Visio 2002 Service Pack Update - File Bloat Corrected

Microsoft has released an update to Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 that corrects
the problem with file sizes increasing after being saved in Visio 2002 SP2.
The fix is posted as a hotfix patch that gets applied on top of Service Pack
2.  You can get the update here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;890668

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

marknel (439)
1/26/2005 7:09:46 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Mark Nelson [MS] wrote:
> Microsoft has released an update to Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 that
corrects
> the problem with file sizes increasing after being saved in Visio
2002 SP2.
> The fix is posted as a hotfix patch that gets applied on top of
Service Pack
> 2.  You can get the update here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;890668
>
> --
> Mark Nelson
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

We need this patch for one of our field people, but since we have a
Visio corporate license we'll get charged $99 for an online support
request.  Should we pay for a patch if it fixes a known bug that we
need in order to make sure our files aren't damaged?

If not, should we place a support call and explain the situation over
the phone so we aren't charged? or is there some way to get the patch
for free online?  Any help would be appreciated.  Please post reply to
newsgroup.  Thanks.

Bryant

0
powellbr (1)
2/14/2005 4:04:24 PM
Hi Bryant,

Support requests for a hotfix should be no-charge in most cases.  Call (425)
454-2030, and you should be able to get a grace (no charge) request for the
hotfix set up.

--
Dick Hamilton
Microsoft Corporation

<powellbr@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> Mark Nelson [MS] wrote:
>> Microsoft has released an update to Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 that
> corrects
>> the problem with file sizes increasing after being saved in Visio
> 2002 SP2.
>> The fix is posted as a hotfix patch that gets applied on top of
> Service Pack
>> 2.  You can get the update here:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;890668
>>
>> --
>> Mark Nelson
>> Microsoft Corporation

> rights.
>
> We need this patch for one of our field people, but since we have a
> Visio corporate license we'll get charged $99 for an online support
> request.  Should we pay for a patch if it fixes a known bug that we
> need in order to make sure our files aren't damaged?
>
> If not, should we place a support call and explain the situation over
> the phone so we aren't charged? or is there some way to get the patch
> for free online?  Any help would be appreciated.  Please post reply to
> newsgroup.  Thanks.
>
> Bryant

0
dickh (40)

How do you use the xsd file?
I get "The attribute targetNamespace does not match the designated namespace URI" and nothing else. I have an xml file, that was pre-existing. I have to validate against the schema provided, I downloaded it, and was attempting to use (where FILENAME = the .xml and sSchema is the path+filename.xsd): public void ReadXml(string sSchema) { string sInfo = ""; XmlValidatingReader reader = null; XmlSchemaCollection xsc = new XmlSchemaCollection(); try { xsc.Add(sSchema...

Outlook 2002
I used to be able to find all of my emails, calendar appts., journal entries, etc., related to a particular contact in the Contact's Activity tab. As of a week ago, with nothing new installed or added, those links have disappeared. Anyone have any ideas why? Thank You. ...

Opening Publisher 2002 files in Publisher 2007
I used Publisher 2002 on a Windows XP computer. I've upgraded to a Windows 7 machine with Publisher 2007. My 2002 Publisher files won't open on the new computer. Anyone know why? Is there an error message? Some virus software will prevent opening older Publisher files. Take a look at the following article. Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "LCR" &l...

Embedding Images and/or Word Processor/Text Files in Excel
Is it possible to place a pointer/ref within an XL cell to a specific filename.jpg ? or, to a specific filename.doc or filename.wp ? I would like to be able to click on a cell and have a picture opened with an image viewer, such as Irfanview. Thanks Hi, You can use Hyperlink (CTRL+K or Insert->Hyperlink) to point to a specific filename. Regards, Peter -- http://blog.jausovec.net "Vince" je napisal: > > Is it possible to place a pointer/ref within an XL cell to a specific > filename.jpg ? > or, to a specific filename.doc or filename.wp ? > > &g...

File Locations for Office 2007
Is there a listing of file locations for Office 2007? I want to back up the personalization files and other files with settings in them to allow a restoration to the current machine, or import the settings to another machine. I am using Windows XP SP2 -- Thank you, John Gregory Click Office button | Word Options. In the Advanced category, click the File Locations button. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "JGreg7" <JGreg7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D667D322-9AE0-42A4-AF88-7A621121AC18@microsoft.com... > Is there a listin...

Excel Help File Problems
Our company is using Office 2000 on Window 2000 / NT OS. I recently had some issues and had to have my hard drive re-imaged. I am a relative novice with Excel VBA and rely heavily on the VBA Help files. Unfortunately the hot links on the top of the help pages are missing and there is only a placeholder (small square box shaddow with a dot in the middle). These use to have hot links such as "See Also", "Examples", Methods", etc. Most of the hot links embedded withing the text of the help files do not work either. A common error message that appears would be: &...

.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update will not install
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) on an XP Pro SP 3. i use Zone Alarm Suite AV, Spam, and Firewall. i set zone alarm to NOT load at boot up and rebooted - still failed to install KB953297. Tried to remove .NET Framework 1.1 (Add or Remove Programs) failed with "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it." i do have KB928366 installed (1.1 hotfix). Also,...

how can i copy a word file into an excel?
I want to copy a word file (76 pages with underlines, tables, pictures, etc) into an excel without turning into something very messed up like it does. Try clicking on Insert -> Object and then click on the 'Create from File' section at the top of the window that appears. Browse for your Word document, click Insert and then OK and your document will appear within a frame in your spreadsheet. Andrea Jones http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk http://www.stratatraining.co.uk http://www.allaboutclait.com "Konstantinos Lazaridis" wrote: > I want to copy a word file (76 pa...

Using Office 2003 Web Services Toolkit, invalid property assignment?
I'm trying to test out the office 2003 web services toolkit. I'm referencing an article at http://www.officezealot.com/Upload/Gunderloy_WebService_Article/Gunderlo y_Webservice.aspx which includes a demo of this technology, amoung other things. I'm attempting to pull data from http://www.webservicex.com/uszip.asmx which does return data via browser. I used the toolkit to create the various classes. The code attempts to assign the discovered data to a textbox but it does not get that far. The puzzling error message is 'wrong number of arguments or invalid property ass...

Problems downloading OFX file
Hi - I am running Microsoft Money 2003 and cannot seem to download or open and of my transactions. The dialog box will show however if I click save, or open nothing happens. Does anyone know what the problem may be? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Kim59 wrote: >Hi - I am running Microsoft Money 2003 and cannot seem to download or open >and of my transactions. The dialog box will show however if I click save, or >open nothing happens. Does anyone know what the problem may be? Is that Money 2003 deluxe? If it is Money 2003 Standard, it disabled processing of OFX files with ...

Exporting data in comma delimited format in text file
I have Excel 2002. How do you export columns of data in a comma-delimited text file? Thanks Try saving the file. Make sure you choose: "CSV (Comma delimetd)(*.csv)" as the file type. If you want to only save certain columns (or even just a certain range), copy those to a worksheet in a new workbook save that new workbook as a .CSV file. You could also write your own code to do exactly what you want. Here are some sites with sample code: J.E. McGimpsey's: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program: www.smokeylake.com/excel (o...

Try this internet update that comes from Microsoft Corporation
--oknvlcrajpqwyx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pywmdxednhzxf"; type="multipart/alternative" --pywmdxednhzxf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="evutifbhtny" --evutifbhtny Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to pro...

Too many Excel files
Im having a rant... The Company I work for (1,000 employees) love excel so much it creates about 8,000 new xls files every month. This equates to about 8Gb. I have tracked this growth for 3 years and can show a graph of it. We are running out of disk space, but management dont seem to grasp the reality that we cannot sustain this growth rate. I am trying to get them to get a plan together to change the business culture into working smarter and to see if the growth rate can be reduced to extend the life of the servers, but it is falling on deaf ears. Also, I have found stacks of files du...

Need to update records in a table based upon records in another ta
Hello, I am using access 2003. I have a table called tbl_Master which contains fields such as DeviceSN, Name, SlateForRetirement?, Flag1, Address and City. The unique record is DeviceSN. The data in this table is old so I performed a walk through of the office and created a spreadsheet with updated information. I imported this spreadsheet and called it tbl_ImportedUpdatedInventory Can you help me with detail instructions on how to create a query that will upate the master table with the fresh information i.e. Name, Address, City, SlateforRetirement from the imported table? Y...

MDBDATA Folder Exxxxxxx.log files
Does any one know how to control these log files in Exchange W2K3, located in the Exchsrvr\dbdata\folder as Exxxxxxx.log? It's eating up my disk space and I like to limit/control so the system deletes them when the msg. is sent. It looks like it creates a log file for every msg. to go out? Can't find any flags to set or turn it off, presently I manualy delete these files if they are older than 5 days. Any help is welcome! Dude do your self a fovor and do some research on how to backup and exchange server. Thats Rule #1 "OK" wrote: > Does any one know how to con...

Export list of table names to an excel file
how can i export a list of table names from an access 2003 db to anexcel file?thanks. - Parth...

Help with File Menu
I just installed Office2003 in conjunction with WinXP Pro SP2. When Excel file (xls) is opened, "File" menu is missing. Please advise me how to recover File menu. Craig View|Toolbars|Customize|toolbars tab select worksheet menu bar and click Reset (It'll reset that whole toolbar, though.) Craig wrote: > > I just installed Office2003 in conjunction with WinXP Pro SP2. > When Excel file (xls) is opened, "File" menu is missing. > Please advise me how to recover File menu. > Craig -- Dave Peterson Thanks Dave. I tried twice but it did not work. Th...

Must convert 500+ xls files to txt (tsv)
I need to convert 500+ xls spreadsheet files to tab-separated text files. How can I automate this process? I am VB illiterate, though I'm handy with Perl, so if there's a way to convert an xls file to tsv on the command line I could use Perl to automate this. Anyway, any advice appreciated. Karl -- Sent from a spam-bucket account; I check it once in a blue moon. If you still want to e-mail me, cut out the extension from my address, and make the obvious substitutions on what's left. Hi Karl AFAIK you need Excel (or an Excel compatible application) to actually open and r...

Save DBF files in Excel 2007
Hi there, just wanted to let you know that I released a new version of the add- in that enables saving a DBF file in Excel 2007. New features: 1. Now you can add/insert new fields, create calculated fields in addition to adding new records or editing existing records in your native DBF file! 2. If you start with an Excel file the software now have enhanced capabilities to determine the field types (better than Microsoft's own in earlier Excel versions). 3. The add-in checks DBase field naming conventions and also identifies duplicate fields. All problem field names are visually identi...

How to change the name of the Outlook.pst file
Creating multiple user profiles. all logon using one Windows logon. When I setup the Mail Profiles, it creates a PST file each time (good) i.e.. outlook.pst, outlook1.pst, outlook2.pst. My question - is there an easy way to rename them to the user name i.e. user1.pst ...etc The reason I want to do that - I am using the PST password and when it pops up, it shows the Outlook.pst file name at the top and I would like to have it the User's name instead. I'd recommend multiple Windows logins. It really helps keep a bunch of settings separate. "John D Leonard -- Sage" &l...

xml/xslt, .net 2.0, whitespace, output to text file
I'm having a problem with line feeds in an xslcompiledtransform in .net 2.0. I'm trying to use xsl to transform xml to a text file that can be read on a Unix box. The problem is that when I insert a line feed, it always results in a carriage-return/linefeed - the Unix box does not like this. I've tried different encoding settings and using hex/dec/html values for line feed but the result is always CRLF as viewed in a hex editor. here's the code that pertains to my issue if anyone can help XSL Transformation code Dim fs As New IO.FileStream(f.FilePathWorkin...

Outlook Web Access service??
Does anyone know of a company that charges to have an Outlook Web Acces acount? I love the interface and the idea of keeping all my data online. guess ideally I would like a full-featured contact and email manage which stored all data online, even if it wasn't Outlook Web Access. An ideas ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Google on hosted Exchange, there are quite a few companies that offer this "ChromePlanet" <ChromePlanet.11rb21@outlookfo...

Is there a Visio Template for drawing interior elevations?
I am attempting to use Visio to design a home audio-visual (home theatre) layout. I will be arranging a 50" Plasma screen along side a cabinet for DVD player, Satellite receiver, PC and sound system components etc,and also need to arrange shelving, powerpoints, cable trunking etc. I wondered if there was a template that would help me with this. I want to know if there's a template that would help me PAY for all of that! -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "BrideValley AV" <BrideValley A...

'insert file' missing file types (not all showed) #2
Hi there, I'm facing with a puzzling Outlook 2003 problem so I'm trying the forum to see if anyone encountered similar behaviour and/or found a solution. On 'a couple' of workstations in the company there is a problem when users try to attach files in their e-mails. Not all file types are displayed in the dialog box where files can be selected (yes, *.* selected). For instance .zip files are not displayed. There is no problem receiving this kind of attachment! There is only a problem when trying to select these files as attachment using the 'insert file' dialog. W...

Exchange Address List Query not updating Active Directory
We run Exchange 2000 SP3 & have set up universal distribution groups in AD for our various companies, containing contacts for people at those companies. We have set up address lists in Exchange to pull the contacts from the distribution groups using queries. This has the affect of organising our GAL by company. This has worked well for several years, with changes made to the distribution groups appearing on our Outlook 200/2003 clients under the appropriate company heading in their address books. Recently we carried out some re-organisation of the distribution groups, using the fol...