update shape

I want to use a consistent shape in many pages. Is there a
way to create a master copy such that when I update the
text on a master copy all copies are updated. I created a
new stencil and new master but updating the master doesn't
seem to update the copies (after i save the file).

Amos
0
kariua96 (1)
9/26/2003 6:07:21 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You have to update the master in the local, or "Document Stencil"

Every Visio drawing contains a "hidden" Document Stencil, that carries
copies of masters from "external" stencil files. When you drag a new shape
into a drawing, the master gets copied from the external .vss file to the
Document Stencil inside of your .vsd.

Try:

Window > Show Document Stencil

    or

File > Shapes > Show Document Stencil

To get a view of the local stencil. Make your changes here.

--

Hope this helps,

Chris Roth
Visio MVP

visioguy@hotmail.kom

Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm

"Amos Kariuki" <kariua96@uab.edu> wrote in message
> I want to use a consistent shape in many pages. Is there a
> way to create a master copy such that when I update the
> text on a master copy all copies are updated. I created a
> new stencil and new master but updating the master doesn't
> seem to update the copies (after i save the file).
>
> Amos

0
visioguy (5)

Update Links Automatically
Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without the dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc Thanks There's a setting you can toggle. Tools|options|edit tab Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links" Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated. This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't affect anyone else when they open that workbook. (They'd have to change their setting, too.) John wrote: > > Running Excel XP...

Making shapes the same size
I have a simple question about a feature available in VB IDE development environment and I hope a similar helpful feature is available in Visio. I got used to use the "Make Same Size" option in VB. In visio I usually add multiple instances of the same shape, then I want them be resized the same way, I start sizing the first instance and try to replicate what I have done on the remaining instances. I never a found a way to do it, but repeating the resize manually. Is there any help? Regards, Rami Hi Rami, Instead of manually resizing the other instances of the same shape, how ab...

Take a look at these update
--bdasmyrpae Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ovqhiyszwjkhyysf"; type="multipart/alternative" --ovqhiyszwjkhyysf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hladtcjs" --hladtcjs Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these ...

Watch this security update which came from Microsoft Corporation
--fvjuqcqy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cyboqmdyddyot"; type="multipart/alternative" --cyboqmdyddyot Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xgnyfiduslihauwz" --xgnyfiduslihauwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer. This up...

MS Money Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Not Updating
Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts to update? For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account transactions. When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in my register. No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to show up. Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or within Money 2005 or 2006.We are w...

Can a form update a database?
I need to create a conference call agenda/meeting minutes template. On it I'd like to use check boxes to note who of the invitees showed up. I'd like to be able to get a listing of all the people (who may or may not be invited to all meetings) and the dates they attended. Can a form in Excel populate a database or could the form populate another Excel file? I'm real stupid about how to do things like this - does anybody have advice or maybe even a simple example? Thanks! I'd put the checkboxes in column A (say A1:A20) and link each checkbox to the cell underneath the check...

Calendar Printing Assistant-won't update
Besides my own Outlook 2007 calendar, I am also the "owner" of a public calendar to which several others have editing privileges. I can add and change appointments to the public calendar, but when I go to print it, my updates are not there even though they are visible on my Outlook screen. What can I do to get CPA to print the updated appointments? My understanding is that CPA does not handle merged calendars very well. You may want to consider using a Outlook Calendar printing app called Wincalendar instead. It allows you to render your Outlook calendar in various...

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility will not update
I am running Windows XP SP3. Each time I try to update the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility by running �msicuu2.exe�, which was downloaded from Microsoft, I get the message, �The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package �msicuu.msi� in the box below.� If I locate the �msicuu.msi� file a message indicates that,� �msicuu.msi� is not a valid installation package for the product Windows Installer Cleanup. Try to find the installation package �msicuu.msi� in...

Software update that doesn't update
"To continue operating successfully, Money requires a software update. Click OK to close Money and begin the update now. OK or Cancel are my options. I click OK and another pop up window opens, looks like the download may happen then I get an error message: "A software update is already in progress. Please try again when the update is complete." I click OK, Money is closed and nothing happens. I was using Money Plus trial version. I clicked on the "Purchase Now" option and the ONLY option to purchase was Money Essentials, which I purchased - entered in t...

2007 Tries to update closed accountq
Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open accounts at that bank as well In microsoft.public.money, z3razerviper wrote: >Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps >trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and >causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. It is. On the Account List, select SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts You can customize rep...

Filling odd shapes
I'm trying to create a closed shape (Visio 2002) consisting of an exponential curve (stencil from the drawing tools set) and then 3 lines underneath so that the result is a closed shape that can be filled with a color. I can create the shape with the curve and 3 lines and everything looks connected but the fill just won't happen. I don't get any errors, it just doesn't fill with a color. What am I missing? Scott You need to make sure that all the lines are in the same geometry section. Graham provided a longer answer in the Yahoo Visio forum. John... Visio MVP Need...

Update To Bank Problem
We recently upgraded to Money Plus 2008 and for some reason when I click on "Connect To Bank" and "Update" it does not download from my bank. We have gone through every menu item trying to see what we may have missed and can't figure it out. Please help if you can. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Margo wrote: >We recently upgraded to Money Plus 2008 and for some reason when I click on >"Connect To Bank" and "Update" it does not download from my bank. We have >gone through every menu item trying to see what we may have missed and...

Won't Stop Updating!
I downloaded an update for one of my accounts and it's large -- this was DAYS ago. It now is "updating" everytime I open it -- I can't stop it and it won't let me do anything else. HELP! I would suggest that you run a file repair. -- Neil "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1396517-A28E-486A-B374-A41D6768645B@microsoft.com... >I downloaded an update for one of my accounts and it's large -- this was >DAYS > ago. It now is "updating" everytime I open it -- I can't stop it and it > won...

update data in table for new Format
I have a table with several thousand records. currently i have serial numbers stored as number but i now need to change the format. currently it is 4-8 digits. the new format should be xx-xxxxxx (2 digits a "-" and 6 more digits). I need this new value to store the "-" in the field. I know i can switch the field to a text field and this works but i need a way to convert existing data to the new format. I tried a mask format but it starts at the beinging. so if i put in a ##-###### and my data is 4021 it gives me 40-21 and i need 00-004021. Any ideas on this...

AutoUpdate tries to update already installed 12.1.5
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed 12.1.5. If I look in the about Word menu, it says that the latest installed update is 12.1.5. Ditto for all other Office apps. The only problem is that when I run autoupdate, it wants to install 12.1.5 again and complains that it can't find an appropriate program to update. On 4/9/09 11:07 AM, "davidcook@officeformac.com" <davidcook@officeformac.com> wrote: > I installed 12.1.5. If I look in the about Word menu, it says that the latest > installed update is 12.1.5. Ditto for all o...

displaying data linked to shape
I would like to click on a shape and have the list of linked data in the database be displayed. (I have a lab diagram, and I want to display the contents of a drawer when the shape is clicked..... and vice versa, when I'm in the database and click on an item, I'd like to have the location of the item displayed on a lab map. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or better yet, a functional example, that does this. I've linked the shape and database, but don't seem grasp how to actually put that link into practice. Thanks in advance jillymc ...

Mass update pay rate
Is there a way to do a mass update of employees' pay rates if you don't have Payroll (just HR)? HR holds the pay rates that get sent to the outside payroll company. The client wants to increase the pay rates by a percentage. Could we use integration manager? Yes, I believe you can use IM to import pay rates since you're only updating card information. You have the compensation management utility in HR. Have you tried it? -- Charles Allen, MVP "tree309" wrote: > Is there a way to do a mass update of employees' pay rates if you don't have > Pay...

Updates #4
Version: 2004 Hello, I am not sure how works updates for Office for Mac 2004 so I hope you can help me. Customer's last update is 10.1.4 . He would like to install update 11.5.0 . To be able install new update he needs install all updates which was released among version 10.1.4 and 11.5.0 . Is it true? How he can get these updates? He strongly insist on downloading updates from webste. Could you plese recommend me what he should do? Is it possible to donwload all updtates via webste (I am able to search maily last versions)? Thanks If he has version 10.x the release is Office X whic...

Money 2003 program updates ceased
A "reminder" has been showing up on my M2003 Home page that reads, "Money has not received updated Internet information since 11/5/2003. Click here to update your Internet information now." When I "click there," the update sequence runs and says "call complete," yet the latest updated information is still 11/5/03. This seems to apply only to the Money software updates, as I'm getting bank and stock market updates OK. I'm running Money 2003 on a Windows ME OS, and I need some suggestions on how to fix this. Thanks. Standard or Deluxe? A...

Update picture changes wrap points, Pub 2002 & 03
I have struggled with this problem for six months. Whenever I update a graphic in Pub 2002 or 03beta2, any custom wrap points are erased. It is interesting to note the transparency setting used via the "Magic Wand" will be the same, and the default wrap settings are the same. E.g. White is still transparent, and Tight is still Tight, but the one wrap point I moved to generate white space between the girl's hair and the text defaults to Tight. This behavior was not evident in Pub 2000, which I have used for two years. Someone suggested reclicking Text Wrapping and reselecting Tig...

Statistics Update: Fullscan vs. Sample
Excluding time considerations for statistics update, is there a reason why I would want to choose fullscan over sample feature? In which situations would fullscan be preferable? Thanks in advance When you're not getting acceptable query response times from a properly indexed table. That said, I like to do a full scan on all tables periodically - which may be monthly, or quarterly, depending on the time it takes and how much idle time the system has. I use a modulo division on the tables object_id over whatever period to make the determination. There are exceptions....

Stocks/Portfolio not updating
Suddenly, starting this weekend, my portfolio/stocks are not updating from MSN. They were were fine right up thru Friday, now it says it is downloading but they are never updated. Is this happening to others? Or just me? And is there a fix? Tom Having a similar problem. Money 98. Starting Friday, 05-20-05, online updates give me "Call complete, but # items could not be processed." and then lists every symbol as invalid. Have found no help on the knowledgebase site. "Tom" wrote: > Suddenly, starting this weekend, my portfolio/stocks are not updating > from MSN...

In Excel how do I find unformatted shapes that are invisible?
I am sent an Excel spreadsheet each week that I copy and paste and add to a main worksheet. The size of the file is getting huge. I discovered the reason for the size is the many unformatted shapes in this file. I would like to delete them. The problem is because they are unformatted, they are invisible. I only know they are there because I happened upon them accidently. Is there way to make all these visible so I can delete them one at a time? Or a way to delete all of them all at once? Hi Not sure if I understand but try this : in Excel 2003 or older... Go to Edit > ...

Money 2005 update
Hi, I have just installed Windows 7 and need to reload Money 2005 and its files. I have opened the 'sample' one and tried to update but this doesn't seem to work. When I restart the application I'm informed that there is an update available but I should shut down and then re-run it as an administrator which I already am. I have set the firewall so as to allow MS Money through but 'no-dice'. Any help would be much appreciated and apologies in advance for bringing up such an old chestnut. BTW, my version number ends in 730. Thanks - Joe In microsoft.public.money, Joe...

How to update multiple stencils when linked with Excel database
I am working on a project that uses multiple stencil files. I am able to export to an excel database, and refresh each symbol by dragging to the drawing, but am wondering how I could update multiple symbols at one time in the actual stencil file from the excel database? The ONLY updates I can find update one at a time and I am needing a quicker way to update my symbols' custom properties all at once, rather than editing each individual custom property. I am using visio 2003 standard. Is this possible with Visio and excel? Do you mean drawings rather than stencils? A stencil is a ...