Unable to Change Case in Org Chart in Field

We are currently moving our org charts into Visio and are new to the
program; we have imported an Excel table into Visio 2003 (11.3216.5703)
using the Org Chart Wizard.  We are able to apply initial caps to all fields
except for field 2.  Does anyone know what causes this and a way to
workaround it?  We do not want to have our data entry person have to retype
the data in the format we require.

Thanks in advance,
Allison Orange
Systems Project Consultant
Florida Public Service Commission
aorange@psc.state.fl.us

0
aorange (3)
11/19/2004 3:43:23 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm not sure what you mean by field 2.  What steps are you taking to apply
initial caps?

By the way, I encourage you to install Service Pack 1 for Visio 2003
(11.4301.6360).  It contains several fixes to the Org Chart features.

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

"Allison Orange" <aorange@psc.state.fl.us(remove to reply)> wrote in message
> We are currently moving our org charts into Visio and are new to the
> program; we have imported an Excel table into Visio 2003 (11.3216.5703)
> using the Org Chart Wizard.  We are able to apply initial caps to all
> fields
> except for field 2.  Does anyone know what causes this and a way to
> workaround it?  We do not want to have our data entry person have to
> retype
> the data in the format we require.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Allison Orange
> Systems Project Consultant
> Florida Public Service Commission
> aorange@psc.state.fl.us

0
marknel (439)

Change a SharePoint farm from standalone to small farm
My requirement is to CHANGE the standalone server to small farm. New SQL Server is setup and running using domain account. Is it sufficient to follow the steps mentioned in KB934838 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934838 to change service account, and then remove and add content database from Central Admin? (I want to move only content databases, not SSP, Config, Search and Central Admin DB) I am going to use single domain account for all services, and I will make this account as local admin on both servers. Will it work? Thanks in advance J Justin ------=_NextPart...

How to make a Line Chart with shaded uncertainty band
In scenarios, the forecasted values often have a higher uncertainty the further they are in the future (like a weather forecast). I would like to show this "uncertainty band" in a line chart. Of course this can be done by graphing two extra lines for optimistic and pessimistic values, or for any limit values, but I would like to shade the area between these upper and lower limits, preferably by a transparent colour so gridlines are still visible. Anyone with an idea how to do this? Thanks for your help, Henk Hi, You can create the shading by using dummy data plotted as an a...

Update Query to Change Values From One Table To Another
Hi, I have two tables with a number of fields in each table. In one table called ACCOUNTS CHARGED the yes/no field called CHARGED is always by default "yes" everytime a record is entered in it. I want it every time to update the table called RESPEL ALL CHARGES (when running an Update Query) the identical field CHARGED by looking at the RESNO field in the table ACCOUNTS CHARGED to be the same as the RESNO field in the table RESPEL ALL CHARGES. Thanks ...

Credit Card field
I have a form with a credit card field. They would like the field to be formatted as a password field, except the last four digits should be shown as number. (ex ************2345. Please anyone Help thanks -- Humble "Novice" <YvesCam@Cam.com> wrote in message news:B21DAD25-D442-4067-988B-4CBD0D8A9C61@microsoft.com... >I have a form with a credit card field. They would like the field to be > formatted as a password field, except the last four digits should be shown > as > number. (ex ************2345. Please anyone Help > > thanks > > > -- &g...

Ranking Chart
Hello I have to do a chart from a lot of different dealers. However, I only want the top 10 dealers to be on the chart and a sum of the rest as others. Is that possible? How could I do a tornado style chart? Thanks for your help -- cartera ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cartera's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37669 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=572776 Hi, You will need to sort your data before it goes into the chart. You can then either manually select the to...

determining user-defined chart definition
How can I look at the code/description of a user-defined chart? ...

How to attach legend frame to chart frame?
I moved the legend of a chart inside the chart such thatthe legend fram aligns with the chart frame. However, it turns out that it onl *appears* to be aligned -- when I look at the print preview (or simpl print it) or when I export the whole chart to other applications suc as MS-Word, the two frames do not lign up at all. Likewise when I onl chage the zoom factor. Moreover, even within the Excel standard view, the alignment get distorted almost every time I enter and exit the chart (even when make no changes to the chart whatsoever). Is there any way to tell Excel to permanently attach the ...

treeview item's icon changed to dark when it was cutted
// clear cut state TreeView_SetItemState( hwnd, hItemCut, 0, TVIS_CUT ) ; // set cut state TreeView_SetItemState( hwnd, hItemCut, TVIS_CUT,TVIS_CUT ) ; When I cutted the item,its icon changed to dark.I hope it changes to a little vague,just like windows explorer.I can change item's icon by myself without setting TVIS_CUT state,but does it mean TVIS_CUT is useless if I do that? Also I tried to use overlay image to get the effect but failed. I haven't had much luck with that one either. You could try to use custom draw to change your fonts on selected items: http://msdn2.microsoft...

Can the Playback Rate for WMP be Changed?
See Subject. I want to slow down the playback. You might get more definitive results on this in the microsoft.public.windowsmedia newsgroups (there are several of them; probably the player one is the one you want) W. eWatson wrote: > See Subject. I want to slow down the playback. W. eWatson wrote: > See Subject. I want to slow down the playback. Yet tried the Play -> Play Speed menu? VanguardLH wrote: > W. eWatson wrote: > >> See Subject. I want to slow down the playback. > > Yet tried the Play -> Play Speed menu? Ah, ha. Thanks. ...

Filter Lookup for Responsible Contact in CASE when Customer is sel
Hi, I have tried one of the posted article as below and understand how it works. But I hope the responsible contact will list up in the lookup window when the related customer is selected. Anyone offers help? Thanks. //Limit the entities one can choose of crmForm.all.customerid.lookuptypes="2"; crmForm.all.customerid.lookuptypenames="contact:2"; alert("1a"); //Change the default lookup type if (crmForm.all.regardingobjectid != null) { crmForm.all.regardingobjectid.setAttribute("defaulttype", "2"); alert("2a"); } ...

Jon Peltier
Jon, How would you do this with a Pivot Table? I'm not a Pivot Table novice and I just can't envision how this one would be done. Thanks, Barb Hi Barb - I didn't see this question at first, but I responded in the original thread. I didn't try to replicate the OP's one column setup from his first post, because it didn't match the more logical arrangement in his post in the other forum. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Barb Reinhardt wrote: > Jon, > ...

Change paths to linked external data
Hello. I have a database that has 3 external links in it: 1 is to a table in another Access Database. One is to an excel spread sheet. And, the third is to a .csv file. Is there a way in VBA to change the paths to these? Basically, i want to set up a form where the user can specify the new paths in text boxes if any of these files are moved. Anybody help me out? (Access 2007) cyb3rwolf wrote: >Hello. I have a database that has 3 external links in it: 1 is to a table >in another Access Database. One is to an excel spread sheet. And, the third >is to a .csv...

Change Names of Legend
Hello, I understand that you change the actual text that appears in the legend, not the font of it. I tried to follow the example given on this site and doesn't work. Here is the formula for one of the markers in the Chart. The formula refers to 2 markers on the chart. I would like one marker in the legend to be "plastic" and the other "hardware" =SERIES(,Sheet1!$C$2:$C$28,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$28,1) Thank you very much for your help. This is for a presentation due on Monday. -- Thank you... Elaine Normally I wouldn't reply, but since the real experts may be of...

XL 2007 : Noty able to move data values in XY Scatter chart
Hi All, In Excel 2003 I can move data values (scattered points) in XY Scatter chart however this functionality is not working in Excel 2007. Any help? Tushar - Search Google for "excel 2007 deprecate chart" and one of the results is http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/2006/08/28/724641.aspx which says "Direct Manipulation of Data Points on Charts In Previous versions of Excel, data points on a chart could be dragged, resulting in their source values being changed on the worksheet. This seldom used feature has been deprecated for Excel 2007." - Mike http://www...

Unable to go back online with SOF
I was checking the offline capabilities of SOF but now I can't go back online. It gives me "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.". I can access the website perfectly from that machine. Is there a place where I can check what the specified domain is? -- Development Consultant Asyst International - South Africa Microsoft CRM - South Africa Open Forum http://www.asyst.co.za/crmforum HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM Have you tried removing the crmaddin.dll and re-adding it? I would recommend retracing what the user did (assuming ...

How do I change a budgeted amount without changing previous budgets?
A newbie question I'm sure. My rent changed this month. When I change the budgeted amount, it changes (trashes) my budget for all previous months. How do change a budgeted amount for ONLY a specific time period? Thanks. Steve in Seattle ...

Change left bar and top bar names on Order screen
Ok, I guess this could be the left bar and top bar names for any screen, but I'm specifically asking about the Order screen. I have a client that wants to change "Create Invoice" at the top to "Close". They also want to change "Write-In Products" to "Write-In Rooms". Where do I change these? I don't see them as options in the customization screens, even in the N:1 and 1:N areas. On Sep 23, 2:18=A0pm, Wayne Walton <waynek...@gmail.com> wrote: > Ok, I guess this could be the left bar and top bar names for any > screen, but I'm ...

Charts: want to assign fixed color for each slice
Hi folks, I am using excel 2000. Am creating two pie charts. Chart 1 contains six people, Chart 2 contains 3 people. Let's say the Excel default color sequence is: Red, Blue, Yellow, Purple, Green, Pink Chart 1 will be: Alex Red Billy Blue Charles Yellow David Purple Edward Green Frank Pink Chart 2 will be: Billy Red Charles Blue Frank Yellow However, this is not what i want. How can I assign 1 color to each person... so that Billy is always = blue, while Charles is always = yellow. and Frank is always = pink. Thanks a lot. cheers Jon Peltier has instructions at the end of his p...

Track changes 05-04-10
In Word 2007 how can I turn track changes off so that it's off once and for all? I turned it off, saved and closed the document just to find track changes on when I reopen the document. On the Review tab, click Accept | Accept All Changes in Document. Then click Track Changes | Track Changes (or press Ctrl+Shift+E) to turn off the feature. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Edges" <Edges@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:233EA650-42E4-4CF7-BD05-8B3F5DB97343@microsoft.com... > In Word 2007 how can I turn t...

Cell fill color changes by itself
I have a user who has excel worksheets that they use fill colors. These are colors that they use all the time. Suddenly when she opens the sheets, the colors change by themselves even though no one has changed them. When another user opens the same document, they are the correct colors. It seems random as sometimes the document shows the correct fill colors. ...

Formatting date fields
I could not seem to find the format syntax. I want to format a date field to display '------' when there is no date to print in a record. Can this be done? If no-one has a better suggestion then you can create a second field in your query with iif(IsNull(MyDate),Format(MyDate,"dd/mm/yy"),"----"). Show this field for display purposes and keep the real field for sorting and calculations. Evi "BobC" <Bob.NoSpammm@cox.net> wrote in message news:Kslzj.16736$097.15342@newsfe21.lga... > I could not seem to find the format syntax. > I want to format ...

Changing default font for composed mail in Windows Live
When I compose a New Email Message, the Text Font is Segoe UI, size = 10, color = black. I have selected "Tools", "Options", "Compose" and changed the font settings for Mail to 12 pt. Comic Sans MS and then Apply and OK but when I click on Compose a New email the changes did not take. Thanks Tools | Options | Compose. Is anything at all showing in the stationery section? Some stationery will only send in specific fonts and sizes. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Rick" <Rick@discussions....

How do I show yyyy only on x axis of a chart?
I did not use a formula for the date (4-digit year only) in column A, I manually entered the years. When I attempt to create a chart, the years either show up as 1, 2, 3, etc or as m/d/yyyy with the year showing in all instances as 1900. Can you help me enter the yyyy only on the x axis of the chart? Unfortunately there is no option for yyyy in "format cells>date". Hi, The answer depends on the version of Excel you are using. 2003: Select the chart and choose Chart, Source Data, Series tab, and delete the Year series from the Series box. Then select the Category (X) ...

How do you distribute global changes? (format strings etc) GP 9.0
This one is stumping me for the moment. In brief, the client needs to be able to enter phone numbers that are not compatable with the canned Phone_Number format and data types. I was able to make the change on my test machine easily enough, but I am uncertain if there are any gotchas in the distribution process. I found a knowledge base article that tells me I will need to copy Forms.dic and Dynamics.vba to the client machines. But, does it matter what order I do that in as regards my other modifications? I have a .cnk file, as well as simple modifed forms and reports (with and witho...

Automatically change field color if data entered
Hi, I would like to have a cell change color (let's say from white to yellow) if I enter data in the cell. Assume I have a workbook with empty cells. I enter my name in cell A1 as soon as I move to cell A2, cell A1 changes color to yellow. Is that possible? thx. "Gertjan" <gjalink@wxs.nl> wrote in message news:0c2301c35752$766aee80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to have a cell change color (let's say from > white to yellow) if I enter data in the cell. > Assume I have a workbook with empty cells. > I enter my name in cell A1 as soon as...