VISIO 2007 -Text direction

can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under
tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text
direction command does not work.
0
kgbrat (1)
9/19/2008 3:34:08 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under
> tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change
> text
> direction command does not work.

You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and grab
the rotation handle.

Or open the Shapesheet. Insert a Text Transform section if one does not
exist. Then set the TxtAngle.

John... Visio MVP

0
lancucki (505)

Ease of visibility of the Ribbon in Word 2007 and Excel 2007
As installed the colour intensity of the Ribbon in Word and Excel 2007 is very faint and it is not particularly easy to read. Is there some means of increasing the colour intensity to make it easier to read? I have fairly good sight but still have difficulty. Unless the colour intensity can be adjusted it must be virtually impossible for people with poor sight to read the details on the Ribbon. Try this (not sure if you will have this on your computer but it is worth a try):- Control Panel / Ease of Access / Ease of Access Center There are a number of options in here ...

Trial Office 2007 Professional
I am really not computer savvy but I can follow instructions. I am attempted to download trial Office Professional 2007 on a New Microsoft 7 system. I am getting the error message "Outlook 2007 with contact manager can not be installed until Outlook 2007 is installed, please insert CD1" I do not have a CD, I am trying to download from Microsoft. What can I do? "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB0ADCF-870A-46FE-AD75-CB977ECC67B6@microsoft.com... > I am really not computer savvy but I can follow instructions. > I am att...

Exchange 2007 public folders....
I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during installation. I think by doing this, the default public folder store is not created. I manually created a new pf store via the gui, then used powershell to create a new public folder. however outlook (2007 beta2) does not see the public folder hierarchy. is there something im missing? On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:17:26 -0400, "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote: >I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during >installation. I think by doing this, the default public fold...

Data labels for Excel 2007 Charts
Hi, I have charts that are based on dynamically populated data. I need the data labels for all of these charts to appear with 0 decimal places. The dynamic data populates with 2 decimal places (X.XX). Is there a universal setting I can apply to the worksheet or even the chart itself, so I do not have to go to each data point/data label and set the formatting to 0 decimal places? Thanks, Courtney ...

Excel 2007 compatibility checker message
I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2003. I open it in Excel 2007 and Save As without making any changes. I get a compatibility error: "Some formulas in this workbook are linked to other workbooks that are closed." It does not have a "find" link. How do I find these formulas? Thanks. JerryK You could use Edit Links on the Data tab to see what the names of the linked workbooks are and then do a Find on them. If that doesn't work you might try Bill Manville's Find Link utility although I don't know how it works with Excel 2007: http://www.oaltd.co.u...

can anyone recomend a credit card that supports direct statements
I'm looking for people to post credit card companies they've used which support direct statements. As of now, I know of only one (thanks to Chris Cowles' post in this forum earlier which I've confirmed with a phone call to Bank One) "...I use BankOne for a Visa card (formerly FirstUSA) because they support direct statement downloads... -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL" So here's the list: Credit Card companies support direct statements: 1) Bank One 2) ??? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, rk wrote: >I'm looking for people to post credit card co...

Update from Money 2007 Premium
I currently use Money 2007 Premium. I plan on installing Money Plus Deluxe. They look to be pretty much the same. Will anything be lost going from 2007 Premium to Plus Deluxe? Thanks, Bob K The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) "Bob K" <BobK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C34A6-F03E-49AC-8B54-BAFF63BC538A@microsoft.com... > Will anything be lost going from 2007 > Premium to Plus Deluxe? "Dick Watson" wrote: > The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) > > "Bob K" <BobK@discus...

how to use 2007 styles in Word 2003
hi everyone, we have Word 2003 but we really like the Styles that come with Word 2007. Is it possible to export these Styles and use it in Word 2003? And if yes, how can i do that. In Word 2007, click the Home tab of the ribbon. In the Styles group, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. To make this choice the default, click Change Styles again, and then click Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save the changes to your template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "skoub" <skoub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Group / ungroup Publisher 2007
I am trying to group 2 pictures in a text box using Publisher 2007 and Vista. The select / unselect items in the Arrange menu are greyed out. I believe I should be able to use the select tool to draw a box around the items but nothing happens when I click on it. any thoughts please Do you have a border on your page? Are you certain you are selecting all the objects? What happens if you do CTRL+A with your cursor outside the text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ancre15" <ancre15@discussions.micro...

Excel 2007 macro compatability
I have created a macro in Excel 2007 that includes importing a text file. It works fine on my PC, but fails on a co-workers PC running Excel 2000. The failure points to the "TextFile Platform" command in the macro. I have tried several (437, 1252, 20127), but get the same results. Any solution? Thanks you. Have you try xlWindows -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Al @ Frontier" <Al @ Frontier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F601F80-F099-42C8-AA18-6D31A85946F9@microsoft.com... >I have cr...

Installing Office 2007 on new laptop
I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 day free trial of Office 2007. After the disk has been installed and I click on the icon to open the program I get an error message that says something like "You are unable to sign in because the server is unavailable". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and get the same result. This was a disk purchased as a student/instructor disk and has never been used before. On 3/21/2010 11:28 AM, Linda wrote: > I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 ...

Visio 2003 Organizational Chart 2002 Compatibility
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C52B1D.54B10360 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have an organizational chart created in Visio 2003 Professional, and I = have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) in the 2002 file format. My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard user opens the file, the = pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 users expand and = collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I doing wrong here?=20 Thanks, Todd ------=_NextPart_000_0045_...

Replacing a disk in DPM 2007
The host on server 1 corrupts and can't be repaired or hard disk fails. Either way need to restore complete host Q)What do I need to get the server running again? Do I need to do a complete clean re-install? Does the agent need to be re-installed? If so is there additional configurations server side I need to do? ...

Microsoft Office Student 2007 activation issues
I have recently installed Windows 7 and have had to reinstall my microsoft office program. The installation went through correctly, no problems there. My problem is with activating it. I go through the activation and choose to convert to the full product right away as I have a product key for a full version. I put the product key in and accept it. I choose my options and then it goes to configuration. The configuration goes through correctly and then I get prompted to restart all microsoft office programs for the changes to go through. I do that and then it prompts me to activate...

Filters in 2007
Filters in 2007 are obnoxious. Everytime you want to drop down on a particular value of the filter, you have to through filter->type of filter --> value of drop down. In the earlier version of excel , one could do just drop down on the filter and that's it. Is there a simpler way to do this in 2007 ? ...

Outlook 2007 with multiple mailboxes
I have a secretary that my manager wants to be able to see his emails. I set her up with his and her own account. The problem is when she replys or forwards the email, we want it to come from her email not his. Outlook 2007 is too smart and changes accounts when she forwards account so it looks like the manager has replied when the secretary has done on his behalf. You set her up as a DELEGATE and it is doing what you told it to do. If you only wanted to give her permission to see his inbox and calendar you should have set the permissions on the folders directly, and not use the "D...

2007 to 2003 Formating issues
We are creating files in 2007, but have to save in 2003 because not all users have 2007. As a result, we are losing formating. It will wipe out colors, wrap text, make pivot tables just data etc. When we open 2003 we get the message "Too many different cell formats" any suggestions? Install the compatibility Pack on the 2003 PCs and stick with 2007 format Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 file formats http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101686761033.aspx Wayne wrote: > We are creating files in 2007, but ha...

Access 2000/2003 use in Access 2007
I work on several 2000/2003 Access apps- multi user, split, that all croaked when the switch to 2007 was made. Problems range from not opening, dead forms, to very slow but working. Are there known issues or settings such as enabling VB that I should know about?? Start with Allen Browne's list of changes/issues/new bugs: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html If you describe more specifice issues maybe someone here can help. Applying A2007 SP1 can help with some issues. "Lanceu" <ulich1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d1495612-4496-4a46-b94c-d16088e80a10@f47g2000hsd....

Money 2007 Premium Application Error
Hi, I started getting an application error while in Money and now can't get into it at all. I get error message unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x7813e792. I've uninstalled the application then reinstalled it using the CD an I get the error message. It occurs after entering my passowrd when the Home page is displayed. Any thoughts? -- John ...

How do I open internet explorer from outlook 2007?
Could someone please tell me how to open internet explorer from my Outlook 2007 application? rsaint113 wrote: > Could someone please tell me how to open internet explorer from my Outlook > 2007 application? You don't. Outlook is an e-mail client, not a web browser. If you want to load the web browser then do so, like using the desktop shortcut, the QuickLaunch shortcut, the the shortcut under the Start menu, or by running <path>iexplore.exe at a command line. ...

Stacked bar Chart in Excel 2007
How do you make a stacked bar chart vertical in Excel 2007? My chart is defaulting to a horizontal stacked bar chart. Thanks EM When you use Insert | Column Chart pick the stacked icon Not sure what you mean by 'default' in this case best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "ExcelMonkey" <ExcelMonkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFF1F0D4-3E97-4F81-BFDC-FDEF35789A78@microsoft.com... > How do you make a stacked bar chart vertical in Excel 2007? My chart is > defaulting to ...

Access 2007 Auto Format for forms
Dear All, my Access 2007 auto format for forms not working in access 2003 no graphic in form header are visible..is that comparability issue or there is any to do so?? -- Regards, Abdul Shakeel Abdul, Again... asked in later post... the database has to be 2007 format to use that function. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Abdul Shakeel" <AbdulShakeel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Outlook 2007 rules create sync conflicts
I am using Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007. I have folders under my inbox for each one of my clients or vendors companies. I then have about 40 rules that look at the sender's domain name and automatically moves the message to the correct folder when an email arrives. In addition rule also flags the email for follow-up. I then use a custom view to see emails flagged and use this to confirm if I have responded to all of my emails. However 90% of the time the rule causes a conflict betwee Outlook and Exchange. The flagged email is in the conflict folder and the original message is left...

Moving from 2000 to 2007
Hello, Could someone give me alittle advice. I have 300 users on Exchange 2000 and then we have another company where they have 50 users in a hosting enviroment running 2003. We are planning to implement 2007. But what is the best way to get all of this mail/calender exportede from the two systems and imported into 2007. I read on msexchangeteam.com that exmerge is not working with 2007, so what approach could i use then ? On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:10:07 -0800, rfalken <rfalken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Could someone give me alittle advice. I have 300 use...

Application.FileSearch 2007 Reference
I have the following code that works fine with Acess 2002 SP2. I run the same code useing Acess 2007 SP2 I get Run-time error 2455 "You entered an expression that hase an invalid reference to the property FileSearch". Both system set-ups have the same set of references. With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = sPath .FileName = sFile If .Execute() > 0 Then If MsgBox("Delete existing file " & sPath & sFile & "?", vbYesNo, "Dupilcate File Name") = vbYes Then ...