Removing Blank space from Visio drawing?

Hi,
    Sometime when I insert Visio drawing in to word file
it show extra space with the drawing. But Visio drawing
does not contain any type of extra things (Blank text box
or transparent shapes etc.). How should I remove this
extra area?

Rakesh

0
rmkandwal (1)
9/3/2003 9:57:51 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Adjust your page settings (fit page).

Rgds.
Frank W.

Rakesh <rmkandwal@hotmail.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
09ac01c37201$d68cc7b0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>     Sometime when I insert Visio drawing in to word file
> it show extra space with the drawing. But Visio drawing
> does not contain any type of extra things (Blank text box
> or transparent shapes etc.). How should I remove this
> extra area?
>
> Rakesh

0
wuenschel (2)

Excel puts spaces after the decimal
When I type 1.50 in any cell in any worksheet Excel displays it as 1. 50. I have checked the decimal points in the format number, currency etc as well as in Tools , options I even checked my Windows settings and re-installed Excel but the problem still stays. PLEASE can somebody help. Did you check under Tools|Autocorrect Options to see if there was something changing the dot to dot-space-space? Isabel wrote: > > When I type 1.50 in any cell in any worksheet Excel displays it as 1. 50. I > have checked the decimal points in the format number, currency etc as well as > in...

removing email account
Outlook says to click on the account in account settings and then click remove, but there's no "remove." "kim" wrote in message news:68298685-7DFF-41E4-A883-62366724FDF8@microsoft.com... > Outlook says to click on the account in account settings and then > click > remove, but there's no "remove." Then you did not navigate to the correct dialog. Provide EXACTLY how you navigate to whatever window it is where you think there should be a Remove button. Different versions of a program exist because there are different features or changes in...

remove last three characters of cell
Thanks, Access Expert! Your formula works really great! Now, I am trying to use the same formula to remove the last three characters which contain a comma, a space, and one letter (it varies, and a wildcard doesn't seem to work) (e.g. ", J"), how do I modify it to remove the last three characters. I've been playing around with it, but don't know how to specify the letter as a wildcard, if that's even possible. I want to to go from Doe, John, W --> Doe, John Thanks! "AccessExpert" wrote: > Mira, > > You can use a combination of the L...

Why does my HP 5Si prints 1 blank page for every page I print
My HP Laser Jet 5Si prints 1 blank page for every page I print in publisher. I can not find out why, or how to correct it. HELP! Are you printing multi-page documents? Are you saying every other page is blank? Has the printer always printed this way? Have you looked at printing preferences to be sure you don't have a separation page enabled? You have an old printer, could be your driver is corrupt. It is always advisable to completely remove a driver before installing or re-installing. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsander...

Save as .csv file removes trailing 00 #2
Hi all. I have a XL sheet with one column containing tekst and values. It is partnumbers. Some of these starts with trailing nulls (the number 0). Like 00AB25 or 00056P-SDF. It is populated from SQL Server 2000 varchar(30) field. When I save as .csv file XL removes the trailing 0's and the partnumber in the csv file changes to AB25 and 56P-SDF. Any ideas how to avoid this? thanx. geir In the raw .csv file the leading nulls are preserved (try opening it with Notepad and you will see), but when Excel reopens the file it converts them to numbers. But only those partnumbers that do n...

Problem with Chart drawing blank cells as zero
Hi I am currently trying to create an excel line chart showing cumulative baseline vs Cumulative Actual vs forecast actual lines (the forecast line is a continuation of the Actual to date line) which I have done - but am trying to automate it so it is 'more user friendly' and can be created at the touch of a macro. The problem I am having is that one of the formulae i am using looks up a date in the timescale and if it is in the future I want it to leave the cell bank (using the "" option" - problem is the chart then decides this is not a blank cell it is a zero ...

want to draw electrical schematics in Visio
Where do i find electrical schematic symbols for Visio? I would like to be able to create simple schematics for my clients. If you have Visio 2007Pro they should be included, otherwise have a look at Paul Herber's site: http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ "George@fusionsecurity" wrote: > Where do i find electrical schematic symbols for Visio? I would like to be > able to create simple schematics for my clients. ...

Line Spacing in OutlookXP
When selecting stationary(sunflower) I lose the ability to change line spacing. When I type a list it double spaces, but when I type text it single spaces on the wrap. I cannot find a way to change the line spacing to single spacing. Outlook XP. I'm not sure if this is the best answer to your problem, but if you use SHIFT+ENTER instead of just ENTER for a return, you should get a single space instead of double. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** ...

calculating subtotals for sequential blank cells in 1 column
if i had a column of data and i need to group/subtotal any cells containing zeros or isolated zeros, wat formula do i put in eg. 0 ) 1 ) 0 ) 0 ) subtotal = 4 (so i know it was a group of four cells) 4 5 1 6 5 0 ) 1 ) 0 ) subtotal = 3 6 7 8 0 ) subtotal = 1 basically the data shows steps and rests, and we need to know how long the rest periods are. single steps surrounded by rest (0) need to be counted as rest intervals. Here is one way. Assuming your data starts in A1... In B1 enter =--(A1=0) In B2 enter =IF(A2=0,B1+1,IF(AND(A1=0,A3=...

MSMoney 2006 Deluxe
I have exactly the scenario described by KB 913617 [1], but the workaround doesn't work for me. I have three reminders on the home page for "overdue" water bills. When I follow the workaround instructions, and get to step 8, I am unable to edit the series of bills. I click "Edit bill series" and then nothing happens, except the calendar screen refreshes. I have already deleted the recurring bill from the Bills page, and have run out of ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd say, "Thanks!" [1] http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;913617 ...

Removing Unregistered Library
Hi all, I'm currently going round in circles with this one: I have a workbook that has been created in xl 2000 and sends e-mail from outlook. However, when the file is opened and saved in Excel 200 the references to the Outlook v9.0 library change to Outlook v11.0 This would be fine except the file has to run in office 2000, xp an 2003. Help!!! When the file is re-opened in excel 2000 the outlook library doesn' change back from xp to 2000. I have been trying various forms of VBA t remove the reference library link but with no success. I keep gettin error "Object Library Not R...

Inserting alternate blank rows in Excel
I have several spreadsheets with between 2,000 and 3,000 rows of data. I'm using them to import data into some accounting software. The format required by the software is that each row of data is separated by a blank row. Short of individually inserting several thousand rows, does anyone know another way of changing the layout of the spreadsheet? Well, you could add a helper column and enter 1, 3, 5, and copy down to the bottom of what you've got. You could then put 2,4,6,8 ... in blank rows until you have the max # of what you need. Then sort by the helper column. Make su...

space between text strings with concatenate
I'm using the concatenate function to join two bits of text - but I want a space between, and the function joins them together without a space. How can I insert a space into the resulting text please? (It seems to me that we would want such a space in ANY two text strings which we join together with concatenate - wouldn't we?? Why doesn't it put one in by default?!) Thanks Jeff Hi Jeff, =text1&" "&text2 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Jeff" <no_em@ilplease> wrote in message news:42275bd0@212.67.96.135... > I...

How to remove invalid e-mail generation rules?
I have a client which I just migrated Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. All of the site addressing generation rules got transferred over from 5.5 into 2003 under recipient policies. There is an invalid entry in there that's causing the RUS service to stall. I would like to know how to remove this entry because the remove button is greyed out?? It seems that the remove button is only available if I custom create a new one. what's more perplexing is the fact that if I try to uncheck the entry then click ok, I get an error of "The specified directory service attribute or val...

running out of disk space
I am running out of disk space on my backend server serving all users. there is no more room for additional HD. Will it be possible for me to purchase an additional server and move some mailboxes over to the new server and run both concurrrently? Will i still be able to use single namespace with front end server? Whate about mapi, will i be able to use single name space with mapi? Hi Tony Yes that sound like a simple enough solution and i don't forsee any problems with you adding an additional server, also if you are running Exchange Enterprise 2000 or 2003 you could simply add...

Visio 2010 beta and BCSRuntime.dll problem
I recently downloaded Visio beta 2010 and now, upon opening Outlook (From office 2003), I receive the BCSRuntime.dll missing error. Seems to work ok but I'd like to resove the problem and eliminate the notification. I also run full Office 2007 suite. -- SP ...

Blank e-mails #3
we have been receiving e-mails that have no date, no subject and no content. Our ISP says that this is an Outlook Express problem and to search support. We can't find anything? Dick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > we have been receiving e-mails that have no date, no > subject and no content. Our ISP says that this is an > Outlook Express problem and to search support. > We can't find anything? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Try REGSVR32 INETCOMM.DLL at a command line prompt. -- Brian Tillman ...

How do I remove the leading 1 from a nine digit telephone #
How do I remove the leading 1 from a nine digit telephone #'s stored in a column in excel. Eg. Get 17035551212 to be 7035551212 Hi one option is to use a "helper" column e.g. if your numbers are in column A, starting on row 1 in B1 type =right(A1,len(A1)-1) (as your phone numbers in the example don't appear to be 9 digits long) then move the cursor over the bottom right of cell B1 and when you see a + double click this will fill the formula down the column. When you're happy with the result select column B and choose copy click on A1 and choose edit / paste specia...

visio hyperlink to excel row
I have a drawing of a Dell rack with individual Dell server box pics in it. I figured out how to link one server's picture (using insert hyperlink) to open a spreadsheet containing server stats. What my boss wants is for each individual server's picture, when clicked, to open to its row of data in said excel file. Does anyone have a clue as to how this is done, either thru hyperlink, macro, vba, vbs, or sql script for each server? It would be helpful if the solution could find the server name in the spreadsheet then go right to that row. Thanks very much from a 1st time vis...

cannot open shapes properties with Visio std 2007
Whatever I do (double-click, right click then go to properties, access the properties from the menu shape) I cannot open properties of any shape in Visio. Actually it's like Visio ignoring my action. very frustrating indeed. Any clue ? Thks, Franck On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:11:00 -0800, FT <FT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whatever I do (double-click, right click then go to properties, access the >properties from the menu shape) I cannot open properties of any shape in >Visio. Actually it's like Visio ignoring my action. I wonder if it might be that the win...

Empty (blank) cell read as zero??
I am using the formula *9/5+32 to change celsius values on on worksheet to fahrenheit on another linked sheet. This works OK, bu all the unentered (blank) cells on the celsius sheet appear as 32 o the fahrenheit sheet until values are entered on the C sheet. Untidy! Is there a way of keeping cells on both sheets blank until entries ar made on the C sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try somehing like =IF('sheetC'!A1="","",'sheetC'!A1*(9/5)+32) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am using the formula *9/5+32 to cha...

Problem automatically inserting "This page is intentionally blank.
Hello, We have some procedures documents and manuals that use odd-page section breaks to separate chapters. Obviously, when a chapter ends on an odd page, Word adds a completely blank page before the next chapter. In order to eliminate this problem, we'd like to add a page with the mention "This page is intentionally blank." at the end of any chapter with an odd page count. I found a great article on the MVPs site by John McGhie: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/TblsFldsFms/InsEvnPgEndChap.htm It works great on some of our documents, but on others there is a problem....

drawing lines in Excel 2007
OK. I understand change. Change is good. But how does one draw a simple straight line and retain control over it? I can draw it using line from shapes and the shift key to constrain it to vertical. The second I try to move it, it goes off vertical never to return. Moreover, I can't move it horizontally beyond the middle section of the chart area. It hits some invisible shield. I simply want to be able to highlight individual data points on a line graph by a vertical line from the x axis to the top of the chart. -- Perplexed in Trana Change is fine if it brings about improv...

removing password request
When using Outlook 2007 with exchange 2007 is there a way when using RPC over http is there a way to not have to keep entering the password. Even though it says to save the password it keeps asking for it everytime you open up Outlook Ensure that the workstation is a domain member and the user is logged on to the domain. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:A5FAC68B-CF9C-45D4-9E53-6AB645C8C33A@microsoft.com... > When using Outlook 2007 with exchange ...

How to read a blank cell as zero for formulas?
I have an empty cell because of "" in the formula but in a new formula referencing that cell I want it to be read as zero? Help Lots of excel's functions will treat that as a zero (like =sum()). But some will blow up real good: =a1+a2 Maybe: =n(a1)+n(a2) would be ok for you. mrssm5 wrote: > > I have an empty cell because of "" in the formula but in a new formula > referencing that cell I want it to be read as zero? Help -- Dave Peterson Range based functions (SUM, AVERAGE, etc) will ignore "", but if you want it treated as zero (inste...