Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

What is Happening?
This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.

Why?
As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites.  This
move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier
for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redundancies and
make the content easier to find by customers and search engines through
improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and spam
management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by encouraging a
healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end, Microsoft will
begin to progressively shift available resources to the forums technology
and discontinue support for newsgroups.

In addition to offering a compelling online browser experience, for those
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
newsgroups community, we have developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality.  You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
NNTP Bridge here: http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
October 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased approach,
starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more
active ones throughout the course of the next six months.

When will this Happen?
Effective June 1, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
Microsoft has a large selection of forums, many of which cover either the
same or closely related technologies to the ones found in the newsgroups.
The forums have seen amazing growth and are an excellent place to continue
the discussion.  We recommend that you start with
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz/threads

Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
NNTP@microsoft.com

0
nntp
5/8/2010 6:50:15 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Payments not updating Customers Account
Hi All, I made number of account payments at POS. Some have arrived on customers account and others have not. I can see the journal entries for the transaction but the account shows no payment made. Any suggestions. Deck Hi Deck I have the same problem, although I can only see that it is affecting one account at the moment but two payments? I haven't had a resolve yet, If you get one will you let me know? -- Jenny "Deck" wrote: > Hi All, > > I made number of account payments at POS. Some have arrived on customers > account and others have not. I can se...

OL2003 error/not responding
OL2003, updated, I opened OL received some mail when finished I closed it, but noticed OL & Winword were still shown in running processess. I terminated the processes. Later on starting OL it wasnt responding, the 'msg view' pane was blank, had to terminate. Safe mode also not responding. Tried, detect repair without result, scanpst, deleted extend.dat This is about the third occassion this has occured in the last 6 weeks, I have previously created new profile's, new pst's Outlook backup the only addin, other than AV - not symantec, only a single pst open. Office2003 was a ...

Update error-ID 8024D007
No update does work any more, neither "Microsoft update" nor "Windows update". Antivirus-software (Kaspersky IS 2009) is disabled. The internet update function on other workstations in the lan works without any problems. There's no server in lan, workstations are behind a common internet router. Error 0x8024D007: (The disired page couldn't be displayed ....) Same error on both versions of update-method. I use the german version of windows xp sp3, messages are translated. The error did already exist at windows xp sp2 and appeared first in april 2009. ...

Runtime error '2450' Microsoft Office Access...
...can't find the form, 'frmRptStores' referred to in a macro expression or visual basic code. I definitely have the form, 'frmRptStores' amongst my forms. In fact, DoCmd. OpenForm "frmRptStores" successfully opens the form. But the following line fails: Set Frm = Forms("frmRptStores") The frm variable is set as follows: Dim Frm As New Access.Form Any help would be appreciated -- Bill Reed "If you can't laugh at yourself, laugh at somebody else" Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Bill, Your form frmRptStores ne...

Was the IMF updated taken down??
The link from http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/default.mspx is returning the search page Link to IMF Update: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=41026. Alex here is the direct link. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c1ea8cf1-48c9-4e43-a4eb-82d9a83fd4a7&displaylang=en "Alex Zammit" <alex@blockspamwindeveloper.com> wrote in message news:uFk76tqCFHA.2380@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > The link from http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/default.mspx is returning > the search page > > Link to IMF Update: > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink...

Location of Microsoft Access 2003 Custom designed Toolbar file
Where is the Microsoft Access Custom Toolbar (the one I have created icons on) located on the hard drive? What is the actual file name Thanks! There is no particular file. If you create a custom menu/tool bar, then that is contained with the database... The options to complete hide and keep people out of the ms-access interface can easily be done using the tools->start-up options. Using those options allows you to complete hide the ms-access interface (tool bars, database window etc). Also, using these options means you do not have to bother setting up security. Try downloading ...

Launching Microsoft Outlook #2
I upgraded from windows me to xp everytime I attempt to launch outlook erroe message reads"vim32.dll can not be located what do I do? ...

Release Candidate of Office 2010 vs.Microsoft Office 2010 Beta
Is this the same product? Microsoft Office 2010 Beta http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx Release Candidate build of Office 2010 http://connect.microsoft.com/office I can't figure out how to get this one. "Release Candidate" is the name given to a late-stage beta of a product, typically the last beta version before the final release. All the caveats of beta software also apply to a Release Candidate (and Microsoft is very clear about this.) Daddy "Arlene" <Arlene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:819AF240...

update failure
I keep trying to install and I get a message that an instance of setup is already running. And, when trying to install "important updates", the process never is completed and runs forever Microsoft Windows XP Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install) The updates show as 0 KB when they have been previously downloaded to the system. Windows Update is detecting their presence in the Download subfolder of Software...

Can I control the time of Internet updates?
I have certain of my credit cards to update once a day, and I noticed it seems to do that right around midnight. I suspect one of the cards has their systems doing something then, as the update for that one always fails. But when I do another update in the morning or any other time, it succeeds. So I was wondering if I could change it to do the update at a time other than midnight, but it doesn't seem to give me that ability? thanks ...

July Windows Update killing RPC over HTTP?
I have experienced the following: I have a remote laptop w/Outlook 2003 going to E2K3 w/RPC over HTTP. Everything works fine; after applying the latest Windows Update Cumulative Security roll-up, Outlook can no longer find the Exchange svr, although it does get the domain/username authentication prompt. Anyone else experienced this? romrunning@yahoo.com (Rom) wrote in message news:<8034adc2.0408041209.48396aca@posting.google.com>... > I have experienced the following: > > I have a remote laptop w/Outlook 2003 going to E2K3 w/RPC over HTTP. > Everything works fine; after...

Microsoft Database Daemon
I turned off Office Reminders and deleted Microsoft Database Daemon from my login items. It remains deleted until I begin to use Entourage. Why? How do I prevent it from becoming a "login item?" ...

SQL Server 2000 Report Pack for Microsoft CRM 1.2
Hi, I have a single server deployment of Microsoft CRM 1.2 in Small Business Server 2003. Where would I install the SQL Server 200 Report Pack for MS CRM? Is it in my current installation server (SBS 2003) or in a different workstation just like in the setup for Crystal Reports, wherein Crystal Reports 9.2.2 should not be installed in CRM server. Actually I have tried to install the Report Pack in my single server deployment but I encountered this error: object reference not set to an instance of an object I have already complied with the system requirements except for having the Visu...

Microsoft Publisher
When I save my documents, I click on save or save as. In either case, the system asks me what I want to call it. If I don't rememeber the name of my document, it will save it for me with whatever name I want to call it. Why doesn't the system remember and list on the page the name of the document. My old publisher automatically rememebers what document I am working on and saves accordingly. This is most frustrating. ...

Menu update
Hi there, I've had a go and created a couple of additions to the menu bar using VBA. Some of the captions are based on a cell ref which contains a variable date in text form. I need to call my menu procedure when the cell contents that I have refrenced to change (a new date is entered), but I don't know how. Hope you can help DonH You would use worksheet change event code, but you would need the name of the menu and the sub-menu item to change it. Something like Const WS_RANGE As String = "H10" '<== change to suit On Error GoTo ws_exit Application...

possible to update resource without rebuild?
I need to change the logo we use on a 3 year old release. It is a real pain setting up for the build and getting the old source code. Then I have to turn around and do the same thing for the product update that came out later that year. Is the a way to run some edit utility that can replace a resource in an exe. The logo is saved as a bitmap file in the resource. I would like to update the old exe without going through the whole headache. "River Ross" <river.ross@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:YWOSd.40035$wi2.7686@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > I need to ...

Updating and inserting an existing xml document
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B1_01C49404.1F4D82D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I am new to this xml. How can I update and insert some values in = existing xml document. which parser i can use for it in dot net. Whether dot net = XmlTextWriter I can user for this or there is any other way is there ?? Thanks and Regards, Pradeep. ------=_NextPart_000_00B1_01C49404.1F4D82D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

After form Update event
I have a form that I would like to have update the field called "PESA_timestamp" if any other field on the form is updated. (Code shown below.) It does the update just fine, but it won't let me move to the next record. It stays in Edit mode until I hit the Escape key. Also, how do I get the actual login name rather than the PC's user name? Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate() Me.PESA_timestamp = CurrentUser() & " ~ " & Date End Sub -- Thank you, cs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters c...

Limiting Records in an Update Query
I have a report that generates assignment sheets for exhibitors who have received booth assignments so that the orders can be updated (for various reasons, we don't want the sales staff updating the orders directly). There is an update query that then flags those assignments as printed so that they are not printed again. During the early part of the show year, when we are assigning the bulk of our exhibitors, these runs can quickly grow to 60 sheets or more. What I'd like to do is be able to run them in smaller groups that are easier to manage so that each support pers...

How does one publish web pages/create a site via Microsoft? Looki.
In the ocena of techincal jargon, I cannot find the means to publish (or transfer) images to my website. Please advise. Thanks, John ...

Outlook update looses old contacts?
I recently was given the oportunity to update outlook express by microsoft. I took advantage of this and the new version does not have any of my old existing contacts in the new address book. Can anyone help me to locate my old address book? Thanks. "Oultook Express"? This is an "Outlook" discussion board - they are different products. William "Jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a0a01c3dad5$28ae32e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I recently was given the oportunity to update outlook > express by microsoft. I took advanta...

Microsoft CRM Installation 08-29-05
Hi, Please help me whether do I need Active Directory necessarily be running and Exchange server too for test environment of MS CRM Installation.Eventhough the machine has been configured for Domain admin groups logon,Whenever I tried to click on ms crm cd files to install it is telling me "You must login as Domain admin group" and so.Please help me to install as test environment.Thanks in advance. you only need a functioning active directory domain. You do not need exchange server to be installed. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Jo_Dev...

Uncheck all checkboxes
I'm looking for a way to deselect all the checkboxes from an Access document. Someone gave me this reply, but I have no idea how this works. Any help on the matter would be appreciated. This was the reply I got: "The easiest way to deselect all the checkboxes is to run an update query that sets the checkbox to false. Use the QBE to create it and then run it in code using the .execute method. You should find examples in help." I don't know how to do any of this... I've tried looking in the help file for update query, but got stranded on like step 1 already. And ...

Chosen not to update links but they are updated anyway. How stop?
Using Excel 2003 but linked to spreadsheets created in 2000. When asked if I wanted to update links, I said 'no' because I wanted to take figures and break links to some linked spreadsheets. But then spreadsheet appears to update anyway, replacing figures I can see (and want) and giving me 'Value' errors instead. There's a section in Tool-Options-Edit that allows for universal updating of links ("Ask to update automatic links). If this is unchecked, that's probably why. -- TylerDurden ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

FWD: See this corrective update which comes from the Microsoft
--aolkeahgr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wbqnfbpivy"; type="multipart/alternative" --wbqnfbpivy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lzvglunuqmeli" --lzvglunuqmeli Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the se...