Site plans and property lines

Visio 5 had a nice Macro for entering a set of propert lines with bearings
and lengths.
This is ommited from Visio 2002.  Instead there is just a shape in the
annotations stencil for a single property line.
This would be OK except there is no way to enter the required bearing in
degrees, minutes and seconds with compass directions (N S E or W)
Instead I have to figure out what the cirresponding angle would be and enter
that.

How dumb is that?

--
Barry Milliken

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

how to paste data from word with line breaks (^l) to excel
whenever pasting a table from word to excel with cells containig line breaks, excel unmerges those having ^l into separate cells of line instead of seeing all those line breaks as "hard" carriage returns like ALT+ENTER. Any advice for keeping those line breaks in one cell so that no alignment problem will rise? Dave Peterson posted instructions in the following message: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=40F325DA.1B131B76%40msn.com vixenyx wrote: > whenever pasting a table from word to excel with cells > containig line breaks, excel unmerges those having...

Modify Font on Link Bar Buttons Set default Font for entire Site
1. I have used Web Component Link Bar graphical style based on the 'Satin' theme. It seems to use font Verdana size 10 pt. I want to letters smaller using Tahoma 10 pt. 2. I went to Insert Web Component window, selected the block of four 'Satin' bars, found no way to modify 3. I had already gone to Tools, Page Options, Default Fonts, set Design View Fonts Tahoma and and Code View Font Tahoma size 10. Here I had no option to set size for Design View. How can I set uniform font Tahoma size 10 throughout the Site for all pages existing and future in one stroke? ...

=> AutoFilter
AutoFilter - Amount of shown lines (LineCount) ================================= I want to get the Amount of Lines of an AutoFilter result. (the amount of lines shown after I made my AutoFilter choice) How can this be done? {Excel or Excel-VBA) I'm looking for something like: CountAutofilterResult(Range) Thanks for your Help Alexander Hi Alexander in addition to your answer in the German newsgrou: =SUBTOTAL(3,A1:A100) for a VBA solution have a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Count -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Alexander wrote: > AutoFi...

IE Bombs when accessing sites as standard (non-admin) user on Win2
I have a situation where IE is quitting instantly when a user that isn't in Domain Admins tries accessing any website (internal or external). Server is 2003 Terminal Services with SP2 Client doesn't appear to matter Symptoms: Normal user double-clicks IE which opens, then immediately closes. This is occurring on 5 out of 8 servers in a TS farm! I've found that if I set the default home page to "about:blank" IE opens fine, but as soon as I try to access *any* page at all, it closes instantly. o No errors that I can see in any of the Event Logs. o I...

select a line
Hello group, How can I mark a specific line of a lists control when focus is on other controls? I know there is SetSelectionMark() fucntion but that doesn't work for this purpose. Thanks in advance, pmyListCtrl->SetItemState(n, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED); M "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uH9wP5gtEHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello group, > > How can I mark a specific line of a lists control when focus is on other > controls? I know there is SetSelectionMark() fucntion but that doesn't > work > for this purpo...

Delete a line that matches certain criteria!
Hi all, I currently have a list of all our user names and computers in ou organization. The computer names all end with a '$' symbol. I woul like to delete all the rows that contain the '$' symbol. Is thi possible? Example of spreadsheet below: ADAM_BURTON$ ADAM_BURTON$ ADAMB Adam Burton Pickup Accounts Pickup Adamben Adam Bennett AdamS Adam Seiles ADAMSEILES$ ADAMSEILES$ Adelef Adele Foster ANDREWLAPTOP$ AG_LAPTOP$ aileenc Aileen Cox AILEENCOX$ AILEENCOX$ AILSAM A...

IF is true then resume not next line but one after?
I have the statement:- val1 = range("a1").value i now want to say if val1 = "" then miss next line and carry on. Cany anybody assist -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! You could turn it round: if val1<>"" then {do the next line} else {do the one after} end if --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If val1 <> "" Then Msgbox "This is next line" HTH. Best wishes Harald "ianripping >" <<ianripping.16g5v5@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i melding news:ianripping.16g5v5@excel...

View column position or line number in Word 2007?
Ugh. I used to be ablet o see my horizontal column position in Word 2003 and I used to be ble to see the line I was on as well. Both were on the Status Bar. Did those features go away in Word 2007? I can find nothing in Help. Help seems to be very lacking in Word 2007. I am using Windows Xp. Thanks, Natelle Bracken San Diego Right click in the status bar to find those options. Pam Natelle wrote: >Ugh. I used to be ablet o see my horizontal column position in Word 2003 and >I used to be ble to see the line I was on as well. Both were on the Status >Bar. Did ...

Lining up checkboxes.
I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically line up checkboxes. Manually is a pain, especially when I need a lot of them. Anyone kno a quick way to line them up vertically or horizontally so they loo neat? Thanks in advance -- Seru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Serum's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1371 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26474 Serum On a userform? See here http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/09/the_userform_to.html I don't know how to...

How do I get a value of a calculated point on an excel line chart?
I created a line chart in Excel and I wanted to find out if there was a way to find out the value on any particular point on the line (not one of the values I entered to create the line, but one in between)? On a Line or an XY chart? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "klc6778" <klc6778@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA711FAD-0AC7-4644-B987-0AD179CEF776@microsoft.com... >I created a line chart in Excel and I wanted to find out if there was a way > to find out the value on any particular point on the line (not on...

Command line compiler
Hi all, I'm a GNU/Linux developer trying to get comfortable with developing on the Microsoft platform. At work I have Visual Studio 2003 version 7.1.3088. I would like to use a command line compiler, my own Makefile, and my own editor to develop software. I would like to forego the IDE completely. I've read that there's a command line VC++ compiler called cl.exe, and even found it sitting on my hard drive: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin\cl.exe However, when I try to run the command line compiler (just typed "cl.exe"), I get a pop-up w...

Money 2004 On-Line Update
Downloads from my bank are always marked as Reconciled (R) eveb though I do not have the option checked to do so. Yes. "bill l." <billl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CC99D9A-20B4-4C90-BB53-2BBF61D4BFAF@microsoft.com... > Downloads from my bank are always marked as Reconciled (R) eveb though I > do > not have the option checked to do so. Why? It should not, since the "Reconcile" box is not checked under Options. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Yes. > > "bill l." <billl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Converting custom cell properties to text
Hi, I have a column of cells with telephone numbers in it and I wish to convert - or copy and paste these cells - into text format. For example, I have a telephone number as 083270000 and the cell properties (Format > Cells > Category) is listed as "Custom" and the "Type" is listed as "000000000". When I conduct a copy and paste, I lose the preceding zero before the eight. But I need this to remain and I need all the cells in "Text" format! Any ideas on how to do this? Regards Hnelg Format the column as text-go into Format>cells>cu...

Line disappears from combination chart
created bar and line chart - after they are in place, I add a secondary axis which makes the line disappear (however, the series is still included in the range)? Thanks Hi Shevvie, I'm not sure what is going on but try this - instead of creating the chart and then adding a secondary axis, select your data and click the chart wizard, choose the Custom Types tab and then Line - Column on 2 Axes. Complete the chart. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Shevvie" wrote: > created bar and line chart - after they are in place, I add a secondary axis > which makes the line...

Backordered Line Items don't Print on Pick Tickets?
Backordered Line Items don't Print on Pick Tickets? They print on the order and the packing slip but not the pick ticket. Is this normal and is there a way of changing this? Thanks ...

SPAM on this site
Could someone delete all the spam off this site? Thanks in advance. try going to the VISTA site. The nasty stuff that is written on there has made me stop going there for help. Me "Rick Sparks" <RickSparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FC71D3C-37DF-4A0F-9A11-75CC6321511A@microsoft.com... > Could someone delete all the spam off this site? > Thanks in advance. Rick Sparks wrote: > Could someone delete all the spam off this site? > Thanks in advance. This is a newsgroup, not an online web forum. What you are using is a web interface to the...

Web Site Update
Web site updated with: - UTF8 conversion helpers and test program - _T("") decorator macro - Mix ANSI <--> Unicode in Visual C++ 6 http://www.geocities.com/giovanni.dicanio/vc/index.htm G -- Giovanni Dicanio Microsoft Visual C++ MVP Nice start.... Thanks for sharing your code. Tom "Giovanni Dicanio" <invalid@email.it> wrote in message news:ODBM9OAwHHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Web site updated with: > > - UTF8 conversion helpers and test program > - _T("") decorator macro > - Mix ANSI <--> Unicode in Visual C++ 6 ...

How do I add Bcc: line to Outlook messages?
I can't find out how to add a Bcc: line to my email messages. Any help would be greatly appciated. Thanks in advance, George the good. View-> BCC field with Outlook as the editor Little down arrow on the Options button with Word as the editor -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "George the good" <santulli@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:1e15401c4548a$c776acc0$a001280a@phx.gbl... >I can't find out how to add a Bcc: line to my email ...

Want a macro to open the Properties Dialog Box and enter text
I want to be able to open the Properties Dialog and then enter information into it, without having to retype or copy and paste each time. Is this doable with VBA macros? -Jessica Which version? "Jessica Dubey" <jdubey13@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1300374a-0fb1-4ca4-8044-3f996af4adef@a38g2000yqc.googlegroups.com... > I want to be able to open the Properties Dialog and then enter > information into it, without having to retype or copy and paste each > time. Is this doable with VBA macros? > > -Jessica > > __________ Information from E...

How do I add a target line to a chart?
I have a blood pressure spreadsheet and I want to add target diastolic and systolic lines. Is there an easy way to do this? -- DMM Hi, Create two new series, one for each line. For each series all the numbers are the same. Highlight the new data series and copy them. Click on the chart and paste them. If they are not lines, single click one of the new series and choose Chart, Chart Type, and change to a line. Repeat for the other line. Double click one of these lines and on the Patterns tab set the Markers to None. repeat. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "soconfused" w...

cell line pattern prints to close together. how to fix?
I am trying to have the lines print wider appart than having it look like it is a gray filled cell. I am trying to differenciate between something that is gray and used seldomly and something that cannot be used at all. This is for calculation submittals to state for engineering approvals. ...

Can we change line spacing in Excel? (Not row height.)
If the text is too widely spaced apart between sentences in a cell, is there a way we can scrunch them closer together similar to what we can do in a word-processing program when we change line height? Tx. :oD StargateFanFromWork wrote: > If the text is too widely spaced apart between sentences in a cell, is there > a way we can scrunch them closer together similar to what we can do in a > word-processing program when we change line height? Tx. :oD I think you mean character (horizontal) spacing, not line (vertical) spacing. I don't think you can do that with Excel. But yo...

GP flag in the Sales Order set up window for drop ship line items
I suggest a flag that we can set in the Sales Order set up window so we can make an order type of drop ship that will always default to drop ship. Once this happens, then the rest will flow for us because the transfer to P.O. will then generate a drop ship purchase order; our desired result. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...

histogram and a line graph on the same graph?
how can i combine two graphs together? can i superimpose one on top of another? Hi, Say you have 2 series you want to display on a graph with differetn graph type. - Add the 2 series as for a regular graph. Say you use Bar chart for now. - right-click (select) one of the series once displayed, and choose 'Chart Type' from the pop-up menu. Choose Line chart from the dialog. --> now you should have both series displayed with different type (Bar & Line) Now, say the 2 series have different scale, so you want them to be displayed on 2 different Y axis: - right click the ser...