Text inserting in Shapes

Is there are shapes in visio that text can be inserted in the top and bottom
of the shape (in two locations). I see shapes that appear to have space for
two sections but I can not insert text into both locations - it only allows
text in one slot or the other but not both. Is there a specific shape or a
trick to changing the characteristics of a shape to allow for a shape to
enter text in two locations?
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Any Visio shape can have a single text block
A shape can be a group of other shapes
A text block can be edited to be a different size and rotation to the
bounding rectangle of the shape it is part of (use the Text Block tool)

Therefore, you can achieve what you want by drawing two rectangles and
grouping them.
You can then sub-select each rectangle to add text to it.
This would actually create three shapes - the group shape and two sub
shapes.  You could be more efficient by creating one rectangle and just
grouping it, because 2 shapes would be created, however, you would then need
to edit the text blocks to get the effect you want.

Of course, you could turn the lines off if you want....

Visio is extremely flexible.

"Cooper#4" <Cooper#4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there are shapes in visio that text can be inserted in the top and
> bottom
> of the shape (in two locations). I see shapes that appear to have space
> for
> two sections but I can not insert text into both locations - it only
> allows
> text in one slot or the other but not both. Is there a specific shape or a
> trick to changing the characteristics of a shape to allow for a shape to
> enter text in two locations?

0
davidp1 (199)

In Visio how can I link a shape to a word file
I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? On Tue, 31 May 2005 05:57:21 -0700, BB1066 <BB1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as >buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? Select the shape then from the 'Insert' menu select 'Hyperlinks'. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ SanDriLa - SDL/MSC/TTCN/UML2 application for Visio http...

Printer does not print all text
For some reason one of my Publisher file is not printing all the text; only about 75% of the text is there. I have tried to print from a different computer but have the same problem. On screen, everything looks right and great. I am using Publisher 2007. Andy help would be appreciated. You might want to check the manufacturer's web site of your printer model for an upgraded driver. If you think your present driver is correct, uninstall it and then re-install. It is always wise to completely remove a printer driver before installing/reinstalling. How to clean up printer drivers...

Wrap Text for Merged Cells
Hi, Can somebody post some good VBA macro for wrapping text in case of merged cells (merged rows as well as merged colums or both merged rows and columns). Lot has been posted in this regard till now but i could'nt find any perfect solution to this. Please help. Mvrk If you've seen lots of code that has been posted, yet you don't say what makes that code "not perfect", how do you expect anyone to respond to your post? Should responders just guess what "perfect" means to you? Try posting back with more information - what you've tried, why it didn...

How do I move text to beside (rather than after) a photo?
I have MS Word 2007. When I place a photo or text box onto a page, I can't then get text to enter beside it. The cursor will only go to the side just above or below the photo. How do I enter text alongside the picture? Change the text wrapping on the photo or text box to Square. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Mrs Mainster" <Mrs Mainster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C43DF85-E305-4DEC-8F8A-3BF1D544FF62@microsoft.com... >I have MS Word 2007. > When...

Outlook Express 6 change text format to HTML
All my incoming mail is plain text, and I've tried everything to my knowledge to convert my email to receive html format. All my emails usually come in HTML format from before. Does anyone know how to fix this on the OE6 version? Thanks. All is okay!!! I found the answer on another email and it worked fine. >-----Original Message----- >All my incoming mail is plain text, and I've tried >everything to my knowledge to convert my email to receive >html format. All my emails usually come in HTML format >from before. Does anyone know how to fix this on the OE...

Toolbar buttons (text and bitmaps) are disappearing, when using with MFC CToolBar class
Guys, help me to sovle the following problem I have a MFC SDI application (Vc++ 6.0) ( 2 Threads, UI and data acqusition thread). The UI is having a simple toolbar control with text and bitmap. The problem is once i run this application after doing some gui operation (like invoking some dialog box changing to diffrent view) the toolbar button is getting disappeared. sometimes the fonts of the toolbar button is getting changed or sometimes when i move the mouse over the toolbar, the buttons is slowly going away( only back ground color of rebar is comming. Is there any methods to debug this ki...

What is the formula to convert a whole column containing date to text?
What is the formula to convert a whole column of date to text? If I am to do it cell by cell, I need to press F2 then put a --> ' in front of the date. Is there a way I can do it with formula? I have tried CONCATENATE to combine column a which contains ' with date 12/31/03. Column A Column B ' 12/31/03 =CONCATENATE(A1,B1) However, the end result I got is as follow. '37986 instead of '12/31/03 Please help! Hi Caine one way: =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy") where A1 stores your date value. Copy this down ...

Line Item Comment Text On Forms
Good morning. I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoices). At present, this field shows but only 4 lines of text and only so wide. I would like to get infinite lines of text with the field growing or shrinking as need be on the form. Would appreciate any advice here. cheap ugg > On Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:50 AM Mark Plaideau wrote: > Good morning. > > > > I am trying to get the line item comment text to appear on my Sales Transaction entry forms (i.e. quotes, orders, and invoi...

Insert Landscape within Portrait
I'm having trouble programming a template to insert a new A3 landscape page within an existing A4 portrait page. I want to produce A4/A3/A4 where the A4 page already has text. I have done this successfully (well it seems to be) with A4 Portrait/A4 Landscap/A4 Portrait, and have been trying unsuccessfully to do the same with A3 Landscape for days! Can anyone help? The code I am using (and I know it's probably inefficient) is: Sub InsertA3Landscape() With Selection .InsertNewPage .InsertBreak Type:=wdSectionBreakContinuous E...

Disappearing text
Previously inserted text disappears and blinks on the screen, then disappears again. How and where do I find it? I would look for a video driver upgrade from the manufacturer's web site. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dismayed" <Dismayed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9CBBF8E-CA4B-455A-B29F-869B03F796F6@microsoft.com... > Previously inserted text disappears and blinks on the screen, then disappears > again. How and where do I find it? ...

UDF Drawing Shape Not Re-Positioning
Hello, I created two (2) User Defined Equations (UDF). The second UDF changes the size of a circle and repositions it with reference to a circle from the first UDF. When a user changes the value of cell, the diameter of the inside circle will change and should re-position it to always touch the bottom of the outside circle. However, when the user changes diameter, the position will not update until the cell (with the UDF) is double clicked + enter, or ctrl+alt+f9 is pressed. I=92ve tried Application.Volatile with no luck. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks! Fun...

Inserting pictures into cells
We are trying to insert pictures into cells that can be deleted when you delete the row. Insert a picture as normal Right click and go into format picture choose properties, and check move and size with cells then when you move, resize or delete cell/row the pciture will b delete -- Lynxbci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1037 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31489 This will not delete the picture Use F5 objects after you do ...

Convert text to Combo
Hi, I have some 20,000 entires populating a text filed that ideally should be a combo box. I'm looking for the best way forwards with this and wonder if there is any alternatives for what I need to do. The data in the text field needs to be restricted to a small number of options, I'm thinking that I need a combo box for this but then the original data will be in a different field. Is it possible to create a new combo box and then populate it with the data from the text field retrospectively or is there some other way forward for this problem? I would be very gra...

Change Text Case to Upper in a cell range A2:A92
I have a workbook of Contacts. In column A there are Names. I wish to convert those to UPPER case. I've seen a few VB codes that change the case to UPPER if I change something in the cell, GREAT if I want to go through the entire Column and change something. But is there another way? "Barry" wrote: > I have a workbook of Contacts. In column A there are Names. I wish to > convert those to UPPER case. I've seen a few VB codes that change the case > to UPPER if I change something in the cell, GREAT if I want to go through > the entire Column and change s...

Issue with Insert Safari URL's v1.0.1 or My Web Page
This message is for Barry Wainwright: I have sent you two email and I suspect my ISP (att.yahoo) trashed them due to your personal domain name for email. Please send me a message to arkay at qsl.net and I will try to reply with the message that ATT trashed. ===== I have been using your Insert Safari URLs v1.0.1 with Entourage 2008 12.2.3 under OSX 10.6.2 for some time and works great until I quote my personal web page. I may have an html error in my web page header and would appreciate your comments. The format that looks correct when it goes out via Entourage but is hos...

Printing w/o text boxes
Is it possible to set up individual sheets to print without the text boxes included? We have instructions that we would like not to print. Select the area(s) you do want to print and then go File>Print Area>Set Print Area when you save this information will remain with the file. "GJR3599" wrote: > Is it possible to set up individual sheets to print without the text boxes > included? We have instructions that we would like not to print. Select your text boxes. If you have lots & lots of them, you can do this quickly by pressing the F5 key, clicking on the Spec...

TEXT function international dates
Hi I have a workbook that uses the formula TEXT(mydate, "mmm-yy") to convert dates into text strings. In my English version of Excel it is working fine. The problem is that I share this spreadsheets with users that have a French version of Excel and for them it's not working right. The referenced cell say '01/03/09' displays 'Mar-09' for me, whereas for them it will be 'mar-aa'. --French format for dates is 'jj/mm/aa' instead of 'dd/mm/yy'. Is there any solution? I do need to keep the text conversion as I use the result to concaten...

a macro to PROPER text
I would like a macro that would set the "proper" format for the cell selected. Thanks Hi Sub SetProper() Dim c As Range For Each c In Selection c.Value = WorksheetFunction.Proper(c.Value) Next End Sub -- Regards Roger Govier "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC3A20F6-4A19-4D8D-B2D5-655BCB12B644@microsoft.com... > I would like a macro that would set the "proper" format for the cell > selected. > Thanks Thanks. That worked very well. I had thought that to use this macro I could replace &quo...

How to convert text in a graphic file into normal text that MSWord
I have text in a jpec or gif file. How do I convert that to normal text that MSWord can process? You'd have to use OCR software (Optical Character Recognition). Office comes with something called Microsoft Document Imaging, which does a pretty decent job, but it only reads a limited number of graphics formats (I had to convert jpg's to tif's). It may not have been installed on your computer by default -- you may have to get out your Office distribution disk. My HP all-in-one also came with OCR, but I haven't found a way to get it to read a file that it didn't j...

Modifying linked text boxes?
I have Publisher 2003 document that has linked text boxes that cover about 4 and a half pages. The first text box starts at the bottom half of a page. What is the easiest way to change the linked text boxes so that it starts at the top of the next page. In other words, I want to eliminate the first text box at the bottom half. I cannot break the link on the text box and delete it. The text is elimated in the other boxes. If I try to squish the text box, then the text overflows to the next page and I almost have what I want, but I still have a small remnant of the squished box on the...

Insert Row and Formula
I tried really hard to find this myself, but failed. I have a worksheet containing 5 separate blocks of data (own headings, column titles, etc); some of the cells contain formula. I want a macro that wll insert a row when a block is filled ( in column "H" actually), copying the formula as well. This needs to work on all the blocks when the same condition is met. Can anyone help me? Many thanks David You should try turning on the "LIST" feature for each of your datasets. Put your cursor in the data and press CTRL-L to activate the "List"...

Counting BOLD text
Can anyone please advise me how I can count only the "BOLD"[B]" text i a column??? I cannot sort the column, it will mess up the integrity.. HELP?? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com try Sub countbold() For Each c In Selection If c.Font.Bold = True Then _ boldcount = boldcount + 1 Next MsgBox boldcount End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jake lamotta" <jake.lamotta.xghfz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in...

outlook web access
Hello, Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" in the top left corner. The same thing happens when I open a new message. Any ideas? Amy "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA46A8B-3116-4850-BE0F-AB2B9590F20A@microsoft.com... > Thanks in advance for your help. I am using outlook web access. When I > attempt to reply to a message, the text box just has a box with a red "X" > in > the top left corner. The same t...

Missing Text on Reply or Forward
When replying to or forwarding a message, some text from the original message is deleted and the signature lines have extra line feeds. ...

My calc key on Excel changes box to "Text" Box and doesn't calc ?
My Calc key doesn't function. Cursor arrow is a crossed arrow and when I click on the Calc key all I get is the Text Box sign around it and no calculation. I've had Excel re-installed but no improvement. Can anyone help please ? Thanks. Jack ...