Visio 2003 Organizational Chart 2002 Compatibility

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C52B1D.54B10360

I have an organizational chart created in Visio 2003 Professional, and I =
have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) in the 2002 file format.

My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard user opens the file, the =
pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 users expand and =
collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I doing wrong here?=20

Thanks,

Todd
------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C52B1D.54B10360

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have an organizational chart created in Visio 2003 =

Professional, and I have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) in =
the 2002=20
file format.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard user =
opens the=20
file, the pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 users =
expand and=20
collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I doing wrong here?=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Todd</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C52B1D.54B10360--

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C52B3A.D2CE4C40

it's probably normal, the addin is a v2003 component
al
  "Todd Shillam" <tshillam@NO_SPAM.com> wrote in message =
  I have an organizational chart created in Visio 2003 Professional, and =
I have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) in the 2002 file =
format.

  My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard user opens the file, the =
pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 users expand and =
collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I doing wrong here?=20

  Thanks,

  Todd
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C52B3A.D2CE4C40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>it's probably normal, the addin is a =
v2003=20
component</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>al</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Todd Shillam" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:tshillam@NO_SPAM.com">tshillam@NO_SPAM.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:2IydnfQ_8IlMpKffRVn-2w@comcast.com">news:2IydnfQ_8IlMpKffRVn=
-2w@comcast.com</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have an organizational chart created in Visio =
2003=20
  Professional, and I have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) in =
the 2002=20
  file format.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard user =
opens the=20
  file, the pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 users =
expand and=20
  collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I doing wrong =
here?=20
  </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Todd</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C52B3A.D2CE4C40--

0
edlund1 (616)

------=_NextPart_000_0064_01C52B42.13373BF0

Correct, Visio 2002 cannot work with an Org Chart saved from Visio 2003. =
 Each version has its own Org Chart functionality that is specific to =
that version.

--=20
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.

  "Al Edlund" <edlund@ameritech.net> wrote in message =
  it's probably normal, the addin is a v2003 component
  al
    "Todd Shillam" <tshillam@NO_SPAM.com> wrote in message =
    I have an organizational chart created in Visio 2003 Professional, =
and I have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) in the 2002 file =
format.

    My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard user opens the file, =
the pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 users expand and =
collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I doing wrong here?=20

    Thanks,

    Todd
------=_NextPart_000_0064_01C52B42.13373BF0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Correct, Visio 2002 cannot work with an =
Org Chart=20
saved from Visio 2003.&nbsp; Each version has its own Org Chart =
functionality=20
that is specific to that version.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Mark Nelson<BR>Microsoft Corporation</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =

rights.<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Al Edlund" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:edlund@ameritech.net">edlund@ameritech.net</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:uPKnb02KFHA.656@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl">news:uPKnb02KFHA.656@T=
K2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>it's probably normal, the addin is a =
v2003=20
  component</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>al</FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    <DIV>"Todd Shillam" &lt;<A=20
    href=3D"mailto:tshillam@NO_SPAM.com">tshillam@NO_SPAM.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
    message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:2IydnfQ_8IlMpKffRVn-2w@comcast.com">news:2IydnfQ_8IlMpKffRVn=
-2w@comcast.com</A>...</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have an organizational chart created in Visio =
2003=20
    Professional, and I have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) =
in the=20
    2002 file format.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard =
user opens=20
    the file, the pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 =
users=20
    expand and collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I =
doing wrong=20
    here? </FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT =
size=3D2>Todd</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0064_01C52B42.13373BF0--

0
marknel (439)

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C52B8A.D176C430

Mark,

Thank you for your reply.

Todd
  "Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
[...]

<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Mark,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thank you for your reply.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Todd</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Mark Nelson [MS]" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:marknel@online.microsoft.com">marknel@online.microsoft.com=
</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:uJhz9U4KFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:uJhz9U4KFHA.508@T=
K2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Correct, Visio 2002 cannot work with =
an Org Chart=20
  saved from Visio 2003.&nbsp; Each version has its own Org Chart =
functionality=20
  that is specific to that version.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><BR>-- <BR>Mark Nelson<BR>Microsoft Corporation</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers =
no=20
[...]
Visio 2003=20
      Professional, and I have saved the chart (with synchronized pages) =
in the=20
      2002 file format.</FONT></DIV>
      <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV><FONT size=3D2>My problem is that when a Visio 2002 Standard =
user opens=20
      the file, the pages are no longer synchronized, nor can the 2002 =
users=20
      expand and collapse subordinates. Is this the norm, or what am I =
doing=20
      wrong here? </FONT></DIV>
      <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
      <DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV><FONT=20
size=3D2>Todd</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY><=
/HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C52B8A.D176C430--

Need help to read Pie Chart Series Range
Excel 2003, I have an existing Pie Chart and want to extract the Ranges (cells) used. My code below returns with a "Type mismatch" error. Sub GetPieChartSeries() Dim mySeries As Series ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate Set mySeries = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1) Debug.Print mySeries.XValues (errors here) Debug.Print mySeries.Values End Sub Thanks, - Pat ...

Monitoring Exchange 2003 #2
Hello, We are planning to implement MOM 2005. However, we are also concerned about implementing auditing for changes made within ESM. Will there be a tool that will allow management to know a change was completed by a specific UserID? When a mailbox store is dismounted - who dismounted it/date/time? When a change is made to the RUS - who made the change? Thank you, Exchange2003 MOM does not have the ability to monitor this in the shipped Management Pack. You can enable AD auditing on the domain controllers: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314955&sd=tech. ...

Outlook 2003 wont stop
I sill have the probs with OL 2003. It absolutely wont stop. If I start Outlook the first time then there is no problem. As I click the EXIT button Outlook closes but the Icon of Outlook remains in the Taskbar of Windows. Restaring OL is not possible. Killing Outlook via TaskManager wont help either. Please Help!! Benjamin Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin...

Exchange 2003
Hello I have a newly setup production exchange server (sp2). It is only serving a small subset of my organisation, about 15 users, using mydomain1.com. My active directory contains around 100 user accounts that do not have exchange mailboxes and they use our old pop3 based system and have a seperate email domain name, mydomain2.com. It would appear that whenever someone with an exchange mailbox (mydomain1.com) sends mail to people with an email address listed elsewhere in the active directory (mydomain2.com) it gets stuck in the local exchnage delivery queue rather than forwarding i...

Exporting emails from Outlook 2003 #2
I have a folder that contains over 500 threads on technical matters on a subject. I have tried to use Export to Exel but this does not transfere all the information over including not giving all the text in the body of the email. A similar problem is saving an email to a folder outside outlook it doesn't show the date so you may have a huge list of items all titled but not dated in the title Please can anybody help? Hi stevtb why do you want to export the emails. What is the target/reson to export the emails? -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Vista Ready): Publi...

Entourage 2004 and Exchange 2003 Cluster
Hello, I have an Active Passive Exchange 2003 SP2 cluster Exch1 and Exch2. When I set it to Exch 1 our one MAC user running Entourage 2004 is unable to connect. Does anyone know what setting to check on the Exchange server? Thanks, DOTT ...

I want to buy the best book of office 2003
Hi. I want to buy the best book of office 2003, what is the name of it? Marco Hi, Marco. > I want to buy the best book of office 2003, what is the name of it? "The Best Book of Office 2003." (Just kidding!) "Best" is subjective. Check out former Access MVP Jeff Conrad's lists of recommended books and find the ones for Access 2003, then go to your bookstore and look at each one to see if it's "for you" -- and your learning style. http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html#Books Notice that these books are all Access databas...

Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2003 and Czech characters
We are using the following configuration: - Windows XP English - Outlook 2003 English + MUI for French, Spanish, Italian, German - Exchange 5.5. We encounter some problem with Czech characters. When contacts are stored in the mailbox in Exchange 5.5, some czech characters are replaced in contact name, company, .... When we stored the same contact in a pst file, evrything works fine. The characters are not replaced. Have somebody an idea or a solution for me? ...

Problems with Outlook 2003
This only happens with externally sent messages. Internal messages work fine. One of my users alerted me to this issue, so I tested this myself. I created 2 messages (internal and external) and added delayed delivery to both. They were both set to go out at the same time. The internal message went, and the external message is still in the outbox. The user who alerted me to this found her message went "before" the scheduled time.We are not running in cached mode and of course running Outlook on Exchange. Is this a bug? ...

Using Word 2003 in Vista: Opening dictionary shuts down Word
This is a problem in Vista; it did not occur when I used Word 2003 in XP. Whenever I try to open the dictionary in Word 2003, either by clicking its icon, or hitting Alt+click over a word, Word shuts down. Vista Business, Service Pack 2 Thinkpad T400, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3GB RAM ...

Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 error
This is only happening with one of our users, and I am trying to figure out if it is with there Outlook 2003 Client or if it is with our Exchange 2003 server. I have read other posts about this however I could not tell if the error was with one or all of the clients. Also they seemed to indicate it was for outside there domain, ours is happening for both outside and inside when a mail is sent to a user on the same server and domain. They have not received the error (to my knowledge) from OWA. Error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject...

Migrating from Exch 2000 to 2003
We're in the middle of migrating thousands of users from Exchange 2000 to 2003. Our 2000 users are experiencing a problem where anytime they are sent an e-mail from a 2003 user, they receive the e-mail as an attachment rather than a regular readable e-mail. They have to open the attachment to read it. We also are going through a Trend Viruswall server for virus cleaning, and have a Netscape mail server in the mix as well. Has anyone seen this? ...

Outlook 2003 does not sync properly when connected.
When connected thru a Windows 2000 Server to the internet, and using VPN to connect to an Exchange Server running on Windows 2000 Small Busness Server, I get the following error. "(0x8004011D) The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I am able to connect it I dial into the internet and use VPN to connect to the internet. ...

memory problem of Excel 2003 copy & paste
Hi all, I am using Excel 2003 for some project. I am having 2GB C drive harddisk space. After a while, the Excel begins to be extremely slow in copy and paste... It takes about half an hour to copy and paste just a few cells... I've consulted people. It seems a memory problem. But I cannot close my windows and kill the processes, because I am running long-running (overnight) jobs... I cannot reboot either. Is there a way to clean the memory and let Excel 2003 clipboard function properly without rebooting or killing my 4 long-running processes? Thanks! p.s. I am sure this is an is...

2003 OL with contact manager
Hi I would like to in-port Quick Books data , namely customers and vendors, and other names into OL contact manager.... can anyone tell me what QB files they are and what each is? Thanks David Have you tried Intuit support? Outlook would have no way of knowing what export types QuickBooks uses. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RDavid asked: | Hi ...

How do I link a shape on a organ chart to another org chart page
If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page with names in shapes of people reporting to C on page 1. How can I click on Shape C on first page and bring up the second page showing the employees who work under him C -right click shape C -Format > Behavior > Double-Click -Select "Go to page: Page-2" Frank Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 9A0D1770-05EE-42D1-ACB3-A0958688AE64@microsoft.com... > If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page > with names in shapes of pe...

How do I add a Trendline to a Pivot Chart
How do I add a trendline to a pivot chart? Help Thanks Leroy Maybe rightclick on one of the series lines in the chart and select Add TrendLine. Leroy wrote: > > How do I add a trendline to a pivot chart? Help! > > Thanks, > > Leroy -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Folder-Link Icon in Outlook 2003
In the past (Outlook XP and before) I could distinguish between a regular Folder and a Folder-Link (.xnk file). Their icons were different. In Outlook 2003 a Folder-Link icon looks exactly the same as a Folder icon. Is they any way I can influence the look of Folder Link icons ? You can change the xnk-file icon association by going to Control Panel-> Folder Options -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Arie Blonk" <Arie Blonk@discussio...

Summary Chart
Hello, was hoping to find a solution for the following scenerio or the best chart and process for: 1) Have 6 columns with survey results - the headers are (PQ, PA, PR, SP, DT, CI). 2) The data rows under the headers are numbers from 1 - 6 (basically a rating). I am attempting to show a summary chart for each worksheets (each worksheet has survey results from a particular location). So I will create a chart in each worksheet for each location, and then one worksheet will be a summary chart of all the other worksheets/locations combined Any idea how to do the chart inside each workshee...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...

Outlook 2003 Send & Receive Button
I've lost the Send & Receive Button from my toolbar and I can't seem to find a way to get it back. Any ideas? Verify tht you still have account configured int Tools-> E-mail Accounts-> Next If they are still there reset the Standard Toolbar through View-> Toolbars-> Customize -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "Vic Mc" <Vic Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5983862-5F51-4141...

in creating a pie chart in excel 2007
How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot I once tried 360 cells and got a wonderful Moiré pattern Why not just experiment with 1, 2, 3 dozen and see for yourself if the result is acceptable ? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "bsalohcin" <bsalohcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9CF7752-1816-4DCE-BF82-9C25033AE888@microsoft.com... > How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot According to MS:- Data series in one chart 255 (max limit) Data points in a...

Custom Formatting a Chart Data Label
I want to create a chart which will display a zero value on the data label where there is in fact a zero value, and show N/A on the data label where it didn't apply. The formula I am using in the spreadsheet uses a nested formula to make this determination: =IF(AND(B22+C22>0,C22>0),B22/C22,NA()) Presently, it works but displays the #N/A on the chart where I would prefer it simply displayed as N/A. Can I do this with a custom format on the data label?? Thanks so much! I don't know how you all do it but your amazing! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your read...

Pivot Chart Created from Pivot Table is Blank
HELP!!! I am following a tutorial in an Excel 2007 book step-by-step. In one of the lessons I was able to successfully and easily create a pivot chart from a pivot table. In my next lesson, I am following the exact same steps (even have started over a couple of times), and when I create a pivot chart from the pivot table in this lesson, it creates a blank chart. WHY DOES IT DO THIS??? I know I have followed the steps correctly. Any ideas on why Excel isn't cooperating with me on this lesson would be soooo appreciated. Hi, Blank charts usually result from having your cursor in...

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...