Using 1 Stencil in a network

How do I take a pre-made stencil and put it on the network where many people
can open it at once?  I think I need the file set in some kind of locked
mode so it can be opened, but not edited by others to allow this.  Thank you
very much for any help in what is probably an obvious fix.  For others
anyway   :)

Chris

0
camerons (14)
10/20/2006 3:06:08 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

To make a Stencil ReadOnly, use SaveAs and pull down the arrow on the Save
button to reveal the ReadOnly option.

You can include a stencil in the Visio environment with:
Tools / Options / Advanced / File Paths / Stencils
but ... network paths can be slow

However, you could build a setup file (msi) with Visual Studio and the Visio
Publishing Tool that is in the Visio SDK.  This is better than ammending the
FilePaths, and would deliver the stencils to the local PC.

"camerons" <camerons@epud.net> wrote in message
> How do I take a pre-made stencil and put it on the network where many
> people
> can open it at once?  I think I need the file set in some kind of locked
> mode so it can be opened, but not edited by others to allow this.  Thank
> you
> very much for any help in what is probably an obvious fix.  For others
> anyway   :)
>
> Chris

0
davidp1 (199)

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

using parameters
I have a form which the user selects the BlockNo. The other information that is entered in the form is : 1) NoOfRecordedTrees - RT 2)NoOfSurroundingTrees - ST When the BlockNo is entered, a query runs which picks up fertiliser rates for this Block for all sectors within that block. With RT and ST - it should do a calculation such that it uses Rate/ sector * (RT+ST) to find how much fertiliser is needed for each sector in each block. I would like to add a column to the existing query showing FertiliserAmt using these parameters. How do I specify them within the query. Thanks for your great...

1 Chart

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

Finding all queries which use a table

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

SK 40175 Tuff-1 1/2-Inch Drive 15-Inch Reversible Ratchet
Price:$90.24 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B0009U5RRM Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B0009U5RRM Item #: SKT40175. Features & Benefits:Tuff 1(r) Ratchets 72 tooth head design delivers a short 5" stroke for use in tight areas.17 teeth engage when torque is applied to provide a strong grip without slippage.Thumb falls naturally into position, giving instant control with one hand.Easy to reverse, 4 point cap.SuperKrome plating for long tool life and maximum corrosion resistance.Description: 15" Reversible Tuff Customers also search for:...

Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default
http://www.vistax64.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1136177 Andrew;1136177 Wrote: > If I right click on a file there is usually the option to"Open with..". > Selecting this option list possible programs with which to open the > application and, below this, there is a check box labelled "always use > the > selected program to open this kind of file". The check box is always > checked, so clicking on OK permanently associates the selected program > with > the file type in question. > > However, I usually use this option to op...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Outlook first use
Hi, when I open Outlook in a workstation for the first time, Outlook open setup and ask user to create a new profile. I have a utility to create profile automaticaly and this setup is deleting existing profile. Is it possible to Outlook don�t ask to create a new profile for the first time? Tks. Alex ...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...

Calculating Correlation using arrays
I have a sheet full of data for many products in chronological order. Column A is Date of manufacture Column B is time of manufacture Column C is the product Column D is a measurement from the automatic control system Column E contains occasional manual measurements for calibratio checks Up till now I have split the data out by grade and checked calibratio using pivot tables and also checked slope and offsets. After gainin exposure to all kinds of clever functions via this board I now wonde whether it would not be possible to automate these checks in some way ie on a separate sheet I list t...

Outlook 03 standalone syncing with network, don't want it
For some reason now on startup my Vista Ultimate PC running Outlook 03 is incredibly slow with lots of disk thrashing. I saw a message about Outlook synching but I don't recall setting it up to do that. I want it not to and, more importantly, I want the disk thrashing to stop. My computer is on a wireless network with a NAS. I have 3 drives permanently mapped to shares on it. Nothing changed on the NAS, to my knowledge. I recall having seen somewhere in Vista sync settings. I can't find it now and don't know if that's relevant. I'm confident that my system is secur...

use excel to create PP slides?
I'm not sure if this is possible but I have a list of information in an excel table and I'd like to auto matically generate a slide for each row of data. for instance, I have a list of products and each product is on it's own row with 6 product features in the following columns. How can I take that info from excel and create a features slide for each product using the information from the following columns. I don't mind cutting and pasting the list - it doesn't have to be fully automatic but as I have over 1000 products I desperately don't want to reype ...

Using BGInfo Command Line Parameters
I've read the Help file in BGInfo - but can't figure out how to use Command Line Parameters. When I click on my startup icon, I would like to invoke certain parameters. The line I came up with is: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe /timer:99 /popup /taskbar /rtf:C:\DATA\BGINFO /nolicprompt" Obviously, this is wrong. My Target line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe" My Start in line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo" Please help me by telling me what, exactly, should go in each line. I would also like t...

Converting from Lotus 1, 2, 3 docs
I have a user who has a bunch of Lotus 1, 2, 3 spreadsheets that he is trying to convert to Excel. His version of Lotus is old (version 5), his version of Excel is 2000 sp2. The files convert but they are missing pages or headings or other unacceptable qualities. Anyone any advice? Michael If you open the files using Excel and save them to an .xls format in the current version you are losing data? A while back I needed to do this. I wrote an application in VB that loops through the files, opens them using Excel (add a reference in VB to MS Office 10) and then save them in the current ...

Routing some outbound messages to a server on my network
I would like to have all outbound email messages go out to our ISP except for the ones addressed to any one @Unix.OurDomain.com It looks like I can set up Address spaces on two virtual servers to do that. The address space for the Unix server would be Unix.OurDomain.com but I don't know the syntax for the address space on the other server. Is this the right way to go about it? Lee Robinson On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:25:14 -0500, "Lee Robinson" <lee@robinson.net> wrote: >I would like to have all outbound email messages go out to our ISP except >for the ones addresse...