Visio Error

I was working in Visio on a document and I accidently hit
my power switch (the one on the floor on the cord) and my
PC turned off.

When my machine rebooted and I tried to access the same
Visio file, a message tells me that I cannot access the
file because it is NOT a Visio file????

I tried renaming it, didn't help.   This is the second
time this happened to me and I can't understand why the
program is not recognizing the file.

It's very frustrating....does anyone have any answers to
this?

 - Sally
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Another option is to turn on "Autorecovery"
It will automatically save a backup version of the Visio file every few
minutes for such situations.
Turn it on via Tools \ Options \ Save

--
-ronnie
[MS]

"Doug Meil" <dmeil@navis.com> wrote in message

> This happened to me one time.  I seem to remember that a
> temp file was created by Visio in the same directory as
> my file.  Blow away the temp file, and your original file
> will open successfully.  This one took me a while to
> figure out.
>
> ~dm

0
asdf5464 (91)

Error number: 5
This may not be the best place for this, but here goes: I have several remote users on Exchange 2003 Standard using Outlook 2003, with RPC-over-HTTP. Since there's no "pretty" way to have them change their passwords, every 60 days they are have to log into OWA to change their password there using the IISADMPWD application with IIS 6.0. That'd be great, but when they type out their user name, old password, new password, etc, they are presented with a less-than-explanatory "Error Number: 5." This error shows whether I actually try to fill it out, or if I s...

error message 06-19-04
Can anybody tell me why this message appear when I try to click command button on a start form and how to make it disappear? AIRPEX is the name of the startup form. "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error:A problem occured while AIRPEX was communicating with OLE server or ActiveX Control. *The expression may not result in the name of a macro,the name of a user-defined function,or [Event Procedure]. *There may have been an error evaluating the function,event or macro." Any help will be appreciated. http://support.microso...

Recurrent error when compacting mdb
Hi group ! I have to big backend mdb files that I compact on a daily basis from the task scheduler. This has worked smoothly for months. Now (fro maybe 2 months), the process very often crashes with a "Could not find field 'Description'" error ! I know that this is some kind of database corruption, but every time I hit this error I reimport all the tables in a brand new database, and the error still raises one or two days later ! What might be causing this ? Please also note that I "suspect" that this arises only on the computer running the compact script. It i...

ERROR in publishing customization CRM's fields
Hi! i have installated MS CRM 1.2 and after this installation is succesfully, i try to customize into CRM one or more field. I create into Deployment manager (also just one) field and into CRM create the new field: after to save the new configuration object's form with the new field i try the publish this customization. Apparently, this operation completed succesfully (one messagge confirm this) but after restart IIS and i try to open the CRM's object connected a this new field that i created appears generic ERROR. In the event viewer i see this specific error: MSCRM Application...

how do you supress the "Number stored as text" error message
Is there a way to supress the feature that displays a green triangle in the upper left corner of a cell when you store numbers as text? I frequently WANT to store numbers as text, and I'd like to make those triangles disappear. Thanks in advance, Paul Hi, go to Menu, Options, error checking tab, uncheck "number stored as text". jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to supress the feature that displays a green triangle in the >upper left corner of a cell when you store numbers as text? I frequently >WANT to store numbers as text, and I'd like...

Error code 80040204 event on CRM server caused by workflow
errors seem to be caused by rules owned by CRM users with Admin rights and invoked by them. What account should run the workflow services? Manual run of these automatic rules seems to work. Hey Steve, I have the same problem, and Look at this blog: http://blog.customereffective.com/blog/2008/03/automatic-workf.html This resolved my problem. "Steve" wrote: > errors seem to be caused by rules owned by CRM users with Admin rights and > invoked by them. What account should run the workflow services? > Manual run of these automatic rules seems to work. ...

Run-time error '380' Invalid property value.
I am using an Excel 2003 VBA UserForm to enter data onto a worksheet. On the UserForm I have a Navigation bar to navigate through the records held on the worksheet to view them on the form; i.e. First, Next, Previous and Last. The navigation bar successfully locates each record and the code I use to gather the data from the worksheet to display on the UserForm also works successfully, see below ‘Sub FillInData()’ The Navigation bar also has a button to enable me to save a new record onto the Worksheet and then sort the records into the required sequence. As soon as a n...

Error by creating a serial letter
Hallo, a serial letter can not create rightfully. During the transfer of data to the recipient list, the relevant data columns are mapped incorrectly. The Files was mapped into one column. Anyone know that problem and can help me? Thanks in advance ...

Unwanted Link Msgs & Errors
SInce I started Excel 2003, every time I open a workbook I get either a link update message immediately or I get a blinking title bar, which I now know means Excel has a link update message to give me. The message is something like: "This workbook contains links to other data sources. If you want to update . . ., etc" I'm running the same 30 or so workbooks (all linked together) that I've been using for about a year, and I NEVER got one of those messages from my previous version of Excel. When I go to the Links window, I see they have a nice box to check if I want the link...

CRM Error 09-15-04
Whenever I try adding a new schema field using the CRM deployment manager, I get an error. I would love to give more information about the error, but the event log, and the link in the event log to a web page tell me NOTHING about it. I am quite frustrated over this. And obviously any idea as to the cause of this would be helpful and appreciated. Try giving us the actual error message. Your post tells us NOTHING. >-----Original Message----- >Whenever I try adding a new schema field using the CRM >deployment manager, I get an error. > >I would love to give more informa...

Avoiding a #n/a error
Hi I have a VLOOKUP in calculation =VLOOKUP(D14,'[Week 2.xls]Daily Lines'! $A$4:$Y$18,23,0)/1000. Basically When looking up the value in D14 if it is not in the [Week 2.xls]Daily Lines' sheet I am getting the #n/a error. Basically I would like to return a zero or blank if d14 is not in the table array. Can you please help. I am subtotalling data so the #n/a error knocks things out straight away. Thanks Brian Try it like this: =3DIF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D14,'[Week 2.xls]Daily Lines'!$A$4:$Y$18,23,0)), 0,VLOOKUP(D14,'[Week 2.xls]Daily Lines'!$A$4:$Y$18,23,0)/1000) Wil...

MSExchangeFBPublish error code 8197
The above error code is received on one of my E2K server and from looking at the KB it appears that the messaging subsytem is looking at a particular GC to get its free/busy polling. The registry is HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\ExchangeAdmin<server name><GUID>. In the profiles reg it appears to have a static server as the lookup GC. My question is then can this server entry be renamed to another GC? Any help is appreciated. What's the error code in event id 8197? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange...

Object variable or With Block error
I am trying to help someone trouble shoot their program and have not been able to figure out the problem. Following is the offending code: dbs.Execute "UPDATE (tblStudents INNER JOIN [Inmate schedule] ON" _ & " tblStudents.DOCNumber = [Inmate schedule].DOCNumber) INNER JOIN" _ & " (tblStudentHistory INNER JOIN tblPrgrmCode ON" _ & " tblStudentHistory.PrgmCode = tblPrgrmCode.PrgrmCode) ON" _ & " tblStudents.DOCNumber = tblStudentHistory.DOCNumber SET [Inmate schedule].Active = 'Y'" _ & " WHERE (((tblStudentHis...

Outlook Express DirectDB.dll Error
Help... I keep getting this error: >>>MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.DLL at 0167:019e6bb1. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=019e6bb1 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=02bff924 SS=016f ESP=02bff8f4 EBP=02bff938 ECX=02bff924 DS=016f ESI=01a094d4 FS=12c7 EDX=bffc9490 ES=016f EDI=01a094d4 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 83 78 60 00 75 07 8b ce e8 d9 e4 ff ff ff 76 0c Stack dump: 800c0131 01a08450 019eb671 01a094d4 02bff924 008c13ac 00000005 00000000 7ffb0000 00000000 00000002 00000160 0000017c 00000000 0047ea00 00000000 <<< I have deleted email thinking maybe I had to m...

Error 1173 MSExchangeIS --Please help
Hi, I have gotten an error: EventID:1173, Source MSExchangeIS Mailbox. It says error 0x6bb deleting unused restricted view from folder. Is this problem serious? I have gotten these in the past but they went away for awhile. Does this indicate the beginning of database corruption? I appreciate any help... John Kavanagh This probably is not an error, but warning or information, right? Reduce logging level on MSExchangeIS Private. John Kavanagh wrote: > Hi, > > I have gotten an error: EventID:1173, Source MSExchangeIS > Mailbox. It says error 0x6bb deleting unused res...

Errors when attaching documents to an email in MSCRM 3 > 5MB
Errors when attaching documents to an email in MSCRM 3 greater than 5 MB. Error: the attachment is either not a valid type or too large. Do you want to send the email? if you click yes, the email will be sent out but no corresponding activity will be created in MSCRM. the error only occurs with PDF's\word documents over 5mb Zip files over 5mb are fine - PDF's\word documents under 5mb are fine! happens on all machine using MSCRM web client The maximum allowable size of an attachment is stored as a regkey on the CRM Server. It can be found at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\maxup...

Getting 5.6.1 rejected by remote host errors when routing out via connector
Hi, We have an SMTP connector (using a Smarthost, not DNS) in our Exchange 2003 org that will route out mail that it does not find a recipient for for a certain domain in Recipient Policy. Let's call it: domain.com So if no one in our Active Directory has the email address someone@domain.com it will route that mail out via this connector directly to an Exim mail server that currently hosts the rest of the mailboxes (We are in a migration stage, getting the Exim users over to Exchange 2003). It is running Exim 4.43 (that's what it says when I telnet to it). Not all mail is getting t...

Please Help with Windows Defender Error
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have read so many documents and tried so many things that do not work. When I turn on my computer I get this error message about windows defender. Error Code 0x800106ba Application failed to initialize.... I found this article "Article ID: 931849 - Last Review: May 4, 2010 - Revision: 3.0" . I tried everything and nothing worked. I got to the last option, #4 and this file wuaueng.dll was not succefull in running. Here is what the last option # 4 says to do. If this issue is not resolved after you complete step 3, follow this step:...

Error message on closing Outlook #2
I am getting the following error message when closing Outlook: The instruction at "0x77f83907" referenced memory at "0x009a4d4c". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program I have tried the Microsft Online help but it wouldn't accept my product number so I wondered if anyone else had encountered such an error. I would like to know what it's doing! cheers ...

Compile Error in Excel 2004 when Inputbox contains "VBCRLF"
InputBox "First Line" & vbCrLf & "Secondline" 'No Error appears Action_Id = InputBox "First Line" & vbCrLf & "Secondline" "Compliet Error Expected End Of Statement. Can anyone give me a work around for this isssue? Respectfully, Darin Duphorn Hi, The function requires brackets when the returned value is being assigned. Action_Id = InputBox("First Line" & vbCrLf & "Secondline") Cheers Andy QTP Professional wrote: > InputBox "First Line" & vbCrLf & "Secondline"...

How do I change Hyperlinks in Visio 2007
I can only options to add new ones Hyperlinks are stored in the shapesheet, so that you can edit them there. al "Niel" wrote: > I can only options to add new ones ...

Two adm groups. Error c1041721. All the sore up and running
Hi, I have two administrative groups with 4 E2K in each group. The problem is I can reach all the servers in one administrative group, but no one in the other When I intent to see de storage group I receive a c1041721 error. All the IS are up and running Pls I need a little help -- Gabriel N Argentina ...

Outlook aborts with application error, memory fault
Having a problem with Outlook 2000 aborting with the following error message: "Outlook.exe application error, the instruction at "0x3F99A142" referenced memory at "0x00000000", memory could not be "read". OK to terminate, CANCEL to debug." This happens a few minutes after I open Outlook, regardless of which component I'm using (calendar, contacts, etc). This also happens even if I close the Outlook application. Outlook.exe, the process, is hanging around in the Task Manager, even after the Outlook application has been closed. This has been...

Runtime error 424
Hi, I have recently installed Dynamics RMS on a FEC Gladius using a serial Javelin JP88 printer and a generic unbranded cash draw. When using the Javelin OPOS driver when the POS does a force logout after each transaction I get the error Runtime 424. If I disable to cash draw this goes away. To fix this i use the Epson TM-T88III OPOS driver and the error goes away. Has anyone else had this issue and what did you do to correct it. At the moment I am happy as the Epson driver works fine but would be interested in any other work arounds? ...

virtual basic error
Every time I close Outlook 2003, I get the following error message: The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros. This is under a heading of "Microsoft Visual Basic." This happens every time I close Outlook, though Outlook seems to function perfectly otherwise. What can i do to stop this message from popping up? ...