Text cutt off when edditing in Gantt Chart

hi guys,
Visio Standard  2002

I'm double clicking a text box in Gantt chart and it cuts off some of the
text, I press ESC to exit the box but text remains edited (or half missing),
it can be restored only by undoing the action. I tried to find settings which
would cause limitation in character numbers in a text box but nothing comes
up.
please help, my chart becomes useless as I can not edit.

Thank you lots!!!
0
ingulita (5)
11/11/2007 10:40:00 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 14:40:00 -0800, ingulita
<ingulita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi guys,
>Visio Standard  2002
>
>I'm double clicking a text box in Gantt chart and it cuts off some of the
>text, I press ESC to exit the box but text remains edited (or half missing),
>it can be restored only by undoing the action. I tried to find settings which
>would cause limitation in character numbers in a text box but nothing comes
>up.
>please help, my chart becomes useless as I can not edit.

Have you got another shape immediately below the text block?
Try menu -> Shape -> Order -> Bring to Front

If that doesn't help, look at the shape's shapesheet (menu Window ->
Show Shapesheet). What settings do you have in the TextTransform
section?

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd
http://www.electronic-chip-packages.sandrila.co.uk/

Here're Shape Transform details:
widht - Column.3!Width
Height- Row!Height
Angle- 0 deg
PinX - Column.3!Pinx
PinY - Row!PinY
Flipx - False
FlipY - False
ResizeMode - 0
LocPinX - Width*0
LocPinY - Height*1

Is this an information you requested? Please let me know if I missed
something.
Thanks for your help again!!!

"Paul Herber" wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 14:40:00 -0800, ingulita
> <ingulita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >hi guys,
> >Visio Standard  2002
> >
> >I'm double clicking a text box in Gantt chart and it cuts off some of the
> >text, I press ESC to exit the box but text remains edited (or half missing),
> >it can be restored only by undoing the action. I tried to find settings which
> >would cause limitation in character numbers in a text box but nothing comes
> >up.
> >please help, my chart becomes useless as I can not edit.
> >

> Have you got another shape immediately below the text block?
> Try menu -> Shape -> Order -> Bring to Front
>
> If that doesn't help, look at the shape's shapesheet (menu Window ->
> Show Shapesheet). What settings do you have in the TextTransform
> section?
>

> --
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd
> http://www.electronic-chip-packages.sandrila.co.uk/

0
ingulita (5)
11/15/2007 10:06:04 PM
No, the TextTransform section.

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:06:04 -0800, ingulita

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd
http://www.electronic-chip-packages.sandrila.co.uk/
Hi Paul,
There's no text trasnform box coming up. maybe because it's a Gantt chart
the text is in shapes not in text boxes?
can I email you the file? sorry I don't mean to sound abrupt but I have no
other options here.

Thanks again!!!

"Paul Herber" wrote:

> No, the TextTransform section.
>

> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:06:04 -0800, ingulita
> <ingulita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi Paul,
> >Thanks for your message.
> >I tried bringing the shape forward , it didn't work.
> >
> >Here're Shape Transform details:
> >widht - Column.3!Width
> >Height- Row!Height
> >Angle- 0 deg
> >PinX - Column.3!Pinx
> >PinY - Row!PinY
> >Flipx - False
> >FlipY - False
> >ResizeMode - 0
> >LocPinX - Width*0
> >LocPinY - Height*1
> >
> >Is this an information you requested? Please let me know if I missed
> >something.
> >Thanks for your help again!!!
> >
> >"Paul Herber" wrote:

> >> Have you got another shape immediately below the text block?
> >> Try menu -> Shape -> Order -> Bring to Front
> >>
> >> If that doesn't help, look at the shape's shapesheet (menu Window ->
> >> Show Shapesheet). What settings do you have in the TextTransform
> >> section?
>

> --
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd
> http://www.electronic-chip-packages.sandrila.co.uk/

0
ingulita (5)
11/15/2007 11:21:01 PM
Yes, ok.
The reply-to email address is valid. (the from address obviously
isn't).

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:21:01 -0800, ingulita
<ingulita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>There's no text trasnform box coming up. maybe because it's a Gantt chart
>the text is in shapes not in text boxes?
>can I email you the file? sorry I don't mean to sound abrupt but I have no
>other options here.
>
>Thanks again!!!
>

>"Paul Herber" wrote:
>
>> No, the TextTransform section.
>>

>> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:06:04 -0800, ingulita
>> <ingulita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi Paul,
>> >Thanks for your message.
>> >I tried bringing the shape forward , it didn't work.
>> >
>> >Here're Shape Transform details:
>> >widht - Column.3!Width
>> >Height- Row!Height
>> >Angle- 0 deg
>> >PinX - Column.3!Pinx
>> >PinY - Row!PinY
>> >Flipx - False
>> >FlipY - False
>> >ResizeMode - 0
>> >LocPinX - Width*0
>> >LocPinY - Height*1
>> >
>> >Is this an information you requested? Please let me know if I missed
>> >something.
>> >Thanks for your help again!!!

>> --
>> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd
>> http://www.electronic-chip-packages.sandrila.co.uk/

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/
Paul, I've just email it to you, could you please confirm if you've got it?

Cheers

"Paul Herber" wrote:

> Yes, ok.
> The reply-to email address is valid. (the from address obviously
> isn't).
>
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:21:01 -0800, ingulita
> <ingulita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi Paul,
> >There's no text trasnform box coming up. maybe because it's a Gantt chart
> >the text is in shapes not in text boxes?
> >can I email you the file? sorry I don't mean to sound abrupt but I have no
> >other options here.
> >
> >Thanks again!!!
> >

> >"Paul Herber" wrote:
> >
> >> No, the TextTransform section.

> >> --
> >> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd
> >> http://www.electronic-chip-packages.sandrila.co.uk/
> >>

> --
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/

0
ingulita (5)
11/16/2007 12:13:00 AM
it came back, please email me email is inga.kasimis@originenergy.com.au

"ingulita" wrote:

> Paul, I've just email it to you, could you please confirm if you've got it?
>
> Cheers
>
> "Paul Herber" wrote:
>
> > Yes, ok.
> > The reply-to email address is valid. (the from address obviously
> > isn't).
> >
> > On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:21:01 -0800, ingulita
> > <ingulita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi Paul,
> > >There's no text trasnform box coming up. maybe because it's a Gantt chart
> > >the text is in shapes not in text boxes?
> > >can I email you the file? sorry I don't mean to sound abrupt but I have no
> > >other options here.
> > >
> > >Thanks again!!!

> > --
> > Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> > Visio Utilities           http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/

0
ingulita (5)
11/16/2007 12:16:04 AM
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:13:00 -0800, ingulita
<ingulita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Paul, I've just email it to you, could you please confirm if you've got it?

Arrived. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

show another column when hovering on a point in a chart
Is it possible to show another column when you hover on a point? I have 3 columns, A, B, and C for a scatter plot I have B and C as x and y coordinates of a point, and I'd like to have Excel show A when I hover on the point. thanks, Wei ...

Sorting Alphanumeric values in a text field
I'm using Access 2003 for a database for my company. I have a field in a table that has both text and numbers. They are part numbers, for example 21BC124. I kept the field as text because of the text with in the numbers and didn't figure that a numeric field would alow the text. In my part numbers table it sorts correctly (first by number then by letter then by number again), but in my reports and queries there are a few number that sort in the wrong place. Like this... 20D10-3 21BC123 21BC128 22D10 25TD47 21FA101 21FA200 25FA203 38FA601 21FP604 38WS100 I can't quite f...

Has Anyone ever seen a chart like this?
Looking for some help. I need to know what this column chart is called? Or how to make it? 'CLick Here to View Chart' (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=163585&anum=11244) I can't find any option in Excel to make this chart. Maybe it was not made in Excel? Or I need a specific plugin? -- TsunamiBob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TsunamiBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36202 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=559874 Hi, It...

charting newdata
Formula or VBA? I am trying to create a formula to assign a region to populate a chart. I know there is a way to use the OFFSET function to point ot a certain section of a data sheet, but what if i insert a line between the title and the data.(done programmactically)? the problem is that inserted lines do not automatically include into the data range for a chart. The data wants to be sorted from newest to oldest. Would it be easier to create a formula to assign a 'chart data area' or simply reassign the data area every time the table is updated Thanks for the input. ...

How do I get text to copy from one cell to another ?
Type = in the target cell. MouseClick the cell containing text. Pres Enter key -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27034 ...

Core Chart
Need a picture of an opened sphere showing core and layers. Can you help? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Isabel <ialduen@catholiccharitiesden.com>... > Need a picture of an opened sphere showing core and layers. a) The core of what? A black hole? An apple? A nuclear power plant? b) This is a Microsoft Publisher group. Your question is hardly relavent to the topic of discussion really. Why did you choose this group? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer...

if statement with text
I am trying to create an if statement where the string of text contains total, if yes then perform calculation base on that row and column. if no total in text leave blank help =IF(ISERROR(FIND("Total", A1)),"",-yourCalculation-) FIND returns #VALUE if "Total" is not in A1 Therefore, ISERROR returns False if "Total" is in A1 (i.e., it was found, no error) HTH, -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "jerry" <jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E249057A-F6E4-45BF-929A-B2BB61C3A700@micro...

Hierarchy Pyramid Chart
Is there a way (Excel 02), to create a chart that is in the shape of a pyramid/triange (i.e. like a pie graph, but in a triangle instead)??? It doesn't seem to be an option, but maybe some type of addin??? Thanks in advance Nevermind - I realized that the pyramid is actually a diagram. So I inserted a Diagram - Organizational Chart instead and it's just what I needed!!! "Keep It Simple Stupid" wrote: > Is there a way (Excel 02), to create a chart that is in the shape of a > pyramid/triange (i.e. like a pie graph, but in a triangle instead)??? > It doesn't ...

convert text in excel to uppercase
Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all uppercase? In VBA Editor Sub MakeUpper() Dim MySht As Worksheet, MyCell As Range For Each MySht In ThisWorkbook.Sheets For Each MyCell In MySht.UsedRange.Cells MyCell = UCase(MyCell) Next Next End Sub "elaine" wrote: > Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all > uppercase? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "elaine" <elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> s...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

How can I reset the default pie chart label "Other" to "Equity"?
I show Cash, Equities, and Fixed Income in the large pie to the left. The equity slice is further split into large, medium, and small. The problem is that the Equity slice gets relabeled as "Other". When I manuallly change it back to Equity, I lose the ability to link to any new data...so I can't use the pie chart as a template that would allow me to put new data in the table and have the pie chart adjust automaticially. How can I reset the default pie chart label to "Equity"? or is there another solution. Instead of making pie charts (which are notor...

Chart Wizard #5
Does excel 2007 have a chart wizard? If so, how do I access it? The chart wizard no longer exists in Excel 2007, RIP. You create a chart using the various chart buttons on the Insert tab, then struggle through the three Chart Tools contextual tabs looking for the controls to set up the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Liberty" <Liberty @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C1186EF-4C15-4E3D-A642-D0EA334C1192@microsoft.com... > Does excel...

Provide space in text
Where text and numbers are at different locations in different cells what formula could be used to suit this type of information. I want to be able to put a space between the main body of text on the left and give a space between the text and the start of any numbers are in the cell. Example 1: A1 = Abelia Edward Goucher2 litre Should be: Abelia Edward Goucher 2 litre Example 2: A2 = Acer campestre Nanum180stem 6-8 Should be: Acer campestre Nanum 180stem 6-8 Thankyou if can be of help. Pat If you double clcik in the cell with the data then you can move th blink line to were you wan...

Easy dynamic chart.
Creating a dynamic chart is difficult, there should be a dynamic chart wizard that will create it with you. Also if my serie value is a name range, it would be nice to just right the Name range directly not with the complex formula. ='xyz.xlsx'!name range but just name range. xyz and name range is a fictive value. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Find a text
Hi all I am trying to find a text and delate a Row if the text is in the row. But I am not sure how to do it. Can someone help me? Option Explicit Sub FindText() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If Cell = "Samtals hreyfing:" Then ‚the text Samtals hreyfing sin in in the column E:E ‚If the text Samtals hreyfing: is in the row then I want to delete the Row End If Next Cell End Sub I think you may be looking for this... Sub FindText() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Columns("E")) ...

Help with formula: finding text
Hi, I would like to ask for help with a formula for comparing name in a cell with a list of names in a table. If there is a match it should return a associated text to the matched name from the table. If no match it should just leave the cell blank. Thanks in advance Jonas Hi =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "Jonas Ornborg" wrote: > Hi, > I would like to ask for help with a formula for comparing name in a cell > with a list of names in a table. If there is a match...

Halfway through my publisher document the text starts scrambling
I am in the middle of a Publisher document that I have to get out ASAP and the words are scrmbling all of a sudden; for instance instead of the it prints out eht. HELP!! Might try an updated printer driver. What version Publisher are you using? What printer? What version Windows? Canon has issues with Publisher 98 and Windows 98 How to troubleshoot text printing (inkjet printers) in Publisher 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198258&Product=pub PUB2000: Troubleshooting Text Printing (Laser Printers) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198...

Custumize Chart Tittle Description
How can I make the Chart Tittle to be equal to a specific cell located in one sheet. For example, I have a description on the cell "D10" located in the sheetname "Black" . I want this description to be the Chart Tittle because is a number that will change in the daily basic. I have been using this formula "=Black!D10"; however, is not working. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Click on the title, type =, and then click on D10 on Black. Or click on the title, and type =Black!$D$10 -- Rob Powered by Creative Laziness "Maperalia" wrote: > How can I...

My charts do not show when moved as a separate chart tab...
In excel 2007 my charts are displayed when inserted in a a sheet but they do not show when moved as separate tabs ...

GENERATE a TEXT FILE Using INPUT from a Form ??
I need to generate a Text file using (partly) information entered by the user on a form. I already have the TEMPLATE for the text file......I need to generate a COPY of the file with the word entered by the user into the form INSERTED into the text file. The text file is actually code for a web page (will have an .htm extension). The file is simply an exact copy of an existing template with only ONE ITEM of the text changed to a word that is entered into a form by a user. Example: One line within the template file is: "We have several of these items available in BLUE." I have...