Visio 2010 SDK - Solution Publishing

I downloaded the VIsio 2010 SDK so I could update some published Stencils and
Templates for Visio 2010....  I previously had them published under 2007, so
I'm famaliar with the tools...   I've got two problems with the new Solution
Publishing tool...

 First:  If I choose to publish the Stencil or Template using the "2003 or
later" checkbox (under Stencil Information or Template Information dialog
boxes, respectivly)...  Neither the Stencils or Templates show up in Visio
2010.  However, if I choose "Visio 2010 only" as the option, then the stencil
or template is then available in Visio 2010...  I'm fine with selecting the
2010 only optiion, as I don't expect to need to update the stencils to work
with previous versions in the future, except....

Second: I've got about a dozen stecil groups, and half dozen Templates to
publish... Within the Solution Publishing Tool, in the Template / Stencil
Info window, if I check the "Visio 2010 Only" option on any of the items to
publish then I cannot check it on subsequent items.

To reproduce the issue:
I open my MSI with the stencils and templates I want to publish...  Double
click the first item in the list (or right click and choose Edit Row, doesn't
matter)...   I uncheck "Visio 2003 or later" for the first item, the "Visio
2007 only" and "Visio 2010 only" checkboxes become available.  I select
"Visio 2010 only" and then fill in the appropriate menu path and Click OK.
Then when I open the next item to publish, and uncheck "Visio 2003 or later",
neither the 2007 or 2010 checkboxes are available (they are greyed out and
cannot be checked).  From that point, I can never get the 2007 or 2010
checkboxes to be active for any item in the list.  Changing the LCID, Visio
edition, does not appear to have an effect on the problem.

I'm running the Solution Publishing Tool on Win7 Enterprise...  I've tried
running both with and without Administrative rights and there's no difference
in the behaviour.  I am not publishing any Add-ons or Help Files with the Sol
Pub Tool, only stencils and templates.

Can someone push this up to the Visio team to see if they can fix the tool?
Also, can someone point me to the proper documentation for the updated
ComponentID's for Visio 2010 for the PublishComponent table?  I can't seem to
find the updated info for Visio 2010 on the net or within the docs that came
with the Visio SDK.

Thanks.
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

SDK bug
QuoteDetail.update If priceperunit=0 an "incorrect parameter" error is returned, but the quotedetail is created regardless. This causes a server error when viewing the quote. There is a hotfix you an get from support that will allow PricePerUnit = 0. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 08:45:08 -0800, "Nick Doyle" <nick.doyle@synalis.de> wrote: QuoteDetail.update If priceperunit=0 an "incorrect parameter" error is returned, but the quotedetail is created re...

How to remove unprotected servers from DPM 2010
In DPM 2007, to remove an unprotected computer that no longer existed you just ran the task to uninstall the agent from that computer. The uninstall would fail (since the computer was not online) and you were given the option to delete the computer from DPM. In DPM 2010, the uninstall fails like in 2007, but then you are NOT given that same option to delete the computer from DPM. Is there a power shell command or script to remove these de-commisioned computers from DPM? If you are using Post beta builds you can run Remove-Productionserver.ps1 to remove the agent fr...

Excel 2010 to be able to embed like Google Apps?
I am using Google Apps, but with Office making a move to web apps I want to start using it when its released. With Google apps, I am able to use your spreadsheet app, then publish it as an public HTML file. When I want to update that HMTL file, I open the related spreadsheet and update it. I click save and the public HTML file is updated within a few min. Will Excel 2010 do that? I assume something like that will be ready on SharePoint 2010, but how about Skydrive? ...

When is Microsoft coming out with updated version of Publisher?
I've been using Pubisher since 1997 and it's great...but now it's almost FOUR years old with no no version! More graphics, more WordArt options, that would be nice. When are we going to see a Publisher 2006-7?????? There is a new version of Office being beta tested now with an approximate release date of Spring 2007. (No clue about the amount of clipart or WordArt. Sorry) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Nancy O'Brien" <Nancy O'Brien@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005128ED-EF3D-4ADA-B02D-B5EB6790BFC0@microsoft.com.....

The dreaded 'Publisher cannot open files from a different version'
I have two .PUB files that won't open in Publisher 2000 SP-3 for Windows 2K. Using Notepad, I searched the files' raw coding and found that they were created in "Publisher 3.0". Is that 95 or 97? Anyway, nothing I do can make Publisher 2K open these files. The other threads suggest turning off Norton AntiVirus. My machine has the Symantec corporate version and I don't have Admin rights to turn it off. Any suggestions would be great. Version 3 is Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95. If you really want them opened, send them to me and I will convert them to 2000. gsau...

publisher 2003 text wrapping
I just installed Publisher 2003 and cannot find the text wrapping tool in the format-layout tab. What's wrong? ...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

How do I import a publisher calendar into another publisher file?
I have a monthly calendar created in a Publisher file separate from an eight page Publisher monthly document. I want to include the calendar in the 8 page newsletter. How do I do it? John2044 Copy and paste ...

solution: how to sum/add a column pasted from internet
Numbers pasted from online bank statements often have a space character in front of the number values -- as though someone had hit the space bar in each cell before typing the number. You have to get rid of the spaces. You can either manually delete each extra space at the front of the number, or, paste the numbers into Word, and do a Find & Replace All for the space, so that all the spaces are removed (a function I couldn't find in Excel). Once the spaces are gone, your problem should be solved. Did you try the TRIM Function to get rid of leading and trailing spaces? =TRIM(A1) wil...

Updating Visio Chart
Hi all, I have created an organisation chart in Visio using an Excel list. Its has all come out well, I have had to move a few of the shapes to better fit on the page. Given that my list will change, i.e. vacancies will get filled, how do I update the organisation chart. Do I just run the wizard again? Will it changes the things I have moved? Many thanks Dell O There is no provision for updating an existing Organization Chart generated by the wizard. If you run the wizard a second time it will create a new chart. -- Mike Mueller WinFX SDK Team This posting is provided "AS...

ink eraser in visio
Hi all, There's some inking tools in visio. But the drawback of it is that the eraser erases the ink in a set of strokes. Is there a method to erase ink bit by bit (erasing by pixels instead of strokes)? Regards, KengYuen Sorry, no. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Keng Yuen Lok" <kylok@idealsoft.com.sg> wrote in message news:O4%236ODkbEHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > There's some inking tools in visio. But the drawback of it is that the > eraser ...

Problem of viewing the text in Visio 2003
hi all, I've a visio 2003 doc with most of the texts in font size of 6pt or 5pt. I setup to 150% zoom to view it. It has no viewing problem so far. However, when I open up the doc today, all the texts are displayed like a rectangular block. I can't see each character at all. Only the text in 10pt or higher can be display correctly. Or if I increase the zoom to 300%, then I can see the texts. And I found that all of my docs have the same display problem. Can anyone help? Many thx. With me it works. Has the font changed, or the display settings in the control panel ? Changing ...

insserting formatted word files into publisher
i'm using office 2003 and i'm making a book. i have fully formatted pages, each an individual file, saved in word. they have drop caps, specific margins, headings, etc. when i try to insert a text file by first creating a text box the full page size, the file i import comes over completely wrong. if i don't first make a text box the insert file choice is grayed out. i have 150 pages that need precision. i hope you can help. thanks. You will be far better off leaving your project in Word. You will not be able to maintain the formatting. Publisher does not support headers or ...

Missing Data Connection Library Type Sharepoint 2010
Here is a strange one for the braintrust. I have a new install of SP2010. It is a farm setup so I have separate web and DB servers. All are running Win2k8 Standard 64bit. All seems to be working just fine, except I can't create a Data Connection Library. When I go to do so, that type is missing. Can't seem to figure out why. Am I missing something? As this seem to be SharePoint related query, can you please post it on SharePoint Related newsgroups/forums for quicker response and turn-around? Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS&q...

SDK customize the CRMOpportunityRetrieve

LOL @ Publisher Viewer
As many times as I've seen requests about a publisher viewer, it would seem a good request to Microsoft to put on the Publisher packaging that there is no viewer available. At least every purchaser of Publiser would know immediately. Microsoft could even suggest that the purchaser buy an additional Publisher package for anyone he might want to send Publisher files to. Hmmmm--seems like a good marketing tool to me. Can I have a nickel for every time that has been asked here? Jason I've used the HotSend program to email pub files (and other files like invoices from work to cl...

publisher 2000 photo editing
I have a bmp file inserted in to a Publisher 2000 document. I want to lighten the entire photo so it is just a background with words on the top of it. I can't find any contrast or watermark or anything like that in my software. Everything changes it to a lighter shade of just one color. I want to keep all the colors, just make the entire image really light. Did you try using a photo editor first? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "stitchesbymindy" <stitchesbymindy@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

How do I use a Publisher letterhead template that I created
I just created some letterhead using Publisher and have saved it in my C drive. I now want to use this template to write some letters. How do I do this? What version Publisher? Did you save it as a template? In 2000, File, new, when the catalog opens, click templates on the bottom of the page. In 2003, file, new, expand templates, click My Templates. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "GuatemalaPete" <GuatemalaPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCAF09C4-B7E1-4FF9-919C-2E99A40551E9@micr...

Can not paste in Publisher if IE browser is open
If we copy an image from the Internet, Publisher will not allow you to paste it into your document until you close the browser. Happens in Win 2K and Win XP, IE 6 & IE 7, using Publisher 2003. We get the following error: "The clipboard is busy. Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other programs and try again." Once we close the browser we can paste with no problem. We can also paste into Word with the browser still open. Any idea why this is happening? -- Kirs...

Embedded Visio (and other) objects in ppt, but app not available?
I've embedded Excel/Word/Visio objects in my powerpoint slide deck. This allows me to doctor the content using the source applications without creating separate external files for those objects. However, there is no guarantee that the venue at which I present the powerpoint slides will have the apps (Excel, Word, Visio). Mind you, they are likely to have Excel and Word, but not so much Visio. I remember running into similar snafu in the past, but I don't recall exactly what the limitation was when the Visio app is not present. I am also having difficulty finding a computer ...

Publishing Reports in 3.0
Just wondering if anyone has successfully added a new report in 3.0. I'm following the SDK steps but when I click "Save" (to save the new report) I get an erro (below). Any ideas on what I'm doing incorrectly. btw ... what's the beta newsgroup (microsoft.crm.beta?). We got access to the TAP3 group but there's no postings???? Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originat...

CRM SDK logging?
Is there a logging feature in the SDK? For example, to see exactly which APIs are getting called by whom etc. I understand even their UI is using the same SDK - although it doesn't seem to use Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll like us but rather Microsoft.CRM.COMProxy.dll - am I correct? In any case, it'd be very helpful if there was a way to see that kind of info. If anyone can share any info on the subject, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks ...

Post Card Mail Merge in Publisher
I am trying to mail merge the 4 view postcard with my database flowing into each card without using the same name in each postcard. How do I connect the Mail merge so that I may print my entire data base? Sherri how about you tell us which version of Windows and Publisher you are using!!! -- ...

Can't paste into publisher from outside program?
Good morning! I've been having difficulty accessing pages here and don't have much more time. Thank you for your patience if this has been answered. I can't copy text from my ASCII text developer program and paste it into publisher 2007. It copies to the windows clipboard, it pastes into Word and other programs, but publisher doesn't recognize it. Is this a setting somewhere I can change? Thankyou VERY much for your help. Have you tried *paste special*? Maybe pasting into WordPad, then Publisher will work. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lauraparis" &...

Using old templates from Publisher 97
Hi, A few years ago I used Publisher 97 and created a Raffle Ticket and also an event ticket using Mail Merge to automatically number the tickets from an Excel Document I made. Now I have Publisher 2002 on my computer and it seems to be so much more professional and doesn't have many of the templates that I used to use in "Specialty Items", such as, Bookmarks, Gift Tags, Door Hanger, Raffle Ticket, etc. I was wondering if it is possible to get these templates in my new Publisher 2002, if not, is it possible to have both versions on my computer so I can use the specialty...