Visio is unable to create a shape using this master shortcut.

I want to use a shape called 1-D Word balloon so I try to drag it from
Charting Shapes to my work but I get the following message:

Visio is unable to create a shape using this master shortcut. The target
master cannot be found in the target document

Dragging basic shapes works fine.

I'm using Visio 2003.

Thank you.
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:53:01 -0700, Pierre
<idontwanttoreceiveemail@hotmaildotcomm> wrote:

>I want to use a shape called 1-D Word balloon so I try to drag it from
>Charting Shapes to my work but I get the following message:
>
>Visio is unable to create a shape using this master shortcut. The target
>master cannot be found in the target document
>
>Dragging basic shapes works fine.
>
>I'm using Visio 2003.

Either it's not the original stencil or it's a copy of the shape
(shortcut). You need to find the stencil containing the original
shape, not the shortcut to the shape.
When you've found the correct stencil you may need to ensure that you
save the diagram workspace.

--

Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio     http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

Replace conditional Formatting with Shapes
Hi I currently have a sheet conditional Formatted RED,AMBER and GREEN is it possible to replace this with a relevantly coloured autoshape i.e Circle. :confused: -- Rikuk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rikuk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26559 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398299 No conditional formatting can only affect the formatting of the cell and does not include number formatting. You could still change the color of the cell and have the shape overlay the ...

Generate SQL code from Visio
How does Visio generate SQL code, table create scripts from the entities modelled ? > How does Visio generate SQL code, table create scripts from the entities > modelled ? I'm assuming by your question that you are using the pro version, in which case the answer is that it doesn't. However, you can download the utility on my website (free, url below) and the xslt available on the add-ons page which will export the model as XML and translate it into SQL DDL respectively. Hope that helps, Scot. ................................................ Scot Becker Orthogonal Softwar...

Deleting Custom Fields created in SQL Schema
Hi, I read in another thread that you cannot delete custom fields created in SQL Schemas. Will this be something available in the next version of SQL or CRM 5.0 or how or when can this be done. Concerned as we will have to create a large number of custom fields for an upcoming conversion and if we need to delete any then we are "hooped". Also, what is the limit to the number of custom fields you can add? Thanks! Shauna I am not sure on the next version of CRM if it will allow that or not. Currently there is no way to delete fields. The limit is not really a limit of CRM...

Ability to create an item type that can be purchased but not sold
Need the ability to catagorize an item so that it can not be sold. For instance, a base part is purchased and then modified into the final product. Only the final product should be sold, but I still need to purchase the base item. Currently I do not see a fool-proof way of limiting an item from being sold. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in ...

Using Visual Studio 2008 as the HTML Editor in Internet Explorer 8
I have Visual Studio 2008 and Internet Explorer 8 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. In Internet Explorer 8 on the Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs -> HTML Editor dropdown list, the only programs listed are Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word, and Notepad. Anybody who knows what Visual Studio 2008 is knows that one of the file types it can be used to edit is *.html files. It's even Microsoft software, and the version of Office that I have installed is 2003, so you would think that if Office 2003 is willing to add itself to the choices, software wh...

Sending Email without using Smart Host
We have Exch2000. We used to use Earthlink as our dial-up ISP and configured the SMTP connector to "Forward all mail through this connector to the following smart host: with the Earthlink SMTP info as: smtpauth.earthlink.net In order to get a broadband connection, we switched to using an EVDO card (Aircard for Mobile BroadBand) from are wireless carrier who does not provide SMTP mail server capability. Our incoming mail (POP3) has always been hosted by our webhost based on our domains (CompanyNameA.com;CompanyNameB.com). What are our options to send email..such as setting up a free gmai...

How do I create a combo box that is tied to another combo box?
I am trying to create a combo box that is associated with yet another combo box. So, for example, I have a combo list currently, but I'd like another list (a sub-list) to pop up with each input in the combo list. Is this possible? Could you live with Data Validation dropdown lists instead of combocbox? See Debra Dalgleish's site for how-to and a sample workbook. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:26:03 -0800, rosamaria <rosamaria @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to create a com...

Use of X.400 Addresses in Exchange 2003?
Our Exchange organization is pretty simple -- everything is routed with SMTP within one routing group, no foreign mail systems. Is there any reason why we need X.400 addresses for recipients? I noticed that recipient policies cannot be created without an X.400 address being defined. I've removed X.400 addresses from a few recipients, and it hasn't affected their mail delivery at all. They are required when you're on Exchange 5.5 or in mixed mode. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Patrick Rohe" <Patrick...

using a bar code reader need to drop down a cell automaticaly once data is entered
i need to use a bar code reader (this is just a high speed keyboard) i click the button then it types the bar code data in the current cell once that is done i need to automaticaly "drop down" to the cell below to continue with the next bar code reading i tried to get a macro to do this "drop down a cell"problem is i cant get a macro to run until i exit the active cell therfore i am stuck in a loop any ideas Hi John, Do you have a <cr> at the end of the data? -- John johnf 202 at hotmail dot com "john iles" <john.iles@rockwell.com> wrote in mess...

Using Sharepoint 2010 for data storage but still running full Access client with vba and normal forms
Some time ago, Albert Kallah wrote that with Access 2010 it was possible to store access 2010 data on Sharepoint 2010 but still run the Access client in windows much as a "normal" access client, accessing the data on Sharepoint 2010. "Well, the rich VBA application can sit on your desktop, but the data sits on SharePoint. You can also have the application sit on SharePoint and a copy gets pulled down sure local machine when you click on and on the SharePoint site, you'll need access installed for this to occur. So, in this case we much talking about a 100% VBA ...

Why not use this as a lock object in lock
Hello! According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance can be accessed publicly. Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this as the lock object like this. lock(this) { } //Tony On 2010-06-20 17:09, Tony Johansson wrote: > According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance > can be accessed publicly. > Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this > as the lock object like this. > lock(this) > { > > } > http://haacked.com/ar...

Create Report with Unrelated data
I am new to access and have two tables that I would like to put on a report. These tables are completely unrelated (no relationship). Is this possible or can you only add data to a report from one table or related tables? THanks. Completely Confused One approach would be to use a main report bound to Table1, and a subreport bound to Table2. This would give you the Table1 records, followed by the Table2 records. If you actually want to merge the 2 sets of records, presumably the fields are the same, so you could use a UNION query as the source for the report. Access can't show UNIO...

Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?
or can I define one ? I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use right click menu every time Regards, Sirritys Ctrl+V -- Arvi Laanemets ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee ) "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154506998.485777.116140@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > or can I define one ? > > I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use > right click menu every time > > Regards, > Sirritys > It is quite easy to define a...

address data base in which I can choose which to use for mailing
I want to set up an address data base in Excel. They would be a combination of personal and business addresses. I want to be able to separate them for the purpose of printing mailing labels. I am new to Office, could someone suggest a template or solution ? Thank you. Open a new workbook. In Sheet1 you will enter your titles across the row in individual cells. LastName FirstName Address City State Zip (and whatever else you wish) Last column title it Type Now assuming John Doe has two addresses...one personal and one business. Row 2 enter Doe John 123 main st. Albany NY ...

Using TransferSpreadsheet Macro to import a single sheet from exce
I have an excel workbook with multiple sheets of data. I am trying to use a TransferSpreadsheet Macro to import 2 individual sheets to seperate tables in access. (I have a seperate Macro for each sheet) What is the correct "format" to identify the individual sheet in the Path? As an example the file path is: C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Monthly reporting\Monthy Reports for Access Import.xls One of the sheets is labled "Financial Data" - How do I add this to the end of the path so it imports this sheet? The error I get is "not a valid pa...

additional functionality needed using IMAPI2 (burning CD/DVD)
Hello, I have found some VBS code that uses IMAPI2 to write data on CD/DVD. This works well, but I would need to add additional functionality such as : -write speed (for example : determine max. possible speed, set write speed) -error checking (for example : detect "no disk inserted"...) -device and media compatibility How could I add such things ? All what I have found so far are links to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366224.aspx but there is no sample code for VBS (at least, I haven't found some) Here is the code that I have: (http://www.aspfr...

Using Money On a Network
I read an online FAQ that said this is fine as long as it's only open on one PC at a time ... but for some reason we cannot get this to work. Here's our setup: - Money Installed on my Laptop and Husband's PC. - My Money file saved on my Laptop in a shared folder Why is it that my Husband cannot open this file from his PC? Suggestions? Tips? Pointer? Thanks so much! What version of Money? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.micro...

how to create a simple usb filter driver
Hi, Does anyone know how to create a simple usb filter driver, all it does is when it receives a specific DeviceIoControl command from my application it will send a RESET command to the usb port for a particular usb device so that it will effectively power cycle that device ? I am not too familiar with filter drivers, how do i create one and how to install it so that its filtering all usb devices ? elman <elmanlopez@gmail.com> wrote: > > Does anyone know how to create a simple usb filter driver, all it >does is when it receives a specific DeviceIoControl co...

Form Wizard Unable to create form
After navigating through create form wizard I get message saying wizard unable to create form. Can anyone help me with this . I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2003 Profesional. What EXACTLY does the error message say? How many fields are in the form's Record Source? The usual message is that Access can't create a form because there are too many fields, which means just that. The forms wizard is intended to help the casual user create a simple form. Complicated form with bunches and bunches of fields doesn't fall under this heading. These forms have to be created using ...

PRB to use CWnd::PrintClient for a hidden Dialog
hello, I want to print the client area of a hidden CDialog object, into the device context of an OnDraw method that is implemented into an ActiveX control. The goal I try to reach, is to have a picture respresenting the content of the Dialog, when I use my ActiveX control on a form, in design mode in Visual Studio C++. I have tried, to call the ShowWindow.(SW_SHOW), then call the WM_PAINT message and finally ShowWindow.(SW_HIDE), the picture is painted, but when I move the control on the form it flicker itself when the ActiveX control is other the "temporary" dialog. Here is my c...

Creating UserForms
Can anyone offer a bit of information on how to create a form that places data valuses in a certain cell. I have download cortexure samples programs and need help figuring them out. hi, Create a form with a text box(with id lable) and and command buton. in the text box property sheet, gve the text box the name txtInput1(or a name you will remember easily) code for the command button. sub CmdBut_click() dim rng as range set rng = Range("A1") rng = me.txtInput1 me.txtInput1.setfocus end sub with this code whatever you input into the text box will appear in cell A1. you can add...

Creating a Macro to calculate 10% off. 20 % and so on
Can someone please guide me on how to create a macro that can calculate 10% off on a Item. I know you can use Cntrl + F3 and ten select the Keys like ALT + F2 and so on. But after that I am really stuck what to do next. Please advice. I don't want to use Shift + F3. Thanks, ...

How do I create meating rooms in Exchange 2003.
Meeting rooms (resources) are just mailboxes, which require user accounts. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0CBF98-4165-4E0E-8249-63E250B1278E@microsoft.com... > Well yes, but there is another way that you dont have to use mailboxes, aparently you can make them as public folders or something....sorry I'm not sure... "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote: > Meeting rooms (resources) are just mailboxes, which require user accounts. > -...

Create macro to print current page
I need to create a macro to print just the current page of a document in Word 2007. I received the answer before, but unfortunately my normal.dot got messed up and now it is gone. Please help me The normal template for Word 2007 is normal.dotm Sub PrintPage() Application.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintCurrentPage End Sub http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://wor...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com #2
I'm running Exchange 2003 on server 2003 sp1 and im getting relaying errors from external domains. I can send to internal and external users ok, but if someone from an external domain (gmail.com, yahoo.com, etc) try to send me a message i get this error: Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain.com I checked my mx record and everything seems to be ok. ive been reading up on relaying, and from what i understand, i shouldnt have to enable relaying unless i want an external user in domain1 to send mail through my e...