Select all shapes that is connected to a Shape

Is their any way in viso to choose all shapes  that is connected to a Shape
by line connector

0
Kannan (4)
8/25/2006 2:55:02 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Through code.

You can walk the shapes collection to find the line connectors and then walk
the line connectors connection collections (there is a from and a to
collection) to find out who they are connected to.

If you want to select the shapes connected to a line, you can select a line
and run VBA code to change the selection to the shapes connected to the line
using the lines connection collections.

John...    Visio MVP

Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
Visio Wishlist       http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm

"Kannan" <Kannan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is their any way in viso to choose all shapes  that is connected to a
> Shape
> by line connector

0
lancucki (505)
8/25/2006 3:14:51 PM
hi john, thanks for that ..

any way in viso .. with few clicks .. ..  or can you post an macro for this

"John Marshall, MVP" wrote:

> Through code.
>
> You can walk the shapes collection to find the line connectors and then walk
> the line connectors connection collections (there is a from and a to
> collection) to find out who they are connected to.
>
> If you want to select the shapes connected to a line, you can select a line
> and run VBA code to change the selection to the shapes connected to the line
> using the lines connection collections.
>
> John...    Visio MVP
>
> Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
> Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
> Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
> Visio Wishlist       http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm
>
> "Kannan" <Kannan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is their any way in viso to choose all shapes  that is connected to a
> > Shape
> > by line connector

0
Kannan (4)
8/26/2006 8:45:01 PM
Possibly in a week or so, but can you provide more details of what you
expect the macro to do?

> hi john, thanks for that ..
>
> any way in viso .. with few clicks .. ..  or can you post an macro for
> this
>
> "John Marshall, MVP" wrote:
>
>> Through code.
>>
>> You can walk the shapes collection to find the line connectors and then
>> walk
>> the line connectors connection collections (there is a from and a to
>> collection) to find out who they are connected to.
>>
>> If you want to select the shapes connected to a line, you can select a
>> line
>> and run VBA code to change the selection to the shapes connected to the
>> line
>> using the lines connection collections.
>>
>> John...    Visio MVP
>>
>> Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm
>> Need VBA examples?   http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm
>> Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm
>> Visio Wishlist       http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm
>>
>> "Kannan" <Kannan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is their any way in viso to choose all shapes  that is connected to a
>> > Shape
>> > by line connector

0
lancucki (505)

Drawing shapes and saving them
Hello, I'm looking for a way to draw or drop basic resizable shapes on a form that could be retrieved once the form is closed and loaded again Thanks Avi > I'm looking for a way to draw or drop basic resizable shapes > on a form that could be retrieved once the form is closed > and loaded again Take a look at our MetaDraw component. http://www.btis.com/btProducts/MetaDraw/MetaDraw.htm MetaDraw will allow your users to draw shapes, move the shapes, and resize the shapes. You can also save and reload the layout and continue ...

Excel connectivity with Oracle OLAP
Hi guys Bit of a long shot but has anyone tried to connect from Excel to Oracle9i OLAP and manipulated the data using OLAP DML commands? Many thanks in advance for any info on this issue Cheers Ciaran Ciaran, This link might be of use for an ADO connection http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC/ADO/Connection/OLEDB_Providers.htm#OLEDBProviderForOLAPServices -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ciaran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54d901c3e5...

Important Word Options to be selected in Word 2007
-- mprnair What about them? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "mprnair" <mprnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:355F31FF-4AAB-4ED6-B326-88FA301C0EED@microsoft.com... > > -- > mprnair > ...

AOL refusing connections from our Exchange Server
I just switched our Internet connection from a SBC ADSL Connection to an AT&T (same company now) T1 connection. Since the change AOL has been blocking connections "from" our Exchange Server. The Public IP Address that forwards to our internal Exchange Server is the registered MX Record for our domain, and I've checked ordb.org for open relays. I've also sent an eamil to the administrative contact registered with AOL, but got no response (not that I really expected one). Any ideas how to get this resolved? Perhaps I won't get email from AOL anymore :) -- P...

2 criteria cells used to select which validation list to use
Greetings All: (Excel 2003) I'm trying to "clean up" various workbooks and consolidate into one workbook (probably about 75 sheets, when done). I have come to the conclusion that, for clarity of my formulas, I should have used range names. I have the Name Manager, version 3.2 from Jan Karel, which hopefully will prove to be more than a little useful. My current problem relates to the use of validation, based on info from two cells, (either/or), and requiring a result of 1 of 2 validation lists. I hope the following is clear. Cell C3: Truck Cell D3 = 0 (not applicable) or 1...

Office 2007 Connection to SBS 2003 via PPTP
We have an SBS 2003 server. We have a number of PCs running Office 2007. One of them is a notebook. When the notebook is in the office, Outlook connects to the server as expected. When we take the notebook out of the office and attempt to connect Outlook to the server thru PPTP, Outlook reports "Trying to connect to Microsoft Exchange" and never gets any futher. No timeouts. No failures. No nothing. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Configure Outlook to connect over the internet using https/rpc. If you run the connect to the internet wizard and enable this it ...

How do I change a shape in Visio for a process flow diagram
How do I change a shape in Visio for a process flow diagram? I have an existing process flow diagram in Visio and want to change multiple shape types to other shape types without losing the data on the current shape. I don't want to have to redo the connector lines & text inside each box. Help. Thanks. On Thu, 8 May 2008 08:43:03 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I change a shape in Visio for a process flow diagram? I have an >existing process flow diagram in Visio and want to change multiple shape >types to other shape types withou...

select distinct id with other data
Hello everybody, I have a table with such data: id name 1 Mario 1 Mario Krsnic 1 MKrsnic 1 MarioK The same Id refers to different names of the same person. how can I select distinct ID with both columns? If I use select distinct id,name then I get the above data. I would like to have only: 1,Mario(or some other variante of the name) In the result should every id appear only once. Thanks for suggestions! Mario Mario Krsnic wrote: >I have a table with such data: >id name >1 Mario >1 Mario Krsnic >1 MKrsnic >1 MarioK ...

How do I select which framework to use when buiding my app
Hi! I have VS 2005. I just wonder where do I select which framework to use when building my app ? I have looked at the project property but I can't find it. //Tony I found it myself. You can't select framework to use when buiding in VS 2005. This is only possible in VS2008. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> skrev i meddelandet news:em7kzW%23tKHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I have VS 2005. I just wonder where do I select which framework to use > when building my app ? > I have looked at the p...

Users can't access CRM via a VPN connection
Hi -- we're trying to set it up so our remote users can VPN into the office and use CRM via their Outlook client. We have CRM 3.0 and we're using a Check Point firewall. The CRM Outlook client works great when they're in the office but when they try during a VPN session they get the infamous error: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailabe..." Outlook connects to the Exchange server as it should -- but for some reason CRM won't work. I've already looked through the KB article 910090 and none of tha...

"The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is uinavailable".
When trying to open Outlook I'm getting a message that says "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is uinavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this transaction." What does this mean and what do I do?? "=?Utf-8?B?a2V2aW4=?=" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:78BB4720-5BCC-4F47-95EF-469B8443D9D7@microsoft.com: > When trying to open Outlook I'm getting a message that says "The > connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is uinavailable. Outlook > must be online or connected to complete this transa...

Select subform's query criteria from form's unbound cbo
I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query popping up. How do I do this? I'm new to VBA and not an Access 2003 whiz either. TIA for your help! WorkerBee wrote: > I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo > box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the > subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query > popping up. How do I do t...

selection in CTreeCtrl
Hello, I have a Tree Control in my application that displays two types of items: type A and type B. I want to implement the following: 1. When user clicks on any item of type A it should be shown as selected and the previously selected item will be deselected - it is actually the default behavior. 2. When user clicks on any item of type B - nothing should happen: the previously selected item remain selected and the clicked item remains deselected. So, actually, I want that the items of type B will never highlighted with a blue band. How can do it? Thanks, Mark. -- Please ...

selecting the 2nd column of a combo box in a report?
I have a combo box that uses data from a table with the fields (setupid, physician setup, md_PIN). the bound column = 1. The physicians sign on using their name (signing_md) and PIN (signing_md_pin). thanks to advice from this website I have...If signing_md_pin.value = dlookup("md_pin". "[setup table]","[setupid] =" [signing_md] then ... in the event procedure. When I try to get the physician name on the report (signing_md) it returns the physician number (setupid) instead of the name. How do I get the 2nd column of the combo box to the report?Thank you....

how about implement network bandwidth shaping for win7?
I wanna implement a traffic shaper for win7 to limit some application's downloading speed.If I write a ndis intermediate driver and throttle the receiving speed from the IM driver, the IM driver should put the application's rx frames into a queue to limit its receiving speed, that will use out the miniport NIC driver's rx buffer so that the NIC will send pause frame to the partner. Then all other application's receiving performance will decline too. This is not what I expect. It seems that Winsock Kernel and Windows Filtering Platform can't be used to shape traffic, ...

Select Range
Having trouble selecting several non-contiguous ranges. The spreadsheet I am working with is apprx. 300 rows by 110 columns. The sheet is subtotaled. I need to copy data and move to a summary worksheet. There is a subtotaled section entitled 'Risk'. Within this section, the only data required is Country, Customer, 3Q (orders, revenue, gross margin), and 4Q (orders, revenue, gross margin); columns B, E, AQ, AR, AS, BK, BL, and BM - respectively. The section title is in cell A162 and the data is in A163:CY200. I would prefer to select all of the data from the section at once, but ...

Visio 2007 Std
Hi, I added a couple of shape data to a shape (Server shape). I recognized that my labels are switched in lines. Like I define a label called "IP address" it used to be in line 2. Sometime in between it moved to line 5. Don't know why. But some more strange things happened. I defined a label "data centre" I gave it a type "fixed list" and entered some info's there. Everything looked fine I checked OK and in between again I recognized that my type "fixed list" was gone. The label was still there but the type changed to "string" and my...

connecting an unlinked story
I have a story with a broken link on page 9 and a new link from page 10 on. I want to link page 9 to page 10 to keep continuity. However, the only thing I'm allowed to link to is a blank page. Page 10 has data. If I insert a blank page after page 9 as the new page 10 and link 9& new page 10, I still can't link new page 10 to page 11 (which was old page 10) because it contains data and this program won't let you link to a page that contains data. If I try to cut the data out of page 11, the rest of the overflows into page 11, keeping if from being blank and accepting the ...

select with subquery in select clause
Hi I need to make a select from 2 tables whit this layout always with the newest datetime exchange currency. The local cuurency is Mexican Pesos Table 1 Currencies example: CurrencyID Key Description 1 USD USA Dollar 2 EUR European Euro 3 Yen Japan Yen Tabla 2 is Day exchange Currency CurrencyID Equivalent DateTime 1 12.50 2010-08-07 08:00:00 1 12.55 2010-08-07 08:10:00 1 12.49 2010-08-07 08:20:00 1 12.60 2010-08-07 08:30:00 1 12.51 2010-08-07 08:40:00 1 12.52 2010-08-07 08:50:00 1 12.48 2010-08-07 09:00:00 1 12.61 2010-08-07 09:10:00 <-- the newest xchange for USD 2...

2D line shape
Hi, If I draw a line and draw another line from the end of the first line, the whole becomes instantly a 2D shape and the two lines themselves cannot be extended individually. I am having trouble with that. I often type in a cable number in a line and that number normally shows right on top of the line. Now if I type a number with the two lines I described above, the number appears in the middle of the new born 2D shape. Is there a way to change lines separately from each other after they have become a 2D shape ? Or is there a way to avoid them becoming a 2D shape ? Thanks, Arnold The ...

Select Catagories to CC to??
Is it possible to make an Outlook default to choosing contacts from Categories instead of the Address book when you CC something?? In other words, you create an email, you click cc and can you select the recepients based on contact catagories?? and not the address book?? Not really. Clicking To: or CC: (or BCC:) will invoke the Outlook Address Book exclusively. The closest you can get to this is: You can use the "By Category" view of your Contacts Folder to send only to one category of Contacts, but those addresses will be placed in the To: field, not the CC: field. You ca...

Money won't connect to my bank since October 2006
I bought MS Money back in Sept 2006. Just one money later it stopped connecting to my bank b/c of some security changes Key Bank put through. Since then, Money has basically been a glorified check writing program for my small biz. I download the OFX files (or whatever they're called) from my bank's website and I back-date it to when I opened my biz account. Even so, Money ALWAYS shows my balance as being the red somehow, even when my bank has something very different to say. I'm no accountant and my problem-solving patience isn't infinite so Money's only use t...

Asking Excel Solver to use binaries, but selects other values
I am trying to get a linear program solved using solver. The values that Solver needs to enter are contrained as binary, but excel still try to find values that are neither 0 or 1. Stephane, I assume that when you say it is selecting values that are neither 0 or 1, they are values that are numerically close to 0 or 1 (such as 0.99998). If this is the case, you may want to consider the following approach: 1. Have the Solver constrain your decision variables as binary. 2. Have another set of cells which uses the decision variable to produce a result. When the underlying decision variabl...

Authentification Error when Laptop is NOT connected to the Network
Hi A customer of us has the MS CRM 3.0 Laptopclient. Since some day's he has a authentification error when he starts outlook with the laptopclient. The error raises only if the user is NOT connected to the network. If the User is connected to the Network there is no problem. First I thought that it could be a passwordchange - but there was no change.... Some ideas how we could resolve the problem? Thank's Michel Can you check error log, if password is not problem, you have to repair the client. Also check update rollup2 on server. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professio...

Limiting combo box selection
I have Table 1 that list active projects, table 2 that list biweekly reporting information for each record in Table 1 and Table 3 that list the submission dates for each project (which I am using as a combo box selection in my form (table 2) that fills in the DateID field). So in the beginning of the year the combo box may have 12 dates, as the project manager submits the biweekly reporting I want to eliminate that date as a selection in the combo box. Right now the row source for the dateID field is SELECT DISTINCT [DateID], [DateReport] FROM tblDateSubmitted ORDER BY [DateReport] DE...