user created shapes non printing

I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed
before.  When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the
non-printing properly under FORMAT � BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set
of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing.  Can I change
this behavior?
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How are you creating the new shape?  Also are you using layers in your
document?

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

"Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed
> before.  When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the
> non-printing properly under FORMAT - BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set
> of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing.  Can I change
> this behavior?

0
marknel (439)
9/24/2004 3:34:30 AM
Thanks Mark,

These are drawing tool shapes like a line, circle or rectangle. There
are no layers on these pages.  They are always blue and dashed as if
Ive somehow set default line properties that I dont know how to set
(yet). I just noticed that this only happens in one drawing that I am
working on so I must have inadvertently set something.

Shapes that I drag from a stencil, even ones Ive created in the past
print by default.

Thanks again
Robert

"Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<ux$9IeeoEHA.1308@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>...
> How are you creating the new shape?  Also are you using layers in your
> document?
>
> --
> Mark Nelson
> Microsoft Corporation

> "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed
> > before.  When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the
> > non-printing properly under FORMAT - BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set
> > of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing.  Can I change
> > this behavior?
I'm not sure how to get into a situation where the basic drawing shapes do
not print.  You can customize other formatting characteristics.  When there
is no selection in the drawing, change your formatting settings.  This will
set the formatting for any future shapes drawn by the tools.

--

> Thanks Mark,
>
> These are drawing tool shapes like a line, circle or rectangle. There
> are no layers on these pages.  They are always blue and dashed as if
> Ive somehow set default line properties that I dont know how to set
> (yet). I just noticed that this only happens in one drawing that I am
> working on so I must have inadvertently set something.
>
> Shapes that I drag from a stencil, even ones Ive created in the past
> print by default.
>

> Thanks again
> Robert
>
> "Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How are you creating the new shape?  Also are you using layers in your
>> document?
>>
>> --
>> Mark Nelson
>> Microsoft Corporation

>> rights.
>>
>> "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed
>> > before.  When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the
>> > non-printing properly under FORMAT - BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set
>> > of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing.  Can I change
>> > this behavior?

0
marknel (439)
9/25/2004 6:10:28 AM
"When there is no selection in the drawing, change your formatting
settings.  This will set the formatting for any future shapes drawn by
the tools."

Thanks, that resolved the line formating. Ive been using visio since
96 off and on and never realized I could do that. As far as the
non-printing issue I wonder is its a bug

"Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<OhHL9ZsoEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
> I'm not sure how to get into a situation where the basic drawing shapes do
> not print.  You can customize other formatting characteristics.  When there
> is no selection in the drawing, change your formatting settings.  This will
> set the formatting for any future shapes drawn by the tools.
>
> --
> Mark Nelson
> Microsoft Corporation

> "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Mark,
> >
> > These are drawing tool shapes like a line, circle or rectangle. There
> > are no layers on these pages.  They are always blue and dashed as if
> > Ive somehow set default line properties that I dont know how to set
> > (yet). I just noticed that this only happens in one drawing that I am
> > working on so I must have inadvertently set something.
> >
> > Shapes that I drag from a stencil, even ones Ive created in the past
> > print by default.
> >

> > Thanks again
> > Robert
> >
> > "Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> How are you creating the new shape?  Also are you using layers in your
> >> document?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark Nelson
> >> Microsoft Corporation

> >> rights.
> >>
> >> "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Why can't I print cash flow forecast?
The only budgeting tool I find useful in Money is the cash flow forecast. It can keep me on track on a paycheck to paycheck basis. But I am not able to print the transactions associated with the forecast. If I can't do this, I have no use for money and will have to create it in Excel. Is there a way to do this that I don't know of? Thanks for the help. Hi, Sorry this isn't a tip on printing. Just to let you know that I have exactly the same complaint. In my opinion it is a serious shortcoming in Money. I would like to print the Cashflow forecast at the beginning of t...

How do I create & print 2 pages on 1 sheet in publisher XP?
I make flat panel invitations, and I was able to fit 2 5" x 7" invites onto a single sheet of 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper at one time. I can't seem to accomplish this anymore and I'm not sure of what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help me? I'm using publisher XP. Thanks I don't think you ever fit 2 seven inch copies on an eleven inch sheet. Maybe you were setting up legal stock, it is 8.5 x 14. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ickypicky" <ickypicky@discussions.mic...

Exchange 2000 SMTP User Access Deny
Hi, I've need to deny access to SMTP. I've configured Filter with internet mail address of my users and activated "Use Filter" in SMTP Sevice Properties. It don't Work. Emails outgoing the same. Have you suggestion for me, please ? Thank's in advance. Do you simply want to keep users from sending messages out via SMTP? And is it a select few? -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "aaa" <mdariol@intes...

Email asking for "User Name and Password"
My mom's email won't download/send msg's - instead wants us to enter the user name and password. I've done this, double checking I had the correct info, which I did, and it won't take it. I've also been thru the email settings, and the username and password I set it up with is still checked to be 'remembered'. All info is correct. Email was fine one day, the next this happens for apparently no reason. I've had this happen on my laptop at times, but it always goes away without any problems. Her's will not go away. Any idea on what&#...

how do i create a divisible formula
I use a xl doc that has numbers in the cells that need to be divisible by 15. Can i incert a formula that will check the number in B5 and display an error message in F10 if the number in B5 is not divisible by 15. Tim, Try this in F10 =AND(B5<>"",MOD(B5,15)=0) Mike "Tim" wrote: > I use a xl doc that has numbers in the cells that need to be divisible by 15. > Can i incert a formula that will check the number in B5 and display an error > message in F10 if the number in B5 is not divisible by 15. On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 05:32:01 -0800, Ti...

How do I stop pictures moving on page when printing
I am using Publisher 2003. When sending 4 page spreads to a printer to print to A3, Some pictures move from their onscreen position to the left of the page. How do I stop this from happening? AniaZ <AniaZ@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When sending 4 page spreads to a printer to print to A3, Some > pictures move from their onscreen position to the left of the page. I wasn't aware Publisher could print four-page spreads. Is there any predictability to which objects will do this? Are the pictures spanning the fold? Do you have pictures in yo...

URGENT: Exchange 2003 limiting Relay only to some user
I have this situation, My only Exchange Server 2003 is installed on my DMZ and must receive email directly from internet for my domani domain.tld. I have about 100 users, only 20 of these can send and receive email to/from internet, all the other can send and receive only to my domain.tld. I try to use the relay restriction per user, butis not working, i read a lot of handbook, and everybody say to disable the anonymous relay, but by this way i can't receive internet email, even with this disabled the rule is not working. any advice ? Thanks You should not have to play with any of the r...

Is there a user easy way to change the active sheet name
I would like the sheet name to read what I have just put into cell A1. It's important that they are the same, and the people who are going to use this spreadsheet aren't known for their data accuracy. Thanks Brad Withrow See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/events/sheetnamefromcell.html In article <jFD_f.76$2_.46@bignews8.bellsouth.net>, "Brad Withrow" <bmwithrow@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I would like the sheet name to read what I have just put into cell A1. It's > important that they are the same, and the people who are going to use this > ...

gp should be more user friendly
This is the most user unfriendly system I have ever used. The books and on screen help are totally useless. I have taught my self a lot of programs but this one is impossible. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

Non-English national characters removed from subject field in Exchange 2003?
Hello, We have an application which submits the same messages, via SMTP, to two different mailbox servers: one Exchange 2003 server and one Linux- based server. Some of the messages have national characters from other European languages aside from English, e.g., =E9, =E7, etc. Unfortunately, when these messages arrive in Exchange mailboxes, the national characters are completely missing from the subject field (missing, not replaced by other chars); in the Linux mailboxes, the subjects are complete. In both cases, the message text and any attachments are unaffected. Can anyone s...

Setting print layout as default for opening attachments.
Outlook opens attachments in reading layout. I'd like to change the default to print layout. You can elect to NOT open in reading layout. JennieB wrote: > Outlook opens attachments in reading layout. I'd like to change the default > to print layout. "JennieB" <JennieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D381105-14D3-4E05-B9D7-85B702B93BA1@microsoft.com... > Outlook opens attachments in reading layout. I'd like to change the default > to print layout. Open Word and click Tools>Options. On the General tab, uncheck...

Message size differ for user(user of exchange 2003) with outlook 2003 and 2007
Hi, When we configure the user of exchange server 2003 in Outlook 2007. we observe that message size is different with Outlook 2003. example for exchange server user (testuser) when we configure that in Outlook 2003 for a mail it show size(824). when we configure the same user in Outlook 2007 for same mail it shows size 3429. if some have faced such problem. or know why its happening. similarly i observe same user is configured on outlook 2007 on different machine the mail size differs.so what does size indicate and what all the parameters it depends Any suggestion or pointer could be gre...

Graphics disappearing when printing
Not sure if this is W2K or Pub97 prob or both... When printing a publication, if I save said publication first, any graphics on the page disappear. If I don't save it, they sometimes stay, sometimes disappear... Very frustrating!! Any ideas? There is no such known issue in any version of Publisher. This will be an issue with your video driver. Go to the website of your video card manufacturer and download and install the latest version of the video drivers. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being hel...

how do I create a heat map? have x and y data and then a num to s.
I have x and y data and for each number I then have a 3rd number. I would like to create a chart where for each x and y, you see a colored range for the 3rd values - like a heat map. any idea how to do this in excel? Thx. Hi, Try the chart type of Surface, it can be done here with some work. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "heat map in excel" wrote: > I have x and y data and for each number I then have a 3rd number. I would > like to create a chart where for each x and y, you see a colored range for > the 3rd values - li...

I need to find out how to print checks.
I need to find out how to print checks with checking account numbers printed on Blank Checks with instution Name also included. Read the FAQ. A link was posed yesterday with the sensible advice that you should read the FAQ before posting. "cliff" <cwc0022@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1046201c3f41e$9af24230$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I need to find out how to print checks with checking > account numbers printed on Blank Checks with instution > Name also included. ...

User access denied
Our SA is trying to give one of our users access to one of our companies and as soon as the checkbox is clicked next to the company name, the following message appears, "The user could not be added to one or more databases". In this case the user already has access to nine of the companies. The same message appears when we try to un-check the company box for another user. It's a test company - not that it should matter. Appreciate any help Hi Merle, I suppose you restore a database backup from one of your live companies to the test company database? The er...

User defined chart-type error
Hi, I currently have a pivot chart which refreshes when the report is opened. To this i have set it up with a user defined template and called the template 'Neil'. When opening up the report it works fine for me. But when other people go to open the same report they get a debug error box pop up. The error message is: Run-time error '1004': Method 'ApplyCustomType' of object'_Chart' Failed When i go to debug it shows me this line of code as being the problem: ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlUserDefined, TypeName:="Neil" If i change the li...

Creating Relationships between tables
I've searched through these forums and read alot of discussions regarding not using a lookup in a table. Instead, one should put that information in another table and then use a combo box (using the wizard) to create that field. I'm getting confused trying to figure out a few things with this method and I'm hoping for some direction. My database will be used to capture enforcement information regarding a particular crime in my area. This crime involved establishments, the criminals and certain information related to the criminals. Rather than lay out all of t...

Other users folder
When you go to file and open and then select other users folder to open, how do you then clear that users name out fromt he drop down menu after that? The eassiest way to do this is by opening a lot of other folders ;-) Recreating the mail profile also does the trick. The entries are stored in the registry but that key hasn't been designed for manual editing and you could easily end up corruping your mail profile. Anyway; the key is located here; [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles] -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] w...

Pub 2003's non-breaking space lost in Edit in Word and vice versa
Hi! I don't remember this problem in previous versions. If I enter a non-breaking space in Publisher 2003, I lose it and the following word when I select Edit in Word. If I put the non-breaking space in while I'm editing in Word, then Publisher converts it to a regular space. Does MS know about this, or am I the only one with the problem? The help file shows my version to be Publisher 2003 (11.5525.5606). Thanks for any help. ...

Iterate through shape's master shapes
Hi, I prepared master slide M1 with one special shape. I put into that shape some information ( in tags property). Now I am creating new slides A,B,C and I use that one master slide M1 for this and I add new shapes on that new slides A, B, C. What I want to achieve is go through all new slides, then get shape which belongs to master slide and change its text to something different on each slide. But in Shapes collection in current slide there is no master's slide. So I check myPresentation.Slides[i].Master.Shapes[j] and I found my special shape with tag data inside. Then ...

Printing Greeting Cards #2
I have an HP 1210. I'm working with a top fold 6.5 x 5" greeting card. When I set up the card with a special size and create and then print it, the orientation is the wrong way. It's as though the card should be fed into the printer lengthwise, but it won't fit that way. The card also has to be fed in on the right side. I end up flipping the card and extensively nudging it to put it in the right place. etc. to have it print out correctly - takes forever. Publisher has a set up wizard for envelopes that would help but there is nothing like it for greeting cards. Is there any wa...

Creating Pull down menu list
How I can create pull down menu list in MS Word 2007? The user show select one item from the list. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Faris" <Faris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Creating a HQ DAta Base From 2 RMS Databases
I am having HQ installed at my office. The Tech is telling me that after he combines my 2 RMS Databases in to a single HQ database. I have to delete my data file at each of my locations and install the new database from HQ. I took the online class for HQ. I thought that after we created the new HQ database from the 2 RMS Databases. That all HQ had to do was sycranize with each RMS Database. I do not recall anything about repalcing my old RMS data with a new file. Who is correct. Mike, You should _really_ try to create a single SO template database from both stores so it contains all ...

In Publisher I created an email publication
Emailed it as the body of the message. We the receipent forwards the email they can make changes to the body of the message. How can I change setting to make it read only when emailed? -- Bobby How about making it an image file. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Bobby" <Bobby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBB9381-23EF-4815-BF45-651B15D3E2D7@microsoft.com... > Emailed it as the body of the message. We the receipent forwards the > email > they can make changes to the body of the message. How can I change > setting > to make it read only when...