Shear or Skew a complex object in Visio 2003 or 2010

How can I shear an object?

In simple terms, I want to change a rectangle to a parallelogram.
Hovering over with the pencil and changing two of the corners won't
work, because I also want to apply this to a complex object, or even a
group.

I remember being able to do this in Macromedia's Freehand, and found
it very useful.

Thanks

Eddie
0
Eddie
5/1/2010 4:40:54 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Visio doesn't provide that capability.

Wapperdude

"Eddie" wrote:

> How can I shear an object?
>
> In simple terms, I want to change a rectangle to a parallelogram.
> Hovering over with the pencil and changing two of the corners won't
> work, because I also want to apply this to a complex object, or even a
> group.
>
> I remember being able to do this in Macromedia's Freehand, and found
> it very useful.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eddie
> .

Manual uninstall of Exchange 2003
After doing a manual uninstall of Exchange 2003, I need to remove the server from the ESM, but it gives me the following error message: Cannot delete this server because one or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. I made sure to move all mailboxes from the server and removed all public folder replicas prior to uninstall installing. I also went thru the steps laid out in KB307917. The only mailboxes remaining were system mailboxes. Can I use adsiedit to remove the server from ESM and would that cause issues later. courtesy of Evan, run this query using ldp.exe to see...

Vista, MS Access 2003 and MS ADO Ext 6.0 vs 2.x
I am running into an issue with MS Access 2003 installed on Vista. Apparantly in the MS ADO Ext 6.0 version either (format, round, or sum) is not in that DLL. However, when I link to v2.8 of the DLL, I don't have an issue. I am getting the following error message when running my query. "Function is not available in expressions in query expressions." Does anyone have other workarounds? I am distributing this application in an MDE format, so I was wondering if the end users may experience issues, if I link to my version of msadox.dll instead of the installed version. I tried s...

Formula result shows as zero Excel 2003
Formula as shown =IF(C12<>"",+C11-C12,"") appears in D12. This is the same formula as rows above but rows above show correct result whereas D12 and subsequent rows show only zero. If I do an F2 and F9, the correct result shows in the Formula Editing bar so formula is working correctly. I have tried copying both formula and cell formatting from previous rows which do display their result correctly but still doesn't fix the problem. Any assistance would be much appreciated Hi maybe automatic calculation is disabled. Check 'Tools - Options - Calculate...

how do i create a local client rule for outlook 2003
hello has anyone ever been able to create a local client rule for outlook 2003? exchange 2003? I can create the rule to send it to a PST (i dont know whether this can be done) then when i run the rule it says there is an error with the rule and it turns red. Does anyone have the steps for how to get this to work? Thanks A does the pst exist and is it in your profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

Problems with Access 2000 reports in Access 2003
Hi, we have a sent out a 2000 format access database to a client running Access 2003. When trying to open any of the reports they get an error - "the openreport action was cancelled" - Not sure if they get this by running the report from the database window or if it's only when done through a form (buttons that run docmd.openreport when pressed). Is anyone aware of any issues that may be causing this? I couldn't find anything elsewhere on the MS site. Thanks - Angie P.S. the reports work fine in 2000 and XP. ...

2003 calendar free/busy times
New to 2003 so please bear with me - in 5.5 you had to replicate from site to site the free busy time so someone in another site when sending a meeting notice could check to see if the time was available. I can't seem to find out how this is done in 2003 - how do you publish from one administrative groups servers to another the calendar info? TIA Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com in the ESM, go to your AG, then "Folders", then "Public Folders"...right-click, and select "View System Folders"...under "Schedule+ Free Busy", select the appropr...

DPM 2010 Remote Agent Install (windows firewall settings)
I'm looking for the specific ports I need to unblock in order to push the agent from the console. All the documentation references point to firewall settings for the DPM server. I'm only interested in the windows firewall settings on the client (protected machine) necessary to push the agent. If I manually install on the client the installer opens the correct ports on the firewall for the agent to function so I'm not even concerned about those settings. I just need to be able to install/uninstall from the console and have been unable to do so unless I turn off the...

Outlook 2003 with Word 2000 Editor
Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood 2003 to edit messages... I couldn't find a download on the web... If you are trying to use, inside of Outlook 2003, Word 2000 as the "editor" ... not possible. Need to use the same "family" together, e.g. Word 2003 with Outlook 2003, or Word 2000 with Outlook 2000. There is nothing to download. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Brendan Shaw wrote: > Does anyone know if you can use Word 2000 with Outlood > 2003 to edit messages... > > I couldn't find a download on the web... ...

Server 2003 Unbelievably Slow
Hi, First of all, I'd like to add that I'm not a professional in server systems. My problem is that my server is unbelievably slow. It is a new (3 months old) IBM xServer with quad core processor, 4 gb ram, 15k hdd, etc. I have sqlserver developer edition (db size is 4 gb) running for an erp software. I also have Kerio WinRoute Firewall on the server where I log all the internet activities of the users in the network. The Performance window (ctrl+alt+del) shows at a norma time app. 3-5%. However, even opening a folder from "My Computer" takes sometimes 10...

Money 2003
I've set-up mortage loan account connected to hause asset account. I'm downloading bank transactions reports through internet. Beside others there are loan payments. How I can declare those payments aftewards as loan payments regarding specyfic loan account? Could I define split beetwen principal and interest? Dref ...

Using tables created in 2003 IN 2007
My office has recently upgraded to 2007. I enjoy new features such as the ability to highlight a few words within the table without the ENTIRE table's font changing; unfortunately, this only works in tables I have created since the upgrade. My old tables that were brought over from 2003 do not have this capability. Is there an add-on out there? I do not have to resort to re-typing and creating all new tables. PS. Copy and pasting into a new table does not work. Convertting the file using the office button does not work. Help? please? I think you talking about what is called...

Please help with Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector
I'm trying to create an SMTP Connector in Exchange Server 2003, to have our company's email sent out (Internet/External emails) to a specific mail forwarder server (the "specific" server is our ISP/Firewall provider server). But I'm having problems understanding how to set this up properly with our Exchange 2003 Server, I know I have to create a new SMTP Connector but not sure what settings to make. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks William On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:41:39 -0500, "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> wrote: >I&...

DPM RC 2010 Agent Install on Windows Server 2008 R2
We are having trouble installing the DPM agent on a terminal server running Windows Server 2008 R2. If we install the agent manually, it installs fine and then gives this error when we try to attach it: 0x80004005 We removed all group policies from the server and turned off the firewall, but we still get this error. When I uninstalled the agent and tried to re-install through the console, this is what was in the error log: 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 agentcfg.cpp(475) [000000000076C200] NORMAL Cound not find configuration for DPMRA 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 run...

Office Standard 2003, no more activations left by phone or online
I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck and need to purchase a new key? Is there a way around this? If its a retail version you can install as often as you like providing you dont exceed the number of *working* PC's its licensed for. If an oem version its only licensed for the origonal PC "BettyBlue" <BettyBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A099EC53-A617-4083-83F7-889AECFFAD01@microsoft.com... >I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck >and > need to purchase a new...

Access 2003 Packaging & Deployment Wizard for Vista Install
Have had no problems installing on XP but Vista is different. For Vista Installations I have 2 queries: Believe I should be installing my program and associated files in the CommonAppDataFolder and that seems to correspond with the ProgramData folder when installed on Vista. However, when the front end is installed in ProgramData folder, the operator can't perform a compact/repair on the front end file?? Using the PDW how/where do I set up the installation of the back end data file? This needs to be accessible by all uses and don't want to run into the "virtualising&quo...

Excel 2010 Object Model
Hello, In the online help, the Excel Object Model is not in a usable visual format. Is the Excel 2010 Object Model available in PDF or other image format? ...

Return the name of the object I click on in a form
Hi, How do I go about returning the name of an object on a form. For example if I set the "On Click" event procedure on a rectangle object to return: MsgBox Me.Name I get the form name. What I want to do is click on the object and be abe to reference it's properties such as Tag to run other code based in these values. As always any assistance is greatly appreciated. Regards, John Dumay For the name of the control try Screen.ActiveControl.Name For the control itself use Screen.ActiveControl -- AG Email: discussATadhdataDOTcom "John Dumay" <JohnDumay@dis...

How to disable inline auto-indent/spaces when replying
Good Morning, When I reply on a message, and want to write between the tekst I replied to, it automatically adds a space before and after my cursor. So if I edit: "Today it is 9 Oktober 2007" To 9 October, I get this: "Today it is 9 O c tober" How can I turn this off? Thanks in advance, Joost Pastoor ...

Exchange 2003 #26
I have two windows 2003 servers on of them has exchange 2003 running on it. How do I get the other server to display the exchange tabs when I open the properties page for a user and add the mail box when creating a new user? Thanks much. You could create a custom MMC >-----Original Message----- >I have two windows 2003 servers on of them has exchange >2003 running on it. How do I get the other server to >display the exchange tabs when I open the properties page >for a user and add the mail box when creating a new user? > >Thanks much. >. > You must install ...

Converting an Access 97 db to 2003, I got a message "conversion errors encountered - look in conversion errors table". In the table is a single row-- Object Type: Table Object Name: MSysObjects Error Description: -1611: Could not find field 'Description'. This database contains only tables, queries and reports. Any idea what this means? All I can suppose is that some query or report refers to a column called Description in a table that does not contain it. But how to find out which one? David This message probably represents a corruption in the original Access 97 data...

Exchange 2010 Archive feature
I am trying to understand what the significant of the new Archiving feature in Exchange 2010? if the archive mailbox is located in the same database as the users mailbox, then how does this improve storage capacity or performance of Exchange? Is this feature more about keeping the users inbox clean? On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:59:05 -0700, "sawyer" <occompguy@cox.net> wrote: >I am trying to understand what the significant of the new Archiving feature >in Exchange 2010? if the archive mailbox is located in the same database as >the users mailbox, then ho...

2010 CAS and 2007 CAS same AD site
Hello all I have a 2007 sp2 CAS server and a 2010 CAS server located in the same AD site. On the 2007 CAS server i have changed the externalurl from https://mail.kbblab.com/owa to https://legacy.kbblab.com/owa, i left the internalurl at its default setting. On the 2010 CAS server the externalurl points to https://mail.kbblab.com/owa and i set the Exchange2003URL to https://legacy.kbblab.com/owa. The 2010 CAS server is using FBA authentication and basic with SSL. The 2007 CAS server is using NTLM and windowsintegrated for internaluathenticationmethods. I have created an ...

Outlook 2003 on Vista
Have tried all sorts but can not get Outlook 2003 to send or receive on Vista, the test settings work and that actually sends a email as if i check with Windows Mail it receives the test message. In Outlook 2003 options the Send Receive option button does not bring up the Group Sending and other options window and the send receive button does nothing. Just switched to Mozilla Thunderbird and got everything working great, may just stay with that. "CampaMan" <campaman@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:ua0YgtZSJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Just switched to Mo...

Hyperlink powerpoint object to excel range?
I'm using a powerpoint presentation to show several ranges on several worksheets in an excel workbook. No problem linking the excel file to powerpoint but is there a way to link powerpoint to a range address within that file? I am hoping to flip back and forth with several powerpoint links to particular worksheet ranges. Thanks Your advice will be appreciated ...

Running sql server 2000 and/or sql server 2005 on sbs 2003
My ultimate questions will be: Can SQL SErver 2000 and 2005 run on the same ssbs2003 server? and, regardless, Should I/ can I uninstall SQL Server 2005 and go back to SQL Server 2000. Moving from SBS2000 Premium to SBS2003 Premium on a new server. We were using SQL Server 2000 on the old server for a few things: Backup Exec, Prolog (construction mgmnt software), Great Plains (MS financial), etc. During the install, I kind of just followed directions and installed R2, which I guess installed SQL Server 2005. I wasn't really aware of options. Since then I have had a number ...