002 format. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.m...

Visio usable in VS2008?
Can I install "Visio for Enterprise Architects" and use it in VS2008 Beta2 for UML modeling and reverse engineering? Thanks, Dave ------=_NextPart_0001_755C745F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The new version of Visual Studio is not going to include a Visio modeling version like the VEA product that was bundled with prior releases of VS since VS.Net was released. Since the install of the VEA products has always been tied to the version of Visual Studio present on the system, I believe that you will be blocked from installing an older version of VEA...

Visio 2002
Setup: Visio 2002 (10.0.525.4) XP (fully up to date with services packs and updates) 1G RAM Problem: Saving a document frequently causes Visio to crash, producing the error log below. For a long time this worked without problem, but recently Visio has become very unreliable (1 out of 4 saves causes a crash). Removing/reinstalling hasn't improved the situation. Event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 10 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 04/11/2003 Time: 10:50:20 User: N/A Computer: -------- Description: Faulting application visio.exe, version 10.0.525.4, ...